VenomLand
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please beware, to register at venomland you are requested to use your full name (first and family name) - nicknames are not allowed and will be not activated! thx

Dear Venomland Members and Friends, Venomland is a little more than 6 years old now and by far the biggest Hot Snake community on the Planet! We want to thank all of you who made Venomland the leading Board. We are also very thankful to our Moderators and Admins for years of hard work. Now, it is time to move on. I have been thinking how to proceed and what to do with our beloved board as we reach a size, that we need to make drastic changes to secure the future of our community. As of now, Venomland is hosted by a free (well mostly free) hosting service. That was good for the first years but now we need to find a new way to run our forum. I have spend hundreds of Dollars over the years to keep Venomland up and running, and i have done so with pleasure. Now, we need your help! We need to come up with several thousand dollars for our Venomland 2.0 project, which i frankly cant pay for any longer by myself. So Venomland is asking his Friends and Members for the first time for their financial Support. Please help to keep Venomland alive, and let us move on to a new, better Portal in the Future! Every Dollar is helping us a great deal. I know, its hard times for everyone, but please spare a few Dollar for our community. If you have only 10 Dollars to spare, we are grateful, if it is more, it would be awesome. We are planning to develop a very new Venomland, with real community functions, a forum like you are already loving it and a real (online) Hot Snake Magazin. Also, there will be download areas for scientific papers, Wallpapers and more. Again folks, we can only do that if you all help. Please send me a Private Message if you want to keep Venomland alive, i will provide you with the details on how to donate Money. For now, we can accept money from creditcards via skrill (please google it, its a free service - account-details will be forwarded to you) and paypal. All the best, and for a (hopefully) nice future of our Board. Mario

My albino N. kaouthia

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Kimberly Urban

Female
Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2012-06-05

My albino N. kaouthia Empty
PostSubject: My albino N. kaouthia   My albino N. kaouthia Icon_minitimeWed 28 Nov - 3:43

I'm still a bit of a newb on here, but I recently got a better phone that has a great camera so I thought I'd share my fang faces with you guys. This is Shelby. He is a 2011 albino Naja kaouthia. He was a a very laid-back baby but right around a year of age he became more aggressive and standoffish....boys and their testosterone, huh? He's currently got a bit of nose rub from striking at the cage front whenever anyone is in the room....is this usual monocled behavior? How can I stop it short of covering him up all the time?

Anyway, he's a great snake to keep and I'm quite happy to have him. Cobras have always fascinated and amazed me. I find them extremely majestic and impressive animals.

My albino N. kaouthia 20121114_204854

My albino N. kaouthia 20121125_1934450

My albino N. kaouthia 20121125_193513
Back to top Go down
Ronald Streeter
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper
Ronald Streeter

Male
Number of posts : 85
Registration date : 2012-06-08

PostSubject: Re: My albino N. kaouthia   My albino N. kaouthia Icon_minitimeThu 29 Nov - 17:15

If you keep your N. k. out of sight, where it will not be seeing constant body movement, that will reduce the number of glass strikes.

You don't want a disfiguring scar on it's nose or to have an animal that won't feed because of a mouth infection.
Back to top Go down
Peter Zürcher
Admin
Admin
Peter Zürcher

Male
Number of posts : 1266
Registration date : 2008-03-06

PostSubject: Re: My albino N. kaouthia   My albino N. kaouthia Icon_minitimeThu 29 Nov - 17:22

Addtionally you could give her a more structured cage setup with different hiding places.
At least, give her a trap box without windows.
Back to top Go down
http://www.reptilienzoonockalm.at
Kimberly Urban

Female
Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2012-06-05

PostSubject: Re: My albino N. kaouthia   My albino N. kaouthia Icon_minitimeFri 30 Nov - 6:00

I can cover up the windows on the trap box. That would be fairly easy. I can also drape a towel over the cage for the time being...I had to do that for him once before. I think it was about this time of year last year when he scuffed up his nose too.

Something about the winter months seems to get him more agitated and defensive. I will look for some good cage decorations to make him feel more secure too. I had been going for a clean, non-cluttered cage so I could easily see where he was in there, but Shelby's security and comfort is more important.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My albino N. kaouthia   My albino N. kaouthia Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My albino N. kaouthia
Page 1 of 1