VenomLand
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please beware, to register at venomland you are requested to use your full name (first and family name) - nicknames are not allowed and will be not activated! thx

Dear Venomland Members and Friends, Venomland is a little more than 6 years old now and by far the biggest Hot Snake community on the Planet! We want to thank all of you who made Venomland the leading Board. We are also very thankful to our Moderators and Admins for years of hard work. Now, it is time to move on. I have been thinking how to proceed and what to do with our beloved board as we reach a size, that we need to make drastic changes to secure the future of our community. As of now, Venomland is hosted by a free (well mostly free) hosting service. That was good for the first years but now we need to find a new way to run our forum. I have spend hundreds of Dollars over the years to keep Venomland up and running, and i have done so with pleasure. Now, we need your help! We need to come up with several thousand dollars for our Venomland 2.0 project, which i frankly cant pay for any longer by myself. So Venomland is asking his Friends and Members for the first time for their financial Support. Please help to keep Venomland alive, and let us move on to a new, better Portal in the Future! Every Dollar is helping us a great deal. I know, its hard times for everyone, but please spare a few Dollar for our community. If you have only 10 Dollars to spare, we are grateful, if it is more, it would be awesome. We are planning to develop a very new Venomland, with real community functions, a forum like you are already loving it and a real (online) Hot Snake Magazin. Also, there will be download areas for scientific papers, Wallpapers and more. Again folks, we can only do that if you all help. Please send me a Private Message if you want to keep Venomland alive, i will provide you with the details on how to donate Money. For now, we can accept money from creditcards via skrill (please google it, its a free service - account-details will be forwarded to you) and paypal. All the best, and for a (hopefully) nice future of our Board. Mario

im inviting anyone interested in king cobras to visit my web site

Go down 
+8
Tom Charlton
Jon Davidson
Roger Sharp
Lourance Klose
JohnLight
Graeme Skinner
Richard Mastenbroek
Luke Yeomans
12 posters
AuthorMessage
Luke Yeomans

Luke Yeomans

Male
Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2010-07-22

im inviting anyone interested in king cobras to visit my web site Empty
PostSubject: im inviting anyone interested in king cobras to visit my web site   im inviting anyone interested in king cobras to visit my web site Icon_minitimeFri 23 Jul - 3:56

www.kingcobrasanctuary.com iv recently opened the site to share what iv learnt and discovered in over 30 years about the worlds largest and in my opinion most intelegent venermouse snake.articles now on the site are just the begining.the best is yet to come.Hope you enjoy.Luke yeomans
Back to top Go down
http://www.kingcobrasanctuary.com
Richard Mastenbroek
Snakemaster
Snakemaster

Male
Number of posts : 264
Registration date : 2010-05-05

PostSubject: Re: im inviting anyone interested in king cobras to visit my web site   im inviting anyone interested in king cobras to visit my web site Icon_minitimeFri 23 Jul - 4:57

Nice website but I would love to see and read more about how you keep, breed, feed and raise them.

Goodjob

Cheers

Richard
Back to top Go down
http://www.kingsnake.com/elapids
Luke Yeomans

Luke Yeomans

Male

PostSubject: Re: im inviting anyone interested in king cobras to visit my web site   im inviting anyone interested in king cobras to visit my web site Icon_minitimeFri 23 Jul - 5:12

There's goiing to be many articles on the site about all aspects of keeping and breeding cobras I just felt it important to cover goals of the sanctuary,dangers involved in maintaining kings and some safety tips please kee visiting the site I promise you won't be disapointed. Thanks for your coments. Luke

Back to top Go down
Graeme Skinner
Snakemaster
Snakemaster
Graeme Skinner

Male
Number of posts : 466
Registration date : 2009-02-19

PostSubject: Re: im inviting anyone interested in king cobras to visit my web site   im inviting anyone interested in king cobras to visit my web site Icon_minitimeFri 23 Jul - 15:06

Great Site Luke, keep it up!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: im inviting anyone interested in king cobras to visit my web site   im inviting anyone interested in king cobras to visit my web site Icon_minitimeFri 23 Jul - 21:11

Great site. Liked the bite proof gloves article.

Thanks for sharing, I will keep an eye out for updates.
Back to top Go down
JohnLight
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer

Male
Number of posts : 102
Registration date : 2010-02-26

PostSubject: Re: im inviting anyone interested in king cobras to visit my web site   im inviting anyone interested in king cobras to visit my web site Icon_minitimeSat 24 Jul - 8:56

Very nicely done! I'm working on tracking down many different locallities of kings right now, this info is great!

What local of king cobras are you currently breeding?! This is my ultimate goal!

