VenomLand
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please beware, to register at venomland you are requested to use your full name (first and family name) - nicknames are not allowed and will be not activated! thx

Dear Venomland Members and Friends, Venomland is a little more than 6 years old now and by far the biggest Hot Snake community on the Planet! We want to thank all of you who made Venomland the leading Board. We are also very thankful to our Moderators and Admins for years of hard work. Now, it is time to move on. I have been thinking how to proceed and what to do with our beloved board as we reach a size, that we need to make drastic changes to secure the future of our community. As of now, Venomland is hosted by a free (well mostly free) hosting service. That was good for the first years but now we need to find a new way to run our forum. I have spend hundreds of Dollars over the years to keep Venomland up and running, and i have done so with pleasure. Now, we need your help! We need to come up with several thousand dollars for our Venomland 2.0 project, which i frankly cant pay for any longer by myself. So Venomland is asking his Friends and Members for the first time for their financial Support. Please help to keep Venomland alive, and let us move on to a new, better Portal in the Future! Every Dollar is helping us a great deal. I know, its hard times for everyone, but please spare a few Dollar for our community. If you have only 10 Dollars to spare, we are grateful, if it is more, it would be awesome. We are planning to develop a very new Venomland, with real community functions, a forum like you are already loving it and a real (online) Hot Snake Magazin. Also, there will be download areas for scientific papers, Wallpapers and more. Again folks, we can only do that if you all help. Please send me a Private Message if you want to keep Venomland alive, i will provide you with the details on how to donate Money. For now, we can accept money from creditcards via skrill (please google it, its a free service - account-details will be forwarded to you) and paypal. All the best, and for a (hopefully) nice future of our Board. Mario

B.atropos south africa

Go down 
+7
Rob Deans
Mario Lutz
Benjamin Tull
Markus Gottlieb
Peter Pastor
Brian Petrie
Andrew Hacket
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Andrew Hacket
Snakemaster
Snakemaster
Andrew Hacket

Male
Number of posts : 448
Registration date : 2008-04-27

B.atropos south africa Empty
PostSubject: B.atropos south africa   B.atropos south africa Icon_minitimeThu 25 Sep - 5:57

Please enjoy this pictures of some lovely animals from the south african mountain ranges , also included is some habitat shot of
where this animals lives in the wild.

driving towards the mountains...
B.atropos south africa IMG_0743

B.atropos south africa IMG_0748

Finding the animals under the rocks....
B.atropos south africa IMG_0856

B.atropos south africa IMG_0886

Where the rocks are...
B.atropos south africa IMG_0894

B.atropos south africa IMG_0806

one of my animals..
B.atropos south africa IMG_1490

Hope for you to enjoy !
Thanks
Andrew
Back to top Go down
Brian Petrie
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer

Male
Number of posts : 239
Registration date : 2008-09-23

PostSubject: Re: B.atropos south africa   B.atropos south africa Icon_minitimeThu 25 Sep - 6:19

Hi Andrew,
A great set of pictures, it must be good to wake up in the morning and think " I will go up to the mountains today and find some Bitis atropos". Well done.
All the best,
Brian.
Back to top Go down
Peter Pastor
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer
Peter Pastor

Number of posts : 204
Registration date : 2008-03-08

PostSubject: Re: B.atropos south africa   B.atropos south africa Icon_minitimeThu 25 Sep - 6:27

Hi Andrew,

thanks for posting pictures like this! I love this species a lot, so it`s good to see their natural habitat at least on pictures.... Hope I will have once a chance to see them on my own eyes ...

All the best,
Peter P.
Back to top Go down
Markus Gottlieb
Snakemaster
Snakemaster
Markus Gottlieb

Male
Number of posts : 262
Registration date : 2008-08-11

PostSubject: Re: B.atropos south africa   B.atropos south africa Icon_minitimeThu 25 Sep - 7:42

Hi Andrew,

Wuhuu, stunning animals, I wish I could be in Afrika too Very Happy

Greetings,
Markus
Back to top Go down
Benjamin Tull
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer

Male
Number of posts : 142
Registration date : 2008-08-27

PostSubject: Re: B.atropos south africa   B.atropos south africa Icon_minitimeThu 25 Sep - 10:43

Hi Andrew,
nice pictures!
Cheers
Benjamin
Back to top Go down
Mario Lutz
Lord of the Serpents
Lord of the Serpents
Mario Lutz

Male
Number of posts : 1416
Registration date : 2008-03-06

PostSubject: Re: B.atropos south africa   B.atropos south africa Icon_minitimeThu 25 Sep - 16:31

very nice
Back to top Go down
http://www.venomland.org
Rob Deans
Snakemaster
Snakemaster
Rob Deans

Male
Number of posts : 322
Registration date : 2008-04-24

PostSubject: Re: B.atropos south africa   B.atropos south africa Icon_minitimeFri 26 Sep - 23:33

Male
B.atropos south africa Male_a10

Female
B.atropos south africa Female10

Female again, sorry about the flash.
B.atropos south africa Female11

Please excuse the poor pics, where i stay there is no natural substrate unless i walk out the property. One day i will take better ones.

These are Bitis atropos from Mpumalanga province. This locality was previously known as B. a. unicolor and are known to grown to a smaller size than the other localities. These are my absolute favourite snakes, they never miss a meal. The female refused in the beginning but with teasing she did eat, and from that day she has never refused a mouse.

