VenomLand
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please beware, to register at venomland you are requested to use your full name (first and family name) - nicknames are not allowed and will be not activated! thx

Dear Venomland Members and Friends, Venomland is a little more than 6 years old now and by far the biggest Hot Snake community on the Planet! We want to thank all of you who made Venomland the leading Board. We are also very thankful to our Moderators and Admins for years of hard work. Now, it is time to move on. I have been thinking how to proceed and what to do with our beloved board as we reach a size, that we need to make drastic changes to secure the future of our community. As of now, Venomland is hosted by a free (well mostly free) hosting service. That was good for the first years but now we need to find a new way to run our forum. I have spend hundreds of Dollars over the years to keep Venomland up and running, and i have done so with pleasure. Now, we need your help! We need to come up with several thousand dollars for our Venomland 2.0 project, which i frankly cant pay for any longer by myself. So Venomland is asking his Friends and Members for the first time for their financial Support. Please help to keep Venomland alive, and let us move on to a new, better Portal in the Future! Every Dollar is helping us a great deal. I know, its hard times for everyone, but please spare a few Dollar for our community. If you have only 10 Dollars to spare, we are grateful, if it is more, it would be awesome. We are planning to develop a very new Venomland, with real community functions, a forum like you are already loving it and a real (online) Hot Snake Magazin. Also, there will be download areas for scientific papers, Wallpapers and more. Again folks, we can only do that if you all help. Please send me a Private Message if you want to keep Venomland alive, i will provide you with the details on how to donate Money. For now, we can accept money from creditcards via skrill (please google it, its a free service - account-details will be forwarded to you) and paypal. All the best, and for a (hopefully) nice future of our Board. Mario

Squams in the Photo Tent

Go down 
+4
Hendrik Cornehl
Mario Lutz
Andrew Hacket
Jim Campbell
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Jim Campbell
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper
Jim Campbell

Male
Number of posts : 51
Registration date : 2008-05-15

Squams in the Photo Tent Empty
PostSubject: Squams in the Photo Tent   Squams in the Photo Tent Icon_minitimeWed 25 Feb - 3:33

Darlene (my wife) and I have been taking photos of some of our squams for a contest, using a photo tent instead of the direct flash. Since you obviously LOVE squams, I thought I'd share my results. The first two are siblings, born here 11/16/2007 and the next four are siblings, born here 11/26/2007.

Squams in the Photo Tent 3307363832_16cc9dfe93_o

Squams in the Photo Tent 3304080536_aebdab15b4_o

Squams in the Photo Tent 3304074152_41f7775572_o

Squams in the Photo Tent 3304071162_a998e3e522_o

Squams in the Photo Tent 3303239201_4bc6603f34_o

Squams in the Photo Tent 3304064962_f4508ef09e_o

Enjoy!

Jim
Back to top Go down
http://www.lavibora.com
Andrew Hacket
Snakemaster
Snakemaster
Andrew Hacket

Male
Number of posts : 448
Registration date : 2008-04-27

PostSubject: Re: Squams in the Photo Tent   Squams in the Photo Tent Icon_minitimeWed 25 Feb - 4:33

Hows the eyes on the second green squam ! Superb shots... checked your blog out , nice cerataphora on the christmas decorations Smile
Back to top Go down
Mario Lutz
Lord of the Serpents
Lord of the Serpents
Mario Lutz

Male
Number of posts : 1416
Registration date : 2008-03-06

PostSubject: Re: Squams in the Photo Tent   Squams in the Photo Tent Icon_minitimeWed 25 Feb - 9:10

Hi Jim,

nice to have you back!
kinda missed ya here, and by looking at your photographs, i remember why!

my favorite is the dark-green one, amazing what kind of coloration you can find in this genus...

cheers
M.
Back to top Go down
http://www.venomland.org
Jim Campbell
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper
Jim Campbell

Male

PostSubject: Re: Squams in the Photo Tent   Squams in the Photo Tent Icon_minitimeWed 25 Feb - 9:59

Andrew - Thanks for the kind words. I enjoyed your squam photos in the previous thread. You have some outstanding snakes!

