VenomLand
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please beware, to register at venomland you are requested to use your full name (first and family name) - nicknames are not allowed and will be not activated! thx

Dear Venomland Members and Friends, Venomland is a little more than 6 years old now and by far the biggest Hot Snake community on the Planet! We want to thank all of you who made Venomland the leading Board. We are also very thankful to our Moderators and Admins for years of hard work. Now, it is time to move on. I have been thinking how to proceed and what to do with our beloved board as we reach a size, that we need to make drastic changes to secure the future of our community. As of now, Venomland is hosted by a free (well mostly free) hosting service. That was good for the first years but now we need to find a new way to run our forum. I have spend hundreds of Dollars over the years to keep Venomland up and running, and i have done so with pleasure. Now, we need your help! We need to come up with several thousand dollars for our Venomland 2.0 project, which i frankly cant pay for any longer by myself. So Venomland is asking his Friends and Members for the first time for their financial Support. Please help to keep Venomland alive, and let us move on to a new, better Portal in the Future! Every Dollar is helping us a great deal. I know, its hard times for everyone, but please spare a few Dollar for our community. If you have only 10 Dollars to spare, we are grateful, if it is more, it would be awesome. We are planning to develop a very new Venomland, with real community functions, a forum like you are already loving it and a real (online) Hot Snake Magazin. Also, there will be download areas for scientific papers, Wallpapers and more. Again folks, we can only do that if you all help. Please send me a Private Message if you want to keep Venomland alive, i will provide you with the details on how to donate Money. For now, we can accept money from creditcards via skrill (please google it, its a free service - account-details will be forwarded to you) and paypal. All the best, and for a (hopefully) nice future of our Board. Mario

venomous at hamm

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Robbie Hewitt

Male
Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2010-06-16

venomous at hamm Empty
PostSubject: venomous at hamm   venomous at hamm Icon_minitimeFri 18 Jun - 21:47

hello , could somone inform me of the procedure of buying venomous snakes at hamm reptile expo i have a dwal as im in england but is it required for me too bring this or a copy too hamm do the laws in germany require me too have some sort of permit ? i really have no idea please feel me in thank you.
Back to top Go down
Robbie Hewitt

Male

venomous at hamm Empty
PostSubject: Re: venomous at hamm   venomous at hamm Icon_minitimeFri 18 Jun - 22:03

this may be in the wrong place apologies if so
Back to top Go down
Stephan Niemann
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer

Male
Number of posts : 217
Registration date : 2010-02-01

venomous at hamm Empty
PostSubject: Re: venomous at hamm   venomous at hamm Icon_minitimeFri 18 Jun - 22:30

@ Robbie
if the animals dont require a cites then you dont need any paperwork or permit at all since hamm is in a state wich doesnt haveany rules on venemous yet .
Back to top Go down
Sascha Beckhoff
Snakemaster
Snakemaster
Sascha Beckhoff

Male
Number of posts : 313
Registration date : 2010-01-14

venomous at hamm Empty
PostSubject: Re: venomous at hamm   venomous at hamm Icon_minitimeFri 18 Jun - 22:34

i agree with Stephan.
Back to top Go down
Brett Franklin
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer
Brett Franklin

Male
Number of posts : 118
Registration date : 2009-07-15

venomous at hamm Empty
PostSubject: Re: venomous at hamm   venomous at hamm Icon_minitimeFri 18 Jun - 22:56

Hi Robbie,

Your problem will not be at Hamm but when entering the United Kingdom. If you declare the animals on entering the country, logic says they would ask you to present your DWAL. In the case you did not have one I would assume the animals would be confiscated.

Cheers,
Brett
Back to top Go down
Robbie Hewitt

Male

venomous at hamm Empty
PostSubject: Re: venomous at hamm   venomous at hamm Icon_minitimeFri 18 Jun - 23:13

thank you all much appreciated
Back to top Go down
mark craddock
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper
mark craddock

Male
Number of posts : 64
Registration date : 2009-02-20

venomous at hamm Empty
PostSubject: Re: venomous at hamm   venomous at hamm Icon_minitimeFri 18 Jun - 23:16

Robbie Hewitt wrote:
hello , could somone inform me of the procedure of buying venomous snakes at hamm reptile expo i have a dwal as im in england but is it required for me too bring this or a copy too hamm do the laws in germany require me too have some sort of permit ? i really have no idea please feel me in thank you.

