VenomLand
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please beware, to register at venomland you are requested to use your full name (first and family name) - nicknames are not allowed and will be not activated! thx

Dear Venomland Members and Friends, Venomland is a little more than 6 years old now and by far the biggest Hot Snake community on the Planet! We want to thank all of you who made Venomland the leading Board. We are also very thankful to our Moderators and Admins for years of hard work. Now, it is time to move on. I have been thinking how to proceed and what to do with our beloved board as we reach a size, that we need to make drastic changes to secure the future of our community. As of now, Venomland is hosted by a free (well mostly free) hosting service. That was good for the first years but now we need to find a new way to run our forum. I have spend hundreds of Dollars over the years to keep Venomland up and running, and i have done so with pleasure. Now, we need your help! We need to come up with several thousand dollars for our Venomland 2.0 project, which i frankly cant pay for any longer by myself. So Venomland is asking his Friends and Members for the first time for their financial Support. Please help to keep Venomland alive, and let us move on to a new, better Portal in the Future! Every Dollar is helping us a great deal. I know, its hard times for everyone, but please spare a few Dollar for our community. If you have only 10 Dollars to spare, we are grateful, if it is more, it would be awesome. We are planning to develop a very new Venomland, with real community functions, a forum like you are already loving it and a real (online) Hot Snake Magazin. Also, there will be download areas for scientific papers, Wallpapers and more. Again folks, we can only do that if you all help. Please send me a Private Message if you want to keep Venomland alive, i will provide you with the details on how to donate Money. For now, we can accept money from creditcards via skrill (please google it, its a free service - account-details will be forwarded to you) and paypal. All the best, and for a (hopefully) nice future of our Board. Mario

B.lateralis CB update

Go down 
+5
Peter van Issem
TJ Giles
Michael Jonasson
Ralph Tümmers
Rene Schenk
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Rene Schenk
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer
Rene Schenk

Male
Number of posts : 113
Registration date : 2008-11-05

B.lateralis CB update Empty
PostSubject: B.lateralis CB update   B.lateralis CB update Icon_minitimeTue 23 Nov - 15:50

Sorry guys for molesting you again.
But at least one will like this. The babies are changing colours, or bether, they are fading out.
This is the last one still having a nice red tan.

B.lateralis CB update 2010_117

B.lateralis CB update 2010_118

B.lateralis CB update 2010_119

B.lateralis CB update 2010_120

B.lateralis CB update 2010_121

Greets
Rene
@ Ralph you found a female;-)
Back to top Go down
Ralph Tümmers
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer
Ralph Tümmers

Male
Number of posts : 176
Registration date : 2008-04-26

PostSubject: Re: B.lateralis CB update   B.lateralis CB update Icon_minitimeWed 24 Nov - 1:01

Hello Rene,
great pics ...greedy hungry little monster Smile
Oh i found ,great ...just contact me .
Greets Ralph
Back to top Go down
http://www.viperworld.de
Michael Jonasson
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer
Michael Jonasson

Male
Number of posts : 153
Registration date : 2009-10-21

PostSubject: Re: B.lateralis CB update   B.lateralis CB update Icon_minitimeWed 24 Nov - 1:18

If this is what you call "Molesting people" its a very pleasant way of beeing molested...bring it on Smile Im lovin it!! Laughing
Back to top Go down
TJ Giles
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper
TJ Giles

Male
Number of posts : 61
Registration date : 2010-09-25

PostSubject: Re: B.lateralis CB update   B.lateralis CB update Icon_minitimeThu 25 Nov - 1:46

Beautiful little fellow!
Back to top Go down
Peter van Issem
Serpent Chief
Serpent Chief
Peter van Issem

Male
Number of posts : 707
Registration date : 2009-03-08

PostSubject: Re: B.lateralis CB update   B.lateralis CB update Icon_minitimeThu 25 Nov - 3:01

Hi Rene,
I´m wondering about, that the feed on the ground! Like some ,,Trimeresurus s.l.´´ Species, I think the will only acceped the food only by hanging position , like:hanging from a branch or so on...
Back to top Go down
Israel M. Sánchez
Snakemaster
Snakemaster
Israel M. Sánchez

Male
Number of posts : 259
Registration date : 2010-02-03

PostSubject: Re: B.lateralis CB update   B.lateralis CB update Icon_minitimeThu 25 Nov - 14:37

When they are very small like this one, some arboreal species release prey if not resting on a surface. It happened to me when my C. albolabris were small babies. I think that if they notice a very heavy food item (a complete pinkie seems to be like that), they spit it, and having it placed on a flat surface eliminates this perception and they start to swalllow the prey.
Back to top Go down
Arjan Breedveld
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer
Arjan Breedveld

Male
Number of posts : 160
Registration date : 2010-11-25

PostSubject: Re: B.lateralis CB update   B.lateralis CB update Icon_minitimeThu 25 Nov - 21:28

Hello Rene,

I'm new here, just wanted too say you got some beautifull animals there.
Did not know the juvies are born brown, very interesting.

Wish I could make pictures like that.
I'll bet you got some fancy equipment
I got one male Schlegelii myself and it is an beauty also.
But lateralis is for sure high on my "to keep list". You don't see them often (enough).

Greetings Arjan.
Back to top Go down
Marthinus C. Harmse
Snakemaster
Snakemaster
Marthinus C. Harmse

Male
Number of posts : 254
Registration date : 2009-04-18

PostSubject: Re: B.lateralis CB update   B.lateralis CB update Icon_minitimeThu 25 Nov - 23:08

Awesome pictures of great snakes.
Thanks.
Back to top Go down
Rene Schenk
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer
Rene Schenk

Male
Number of posts : 113
Registration date : 2008-11-05

PostSubject: Re: B.lateralis CB update   B.lateralis CB update Icon_minitimeFri 26 Nov - 14:45

Thanx for the coments.
Usual i feed in the box where they are kept. But this litle girl was so into food, i could lift her out with the branch she was sitting on, and placed her on the table. She just left the branch with the prey and carried on eating. But you are right, some drop the food when i close the lid to soon. But character's are different.
Rene
Back to top Go down
Gustav Eloy
Serpent Chief
Serpent Chief
Gustav Eloy

Male
Number of posts : 662
Registration date : 2010-09-09

PostSubject: Re: B.lateralis CB update   B.lateralis CB update Icon_minitimeWed 8 Dec - 15:38

awesome, congrats on this babies, do you have more pics how do they look now??
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: B.lateralis CB update   B.lateralis CB update Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

B.lateralis CB update
Page 1 of 1