VenomLand
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please beware, to register at venomland you are requested to use your full name (first and family name) - nicknames are not allowed and will be not activated! thx

Dear Venomland Members and Friends, Venomland is a little more than 6 years old now and by far the biggest Hot Snake community on the Planet! We want to thank all of you who made Venomland the leading Board. We are also very thankful to our Moderators and Admins for years of hard work. Now, it is time to move on. I have been thinking how to proceed and what to do with our beloved board as we reach a size, that we need to make drastic changes to secure the future of our community. As of now, Venomland is hosted by a free (well mostly free) hosting service. That was good for the first years but now we need to find a new way to run our forum. I have spend hundreds of Dollars over the years to keep Venomland up and running, and i have done so with pleasure. Now, we need your help! We need to come up with several thousand dollars for our Venomland 2.0 project, which i frankly cant pay for any longer by myself. So Venomland is asking his Friends and Members for the first time for their financial Support. Please help to keep Venomland alive, and let us move on to a new, better Portal in the Future! Every Dollar is helping us a great deal. I know, its hard times for everyone, but please spare a few Dollar for our community. If you have only 10 Dollars to spare, we are grateful, if it is more, it would be awesome. We are planning to develop a very new Venomland, with real community functions, a forum like you are already loving it and a real (online) Hot Snake Magazin. Also, there will be download areas for scientific papers, Wallpapers and more. Again folks, we can only do that if you all help. Please send me a Private Message if you want to keep Venomland alive, i will provide you with the details on how to donate Money. For now, we can accept money from creditcards via skrill (please google it, its a free service - account-details will be forwarded to you) and paypal. All the best, and for a (hopefully) nice future of our Board. Mario

Morelia amethistina

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Johannes Marchand
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer
Johannes Marchand

Male
Number of posts : 183
Registration date : 2011-02-14

Morelia amethistina Empty
PostSubject: Morelia amethistina   Morelia amethistina Icon_minitimeSun 24 Feb - 4:41

Here is my 5/6 years old female from Merauke :

Morelia amethistina 976437IMG0330rduit

Morelia amethistina 674299IMG0333rduit

Morelia amethistina 412828IMG0335rduit

Morelia amethistina 564743IMG0340rduit

Morelia amethistina 869960IMG0376rduit

Morelia amethistina 118486IMG0378rduit

Morelia amethistina 859688IMG0384rduit

Morelia amethistina 125511IMG0385rduit

Morelia amethistina 602749IMG0389rduit

Morelia amethistina 795678IMG0391rduit
Back to top Go down
Steven van de Bree
Steven van de Bree

Male
Number of posts : 30
Registration date : 2011-08-18

PostSubject: Re: Morelia amethistina   Morelia amethistina Icon_minitimeSun 24 Feb - 4:45

Lovely looking specimen!
Back to top Go down
Peter van Issem
Serpent Chief
Serpent Chief
Peter van Issem

Male
Number of posts : 707
Registration date : 2009-03-08

PostSubject: Re: Morelia amethistina   Morelia amethistina Icon_minitimeSun 24 Feb - 5:20

A very very nice looking species and specimen!
The grow up very large, so how large is yours after 5/6 years?
If I have the space and would add a Python to my collection, this can be one.
Back to top Go down
Johannes Marchand
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer
Johannes Marchand

Male

PostSubject: Re: Morelia amethistina   Morelia amethistina Icon_minitimeSun 24 Feb - 5:27

Thanks to both of you. That female is approximately 3 meters long, maybe a little bit more and she's still growing and shedding regularly. So far, my (little) experience with this species and different meeting with amethistina breeders make me think the growth is quite slow and that they reach their definitive lenght around 7/8 years old. That one will probably reach 350 / 380 cm. Despite the lenght, this is a very slender animal.
Back to top Go down
Peter van Issem
Serpent Chief
Serpent Chief
Peter van Issem

Male

PostSubject: Re: Morelia amethistina   Morelia amethistina Icon_minitimeSun 24 Feb - 6:06

Thanks fir that qick update, only 3-4 meters. Thats a size that will be good
to work with. When I here something about sizes of this
species, I've here from specimens of 5-6 Meters, maby only tales...
They told that this species can each lenghts close to
reticulatus. But will this depend to localities were they
come from. But still a very nice species, and when I'm right - not often bred?!
Back to top Go down
Johannes Marchand
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer
Johannes Marchand

Male

PostSubject: Re: Morelia amethistina   Morelia amethistina Icon_minitimeSun 24 Feb - 18:15

Peter, not as often reproduced as Morelia viridis or Crotalus atrox you're right, but not that rare, there has been some reproductions in Europe and there will be some others.

5/6 meters ? Hahahaha, peoples.... No. Size is 3.5/4 meters. Maybe you've read or heard things about Australian scrub python which is in fact Morelia kinghorni and can reach 5 meters yes. Sometimes a little bit more.

Despite the fact I probably don't have enough experience with venomous snake, I think Morelia amethistina is one of the most difficult snake to handle, due to its large size, slender body (Where a 3 meters Python molurus will weight 35 kg, a 4 meters Morelia amethistina will weight between 8 and 12 kg only), agility, impresive intelligence, attack distance, looooong teeth and an exacerbated agressivity.
But one really fascinating and robust snake. Some locality are truly amazing.
Back to top Go down
Peter van Issem
Serpent Chief
Serpent Chief
Peter van Issem

Male

PostSubject: Re: Morelia amethistina   Morelia amethistina Icon_minitimeSun 24 Feb - 18:32

You are right Johannes , this people talk about australian ,, Amethyst's''
its long time gone, and I'm not very familar with taxonomicl changes in
thus group. A lot has changed over the last decade. Thankts to update me!
Back to top Go down
Johannes Marchand
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer
Johannes Marchand

Male

PostSubject: Re: Morelia amethistina   Morelia amethistina Icon_minitimeSun 24 Feb - 18:35

You're welcome ! Any questions just ask.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Morelia amethistina   Morelia amethistina Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Morelia amethistina
Page 1 of 1