VenomLand
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please beware, to register at venomland you are requested to use your full name (first and family name) - nicknames are not allowed and will be not activated! thx

Dear Venomland Members and Friends, Venomland is a little more than 6 years old now and by far the biggest Hot Snake community on the Planet! We want to thank all of you who made Venomland the leading Board. We are also very thankful to our Moderators and Admins for years of hard work. Now, it is time to move on. I have been thinking how to proceed and what to do with our beloved board as we reach a size, that we need to make drastic changes to secure the future of our community. As of now, Venomland is hosted by a free (well mostly free) hosting service. That was good for the first years but now we need to find a new way to run our forum. I have spend hundreds of Dollars over the years to keep Venomland up and running, and i have done so with pleasure. Now, we need your help! We need to come up with several thousand dollars for our Venomland 2.0 project, which i frankly cant pay for any longer by myself. So Venomland is asking his Friends and Members for the first time for their financial Support. Please help to keep Venomland alive, and let us move on to a new, better Portal in the Future! Every Dollar is helping us a great deal. I know, its hard times for everyone, but please spare a few Dollar for our community. If you have only 10 Dollars to spare, we are grateful, if it is more, it would be awesome. We are planning to develop a very new Venomland, with real community functions, a forum like you are already loving it and a real (online) Hot Snake Magazin. Also, there will be download areas for scientific papers, Wallpapers and more. Again folks, we can only do that if you all help. Please send me a Private Message if you want to keep Venomland alive, i will provide you with the details on how to donate Money. For now, we can accept money from creditcards via skrill (please google it, its a free service - account-details will be forwarded to you) and paypal. All the best, and for a (hopefully) nice future of our Board. Mario

Another squam litter

Go down 
+5
Sami Heikkinen
Rob Deans
Christian Moisander
Andrew Hacket
Derek Morgan
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Derek Morgan
Snakemaster
Snakemaster
Derek Morgan

Male
Number of posts : 410
Registration date : 2008-05-13

Another squam litter Empty
PostSubject: Another squam litter   Another squam litter Icon_minitimeWed 28 Jan - 3:44

While they are no where near as nice as Tomas's babies, I was very happy to see these guys yesterday:

Another squam litter IMG_2030_copy

Here's mom:

Another squam litter IMG_9737

And dad:

Another squam litter Pic-1
Back to top Go down
http://www.arborealvipers.com
Andrew Hacket
Snakemaster
Snakemaster
Andrew Hacket

Male
Number of posts : 448
Registration date : 2008-04-27

PostSubject: Re: Another squam litter   Another squam litter Icon_minitimeWed 28 Jan - 5:00

AWESOME !!! AWESOME !! well done Derek , nice colored babies , mom is a special animal...

I presume you'll post pictures of the individual babies when you get a chance *hint hint* Smile
Back to top Go down
Christian Moisander
Snakemaster
Snakemaster
Christian Moisander

Male
Number of posts : 404

PostSubject: Re: Another squam litter   Another squam litter Icon_minitimeWed 28 Jan - 15:44

Outstanding bro, congrats! Very Happy
Now to wait and see what they'll turn into...
Yes, individual pics, please. I'd like to see the yellow one coiled on the paper, the one on the left, up close Smile
Back to top Go down
Rob Deans
Snakemaster
Snakemaster
Rob Deans

Male
Number of posts : 322
Registration date : 2008-04-24

PostSubject: Re: Another squam litter   Another squam litter Icon_minitimeWed 28 Jan - 17:49

Wow mom really is gorgeous! Congrats
Back to top Go down
Derek Morgan
Snakemaster
Snakemaster
Derek Morgan

Male

PostSubject: Re: Another squam litter   Another squam litter Icon_minitimeThu 29 Jan - 11:37

Thanks guys! Yes, I do have indiviual pics now, but need the time to get them sized down properly before I can share them. I spent last night getting them set up and then I fed them tonight after work. It was her first litter, so the babies are small and a bit unsure of themselves yet. That will change, I am sure. Mom is one of the most gentle squams I have ever seen, but dad is a freaking loose canon!

