VenomLand
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please beware, to register at venomland you are requested to use your full name (first and family name) - nicknames are not allowed and will be not activated! thx

Dear Venomland Members and Friends, Venomland is a little more than 6 years old now and by far the biggest Hot Snake community on the Planet! We want to thank all of you who made Venomland the leading Board. We are also very thankful to our Moderators and Admins for years of hard work. Now, it is time to move on. I have been thinking how to proceed and what to do with our beloved board as we reach a size, that we need to make drastic changes to secure the future of our community. As of now, Venomland is hosted by a free (well mostly free) hosting service. That was good for the first years but now we need to find a new way to run our forum. I have spend hundreds of Dollars over the years to keep Venomland up and running, and i have done so with pleasure. Now, we need your help! We need to come up with several thousand dollars for our Venomland 2.0 project, which i frankly cant pay for any longer by myself. So Venomland is asking his Friends and Members for the first time for their financial Support. Please help to keep Venomland alive, and let us move on to a new, better Portal in the Future! Every Dollar is helping us a great deal. I know, its hard times for everyone, but please spare a few Dollar for our community. If you have only 10 Dollars to spare, we are grateful, if it is more, it would be awesome. We are planning to develop a very new Venomland, with real community functions, a forum like you are already loving it and a real (online) Hot Snake Magazin. Also, there will be download areas for scientific papers, Wallpapers and more. Again folks, we can only do that if you all help. Please send me a Private Message if you want to keep Venomland alive, i will provide you with the details on how to donate Money. For now, we can accept money from creditcards via skrill (please google it, its a free service - account-details will be forwarded to you) and paypal. All the best, and for a (hopefully) nice future of our Board. Mario

Dajarra Queensland & Their Acanthophis ...

Go down 
+6
Marthinus C. Harmse
Bostjan Kraner
Rob Deans
Bob Herrington
Frank Weinsheimer
Andrew Hacket
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Andrew Hacket
Snakemaster
Snakemaster
Andrew Hacket

Male
Number of posts : 448
Registration date : 2008-04-27

Dajarra Queensland & Their Acanthophis ... Empty
PostSubject: Dajarra Queensland & Their Acanthophis ...   Dajarra Queensland & Their Acanthophis ... Icon_minitimeWed 7 Apr - 7:23

Here we see lovely Habitat Pictures by ''David aka Moloch'' and a few specimens from this area ,
we can see also how the coloring of the juveniles compared to the sub adults changes over a short time period of 12 months.

Dajarra Queensland & Their Acanthophis ... Fullscreen%20capture%2020100407%20122818%20AM%20copy

Dajarra Queensland & Their Acanthophis ... Habitat_boulia1
After first shed at the age of one month..
Dajarra Queensland & Their Acanthophis ... IMG_4781
Same snake 12 months later...
Dajarra Queensland & Their Acanthophis ... IMG_8329

Landscape
Dajarra Queensland & Their Acanthophis ... Habitat_dajarra5
Dajarra Queensland & Their Acanthophis ... IMG_4945
Same snake 12 months later....
Dajarra Queensland & Their Acanthophis ... IMG_8337

Not all Dajarra's are brightly colored , but still nice ...
Dajarra Queensland & Their Acanthophis ... IMG_8344

Landscape
Dajarra Queensland & Their Acanthophis ... Habitat_boulia10
At 3 months old
Dajarra Queensland & Their Acanthophis ... IMG_5468
Same snake at 13months old..
Dajarra Queensland & Their Acanthophis ... IMG_8349

One day soon I will be lucky enough to visit Dajarra ! Amazing place and animals..
Arrivederci
Andrew
Back to top Go down
Frank Weinsheimer
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer
Frank Weinsheimer

Male
Number of posts : 132
Registration date : 2008-04-20

PostSubject: Re: Dajarra Queensland & Their Acanthophis ...   Dajarra Queensland & Their Acanthophis ... Icon_minitimeWed 7 Apr - 14:13

Exactly Andrew: Amazing place and animals! Nothing to add.

Best regards

Frank
Back to top Go down
Bob Herrington
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer

Male
Number of posts : 159
Registration date : 2009-02-26

PostSubject: Re: Dajarra Queensland & Their Acanthophis ...   Dajarra Queensland & Their Acanthophis ... Icon_minitimeThu 8 Apr - 7:27

Great looking animals, Andrew. They are a good bit lighter than the ones I have seen from Darwin.

Thanks for sharing.

