VenomLand
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please beware, to register at venomland you are requested to use your full name (first and family name) - nicknames are not allowed and will be not activated! thx

Dear Venomland Members and Friends, Venomland is a little more than 6 years old now and by far the biggest Hot Snake community on the Planet! We want to thank all of you who made Venomland the leading Board. We are also very thankful to our Moderators and Admins for years of hard work. Now, it is time to move on. I have been thinking how to proceed and what to do with our beloved board as we reach a size, that we need to make drastic changes to secure the future of our community. As of now, Venomland is hosted by a free (well mostly free) hosting service. That was good for the first years but now we need to find a new way to run our forum. I have spend hundreds of Dollars over the years to keep Venomland up and running, and i have done so with pleasure. Now, we need your help! We need to come up with several thousand dollars for our Venomland 2.0 project, which i frankly cant pay for any longer by myself. So Venomland is asking his Friends and Members for the first time for their financial Support. Please help to keep Venomland alive, and let us move on to a new, better Portal in the Future! Every Dollar is helping us a great deal. I know, its hard times for everyone, but please spare a few Dollar for our community. If you have only 10 Dollars to spare, we are grateful, if it is more, it would be awesome. We are planning to develop a very new Venomland, with real community functions, a forum like you are already loving it and a real (online) Hot Snake Magazin. Also, there will be download areas for scientific papers, Wallpapers and more. Again folks, we can only do that if you all help. Please send me a Private Message if you want to keep Venomland alive, i will provide you with the details on how to donate Money. For now, we can accept money from creditcards via skrill (please google it, its a free service - account-details will be forwarded to you) and paypal. All the best, and for a (hopefully) nice future of our Board. Mario

Bothriechis lateralis

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Soleya Witte
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper
Soleya Witte

Female
Number of posts : 46
Registration date : 2012-11-21

Bothriechis lateralis Empty
PostSubject: Bothriechis lateralis   Bothriechis lateralis Icon_minitimeMon 22 Apr - 5:29

Yesterday we got a Bothriechis lateralis from a friend of ours. Her husband died a while a go and she couldn't take care of the snakes he left behind. She tried to sell some of the snakes, but two months ago she called us to get the snakes that where still there.. (Because the person who promised to take care of the snakes didn't show up anymore) There was also this Bothriechis, but she wanted to keep him a bit longer, because she was so attached to it. But last week we got a call that we should come pick him up. It was really sad to see how hard it was for her to let the snake go. It was the last snake from her husband that left the house. She knows we take good care of it, but still I felt sorry for her..

So now we have the snake. And we absolutely love it!
But I hope some people can give us some advice about the temperature we should keep it. We read a lot of different temperatures from 14 tot 26 degrees. She kept him in the bathroom because that was the coolest room in the house. We know our snakeroom gets to hot, so the guy is now in an enclosure in the living room. We also getting a fog system.. But any advice and tips are welcome Smile.

Enough with the talking. Here are some pictures.. Enjoy! (I tried a lot of camera settings, but the real blue color is very hard to capture)

Bothriechis lateralis Picture186-001

Bothriechis lateralis Picture199-001

Bothriechis lateralis Picture208-001

Bothriechis lateralis Picture211-001

Bothriechis lateralis Picture215-001

Bothriechis lateralis Picture265-001

Back to top Go down
Rene Schenk
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer
Rene Schenk

Male
Number of posts : 113
Registration date : 2008-11-05

PostSubject: Re: Bothriechis lateralis   Bothriechis lateralis Icon_minitimeTue 23 Apr - 23:28

Hi Soleya, nice snake and pictures. Foger is not realy necessary, keep them with humid ground and spray about 3 times per week. Give them a waterbowl, you will see them going down to the ground in the nights and having a drink. Greets Rene
Back to top Go down
Soleya Witte
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper
Soleya Witte

Female

PostSubject: Re: Bothriechis lateralis   Bothriechis lateralis Icon_minitimeWed 24 Apr - 0:01

Thank you for your answer Smile. It's about 20 degrees in our living room.. So that should be fine.
We'll try to feed him today, so I'll hope he eats.
Back to top Go down
Hendrik Ulbrich

Male
Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2012-08-02

PostSubject: Re: Bothriechis lateralis   Bothriechis lateralis Icon_minitimeThu 25 Apr - 2:40

Hi,

I really like Bothriechis lateralis, even more than my bright yellow Bothriechis schlegelii! Someday.... Unfortunately they are not easy to get around here. The colors are incredible Smile
Back to top Go down
Soleya Witte
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper
Soleya Witte

Female

PostSubject: Re: Bothriechis lateralis   Bothriechis lateralis Icon_minitimeThu 25 Apr - 5:40

Thank you. It's an absolute privilege to have this animal in the collection. He already ate a mouse yesterday, so that's good..

I can't choose between my schlegelii and lateralis. But I think I would choose lateralis because they are so uncommon in the hobby.
Back to top Go down
Walter Silva
Snakemaster
Snakemaster
Walter Silva

Male
Number of posts : 385
Registration date : 2009-06-15

PostSubject: Re: Bothriechis lateralis   Bothriechis lateralis Icon_minitimeWed 5 Jun - 8:07

Hi Soleya:

I think so that Bothriechis and another pit viper of the mountain, like the cold room,,, I have Bothriopsis chloromelas in my job, and the temperature is 25 C in the morning, but at night is 21 to 22 C. In the feeding time, the Tº elevated to 2 - 3 C more.

Very nice lateralis !! I want it!!

Greetings from Perú
Back to top Go down
Hendrik Ulbrich

Male
Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2012-08-02

PostSubject: Re: Bothriechis lateralis   Bothriechis lateralis Icon_minitimeThu 6 Jun - 4:34

Photo update? :-)
Back to top Go down
Soleya Witte
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper
Soleya Witte

Female

PostSubject: Re: Bothriechis lateralis   Bothriechis lateralis Icon_minitimeFri 7 Jun - 0:07

Will make new pictures this weekend.. He's doing really well Smile.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bothriechis lateralis   Bothriechis lateralis Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bothriechis lateralis
Page 1 of 1