His eyes are gold (I actually call him "golden eye"). He is still changing colors and was nearly solid brown when he was born.

Mario - Sorry for dropping the ball. I'll make more time to visit regularly! Thanks for the compliments!

Jim
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Squams in the Photo Tent   Squams in the Photo Tent Icon_minitimeWed 25 Feb - 11:58

Wow that fourth pic looks just like my male. Those orange are stunning thats the color female im looking for like the first pic. Hope to find one soon Very Happy anyway great pics and good luck!
Back to top Go down
Hendrik Cornehl

Male
Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2008-10-05

PostSubject: Re: Squams in the Photo Tent   Squams in the Photo Tent Icon_minitimeWed 25 Feb - 13:41

Some of the best snakes pictures seen in here! Very good job! Can you explain the camera and lightning setup?

Best regards,
Hendrik
Back to top Go down
Guenter Leitenbauer
Lord of the Serpents
Lord of the Serpents
Guenter Leitenbauer

Male
Number of posts : 1389
Registration date : 2008-05-17

PostSubject: Re: Squams in the Photo Tent   Squams in the Photo Tent Icon_minitimeWed 25 Feb - 17:19

Great work!
The #4 is my fave. If You have at least one shot with a tongue, I'd copy the tongue into it - just a hint, if You want to win the contests. Tongues are always burners at contests.
Back to top Go down
http://www.leitenbauer.net
Derek Morgan
Snakemaster
Snakemaster
Derek Morgan

Male
Number of posts : 410
Registration date : 2008-05-13

PostSubject: Re: Squams in the Photo Tent   Squams in the Photo Tent Icon_minitimeWed 25 Feb - 22:05

These are some of the finest squam photos I've seen anywhere, Jim. Do you have to keep rubbing it in?!! Just kidding. You and Darlene keep up the good work!
Back to top Go down
http://www.arborealvipers.com

PostSubject: Re: Squams in the Photo Tent   Squams in the Photo Tent Icon_minitimeThu 26 Feb - 0:23

Are these guys animals you produced yourself or are they wild caught? either way they look flawless.
Back to top Go down
Jim Campbell
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper
Jim Campbell

Male

PostSubject: Re: Squams in the Photo Tent   Squams in the Photo Tent Icon_minitimeThu 26 Feb - 3:27

Timothy - These were captive bred and born here, from captive born adults, also bred and born here. Thanks for the compliments, glad you like them.

Hendrik - Thanks so much for the kind words. I'd be happy to share with you. The photos were taken with a Sony Alpha A-700 with a Sony 50mm macro lens. I was experimenting with a "Braincolor" photo tent that I purchased on Ebay last year. It came complete with 2 different sized tents, colored backgrounds, light stands, light bulbs and a tripod. It was a dark, overcast day outside so I shot indoors. If you have any other questions, please ask!

Guenter - I've seen your fine work so a compliment from you really means a lot. Thanks!

Derek - Sorry, but I have to work extra hard to keep up with you, now that you're taking courses! Thanks again, man!
Back to top Go down
Guenter Leitenbauer
Lord of the Serpents
Lord of the Serpents
Guenter Leitenbauer

Male

PostSubject: Re: Squams in the Photo Tent   Squams in the Photo Tent Icon_minitimeThu 26 Feb - 15:18

Jim, if You do this again with the tent - would it be possible to take a "making of" shot of the setup? Very interesting for me because the light here ist absolutely fantastic!
Cheers,
Guenter
Back to top Go down
Jim Campbell
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper
Jim Campbell

Male

PostSubject: Re: Squams in the Photo Tent   Squams in the Photo Tent Icon_minitimeThu 26 Feb - 18:22

Guenter - I'd be happy to! Hopefully, I can do it soon. I'd like to get shots of all my ceratophora plus I recently purchased a nice colony of Protobothrops jerdoni xanthomelas. One of the females is striped! I know Mario would love to see her.

