VenomLand
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please beware, to register at venomland you are requested to use your full name (first and family name) - nicknames are not allowed and will be not activated! thx

Dear Venomland Members and Friends, Venomland is a little more than 6 years old now and by far the biggest Hot Snake community on the Planet! We want to thank all of you who made Venomland the leading Board. We are also very thankful to our Moderators and Admins for years of hard work. Now, it is time to move on. I have been thinking how to proceed and what to do with our beloved board as we reach a size, that we need to make drastic changes to secure the future of our community. As of now, Venomland is hosted by a free (well mostly free) hosting service. That was good for the first years but now we need to find a new way to run our forum. I have spend hundreds of Dollars over the years to keep Venomland up and running, and i have done so with pleasure. Now, we need your help! We need to come up with several thousand dollars for our Venomland 2.0 project, which i frankly cant pay for any longer by myself. So Venomland is asking his Friends and Members for the first time for their financial Support. Please help to keep Venomland alive, and let us move on to a new, better Portal in the Future! Every Dollar is helping us a great deal. I know, its hard times for everyone, but please spare a few Dollar for our community. If you have only 10 Dollars to spare, we are grateful, if it is more, it would be awesome. We are planning to develop a very new Venomland, with real community functions, a forum like you are already loving it and a real (online) Hot Snake Magazin. Also, there will be download areas for scientific papers, Wallpapers and more. Again folks, we can only do that if you all help. Please send me a Private Message if you want to keep Venomland alive, i will provide you with the details on how to donate Money. For now, we can accept money from creditcards via skrill (please google it, its a free service - account-details will be forwarded to you) and paypal. All the best, and for a (hopefully) nice future of our Board. Mario

Scott Eipper's A Guide to...Australian Snakes in Captivity

Go down 
+4
Daniel Claesson
Wolfgang Wüster
Scott Eipper
Klaus Roemer
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Klaus Roemer
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer

Male
Number of posts : 222
Registration date : 2011-03-26

Scott Eipper's A Guide to...Australian Snakes in Captivity Empty
PostSubject: Scott Eipper's A Guide to...Australian Snakes in Captivity   Scott Eipper's A Guide to...Australian Snakes in Captivity Icon_minitimeSun 23 Dec - 21:51

I received a few days ago Scott Eipper's new book entitled: A Guide to...Australian Snakes in Captivity Elapids & Colubrids. The book covers a wide range of topics, from the general management to housing, feeding, snake bite, health and diseases and also, a detailed description of the species including a large number of beautiful shots. I highly recommend this fine and informative book, not only to keepers of Australian species as it contains a lot of useful general info. Thanks for the great job, Scott!
Back to top Go down
Scott Eipper
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper

Male
Number of posts : 67
Registration date : 2010-08-04

PostSubject: Re: Scott Eipper's A Guide to...Australian Snakes in Captivity   Scott Eipper's A Guide to...Australian Snakes in Captivity Icon_minitimeFri 4 Jan - 10:49

Hi Klaus,

Thanks very much for the kind words.

I hope it has filed a bit of a gap in keeping literature.

Cheers
Scott Eipper
Back to top Go down
Wolfgang Wüster
Systematicus
Systematicus

Number of posts : 273
Registration date : 2008-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Scott Eipper's A Guide to...Australian Snakes in Captivity   Scott Eipper's A Guide to...Australian Snakes in Captivity Icon_minitimeFri 4 Jan - 16:34

Congratulations Scott - I got a copy at Hamm a few weeks ago, and it is indeed a very nice book for all the reasons Klaus mentioned.
Back to top Go down
http://www.bangor.ac.uk/~bss166/
Scott Eipper
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper

Male

PostSubject: Re: Scott Eipper's A Guide to...Australian Snakes in Captivity   Scott Eipper's A Guide to...Australian Snakes in Captivity Icon_minitimeFri 4 Jan - 18:08

Thanks Wolfgang,

It was a long hard road- but I am happy with the finished product. I think it will serve the purpose where it was aimed.

Cheers
Scott
Back to top Go down
Daniel Claesson
Snakemaster
Snakemaster
Daniel Claesson

Male
Number of posts : 454
Registration date : 2009-05-16

PostSubject: Re: Scott Eipper's A Guide to...Australian Snakes in Captivity   Scott Eipper's A Guide to...Australian Snakes in Captivity Icon_minitimeFri 4 Jan - 19:14

Where can i find this book for purchase ?

Regards
Daniel
Back to top Go down
Peter van Issem
Serpent Chief
Serpent Chief
Peter van Issem

Male
Number of posts : 707
Registration date : 2009-03-08

PostSubject: Re: Scott Eipper's A Guide to...Australian Snakes in Captivity   Scott Eipper's A Guide to...Australian Snakes in Captivity Icon_minitimeSat 5 Jan - 2:48

@ Daniel: Check your PM Box.
Back to top Go down
Daniel Claesson
Snakemaster
Snakemaster
Daniel Claesson

Male
Number of posts : 454
Registration date : 2009-05-16

PostSubject: Re: Scott Eipper's A Guide to...Australian Snakes in Captivity   Scott Eipper's A Guide to...Australian Snakes in Captivity Icon_minitimeMon 7 Jan - 19:09

@ Peter: Thnx..
Back to top Go down
Peter Davies

Male
Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2013-09-10

PostSubject: Re: Scott Eipper's A Guide to...Australian Snakes in Captivity   Scott Eipper's A Guide to...Australian Snakes in Captivity Icon_minitimeThu 16 Jan - 1:10

Daniel Claesson wrote:
Where can i find this book for purchase ?

Regards
Daniel

I would like to now as well. Thanks.

Scott Eipper likes this post

Back to top Go down
Jean-Michel Dupuyoo
Jean-Michel Dupuyoo

Male
Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2014-06-20

PostSubject: Re: Scott Eipper's A Guide to...Australian Snakes in Captivity   Scott Eipper's A Guide to...Australian Snakes in Captivity Icon_minitimeWed 28 Oct - 21:42

I found my copy on amazon.com.

Great book. Nice pictures and informations about unknown species for me.

Sincerely.

Back to top Go down
http://www.zootropical.com
Paul Hermann
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper

Male
Number of posts : 66
Registration date : 2016-02-10

PostSubject: Re: Scott Eipper's A Guide to...Australian Snakes in Captivity   Scott Eipper's A Guide to...Australian Snakes in Captivity Icon_minitimeSat 20 Feb - 7:56

I really enjoyed reading this guide, in fact most of my knowledge about Australian species comes from it.
I found it very informative and well illustrated, thank you Scott for having shared your knowledge in herpetology and snake keeping.
Regards P

Back to top Go down
Scott Eipper
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper

Male

PostSubject: Re: Scott Eipper's A Guide to...Australian Snakes in Captivity   Scott Eipper's A Guide to...Australian Snakes in Captivity Icon_minitimeSat 30 Jul - 15:25

Hi Everyone,

A new version of this book will be available at Hamm 2022. We will be signing copies there.

Cheers,
Scott
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Scott Eipper's A Guide to...Australian Snakes in Captivity   Scott Eipper's A Guide to...Australian Snakes in Captivity Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Scott Eipper's A Guide to...Australian Snakes in Captivity
Page 1 of 1