How are the babies? Do they have high mortality rates as so many claim or is there something your doing differently to keep them going?
John Light
Back to top Go down
Lourance Klose
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper

Male
Number of posts : 42
Registration date : 2008-09-10

PostSubject: Re: im inviting anyone interested in king cobras to visit my web site   im inviting anyone interested in king cobras to visit my web site Icon_minitimeSat 24 Jul - 20:20

Very Nice, I look forward to the development of the site and reading your progress.

Good luck with your future projects.
Back to top Go down
Roger Sharp
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper
Roger Sharp

Male
Number of posts : 43
Registration date : 2009-01-07

PostSubject: Re: im inviting anyone interested in king cobras to visit my web site   im inviting anyone interested in king cobras to visit my web site Icon_minitimeSun 25 Jul - 0:30

as i have said to you before very good site Luke.
Back to top Go down
Luke Yeomans

Luke Yeomans

Male

PostSubject: Re: im inviting anyone interested in king cobras to visit my web site   im inviting anyone interested in king cobras to visit my web site Icon_minitimeMon 26 Jul - 1:46

the kings im working with are malaysia and indonesian , iv hade problems raising babies but now belive iv solved the majoraty of them,as this hase been the most freqwently asked problem since iv started the web site ill make it a priorety two finish my paper on raising baby kings and get it up on the site.regards.Luke,
JohnLight wrote:
Very nicely done! I'm working on tracking down many different locallities of kings right now, this info is great!

What local of king cobras are you currently breeding?! This is my ultimate goal!

How are the babies? Do they have high mortality rates as so many claim or is there something your doing differently to keep them going?
John Light
Back to top Go down
Jon Davidson
Serpent Chief
Serpent Chief
Jon Davidson

Male
Number of posts : 512
Registration date : 2009-02-28

PostSubject: Re: im inviting anyone interested in king cobras to visit my web site   im inviting anyone interested in king cobras to visit my web site Icon_minitimeMon 26 Jul - 9:56

Luke Yeomans wrote:
the kings im working with are malaysia and indonesian , iv hade problems raising babies but now belive iv solved the majoraty of them,as this hase been the most freqwently asked problem since iv started the web site ill make it a priorety two finish my paper on raising baby kings and get it up on the site.regards.Luke,
Is the photo on the home page indicative of the site? I wonder, Mr. Yeomans, if you could please tell us- for the benefit of the less experienced snake keepers here on Venomland- what the purpose is of kissing a live cobra on the head? Just wondering... Sincerely, Jon Davidson .
Back to top Go down
Richard Mastenbroek
Snakemaster
Snakemaster

Male
Number of posts : 264
Registration date : 2010-05-05

PostSubject: Re: im inviting anyone interested in king cobras to visit my web site   im inviting anyone interested in king cobras to visit my web site Icon_minitimeMon 26 Jul - 18:35

Luke Yeomans wrote:
JohnLight wrote:

John Light

So Luke what I understand is that you found a good way to raise kings from the egg to mature.
You make me damm curiuous as already lots of baby kings eating and growing died on me in the past till the point that I got sick of it to loose a snake after snake without obvious reasons.
So if ou found the key to succes please share on this forum. And do not let us wait on your article as I guess that baby kings die every days. You might safe some lives
Back to top Go down
http://www.kingsnake.com/elapids
Tom Charlton
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper

Male
Number of posts : 68
Registration date : 2008-07-04

PostSubject: Re: im inviting anyone interested in king cobras to visit my web site   im inviting anyone interested in king cobras to visit my web site Icon_minitimeMon 26 Jul - 19:16

Fantastic site Luke, i look forward to seeing how it will progress as you add more information on there.

Jon Davidson wrote:
what the purpose is of kissing a live cobra on the head?

Because kissing a dead one would be disgusting.......?
Back to top Go down
http://www.venomlogic.com
Stefan Anthonijsz
Serpent Chief
Serpent Chief
Stefan Anthonijsz

Male
Number of posts : 556
Registration date : 2009-09-29

PostSubject: Re: im inviting anyone interested in king cobras to visit my web site   im inviting anyone interested in king cobras to visit my web site Icon_minitimeMon 26 Jul - 20:18

Tom Charlton wrote:
Jon Davidson wrote:
what the purpose is of kissing a live cobra on the head?

Because kissing a dead one would be disgusting.......?
Laughing
Back to top Go down
JohnLight
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer

Male
Number of posts : 102
Registration date : 2010-02-26

PostSubject: Re: im inviting anyone interested in king cobras to visit my web site   im inviting anyone interested in king cobras to visit my web site Icon_minitimeMon 26 Jul - 23:50

If I knew cobra behavior as well as Luke and I could Kiss a live King Cobra on the head I'd likely do so! Amazing photo!
Back to top Go down
Stefan Wennekes
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer
Stefan Wennekes

Male
Number of posts : 157
Registration date : 2009-07-01

PostSubject: Re: im inviting anyone interested in king cobras to visit my web site   im inviting anyone interested in king cobras to visit my web site Icon_minitimeTue 27 Jul - 3:53

Wouw !
really amasing site with a lot of great info already.
cant wait untill the next articels.
Good luck
Back to top Go down
http://www.oldworldophidia.com/indexeng.html
Peter Zürcher
Admin
Admin
Peter Zürcher

Male
Number of posts : 1266
Registration date : 2008-03-06

PostSubject: Re: im inviting anyone interested in king cobras to visit my web site   im inviting anyone interested in king cobras to visit my web site Icon_minitimeTue 27 Jul - 16:56

I cannot see a "lot of grat info" - maybe articles with new infos, breeding reports, feeding reports etc. are coming soon?
Just telling to have success with breeding and raising of babies without giving any information isn't enough to make this site a special one.
Go ahead, Luke, and tell us more about your systems and tricks - many keepers worldwide will be thankful.

@ Mr. Davidson
I agree with you . In my opinion someone who must kiss king cobras for what reason ever should do so. If it's published on an official website, there should be at least a warning remark avoiding people with less experience to imitate it.
Peter

Back to top Go down
http://www.reptilienzoonockalm.at
Luke Yeomans

Luke Yeomans

Male

PostSubject: Re: im inviting anyone interested in king cobras to visit my web site   im inviting anyone interested in king cobras to visit my web site Icon_minitimeWed 25 Aug - 1:25

Jon Davidson wrote:
Luke Yeomans wrote:
Is the photo on the home page indicative of the site? I wonder, Mr. Yeomans, if you could please tell us- for the benefit of the less experienced snake keepers here on Venomland- what the purpose is of kissing a live cobra on the head? Just wondering... Sincerely, Jon Davidson .
I have now posted my reasons for the "Kiss of Death"photograph on the site,hope all who read it understand.Luke yeomans
Back to top Go down
Mario Lutz
Lord of the Serpents
Lord of the Serpents
Mario Lutz

Male
Number of posts : 1416
Registration date : 2008-03-06

PostSubject: Re: im inviting anyone interested in king cobras to visit my web site   im inviting anyone interested in king cobras to visit my web site Icon_minitimeTue 30 Nov - 16:26

i just come back, spending the whole day, reading Luke's article and watching his videos..

of course, this posting here is 3 months old, but i have to say, i am impressed with his work.. first of all, there are lots and lots of information about Ophiophagus hannah on his page, more than somewhere else i would say... second, one can see how much love and interest Luke Yeomans has for King Cobras....

myself, i work since many, many years with Ophiophagus hannah and i can second his information on his page... and yes, i also second his thoughts about handling King Cobras, whether you like his way or not, my experiences with this particular species are the same and one need to work with this species log enough to understand that. we know today how important interaction as enrichment programs are for captive animals, including crocodiles. in my eyes, King Cobras are "intelligent" and they need and deserve interaction with their handlers...

Luke got some Balls in my eyes to state that, as he sure knew he would be misunderstood, same as "The King" himself, and he also know of course how controversial that topic is in the first place... but, if you cant discuss his point of view on a place like VenomLand, where else? i believe, we are professional enough to be open minded...

i for myself have to say: Respect Luke! And more Power for you Guys and for your Sanctuary! But again, i am working with Ophiophagus hannah every day and understand his position.

And please Luke, share your information also here with us on VenomLand.. Give folks a chance to explain if there is something unclear..

Thanks
Mario

Back to top Go down
http://www.venomland.org
Jon Davidson
Serpent Chief
Serpent Chief
Jon Davidson

Male
Number of posts : 512
Registration date : 2009-02-28

PostSubject: Re: im inviting anyone interested in king cobras to visit my web site   im inviting anyone interested in king cobras to visit my web site Icon_minitimeWed 1 Dec - 9:15

Mario Lutz wrote:

And please Luke, share your information also here with us on VenomLand.. Give folks a chance to explain if there is something unclear..
I appreciate having the opportunity to ask for either clarity or an explanation regarding perspective or methodologies from Mr. Yeomans. Sincerely, Jon Davidson .
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: im inviting anyone interested in king cobras to visit my web site   im inviting anyone interested in king cobras to visit my web site Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

im inviting anyone interested in king cobras to visit my web site
Page 1 of 1