Thanks again!
Jim
Back to top Go down
Guenter Leitenbauer
Lord of the Serpents
Lord of the Serpents
Guenter Leitenbauer

Male

PostSubject: Re: Squams in the Photo Tent   Squams in the Photo Tent Icon_minitimeThu 26 Feb - 18:54

Thanks in advance! I look forward to it.
Cheers,
Guenter
Back to top Go down
Jakob Lehner
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper
Jakob Lehner

Male
Number of posts : 78
Registration date : 2008-07-28

PostSubject: Re: Squams in the Photo Tent   Squams in the Photo Tent Icon_minitimeThu 26 Feb - 19:11

Thank you for sharing this outstanding photos! I really love squams ;>

cheers Jakob
Back to top Go down
Jim Campbell
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper
Jim Campbell

Male

PostSubject: Re: Squams in the Photo Tent   Squams in the Photo Tent Icon_minitimeFri 27 Feb - 18:21

You're welcome Jakob! I love the mantis on your hat!

Jim
Back to top Go down
Curtis Stewart
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper
Curtis Stewart

Male
Number of posts : 43
Registration date : 2008-11-03

PostSubject: Re: Squams in the Photo Tent   Squams in the Photo Tent Icon_minitimeFri 27 Feb - 22:20

Very nice photos Jim. I really like squams and will own a few someday. I need to start asking your more for photo tips.
Back to top Go down
Hendrik Cornehl

Male
Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2008-10-05

PostSubject: Re: Squams in the Photo Tent   Squams in the Photo Tent Icon_minitimeSat 28 Feb - 2:52

Guenter Leitenbauer wrote:
Very interesting for me because the light here ist absolutely fantastic!

True words! Can't wait for pictures of the setup.
Back to top Go down
Jim Campbell
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper
Jim Campbell

Male

PostSubject: Re: Squams in the Photo Tent   Squams in the Photo Tent Icon_minitimeMon 6 Apr - 8:11

Sorry for the delay. I broke out the small photo tent today and took a few photos. Here's the basic setup.

Squams in the Photo Tent 3415505859_c22c38e691_o

Another view.

Squams in the Photo Tent 3416316934_71094c1e99_o

And finally, a quick photo of a juvenile Atheris chlorechis taken in the tent, this afternoon.

Squams in the Photo Tent 3416319684_64389edf54_o

Jim
Back to top Go down
Guenter Leitenbauer
Lord of the Serpents
Lord of the Serpents
Guenter Leitenbauer

Male

PostSubject: Re: Squams in the Photo Tent   Squams in the Photo Tent Icon_minitimeMon 6 Apr - 20:36

Thanks so much Jim for this information.
Great approach, fine results!
Back to top Go down
Derek Morgan
Snakemaster
Snakemaster
Derek Morgan

Male
Number of posts : 410
Registration date : 2008-05-13

PostSubject: Re: Squams in the Photo Tent   Squams in the Photo Tent Icon_minitimeTue 7 Apr - 4:02

Wow, that is NICE! You mean that you're not on your belly balancing your lens on snake hooks and tongs, taking photos like me? That would be sweet to have that much clean space to work with. No wonder your photos are cleaning my clock recently. Is that in the snake room or the room up front?
Back to top Go down
http://www.arborealvipers.com
Jim Campbell
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper
Jim Campbell

Male

PostSubject: Re: Squams in the Photo Tent   Squams in the Photo Tent Icon_minitimeTue 7 Apr - 4:15

Thanks again Guenter!

Derek - The table fits perfectly across the width of the kitchen so I have it all the way against the east cabinet (you put about a dozen breakfast tacos on your plate there). I still get too much light from the west bay window so I wait for heavy overcast days or shoot at night. Thanks as always man! You put me on to the idea when you mentioned the photo box you made.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Squams in the Photo Tent   Squams in the Photo Tent Icon_minitimeFri 10 Apr - 13:14

That set up produced some professional quality photos. My congrats.
P.S. - today was a good day I got a new captive A. Squamiger light blue and yellow!
<---- His pic.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Squams in the Photo Tent   Squams in the Photo Tent Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Squams in the Photo Tent
Page 1 of 1