VenomLand
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please beware, to register at venomland you are requested to use your full name (first and family name) - nicknames are not allowed and will be not activated! thx

Dear Venomland Members and Friends, Venomland is a little more than 6 years old now and by far the biggest Hot Snake community on the Planet! We want to thank all of you who made Venomland the leading Board. We are also very thankful to our Moderators and Admins for years of hard work. Now, it is time to move on. I have been thinking how to proceed and what to do with our beloved board as we reach a size, that we need to make drastic changes to secure the future of our community. As of now, Venomland is hosted by a free (well mostly free) hosting service. That was good for the first years but now we need to find a new way to run our forum. I have spend hundreds of Dollars over the years to keep Venomland up and running, and i have done so with pleasure. Now, we need your help! We need to come up with several thousand dollars for our Venomland 2.0 project, which i frankly cant pay for any longer by myself. So Venomland is asking his Friends and Members for the first time for their financial Support. Please help to keep Venomland alive, and let us move on to a new, better Portal in the Future! Every Dollar is helping us a great deal. I know, its hard times for everyone, but please spare a few Dollar for our community. If you have only 10 Dollars to spare, we are grateful, if it is more, it would be awesome. We are planning to develop a very new Venomland, with real community functions, a forum like you are already loving it and a real (online) Hot Snake Magazin. Also, there will be download areas for scientific papers, Wallpapers and more. Again folks, we can only do that if you all help. Please send me a Private Message if you want to keep Venomland alive, i will provide you with the details on how to donate Money. For now, we can accept money from creditcards via skrill (please google it, its a free service - account-details will be forwarded to you) and paypal. All the best, and for a (hopefully) nice future of our Board. Mario

Golden-crowned Snake (Cacophis squamulosus)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Fabian Dirks
Serpent Chief
Serpent Chief
Fabian Dirks

Male
Number of posts : 766
Registration date : 2009-01-07

Golden-crowned Snake (Cacophis squamulosus) Empty
PostSubject: Golden-crowned Snake (Cacophis squamulosus)   Golden-crowned Snake (Cacophis squamulosus) Icon_minitimeWed 13 Oct - 3:14

To our Australian members

Are they common in Australia or are they kept often / sometimes ?

The defence behaviour looks interesting and they are really beauties in my eyes...
Have somebody kept them in Europe?

Studies about venom?

cheers Fabian
Back to top Go down
http://www.rear-fanged.com
Jack Hinde
Jack Hinde

Male
Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2010-07-07

PostSubject: Re: Golden-crowned Snake (Cacophis squamulosus)   Golden-crowned Snake (Cacophis squamulosus) Icon_minitimeThu 14 Oct - 16:58

A very common species where I live on the NSW south coast. the defence bluff is really impressive for a little snake. They strike, but just headbutt with a closed mouth, and i dont know anyone who has had a nip. I imagine the venom is not much to worry about.
They are a very rare species in captivity considering their abundance. I know of one keeper only in this state. I would love to get hold of them some day myself.
i'll dig out a photo on the weekend and put it up.
Back to top Go down
Fabian Dirks
Serpent Chief
Serpent Chief
Fabian Dirks

Male
Number of posts : 766
Registration date : 2009-01-07

PostSubject: Re: Golden-crowned Snake (Cacophis squamulosus)   Golden-crowned Snake (Cacophis squamulosus) Icon_minitimeSun 17 Oct - 23:21

Thx Jack!
Unlucky enough I had no luck to find them on the NSW south coast ( maybe next time )
Please post some pics!

cheers Fabian
Back to top Go down
http://www.rear-fanged.com
Jack Hinde
Jack Hinde

Male
Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2010-07-07

PostSubject: Re: Golden-crowned Snake (Cacophis squamulosus)   Golden-crowned Snake (Cacophis squamulosus) Icon_minitimeTue 9 Nov - 17:20

here is a little local doing its threat display on my fingers, taken on my mates dodgy 1.8 megapixel. i'll post more shots as i find more animals- but will borrow the girlfriends camera for a decent image!Golden-crowned Snake (Cacophis squamulosus) Little10
Back to top Go down
Jonas Hill
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer
Jonas Hill

Male
Number of posts : 115
Registration date : 2010-01-21

PostSubject: Re: Golden-crowned Snake (Cacophis squamulosus)   Golden-crowned Snake (Cacophis squamulosus) Icon_minitimeTue 9 Nov - 17:53

thank you for sharing! Really nice little snake.
Back to top Go down
http://www.realsnakes.de
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Golden-crowned Snake (Cacophis squamulosus)   Golden-crowned Snake (Cacophis squamulosus) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Golden-crowned Snake (Cacophis squamulosus)
Page 1 of 1