Good eye, Christian. That one is my favorite, as well. It has really nice yellow/orange base color with sharp red bands already. I've never seen a baby with such sharp banding so early. I hope the photos captured it well. I owe you an email, too, my friend. Lots to discuss.
Back to top Go down
Derek Morgan
Snakemaster
Snakemaster
Derek Morgan

Male

PostSubject: Re: Another squam litter   Another squam litter Icon_minitimeSun 1 Feb - 1:19

I took some individual pics right after these guys were born. They're not the best pics and the babies still have birth skin on them, but the photos will have to do for now. I'll get some better ones when they get a little size on them.

Another squam litter IMG_2031copy

Another squam litter IMG_2038copy

Another squam litter IMG_2046copy

Another squam litter IMG_2050copy

Another squam litter IMG_2057copy

Another squam litter IMG_2066copy

Another squam litter IMG_2068copy
Back to top Go down
Sami Heikkinen
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer
Sami Heikkinen

Male
Number of posts : 173
Registration date : 2008-11-04

PostSubject: Re: Another squam litter   Another squam litter Icon_minitimeSun 1 Feb - 3:19

Nice little babies!
I'll bet some of them might be really good looking when they grow up.
Back to top Go down
http://nothingtosayphoto.blogspot.com/
Vangelis Rokkos
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper
Vangelis Rokkos

Male
Number of posts : 59
Registration date : 2008-03-16

PostSubject: Re: Another squam litter   Another squam litter Icon_minitimeSun 1 Feb - 5:00

I do not believe that exist less beautiful or more ugly Squamiger, all they is the himself beautiful from all their sides
Back to top Go down
Derek Morgan
Snakemaster
Snakemaster
Derek Morgan

Male

PostSubject: Re: Another squam litter   Another squam litter Icon_minitimeMon 2 Feb - 21:06

Thanks Sami. I hope some of them stay red and yellow like their dad.

Awesome that you feel that way, Vangelis! I found someone to send all of my green babies to! Laughing Just kidding. I do like them all, but the brighter colors are more alluring to me. I do have some that have more personality than others and I like them for who they are instead of what they look like, however.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Another squam litter   Another squam litter Icon_minitimeWed 4 Feb - 4:13

congrats Cool goodluck raising them
Back to top Go down
Andrew Hacket
Snakemaster
Snakemaster
Andrew Hacket

Male
Number of posts : 448

PostSubject: Re: Another squam litter   Another squam litter Icon_minitimeWed 4 Feb - 5:41

Superb ! Thanks Derek , Particularly enjoy the darker two with the bright yellow tails , do you find they keep the tail coloring through to adulthood or is that some kind of lure effect ?
Back to top Go down
Curtis Stewart
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper
Curtis Stewart

Male
Number of posts : 43
Registration date : 2008-11-03

PostSubject: Re: Another squam litter   Another squam litter Icon_minitimeThu 5 Feb - 21:30

Awsome Derek. I think number 1 and number 5 are my favorites. I can't wait to see them change.
Back to top Go down
Derek Morgan
Snakemaster
Snakemaster
Derek Morgan

Male

PostSubject: Re: Another squam litter   Another squam litter Icon_minitimeFri 6 Feb - 3:20

Thanks again guys. The tail tips typically stay that color, Andrew. Some may lose them, or they may become simply less dramatic, but most will stay. Out of seven babies, three have white tail tips and four have dark tail tips. They do use them to caudal lure as babies, but I have never seen anything larger than a juvenile do it. Some adults wriggle them when they are agitated, so perhaps it may also be a distraction device?

Adult male, yellow tail tip:
Another squam litter Blacktip

Yearling, dark tail tip:
Another squam litter IMG_1479edit

Mom, yellow tail tip:
Another squam litter IMG_9737

Adult female, yellow tail tip:
Another squam litter IMG_9967

Two adults, no distinct tail tip color:
Another squam litter DSCN9997

Adult male, no tail tip color:
Another squam litter Img006

Just a few examples.
Back to top Go down
Vangelis Rokkos
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper
Vangelis Rokkos

Male
Number of posts : 59
Registration date : 2008-03-16

PostSubject: Re: Another squam litter   Another squam litter Icon_minitimeFri 6 Feb - 3:35

Derek Morgan wrote:
Thanks Sami. I hope some of them stay red and yellow like their dad.

