VenomLand
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please beware, to register at venomland you are requested to use your full name (first and family name) - nicknames are not allowed and will be not activated! thx

Dear Venomland Members and Friends, Venomland is a little more than 6 years old now and by far the biggest Hot Snake community on the Planet! We want to thank all of you who made Venomland the leading Board. We are also very thankful to our Moderators and Admins for years of hard work. Now, it is time to move on. I have been thinking how to proceed and what to do with our beloved board as we reach a size, that we need to make drastic changes to secure the future of our community. As of now, Venomland is hosted by a free (well mostly free) hosting service. That was good for the first years but now we need to find a new way to run our forum. I have spend hundreds of Dollars over the years to keep Venomland up and running, and i have done so with pleasure. Now, we need your help! We need to come up with several thousand dollars for our Venomland 2.0 project, which i frankly cant pay for any longer by myself. So Venomland is asking his Friends and Members for the first time for their financial Support. Please help to keep Venomland alive, and let us move on to a new, better Portal in the Future! Every Dollar is helping us a great deal. I know, its hard times for everyone, but please spare a few Dollar for our community. If you have only 10 Dollars to spare, we are grateful, if it is more, it would be awesome. We are planning to develop a very new Venomland, with real community functions, a forum like you are already loving it and a real (online) Hot Snake Magazin. Also, there will be download areas for scientific papers, Wallpapers and more. Again folks, we can only do that if you all help. Please send me a Private Message if you want to keep Venomland alive, i will provide you with the details on how to donate Money. For now, we can accept money from creditcards via skrill (please google it, its a free service - account-details will be forwarded to you) and paypal. All the best, and for a (hopefully) nice future of our Board. Mario

Naja nigricincta, breeding in captivity?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Mario Lutz
Lord of the Serpents
Lord of the Serpents
Mario Lutz

Male
Number of posts : 1416
Registration date : 2008-03-06

Naja nigricincta, breeding in captivity? Empty
PostSubject: Naja nigricincta, breeding in captivity?   Naja nigricincta, breeding in captivity? Icon_minitimeMon 5 May - 18:35

i am just wondering, i heard - nobody breed Naja nigricincta in captivity so far...
is that information right? and if yes, why would that be difficult to breed them?

some information said, they always having trouble, pairing them up - the female ate the male all the time, huh?

well, i keep my semi-adults together since they arrived here. ... i know, i have been warned, i can see all of your points...

Naja nigricincta, breeding in captivity? Nigric10
but take a look at this picture, are´nt they sweet? lets see, if it stays like it for good..

i feed them separately of course, and have them taken a bath after been feed to remove the smell...

cheers
Mario
Back to top Go down
http://www.venomland.org
Peter Pastor
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer
Peter Pastor

Number of posts : 204
Registration date : 2008-03-08

PostSubject: Re: Naja nigricincta, breeding in captivity?   Naja nigricincta, breeding in captivity? Icon_minitimeMon 5 May - 23:06

Hi Mario,

as I told you, so far I don`t know about any breeding of this species, but maybe I am wrong. A friend of us told me in Hamm (March 2008), that he got infertile eggs from his pair last year. Female was still young, so maybe that was the reason... We will see if he has more luck this year.

We keep our 2 main (I mean adult) pairs separatelly. One big cage is divided into two equal parts. There is an hole between them, which can be opened in the case of need. Few weeks ago we tried to put female into cage of the male. She was introduced into his half of the cage. When they recognized each other, they started to escape into different dirrections. Now we just opened the hole between the cages, and let them do what they want. One male showed an interest in female, but she escaped from him again... Well, today in the morning I found both pairs together (each pair is separate cage, of course) laying together body next to body in hidding place. They are not nervous anymore, and also not aggressive against each other. So we will see if they can do something for us...
It would be surely amazing occasion Rolling Eyes

All the best,
Peter P.
Back to top Go down
Randy Ciuros
Serpent Chief
Serpent Chief
Randy Ciuros

Male
Number of posts : 585
Registration date : 2008-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Naja nigricincta, breeding in captivity?   Naja nigricincta, breeding in captivity? Icon_minitimeTue 6 May - 0:07

They are cute Mario. Like puppies laying with their heads together. Jim Keenan recently posted pics of his Arizona Black Rattlesnakes in the Crotalus section. Jim is a good friend of mine. I was keeping the AZ. Blacks at my house for him for a short time. The pair that had bred right before he got them stayed together in the same cage at my house, and they were always cuddled up with each other. Made me laugh everytime I checked on them, seeing their heads right next to each other or the male would put his head on top of hers. Some of my Cobras do the same things. And to think some people believe they are just killing machines out to get them.

Hey Peter Hopefully I'll be able to try breeding nigricincta in the not to distant future. You would think they would be not much different than other African Spitters. I've heard that several species of African Cobras have been know to eat each other, but I have not experienced it myself. I had adult Red Spitters a few years ago, and I put them together several times to see if they would breed. They never bred, but they never showed any aggression or fear towards each other.
Back to top Go down
http://www.venomstreet.com
Peter Pastor
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer
Peter Pastor

Number of posts : 204
Registration date : 2008-03-08

PostSubject: Re: Naja nigricincta, breeding in captivity?   Naja nigricincta, breeding in captivity? Icon_minitimeWed 7 May - 5:19

I am sure you will have such possibility sooner or later, Randy Wink

We are keeping our Red spitters together as well, and there are no problems with them at all... Our animals are young, females approx. 4 years old (bred by us!), males are WC, so we don`t know their exact age. Anyway, they surprisingly bred for us last year for the first time. They season is in second half of the year over here, so we can`t wait to see if something will happen this year again...

Best regards,
Peter P.
Back to top Go down
Randy Ciuros
Serpent Chief
Serpent Chief
Randy Ciuros

Male
Number of posts : 585
Registration date : 2008-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Naja nigricincta, breeding in captivity?   Naja nigricincta, breeding in captivity? Icon_minitimeWed 7 May - 9:50

Good luck Peter. My adult Red Spitter male was very old, very big, and very dark red. My female wasn't full grown when I got her, but she stayed very bright red as she got older. I need to find some now that I have none.
Back to top Go down
http://www.venomstreet.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Naja nigricincta, breeding in captivity?   Naja nigricincta, breeding in captivity? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Naja nigricincta, breeding in captivity?
Page 1 of 1