Bob
Back to top Go down
Rob Deans
Snakemaster
Snakemaster
Rob Deans

Male
Number of posts : 322
Registration date : 2008-04-24

PostSubject: Re: Dajarra Queensland & Their Acanthophis ...   Dajarra Queensland & Their Acanthophis ... Icon_minitimeThu 8 Apr - 15:19

Its fantastic how they brighten up with age.
Nice post of nice snakes.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dajarra Queensland & Their Acanthophis ...   Dajarra Queensland & Their Acanthophis ... Icon_minitimeSat 10 Apr - 1:26

awesome deathadders, are these type over here in europe to??

greetz
dave
Back to top Go down
Andrew Hacket
Snakemaster
Snakemaster
Andrew Hacket

Male

PostSubject: Re: Dajarra Queensland & Their Acanthophis ...   Dajarra Queensland & Their Acanthophis ... Icon_minitimeMon 12 Apr - 16:43

And information on their biogeographical relationship to A.rugosus from Indonesia..

https://www.facebook.com/l/ab434;www.venomdoc.com/downloads/2004_OzElapids_MPE.pdf

Dajarra Queensland & Their Acanthophis ... IMG_5465
Back to top Go down
Bostjan Kraner
Serpent Chief
Serpent Chief
Bostjan Kraner

Male
Number of posts : 568
Registration date : 2010-03-14

PostSubject: Re: Dajarra Queensland & Their Acanthophis ...   Dajarra Queensland & Their Acanthophis ... Icon_minitimeFri 21 May - 22:53

On my Wanted List. But looks more like Rogosus. Is this real Dajara, just asking.

Breathtaking
Back to top Go down
Andrew Hacket
Snakemaster
Snakemaster
Andrew Hacket

Male

PostSubject: Re: Dajarra Queensland & Their Acanthophis ...   Dajarra Queensland & Their Acanthophis ... Icon_minitimeThu 28 Oct - 18:25

Updated picture of male..
Dajarra Queensland & Their Acanthophis ... IMG_8943
Back to top Go down
Marthinus C. Harmse
Snakemaster
Snakemaster
Marthinus C. Harmse

Male
Number of posts : 254
Registration date : 2009-04-18

PostSubject: Re: Dajarra Queensland & Their Acanthophis ...   Dajarra Queensland & Their Acanthophis ... Icon_minitimeThu 28 Oct - 19:32

The Hack is in charge of Dajarra thats for sure :T
Back to top Go down
Richard Mastenbroek
Snakemaster
Snakemaster

Male
Number of posts : 264
Registration date : 2010-05-05

PostSubject: Re: Dajarra Queensland & Their Acanthophis ...   Dajarra Queensland & Their Acanthophis ... Icon_minitimeThu 28 Oct - 20:46

Andrew such a lovely snakes those deathadders
Back to top Go down
http://www.kingsnake.com/elapids
Wolfgang Wüster
Systematicus
Systematicus

Number of posts : 273
Registration date : 2008-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Dajarra Queensland & Their Acanthophis ...   Dajarra Queensland & Their Acanthophis ... Icon_minitimeThu 28 Oct - 22:01

Bostjan Kraner wrote:
On my Wanted List. But looks more like Rogosus. Is this real Dajara, just asking.

Breathtaking

Dajarra adders are very closely related to A. rugosus from West Papua, and may well be the same species - see this paper.
Back to top Go down
http://www.bangor.ac.uk/~bss166/

PostSubject: Re: Dajarra Queensland & Their Acanthophis ...   Dajarra Queensland & Their Acanthophis ... Icon_minitimeSun 31 Oct - 2:50

wow awesome deathadder Cool
Back to top Go down
Pascal Kamp
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer
Pascal Kamp

Male
Number of posts : 105
Registration date : 2008-04-06

PostSubject: Re: Dajarra Queensland & Their Acanthophis ...   Dajarra Queensland & Their Acanthophis ... Icon_minitimeTue 2 Nov - 1:38

I get inspired by the habitat ! Suddenly I hate my enclosures... Laughing
But great deathadders Andrew! Really beautifull... Cool
Back to top Go down
Bostjan Kraner
Serpent Chief
Serpent Chief
Bostjan Kraner

Male
Number of posts : 568
Registration date : 2010-03-14

PostSubject: Re: Dajarra Queensland & Their Acanthophis ...   Dajarra Queensland & Their Acanthophis ... Icon_minitimeTue 9 Nov - 4:57

Wolfgang Wüster wrote:
Bostjan Kraner wrote:

Breathtaking

Dajarra adders are very closely related to A. rugosus from West Papua, and may well be the same species - see this paper.

Thanx Mr.Wüster. I have read this paper but I still want to make a complete picture about Acanthophis Taxa. (If i take in consideration that I can not rely on Hoser´s work.) I´ve read all his so called papers and all others on Acanthophis genus and their toxins. There are to many pseudonyms for the same snakes and to many so called species. What are species commonly recognized by scientific society?

Regards, BKK
Back to top Go down
Ro vd Bergh
Snakemaster
Snakemaster
Ro vd Bergh

Male
Number of posts : 290
Registration date : 2010-11-06

PostSubject: Re: Dajarra Queensland & Their Acanthophis ...   Dajarra Queensland & Their Acanthophis ... Icon_minitimeTue 9 Nov - 5:35

Wow... I would only buy yearlings (if we could) just to make sure that mine would be as bright as some shown. Very Happy I'm not really into Deathadders but these are really nice.

Great post! Thanks for sharing!

Cheers, Ro.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dajarra Queensland & Their Acanthophis ...   Dajarra Queensland & Their Acanthophis ... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dajarra Queensland & Their Acanthophis ...
Page 1 of 1