Awesome that you feel that way, Vangelis! I found someone to send all of my green babies to! Laughing Just kidding. I do like them all, but the brighter colors are more alluring to me. I do have some that have more personality than others and I like them for who they are instead of what they look like, however.

all they is acceptable here, from greens up to and these ''ugly'' blacks lol!
Back to top Go down
Christian Moisander
Snakemaster
Snakemaster
Christian Moisander

Male

PostSubject: Re: Another squam litter   Another squam litter Icon_minitimeFri 6 Feb - 19:00

Thanks Derek Smile It was great to see more pictures of your squams.
(Btw, I am in the process of writing to you, piece by piece it's getting done...)

Very cool litter, all in all. Every single baby has something to it.
I think my favorites would be no. 1 and no. 4. Possibly no 3. as well.
The dark babies are very cool, both of them. Personally, I think I'd hold back the first dark baby, seems to have a killer, even banding.

Please keep us updated along the way as these grow. I can't wait to see how they develope...

Goddamn this distance... Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Another squam litter   Another squam litter Icon_minitimeTue 17 Feb - 8:32

Hey Derek those pics of your neos. are amazing, can't wait to see them all grown up!
Back to top Go down
Derek Morgan
Snakemaster
Snakemaster
Derek Morgan

Male

PostSubject: Re: Another squam litter   Another squam litter Icon_minitimeTue 22 Sep - 8:09

I'm not sure why I never posted these here, but here are some updated pics. It's kind of slow here, so I figured I'd post these until I take some more current photos. They're taking fuzzies now, so they're currently growing like weeds.

Another squam litter IMG_3926_849c9

Another squam litter IMG_3930_8794c

Another squam litter IMG_3934_396ba

Another squam litter IMG_3947_aa7bb
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Another squam litter   Another squam litter Icon_minitimeTue 22 Sep - 13:56

Amazing!!! Those green eyes are screamin! Great job as usual Derek.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Another squam litter   Another squam litter Icon_minitimeTue 22 Sep - 13:59

When's the black brood due?
Back to top Go down
Sami Heikkinen
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer
Sami Heikkinen

Male
Number of posts : 173
Registration date : 2008-11-04

PostSubject: Re: Another squam litter   Another squam litter Icon_minitimeTue 22 Sep - 14:51

They sure endup looking nice, especially the high red one!
Did you keep some "green" ones as well?

Sami
Back to top Go down
http://nothingtosayphoto.blogspot.com/
Christian Moisander
Snakemaster
Snakemaster
Christian Moisander

Male

PostSubject: Re: Another squam litter   Another squam litter Icon_minitimeTue 22 Sep - 23:30

Unbelievable! They have developed quite nicely... Smile
Like Timothy said, those green eyes look fantastic on them.
What are they, 2.1?
Back to top Go down
Derek Morgan
Snakemaster
Snakemaster
Derek Morgan

Male

PostSubject: Re: Another squam litter   Another squam litter Icon_minitimeWed 23 Sep - 1:10

Thanks guys! I have kept all of them so far, Sami, so I'll post photos of the green ones next time. They are 1.1 and are greenish-blue and looking good. I ended up with 2.5 from this litter and the ones pictured are 1.2, with the bright red one being the male. He is very bright and is one of the best babies I have ever produced. Since I need females so badly, this ratio worked out well for me. I'm not certain the blackish female is gravid, TJ, but I hope so! If she is gravid, she should drop some time in October.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Another squam litter   Another squam litter Icon_minitimeWed 23 Sep - 8:07

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you. I am hoping for 4 to 5 females of various species to drop between now and the second week in December. Then well all have an extra special holiday season this year. santa
Back to top Go down
Radek Benda
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper
Radek Benda

Male
Number of posts : 40
Registration date : 2009-08-28

PostSubject: Re: Another squam litter   Another squam litter Icon_minitimeTue 29 Sep - 21:52

Hi Derek,congrats to you, its most beautiful squam babies for me... Nice :-)
Back to top Go down
Derek Morgan
Snakemaster
Snakemaster
Derek Morgan

Male

PostSubject: Re: Another squam litter   Another squam litter Icon_minitimeFri 2 Oct - 9:54

Thanks TJ, good luck to you, as well. Thank you Radek!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Another squam litter   Another squam litter Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Another squam litter
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next