2 colour phases occur here, there is a "red" phase such as mine, but there is also a grey patterned phase such as Andrews first pic. Both are very nice.
Back to top Go down
Andrew Hacket
Snakemaster
Snakemaster
Andrew Hacket

Male

PostSubject: Re: B.atropos south africa   B.atropos south africa Icon_minitimeTue 20 Jan - 0:59

I forgot to post here ...... ROB wow!! that female is one of the best I have ever seen from this area !! amazing.
Back to top Go down
Rob Deans
Snakemaster
Snakemaster
Rob Deans

Male

PostSubject: Re: B.atropos south africa   B.atropos south africa Icon_minitimeThu 2 Apr - 17:32

Here is a big female atropos "unicolor" of mine. Please forgive the poor focus but you can get an idea.
The substrate is fake grass, very unnatural but still works well and it pleasing to look at it. They do seem to enjoy it.

B.atropos south africa Atropo10
Back to top Go down
Nicolas Cartier
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper

Male
Number of posts : 40
Registration date : 2009-01-08

PostSubject: Re: B.atropos south africa   B.atropos south africa Icon_minitimeThu 2 Apr - 18:59

They are all really beautiful it is bitis!!!!!!!!!

Magnificent specimen!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Marthinus C. Harmse
Snakemaster
Snakemaster
Marthinus C. Harmse

Male
Number of posts : 254
Registration date : 2009-04-18

PostSubject: Re: B.atropos south africa   B.atropos south africa Icon_minitimeMon 20 Apr - 6:46

Nice atropos guys. I also enjoy keeping these a lot. Wish I could get some Natal or Western Cape province specimens. Sad fact is that even in South-Africa its hard to get hold of these.
Back to top Go down
Rob Deans
Snakemaster
Snakemaster
Rob Deans

Male

PostSubject: Re: B.atropos south africa   B.atropos south africa Icon_minitimeMon 20 Apr - 22:34

I heard you were getting "unicolor", by that post I presume you did?
How are they doing? Size etc?
Back to top Go down
Marthinus C. Harmse
Snakemaster
Snakemaster
Marthinus C. Harmse

Male

PostSubject: Re: B.atropos south africa   B.atropos south africa Icon_minitimeTue 21 Apr - 2:35

Hi Rob. Good to hear familiar voices. Yes I did. My first was a young unicolour from you know who. It died within a week after getn it. I was heart broken. Fortunately I managed to get a male which is doing really well, so hoping for a female soon.
Back to top Go down
Rob Deans
Snakemaster
Snakemaster
Rob Deans

Male

PostSubject: Re: B.atropos south africa   B.atropos south africa Icon_minitimeTue 21 Apr - 15:13

Yep I do know who. Dont worry I know the feeling, he still owes me another one too but I dont see that happening.
Dont stress, a female will pop up. Mine were mating last week so who knows? I may get lucky.
Back to top Go down
Marthinus C. Harmse
Snakemaster
Snakemaster
Marthinus C. Harmse

Male

PostSubject: Re: B.atropos south africa   B.atropos south africa Icon_minitimeTue 21 Apr - 18:46

Thats just great Rob. Im holding thumbs for your female then.
Back to top Go down
Andrew Hacket
Snakemaster
Snakemaster
Andrew Hacket

Male

PostSubject: Re: B.atropos south africa   B.atropos south africa Icon_minitimeTue 2 Jun - 6:55

more color variety from identical locations.
B.atropos south africa IMG_5146
B.atropos south africa IMG_2008
Back to top Go down
Patrice Lavigne
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper

Male
Number of posts : 48
Registration date : 2008-12-17

PostSubject: Re: B.atropos south africa   B.atropos south africa Icon_minitimeTue 2 Jun - 13:17

A very interresting post Andrew, it's great to see some pictures of habitats too. It's pretty cool to see some snakes from the other side of the planet, their variation and their habitats.
Back to top Go down
Andrew Hacket
Snakemaster
Snakemaster
Andrew Hacket

Male

PostSubject: Re: B.atropos south africa   B.atropos south africa Icon_minitimeTue 13 Oct - 7:17

post removed

Last edited by Andrew Hacket on Tue 13 Oct - 18:26; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Stefan Anthonijsz
Serpent Chief
Serpent Chief
Stefan Anthonijsz

Male
Number of posts : 556
Registration date : 2009-09-29

PostSubject: Re: B.atropos south africa   B.atropos south africa Icon_minitimeTue 13 Oct - 7:50

I like them!
Back to top Go down
Rob Deans
Snakemaster
Snakemaster
Rob Deans

Male

PostSubject: Re: B.atropos south africa   B.atropos south africa Icon_minitimeTue 13 Oct - 14:55

post removed

Last edited by Rob Deans on Tue 13 Oct - 18:33; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Andrew Hacket
Snakemaster
Snakemaster
Andrew Hacket

Male

PostSubject: Re: B.atropos south africa   B.atropos south africa Icon_minitimeTue 13 Oct - 15:40

post removed
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: B.atropos south africa   B.atropos south africa Icon_minitimeMon 26 Oct - 11:33

Wonderful pictures! Great animals!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: B.atropos south africa   B.atropos south africa Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

B.atropos south africa
Page 1 of 1