VenomLand
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please beware, to register at venomland you are requested to use your full name (first and family name) - nicknames are not allowed and will be not activated! thx

Dear Venomland Members and Friends, Venomland is a little more than 6 years old now and by far the biggest Hot Snake community on the Planet! We want to thank all of you who made Venomland the leading Board. We are also very thankful to our Moderators and Admins for years of hard work. Now, it is time to move on. I have been thinking how to proceed and what to do with our beloved board as we reach a size, that we need to make drastic changes to secure the future of our community. As of now, Venomland is hosted by a free (well mostly free) hosting service. That was good for the first years but now we need to find a new way to run our forum. I have spend hundreds of Dollars over the years to keep Venomland up and running, and i have done so with pleasure. Now, we need your help! We need to come up with several thousand dollars for our Venomland 2.0 project, which i frankly cant pay for any longer by myself. So Venomland is asking his Friends and Members for the first time for their financial Support. Please help to keep Venomland alive, and let us move on to a new, better Portal in the Future! Every Dollar is helping us a great deal. I know, its hard times for everyone, but please spare a few Dollar for our community. If you have only 10 Dollars to spare, we are grateful, if it is more, it would be awesome. We are planning to develop a very new Venomland, with real community functions, a forum like you are already loving it and a real (online) Hot Snake Magazin. Also, there will be download areas for scientific papers, Wallpapers and more. Again folks, we can only do that if you all help. Please send me a Private Message if you want to keep Venomland alive, i will provide you with the details on how to donate Money. For now, we can accept money from creditcards via skrill (please google it, its a free service - account-details will be forwarded to you) and paypal. All the best, and for a (hopefully) nice future of our Board. Mario

A few odds and ends!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Nate Cerniglia
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper
Nate Cerniglia

Male
Number of posts : 45
Registration date : 2013-10-21

A few odds and ends! Empty
PostSubject: A few odds and ends!   A few odds and ends! Icon_minitimeWed 23 Apr - 18:32

Hello everybody, These are just a few odds and ends out of my collection that i thought i would share with you.  

These first few pictures are of my pair of crotalus ruber
A few odds and ends! 13999887483_774b43c0e1

A few odds and ends! 13986546903_7e244697b6

A few odds and ends! 13986602343_855d00df51

male Crotalus horridus [canebrake]
A few odds and ends! 13980324644_181dfd68d9

A few odds and ends! 13956877636_16b5d32af6

crotalus oreganus lutosus
A few odds and ends! 13976697231_7a037a9798

A crotalus oreganus abyssus that dose not have a rattle. It has a rounded segment on the end of its tail that comes off every time it sheds.
A few odds and ends! 13979957825_7a542a2ce4

A few odds and ends! 10570347654_9096791d5a

A couple crotalus cerberus
A few odds and ends! 13999924763_423904f711

A few odds and ends! 13979911565_456e5c75a1

A few odds and ends! 13976726661_cd2bae1dc0

agkistrodon contortrix pair
A few odds and ends! 13956862256_3169fe8e50

A few odds and ends! 13966543505_031f5728c1

vipera ammodytes
A few odds and ends! 13976700861_57b4bc1e44

Python sebae [African rock python] write after it shed...and its puppy dog tame
A few odds and ends! 13976697752_eb79cd70ff

Python sebae one piece complete shed.
A few odds and ends! 13956794826_1375b6a5e5

pet patagonian cavy
A few odds and ends! 13980915284_8af404d4a5

A few odds and ends! 13999928723_c7d60d0fd5
Back to top Go down
Rafał Broński
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer
Rafał Broński

Male
Number of posts : 184
Registration date : 2011-12-11

PostSubject: Re: A few odds and ends!   A few odds and ends! Icon_minitimeThu 24 Apr - 5:25

Crotalus horridus amazing. Congratulations to the collection.
Back to top Go down
Nate Cerniglia
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper
Nate Cerniglia

Male

PostSubject: Re: A few odds and ends!   A few odds and ends! Icon_minitimeThu 24 Apr - 8:19

Thank you Rafał.

I see Crotalus horridus as a very underrated croalus. There are many different variations in there color from almost solid black to silver. Not very many rattlesnakes have such extreme contrast with that bright silver body with those dark black chevron pasterns,along with that bold copper stripe all the way down the back. The near solid black locals with the gold highlights are just beautiful to.

Best regards
Nate cerniglia
Back to top Go down
Rafał Broński
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer
Rafał Broński

Male

PostSubject: Re: A few odds and ends!   A few odds and ends! Icon_minitimeThu 24 Apr - 17:35

Hi Nate,
I agree with you when it comes to Crotalus horridus are very common in private farms when it comes to rattlesnakes. I have never had in his collection horridus, but I've seen them in the Czech Republic, Ostrava. They are really beautiful. Especially if one sees them live. And your individual, amazing, certainly pleases the eye in the collection. A write to me what has character, are aggressive?
Regards.
Back to top Go down
Nate Cerniglia
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper
Nate Cerniglia

Male

PostSubject: A few odds and ends!   A few odds and ends! Icon_minitimeFri 25 Apr - 15:52

To answer your question Rafał, In my personal experience with Crotalus horridus, i don't really see them as an aggressive snake but more as a species with a very strong feeding response. The young ones certainly can be a bit nippy tho...That is just my personal opinion of them, i'm sure there are people out there who have had many different experiences with Crotalus horridus.  

best regards
    nate cerniglia
Back to top Go down
Rafał Broński
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer
Rafał Broński

Male

PostSubject: Re: A few odds and ends!   A few odds and ends! Icon_minitimeSat 26 Apr - 21:53

I understand. I asked because I had no contact with this species and wonder about it, to reappear in my collection. But I see that you are a young farmer. You always had only rattlesnakes?

Regards.
Back to top Go down
Nate Cerniglia
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper
Nate Cerniglia

Male

PostSubject: Re: A few odds and ends!   A few odds and ends! Icon_minitimeSun 27 Apr - 9:59

Rafał ,
Crotalus horridus is a great species and i definitely recommend them to any one who has the opportunity to acquire one.......Yes i mostly only keep rattlesnakes with a hand full of exceptions.
i have another post in Crotalus & Sistrurus with pictures of most of my other rattlesnakes and its under 'my crotalus collection'
best regards
nate cerniglia
Back to top Go down
Rafał Broński
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer
Rafał Broński

Male

PostSubject: Re: A few odds and ends!   A few odds and ends! Icon_minitimeSun 27 Apr - 17:51

Hi Nate,
I noticed your gallery, you have these beautiful snakes and most of it rattlesnakes. Not counting horridus, I think also of C. Cerberus. But it is in the future. At the moment I am looking for A. Hispida and Zhaoermia Progress. I wish you success in breeding friend.
Regards
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A few odds and ends!   A few odds and ends! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A few odds and ends!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
VenomLand :: VenomLand Forum :: Photography-
Jump to: