VenomLand
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please beware, to register at venomland you are requested to use your full name (first and family name) - nicknames are not allowed and will be not activated! thx

Dear Venomland Members and Friends, Venomland is a little more than 6 years old now and by far the biggest Hot Snake community on the Planet! We want to thank all of you who made Venomland the leading Board. We are also very thankful to our Moderators and Admins for years of hard work. Now, it is time to move on. I have been thinking how to proceed and what to do with our beloved board as we reach a size, that we need to make drastic changes to secure the future of our community. As of now, Venomland is hosted by a free (well mostly free) hosting service. That was good for the first years but now we need to find a new way to run our forum. I have spend hundreds of Dollars over the years to keep Venomland up and running, and i have done so with pleasure. Now, we need your help! We need to come up with several thousand dollars for our Venomland 2.0 project, which i frankly cant pay for any longer by myself. So Venomland is asking his Friends and Members for the first time for their financial Support. Please help to keep Venomland alive, and let us move on to a new, better Portal in the Future! Every Dollar is helping us a great deal. I know, its hard times for everyone, but please spare a few Dollar for our community. If you have only 10 Dollars to spare, we are grateful, if it is more, it would be awesome. We are planning to develop a very new Venomland, with real community functions, a forum like you are already loving it and a real (online) Hot Snake Magazin. Also, there will be download areas for scientific papers, Wallpapers and more. Again folks, we can only do that if you all help. Please send me a Private Message if you want to keep Venomland alive, i will provide you with the details on how to donate Money. For now, we can accept money from creditcards via skrill (please google it, its a free service - account-details will be forwarded to you) and paypal. All the best, and for a (hopefully) nice future of our Board. Mario

CB 2010 Bothriechis lateralis

Go down 
+7
Gustav Eloy
Rene Schenk
Derek Morgan
Marthinus C. Harmse
Sami Heikkinen
Björn Nilsson
Philipp Einfalt
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Philipp Einfalt
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper
Philipp Einfalt

Male
Number of posts : 73
Registration date : 2010-09-19

CB 2010 Bothriechis lateralis Empty
PostSubject: CB 2010 Bothriechis lateralis   CB 2010 Bothriechis lateralis Icon_minitimeFri 8 Oct - 17:37

Good morning everybody!
I want to show you my captive breed 2010 Bothriechis lateralis. The adults are "blue phase" variants. In the next weeks nad month i will show you pics of the growing up.
regards
Philipp
CB 2010 Bothriechis lateralis Dsc_1612
CB 2010 Bothriechis lateralis Dsc_1613
CB 2010 Bothriechis lateralis Dsc_1711
CB 2010 Bothriechis lateralis Dsc_1511

Last edited by Philipp Einfalt on Fri 15 Oct - 1:38; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Björn Nilsson
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper
Björn Nilsson

Male
Number of posts : 53
Registration date : 2009-09-16

PostSubject: Re: CB 2010 Bothriechis lateralis   CB 2010 Bothriechis lateralis Icon_minitimeFri 8 Oct - 18:06

Congratulations! Smile I have never seen neonates of this species before, didnt know they start out with this color.
Good luck!
Back to top Go down
Sami Heikkinen
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer
Sami Heikkinen

Male
Number of posts : 173
Registration date : 2008-11-04

PostSubject: Re: CB 2010 Bothriechis lateralis   CB 2010 Bothriechis lateralis Icon_minitimeFri 8 Oct - 20:05

Damn, Congrats indeed!
I also would like to hear something about the whole breeding process, like how long was the gestation time etc.
I HAD a trio of these beauties but unfortunatelly the female dropped some time ago (and it had some offsprings inside.. ).

I definitely want to see some more photos of these and the adults!
Back to top Go down
http://nothingtosayphoto.blogspot.com/
Marthinus C. Harmse
Snakemaster
Snakemaster
Marthinus C. Harmse

Male
Number of posts : 254
Registration date : 2009-04-18

PostSubject: Re: CB 2010 Bothriechis lateralis   CB 2010 Bothriechis lateralis Icon_minitimeFri 8 Oct - 21:14

Wow. Big congrats. That doesnt happen often.
The babies arent as pretty as the adults though :T
Back to top Go down
Philipp Einfalt
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper
Philipp Einfalt

Male

PostSubject: Re: CB 2010 Bothriechis lateralis   CB 2010 Bothriechis lateralis Icon_minitimeFri 8 Oct - 22:21

Hi,
i can not say something about the real gestation time because i don´t see the mating. About three month bevore giving birth, the female was obviously thicker than bevore. Two month bevore giving birth she refused food. Between 17 and 31.7.2010 5,7 juveniles are born alive. I can´t say something about the real date of birth because to that time i was on a trip in spain. At the 31.7.2010. the shedding of all young was completetd.
I set two juveniles into one Box with paper towels as substrate, one water container, one branch an some plants. The Temperature in the night is about 20 degrees at day about 26 . The following pics are not so good sorry... but you will get an impression of the adults.
regards
Philipp
CB 2010 Bothriechis lateralis Dsc_0016
CB 2010 Bothriechis lateralis Csc_0011
CB 2010 Bothriechis lateralis Csc_0010
Back to top Go down
Derek Morgan
Snakemaster
Snakemaster
Derek Morgan

Male
Number of posts : 410
Registration date : 2008-05-13

PostSubject: Re: CB 2010 Bothriechis lateralis   CB 2010 Bothriechis lateralis Icon_minitimeSat 9 Oct - 6:50

Very nice, congrats Philipp!! Documenting the color change of the babies will be really cool.
Back to top Go down
http://www.arborealvipers.com

PostSubject: Re: CB 2010 Bothriechis lateralis   CB 2010 Bothriechis lateralis Icon_minitimeSat 9 Oct - 12:50

I think robert palmer said it best! (Simply irresitable)
Back to top Go down
Rene Schenk
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer
Rene Schenk

Male
Number of posts : 113
Registration date : 2008-11-05

PostSubject: Re: CB 2010 Bothriechis lateralis   CB 2010 Bothriechis lateralis Icon_minitimeSat 9 Oct - 17:41

Hi Phillipp,
Very nice snakes and pictures, congrats. I will post pics in some days. There are a few with
real red eyes. Just amazing! You did a great job, Dady;-) cheers Thanks again.
Cheerio
Rene
Back to top Go down
Philipp Einfalt
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper
Philipp Einfalt

Male

PostSubject: Re: CB 2010 Bothriechis lateralis   CB 2010 Bothriechis lateralis Icon_minitimeSat 9 Oct - 21:59

@ Rene!
Wow i´m waiting eagerly to the pics!!!!!
Lets post pictures more or less with regularity to record the growing up.
so long
Philipp
Back to top Go down
Gustav Eloy
Serpent Chief
Serpent Chief
Gustav Eloy

Male
Number of posts : 662
Registration date : 2010-09-09

PostSubject: Re: CB 2010 Bothriechis lateralis   CB 2010 Bothriechis lateralis Icon_minitimeTue 19 Oct - 17:20

wow man this are fantastic just one of my all time favourites, i really want one
congrats, by the way do you have more pics of them and their terariums pleas??
reggards
Back to top Go down
Philipp Einfalt
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper
Philipp Einfalt

Male

PostSubject: Re: CB 2010 Bothriechis lateralis   CB 2010 Bothriechis lateralis Icon_minitimeThu 21 Oct - 18:13

@ Gustav!
I will take new pics in the next days. I show the pics then here.
regards
Philipp
Back to top Go down
Gustav Eloy
Serpent Chief
Serpent Chief
Gustav Eloy

Male
Number of posts : 662
Registration date : 2010-09-09

PostSubject: Re: CB 2010 Bothriechis lateralis   CB 2010 Bothriechis lateralis Icon_minitimeFri 22 Oct - 12:26

thanks a lot for your answer, I´ll be waiting for them, by the way is there any chances to export this species for you and send a pair to meexico?? its because they are simply awesome, thanks in advance
Back to top Go down
Michael Burmeister
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer

Male
Number of posts : 157
Registration date : 2010-07-02

PostSubject: Re: CB 2010 Bothriechis lateralis   CB 2010 Bothriechis lateralis Icon_minitimeFri 22 Oct - 17:29

Wow well done! I look forward to the pictures of your set up. These are stunning animals and it’s so good to see them being bred in captivity.
Back to top Go down
Philipp Einfalt
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper
Philipp Einfalt

Male

PostSubject: Re: CB 2010 Bothriechis lateralis   CB 2010 Bothriechis lateralis Icon_minitimeSat 23 Oct - 18:56

@ Gustav!
All the babys are sold.
Yet in the next year, I will try to send you animals. I can`t promise that it functioned.
regards from Germany
Philipp

Back to top Go down
Dennis Kollarits
Dennis Kollarits

Male
Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2010-11-02

PostSubject: Re: CB 2010 Bothriechis lateralis   CB 2010 Bothriechis lateralis Icon_minitimeSun 14 Nov - 0:53

Hello Philipp,

beautiful snakes!
Can you give some information on the ontogenetic color change in your specimens?
Specifically at what age did the coloration change and at what age was the development to the full adult pattern finished?
How do these changes manifest themselves?
Does it match what has been documented in literature; namely the change to green at about 6 months of age and final shift at 1,5 to 2 years?
Is the locality of the parents known?

many thanks,

Dennis Kollarits

Last edited by Dennis Kollarits on Sun 14 Nov - 2:50; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Spelling)
Back to top Go down
Philipp Einfalt
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper
Philipp Einfalt

Male

PostSubject: Re: CB 2010 Bothriechis lateralis   CB 2010 Bothriechis lateralis Icon_minitimeSun 14 Nov - 2:02

Hi Dennis!
I can`t give you informations about the color change because its the first breeding. I will document the development here. The parents are from Meidinger Costa Rica. I have no further information to the origin.
cheers
philipp
Back to top Go down
Sascha Beckhoff
Snakemaster
Snakemaster
Sascha Beckhoff

Male
Number of posts : 313
Registration date : 2010-01-14

PostSubject: Re: CB 2010 Bothriechis lateralis   CB 2010 Bothriechis lateralis Icon_minitimeMon 15 Nov - 20:10

Congrats mate.awesome little critters!!!!!Good luck with them

Best Regards
Sascha
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: CB 2010 Bothriechis lateralis   CB 2010 Bothriechis lateralis Icon_minitimeTue 16 Nov - 2:49

The parents are remarkable!!!!
Back to top Go down
Walter Silva
Snakemaster
Snakemaster
Walter Silva

Male
Number of posts : 385
Registration date : 2009-06-15

PostSubject: Re: CB 2010 Bothriechis lateralis   CB 2010 Bothriechis lateralis Icon_minitimeMon 22 Jul - 7:53

)Philipp:

How are the babies? (in this time are adult), is difficult the feeding for babies? please, more tips about this.

Do you have pics about the color change??

Thanks for your time, and have a good day
Back to top Go down
Philipp Einfalt
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper
Philipp Einfalt

Male

PostSubject: Re: CB 2010 Bothriechis lateralis   CB 2010 Bothriechis lateralis Icon_minitimeMon 12 Aug - 18:01

@ Walter! The babies are ok. The feeding is difficult . In the first month they eat without problems. Later they only eat after poking. The two remaining of 2010 are bluish. The one from 2009 is green.
What other information would you like? I'll create new images.
With kind regards
Philipp
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: CB 2010 Bothriechis lateralis   CB 2010 Bothriechis lateralis Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

CB 2010 Bothriechis lateralis
Page 1 of 1