Hi Robbie. There are no permits required to buy DWA listed species from either of the Hamm or Houten expos, however you will need to take your DWA licence with you as you will be asked to produce (original copy) by H.M. Customs and Excise should you be stopped. Failure to do so may result in confiscation of the animals. Also you will need to produce it to the police whilst travelling home through the UK if you are stopped for any reason.
Occasionally, the border controls may question the security of the containers that the animals are in, as they have concerns about them escaping whist in transit, so a good sturdy box with ventilation (realy useful tub with holes drilled) is desirable.
Back to top Go down
Robbie Hewitt

Male

venomous at hamm Empty
PostSubject: Re: venomous at hamm   venomous at hamm Icon_minitimeFri 18 Jun - 23:42

thank you mark , very helpfull What a Face
Back to top Go down
Robbie Hewitt

Male

venomous at hamm Empty
PostSubject: Re: venomous at hamm   venomous at hamm Icon_minitimeSat 19 Jun - 20:54

also ill be buying non venomous snake's all my snakes will be bagged will customs require me too remove them too identify them or will my labeling suffice , im guessing they have a reptile "expert" too identify them

Edit*

i understand that people without a dwal can transport dwa listed animals for upto 24 hours , so i guess i dont really NEED too have a copy or the original dwal certificate ? confusing
Back to top Go down
mark craddock
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper
mark craddock

Male
Number of posts : 64
Registration date : 2009-02-20

venomous at hamm Empty
PostSubject: Re: venomous at hamm   venomous at hamm Icon_minitimeSun 20 Jun - 4:04

Robbie Hewitt wrote:
also ill be buying non venomous snake's all my snakes will be bagged will customs require me too remove them too identify them or will my labeling suffice , im guessing they have a reptile "expert" too identify them

Edit*

i understand that people without a dwal can transport dwa listed animals for upto 24 hours , so i guess i dont really NEED too have a copy or the original dwal certificate ? confusing
You will be taking a risk by bringing snakes through in bags, even if they are non venomous, as C&E officers will not let you directly expose them to the animals. They will want to inspect the bags for "anything else" and will therefore open the bags in a controlled enviroment. The animal welfare team are based at Heathrow and will be called upon to identify and undertake the task. They travel to the ports and may well take all day to get there. It can get very awkward, I've been going to Hamm and Houten 2/3/4 times a year since 1996.
My advice would be to bring back all venomous snakes in the containers that they are sold in as they have clear lids and are properly labled. If you are collecting pre-arranged venomous snakes, then you should organise for the appropriate containers to be used beforehand. Non venomous snakes and lizards can be put into tubs with clear lids which can be bought at the show and get receipts and paperwork for everything. C&E are always suspicious that you may be smuggling and using the snakes as cover. Use your common sense and make it easy for C&E to inspect you, and keep things simple and you will not be held up.
The DWA act allows 72 hours for you to hold/distribute DWA listed species but you will have to provide evidence of who has ordered the animals to C&E before they allow entry. Each order will need a copy of their DWA licence or PSL.
This may all look complicated, but it is really very simple. Just be sensible and "up front" and you won't have any problems. Good luck.
Back to top Go down
Robbie Hewitt

Male

venomous at hamm Empty
PostSubject: Re: venomous at hamm   venomous at hamm Icon_minitimeSun 20 Jun - 4:12

mark craddock wrote:
Robbie Hewitt wrote:

Edit*

You will be taking a risk by bringing snakes through in bags, even if they are non venomous, as C&E officers will not let you directly expose them to the animals. They will want to inspect the bags for "anything else" and will therefore open the bags in a controlled enviroment. The animal welfare team are based at Heathrow and will be called upon to identify and undertake the task. They travel to the ports and may well take all day to get there. It can get very awkward, I've been going to Hamm and Houten 2/3/4 times a year since 1996.
My advice would be to bring back all venomous snakes in the containers that they are sold in as they have clear lids and are properly labled. If you are collecting pre-arranged venomous snakes, then you should organise for the appropriate containers to be used beforehand. Non venomous snakes and lizards can be put into tubs with clear lids which can be bought at the show and get receipts and paperwork for everything. C&E are always suspicious that you may be smuggling and using the snakes as cover. Use your common sense and make it easy for C&E to inspect you, and keep things simple and you will not be held up.
The DWA act allows 72 hours for you to hold/distribute DWA listed species but you will have to provide evidence of who has ordered the animals to C&E before they allow entry. Each order will need a copy of their DWA licence or PSL.
This may all look complicated, but it is really very simple. Just be sensible and "up front" and you won't have any problems. Good luck.

thank you very helpfull, good job i checked could have been in for a long wait lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

venomous at hamm Empty
PostSubject: Re: venomous at hamm   venomous at hamm Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

venomous at hamm
Page 1 of 1