VenomLand
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please beware, to register at venomland you are requested to use your full name (first and family name) - nicknames are not allowed and will be not activated! thx

Dear Venomland Members and Friends, Venomland is a little more than 6 years old now and by far the biggest Hot Snake community on the Planet! We want to thank all of you who made Venomland the leading Board. We are also very thankful to our Moderators and Admins for years of hard work. Now, it is time to move on. I have been thinking how to proceed and what to do with our beloved board as we reach a size, that we need to make drastic changes to secure the future of our community. As of now, Venomland is hosted by a free (well mostly free) hosting service. That was good for the first years but now we need to find a new way to run our forum. I have spend hundreds of Dollars over the years to keep Venomland up and running, and i have done so with pleasure. Now, we need your help! We need to come up with several thousand dollars for our Venomland 2.0 project, which i frankly cant pay for any longer by myself. So Venomland is asking his Friends and Members for the first time for their financial Support. Please help to keep Venomland alive, and let us move on to a new, better Portal in the Future! Every Dollar is helping us a great deal. I know, its hard times for everyone, but please spare a few Dollar for our community. If you have only 10 Dollars to spare, we are grateful, if it is more, it would be awesome. We are planning to develop a very new Venomland, with real community functions, a forum like you are already loving it and a real (online) Hot Snake Magazin. Also, there will be download areas for scientific papers, Wallpapers and more. Again folks, we can only do that if you all help. Please send me a Private Message if you want to keep Venomland alive, i will provide you with the details on how to donate Money. For now, we can accept money from creditcards via skrill (please google it, its a free service - account-details will be forwarded to you) and paypal. All the best, and for a (hopefully) nice future of our Board. Mario

Gestation and incubation periods for Oxyuranus scutellatus canni?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Matthew Webb

Male
Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2009-04-23

Gestation and incubation periods for Oxyuranus scutellatus canni? Empty
PostSubject: Gestation and incubation periods for Oxyuranus scutellatus canni?   Gestation and incubation periods for Oxyuranus scutellatus canni? Icon_minitimeFri 24 Jul - 2:17

Can anyone give me these? also temps for incubation?

Cheers Matt
Back to top Go down
Anze Gratzer
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper
Anze Gratzer

Male
Number of posts : 79
Registration date : 2009-06-11

PostSubject: Re: Gestation and incubation periods for Oxyuranus scutellatus canni?   Gestation and incubation periods for Oxyuranus scutellatus canni? Icon_minitimeFri 24 Jul - 6:24

Trutnau (2004) says that incubation temperature should be 26.7 - 27.8°C. Incubation period is (was) 60 days.

Cheers,
Anze
Back to top Go down
http://fila-brasileiro.webs.com
Matthew Webb

Male

PostSubject: Re: Gestation and incubation periods for Oxyuranus scutellatus canni?   Gestation and incubation periods for Oxyuranus scutellatus canni? Icon_minitimeFri 24 Jul - 15:48

Thnaks for that Anze, anyone know the gestation period?
Back to top Go down
Ralph Tümmers
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer
Ralph Tümmers

Male
Number of posts : 176
Registration date : 2008-04-26

PostSubject: Re: Gestation and incubation periods for Oxyuranus scutellatus canni?   Gestation and incubation periods for Oxyuranus scutellatus canni? Icon_minitimeFri 24 Jul - 19:50

Hello,
now it´s going to be interesting Wink
I´ve heard from a breeder ,who already breeds scutellatus canni ,that he incubate his eggs between 29,4 to 32,2 degress (85-90 F) ....
With good results ,perhabs .
A friend of mine who breeds different species ,since he got snakes (over 20years) meand that it would be good to slow down the temperature one or two weeks before the eggs normally hatch.
The benefit would be that the youngs that hatch be bigger and stronger ,acoord normal and with constant temperature breeded animals.
Can anyone approve this statement ?
In nature normally scutellatus leave her eggs until some days ,after laying.
So the eggs only incubate over the habitat temperature ,that is giving .
Where the animals normally lays the eggs in burrows or in a wide landscape without any weather cover ?
Regards,
Ralph
Back to top Go down
http://www.viperworld.de
Matthew Webb

Male

PostSubject: Re: Gestation and incubation periods for Oxyuranus scutellatus canni?   Gestation and incubation periods for Oxyuranus scutellatus canni? Icon_minitimeSat 25 Jul - 0:23

Hi Ralph,

Most snakes that will incubate their eggs will drop the temperature of the clutch a week or so before they hatch, with snakes that abandone the eggs this cannot happen unless the weather changes, I wouldn't think this would be a deciding factor with O.s.canni, thanks for the imput, dose your friend have a gestation period for O.s.canni

Cheers Matt
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Gestation and incubation periods for Oxyuranus scutellatus canni?   Gestation and incubation periods for Oxyuranus scutellatus canni? Icon_minitimeSat 25 Jul - 3:47

gestation is around 100 days or so.

at 90 f incubation is 60-70 days.
Back to top Go down
Peter Pastor
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer
Peter Pastor

Number of posts : 204
Registration date : 2008-03-08

PostSubject: Re: Gestation and incubation periods for Oxyuranus scutellatus canni?   Gestation and incubation periods for Oxyuranus scutellatus canni? Icon_minitimeSat 25 Jul - 4:04

Hello,

By our experience is gestation period in cannies approx. 2 months. With breeding them over 10 times I think I can say it as general. Of course, it depends on many factors...

All the best,
Peter
Back to top Go down
Matthew Webb

Male

PostSubject: Re: Gestation and incubation periods for Oxyuranus scutellatus canni?   Gestation and incubation periods for Oxyuranus scutellatus canni? Icon_minitimeSat 25 Jul - 7:47

Excellent, thank you guys,
Cheers

Matt
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gestation and incubation periods for Oxyuranus scutellatus canni?   Gestation and incubation periods for Oxyuranus scutellatus canni? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Gestation and incubation periods for Oxyuranus scutellatus canni?
Page 1 of 1