VenomLand
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please beware, to register at venomland you are requested to use your full name (first and family name) - nicknames are not allowed and will be not activated! thx

Dear Venomland Members and Friends, Venomland is a little more than 6 years old now and by far the biggest Hot Snake community on the Planet! We want to thank all of you who made Venomland the leading Board. We are also very thankful to our Moderators and Admins for years of hard work. Now, it is time to move on. I have been thinking how to proceed and what to do with our beloved board as we reach a size, that we need to make drastic changes to secure the future of our community. As of now, Venomland is hosted by a free (well mostly free) hosting service. That was good for the first years but now we need to find a new way to run our forum. I have spend hundreds of Dollars over the years to keep Venomland up and running, and i have done so with pleasure. Now, we need your help! We need to come up with several thousand dollars for our Venomland 2.0 project, which i frankly cant pay for any longer by myself. So Venomland is asking his Friends and Members for the first time for their financial Support. Please help to keep Venomland alive, and let us move on to a new, better Portal in the Future! Every Dollar is helping us a great deal. I know, its hard times for everyone, but please spare a few Dollar for our community. If you have only 10 Dollars to spare, we are grateful, if it is more, it would be awesome. We are planning to develop a very new Venomland, with real community functions, a forum like you are already loving it and a real (online) Hot Snake Magazin. Also, there will be download areas for scientific papers, Wallpapers and more. Again folks, we can only do that if you all help. Please send me a Private Message if you want to keep Venomland alive, i will provide you with the details on how to donate Money. For now, we can accept money from creditcards via skrill (please google it, its a free service - account-details will be forwarded to you) and paypal. All the best, and for a (hopefully) nice future of our Board. Mario

2010 Equatorial Spitting Cobra Clutch

Go down 
+5
Pascal Wagenaus
JohnLight
Jason Bruno
Michael Giddings
Randy Ciuros
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Randy Ciuros
Serpent Chief
Serpent Chief
Randy Ciuros

Male
Number of posts : 585
Registration date : 2008-03-18

2010 Equatorial Spitting Cobra Clutch Empty
PostSubject: 2010 Equatorial Spitting Cobra Clutch   2010 Equatorial Spitting Cobra Clutch Icon_minitimeMon 26 Apr - 23:54

For the 5th year in a row, my adult pair of Naja sumatrana have produced eggs, and this year the largest clutch ever. 10 eggs.

2010 Equatorial Spitting Cobra Clutch Equatorial04-26-2010

Female
2010 Equatorial Spitting Cobra Clutch SumatranaF1_0044

Male
2010 Equatorial Spitting Cobra Clutch V-Sum-002-M
Back to top Go down
http://www.venomstreet.com
Michael Giddings
Michael Giddings

Male
Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2010-04-02

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Equatorial Spitting Cobra Clutch   2010 Equatorial Spitting Cobra Clutch Icon_minitimeTue 27 Apr - 1:14

Congrats! If the babies look anything like the parents then they will be amazing Smile

Hope all of them hatch Very Happy Really stunning snakes.
Back to top Go down
Jason Bruno
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer
Jason Bruno

Male
Number of posts : 142
Registration date : 2009-12-06

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Equatorial Spitting Cobra Clutch   2010 Equatorial Spitting Cobra Clutch Icon_minitimeTue 27 Apr - 1:34

Big CONGRATS for ya man. Just in time also.
Back to top Go down
Randy Ciuros
Serpent Chief
Serpent Chief
Randy Ciuros

Male

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Equatorial Spitting Cobra Clutch   2010 Equatorial Spitting Cobra Clutch Icon_minitimeTue 27 Apr - 2:22

Thanks the babies from the previous clutches have turned out very nice. Some have more speckling than the mother, but most have less, and a few that I've kept have less than the father. The babies hatch out orange, and turn more and more yellow, as they shed.

These spitters rarely spit on you when outside their cage. They will, however, coat the inside of the glass on their cages as you walk by.

Here is a photo of an '07 female on the left and an '08 female on the right. The female on the right has the least speckling of any I have produced. They both will get more yellow, then they are in this photo.

2010 Equatorial Spitting Cobra Clutch 004-07F-006-08F
Back to top Go down
JohnLight
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer

Male
Number of posts : 102
Registration date : 2010-02-26

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Equatorial Spitting Cobra Clutch   2010 Equatorial Spitting Cobra Clutch Icon_minitimeTue 27 Apr - 2:39

Very nice Randy, Congrats!!!
Back to top Go down
Pascal Wagenaus
Pascal Wagenaus

Male
Number of posts : 33
Registration date : 2009-04-05

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Equatorial Spitting Cobra Clutch   2010 Equatorial Spitting Cobra Clutch Icon_minitimeTue 27 Apr - 3:16

Absolutly great, congrats Randy!
Back to top Go down
http://www.hotsnakes.de
Michael Giddings
Michael Giddings

Male
Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2010-04-02

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Equatorial Spitting Cobra Clutch   2010 Equatorial Spitting Cobra Clutch Icon_minitimeTue 27 Apr - 3:43

Thats one that is hardly spotted is awesome! Do you think you might be able to find another one similar and maybe line breed them to produce young that are hardly spotted? Maybe even patternless?

I am not sure if this is even viable, would it be?
Back to top Go down
Emil Lydhagen
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper
Emil Lydhagen

Male
Number of posts : 59
Registration date : 2010-03-30

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Equatorial Spitting Cobra Clutch   2010 Equatorial Spitting Cobra Clutch Icon_minitimeTue 27 Apr - 5:06

Absolutley stunning snakes! Thanks for sharing!
Back to top Go down
Randy Ciuros
Serpent Chief
Serpent Chief
Randy Ciuros

Male

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Equatorial Spitting Cobra Clutch   2010 Equatorial Spitting Cobra Clutch Icon_minitimeTue 27 Apr - 5:11

Thanks everyone.

I'm working on breeding them with little or no speckling. I have an '06 male and that '08 female that I can breed together, or breed her back to her father when she is old enough. I believe it is possible to breed the speckling away, but we will see.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Equatorial Spitting Cobra Clutch   2010 Equatorial Spitting Cobra Clutch Icon_minitimeTue 27 Apr - 5:30

Great shots of wonderful animals.
Back to top Go down
Bob Herrington
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer

Male
Number of posts : 159
Registration date : 2009-02-26

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Equatorial Spitting Cobra Clutch   2010 Equatorial Spitting Cobra Clutch Icon_minitimeTue 27 Apr - 9:21

Congratulations Randy and thanks for the great pics.
Bob
Back to top Go down
Karl Müller
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper
Karl Müller

Male
Number of posts : 93
Registration date : 2009-04-26

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Equatorial Spitting Cobra Clutch   2010 Equatorial Spitting Cobra Clutch Icon_minitimeTue 27 Apr - 22:24

Congrats Randy! Very Happy
Very nice, good luck with the eggs!
Regards,
Karl
Back to top Go down
Sebastian Sar
Sebastian Sar

Male
Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2010-03-03

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Equatorial Spitting Cobra Clutch   2010 Equatorial Spitting Cobra Clutch Icon_minitimeWed 5 May - 20:14

Awesome. Congratulations
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Equatorial Spitting Cobra Clutch   2010 Equatorial Spitting Cobra Clutch Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

2010 Equatorial Spitting Cobra Clutch
Page 1 of 1