VenomLand
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please beware, to register at venomland you are requested to use your full name (first and family name) - nicknames are not allowed and will be not activated! thx

Dear Venomland Members and Friends, Venomland is a little more than 6 years old now and by far the biggest Hot Snake community on the Planet! We want to thank all of you who made Venomland the leading Board. We are also very thankful to our Moderators and Admins for years of hard work. Now, it is time to move on. I have been thinking how to proceed and what to do with our beloved board as we reach a size, that we need to make drastic changes to secure the future of our community. As of now, Venomland is hosted by a free (well mostly free) hosting service. That was good for the first years but now we need to find a new way to run our forum. I have spend hundreds of Dollars over the years to keep Venomland up and running, and i have done so with pleasure. Now, we need your help! We need to come up with several thousand dollars for our Venomland 2.0 project, which i frankly cant pay for any longer by myself. So Venomland is asking his Friends and Members for the first time for their financial Support. Please help to keep Venomland alive, and let us move on to a new, better Portal in the Future! Every Dollar is helping us a great deal. I know, its hard times for everyone, but please spare a few Dollar for our community. If you have only 10 Dollars to spare, we are grateful, if it is more, it would be awesome. We are planning to develop a very new Venomland, with real community functions, a forum like you are already loving it and a real (online) Hot Snake Magazin. Also, there will be download areas for scientific papers, Wallpapers and more. Again folks, we can only do that if you all help. Please send me a Private Message if you want to keep Venomland alive, i will provide you with the details on how to donate Money. For now, we can accept money from creditcards via skrill (please google it, its a free service - account-details will be forwarded to you) and paypal. All the best, and for a (hopefully) nice future of our Board. Mario

Hello From South Africa

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Michael Giddings
Michael Giddings

Male
Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2010-04-02

Hello From South Africa Empty
PostSubject: Hello From South Africa   Hello From South Africa Icon_minitimeFri 2 Apr - 21:18

Hello guys, good to be here.

My age says 24 because I had problems registering but have spoken to the Administrator, maybe my age could be fixed?

I am 14 years old and have an interest in some venomous species. No worries I am not getting into anything soon. I keep some non-venomous snakes and lizards and am constantly expanding. I am not planing to jump into anything. I have worked with some local venomous though.

I live in South Africa and already recognize some guys on this site. I am here to keep learning, not give advice. I hope to learn more about venomous reptiles and associate with some of keepers on here.

My main venomous interest lies in a few main genus. Aspidelaps, Atheris and Bitis mainly, I am also strating to take intrest in Bothrops. I enjoy dwarf Bitis my favouite being B.caudalis, closey follwed by schneideri, inornata, xeropaga and peringueyi. The large Bitisare great as well.B.gabonica, B.rhinoceros and B.nasicornis are loved as well. Naja atra and Naja siamensis are my favourite elapids. Dendroaspis augusticeps interest me much more than D.polylepis.

I hope to enjoy my stay here.

Cheers
Mike

Last edited by Michael Giddings on Fri 2 Apr - 21:45; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Peter Zürcher
Admin
Admin
Peter Zürcher

Male
Number of posts : 1266
Registration date : 2008-03-06

PostSubject: Re: Hello From South Africa   Hello From South Africa Icon_minitimeFri 2 Apr - 21:23

Welcome here, Michael!
Your way to start a "venomous career" that slow and not "to jump into anything" sounds good to me.
Have fun here!

[/quote]My age says 24 because I had problems registering but have spoken to the Administrator, myabe my age could be fixed? [quote]

To whom did you talk? Wether Jörg nor Mario (our founder) did activate your account - i did without looking at your age.
And the reason for having problems with registering wasn't your age, but trying it with a nick first!
But anyway, thanks for beeing honest finally - and let's wait for Mario's decision, as he has set a minimum age of 16 for some reason......

Peter

Last edited by Peter Zürcher on Fri 2 Apr - 21:46; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.reptilienzoonockalm.at
Michele Angelo Furiani
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper
Michele Angelo Furiani

Male
Number of posts : 74
Registration date : 2010-01-05

PostSubject: Re: Hello From South Africa   Hello From South Africa Icon_minitimeFri 2 Apr - 21:34

Welcome on board
Ciao
Michele
Back to top Go down
Michael Giddings
Michael Giddings

Male

PostSubject: Re: Hello From South Africa   Hello From South Africa Icon_minitimeFri 2 Apr - 21:47

I have spoken to Mario, I emailed him before he activated my account and he said it was fine and activated it.

I think I may have tried to register with a nick quite a long time ago.

Anyway I am off to Hungary now so I might be off for a few days, will try get internet though.
Back to top Go down
Stephan Niemann
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer

Male
Number of posts : 217
Registration date : 2010-02-01

PostSubject: Re: Hello From South Africa   Hello From South Africa Icon_minitimeSat 3 Apr - 0:04

welcome michael
Back to top Go down
Mario Lutz
Lord of the Serpents
Lord of the Serpents
Mario Lutz

Male
Number of posts : 1416
Registration date : 2008-03-06

PostSubject: Re: Hello From South Africa   Hello From South Africa Icon_minitimeSat 3 Apr - 0:57

Peter Zürcher wrote:
Welcome here, Michael!
Your way to start a "venomous career" that slow and not "to jump into anything" sounds good to me.
Have fun here!

My age says 24 because I had problems registering but have spoken to the Administrator, myabe my age could be fixed?
Quote :

To whom did you talk? Wether Jörg nor Mario (our founder) did activate your account - i did without looking at your age.
And the reason for having problems with registering wasn't your age, but trying it with a nick first!
But anyway, thanks for beeing honest finally - and let's wait for Mario's decision, as he has set a minimum age of 16 for some reason......

Peter

Hi Peter,

yes, mike was sending me an email regarding his age...
ill think, in this case the activation was ok. he seams to be balanced and we do not encourage anyone anyway's.

hell, i just remember what age i started........ lol

welcome Mike, have fun, and be a responsible part of our small, and wonderful community...
by the way, please change your birthday to your real one at your profile....

cheers
Mario
Back to top Go down
http://www.venomland.org
Michael Giddings
Michael Giddings

Male

PostSubject: Re: Hello From South Africa   Hello From South Africa Icon_minitimeMon 5 Apr - 4:52

Sorry, but when I change my age, it says I can not register.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hello From South Africa   Hello From South Africa Icon_minitimeMon 5 Apr - 4:56

Hi mate.

Welcome to VenomLand.

It's a good forum, with lots of things to learn. :-)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hello From South Africa   Hello From South Africa Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hello From South Africa
Page 1 of 1