VenomLand
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please beware, to register at venomland you are requested to use your full name (first and family name) - nicknames are not allowed and will be not activated! thx

Dear Venomland Members and Friends, Venomland is a little more than 6 years old now and by far the biggest Hot Snake community on the Planet! We want to thank all of you who made Venomland the leading Board. We are also very thankful to our Moderators and Admins for years of hard work. Now, it is time to move on. I have been thinking how to proceed and what to do with our beloved board as we reach a size, that we need to make drastic changes to secure the future of our community. As of now, Venomland is hosted by a free (well mostly free) hosting service. That was good for the first years but now we need to find a new way to run our forum. I have spend hundreds of Dollars over the years to keep Venomland up and running, and i have done so with pleasure. Now, we need your help! We need to come up with several thousand dollars for our Venomland 2.0 project, which i frankly cant pay for any longer by myself. So Venomland is asking his Friends and Members for the first time for their financial Support. Please help to keep Venomland alive, and let us move on to a new, better Portal in the Future! Every Dollar is helping us a great deal. I know, its hard times for everyone, but please spare a few Dollar for our community. If you have only 10 Dollars to spare, we are grateful, if it is more, it would be awesome. We are planning to develop a very new Venomland, with real community functions, a forum like you are already loving it and a real (online) Hot Snake Magazin. Also, there will be download areas for scientific papers, Wallpapers and more. Again folks, we can only do that if you all help. Please send me a Private Message if you want to keep Venomland alive, i will provide you with the details on how to donate Money. For now, we can accept money from creditcards via skrill (please google it, its a free service - account-details will be forwarded to you) and paypal. All the best, and for a (hopefully) nice future of our Board. Mario

Ovophis okinavensis and Ovophis tonkinensis

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Stefan Wennekes
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer
Stefan Wennekes

Male
Number of posts : 157
Registration date : 2009-07-01

Ovophis okinavensis and Ovophis tonkinensis Empty
PostSubject: Ovophis okinavensis and Ovophis tonkinensis   Ovophis okinavensis and Ovophis tonkinensis Icon_minitimeSun 23 Jan - 21:17

Hi All.

just wanted to show some of my favorite snakes in my collection.
hopefully i can add more species in the future because Ovophis are just absolutely great snakes Very Happy

first my female Ovophis okinavenis, cb2004, Okinawa
Ovophis okinavensis and Ovophis tonkinensis DSCF1679
i got 1.1 off these in Hamm 2010, was looking a long time to get these and am really happy with them,
hope to breed them in 2011 or 2012 after their setteld, zo i can trade the offspring against more Ovophis Very Happy

i also have 1.1 Ovophis tonkinensis, cb2007, TamDau
Ovophis okinavensis and Ovophis tonkinensis Afb67 female

Ovophis okinavensis and Ovophis tonkinensis Afb102male

hope you liked them Smile

Best Regards
Stefan
Back to top Go down
http://www.oldworldophidia.com/indexeng.html

PostSubject: Re: Ovophis okinavensis and Ovophis tonkinensis   Ovophis okinavensis and Ovophis tonkinensis Icon_minitimeSun 23 Jan - 21:35

tonkinensis is very nice Cool ovophis are nice snakes
Back to top Go down
Michael Jonasson
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer
Michael Jonasson

Male
Number of posts : 153
Registration date : 2009-10-21

PostSubject: Re: Ovophis okinavensis and Ovophis tonkinensis   Ovophis okinavensis and Ovophis tonkinensis Icon_minitimeSun 23 Jan - 22:24

Nice okinavensis Stefan, she looks like a sturdy built lady Smile

Me too love ovophis ssp. but i only have 1.0 O.tonkinensis but i am hopefully getting 0.1 the coming weekend. How do you keep yours? I keep my male in a plastiv shoeboc of 25L he is about 40cm now and i planning to move him to a terraria soon, would it be possible to see your setup here?
I have some pictures of my tonkin male hope you dont mind me posting them here.

Ovophis okinavensis and Ovophis tonkinensis DSC_0146

Ovophis okinavensis and Ovophis tonkinensis DSC_0144

Ovophis okinavensis and Ovophis tonkinensis DSC_0143

Ovophis okinavensis and Ovophis tonkinensis DSC_0142

Ovophis okinavensis and Ovophis tonkinensis DSC_0136
Back to top Go down
Stefan Wennekes
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer
Stefan Wennekes

Male

PostSubject: Re: Ovophis okinavensis and Ovophis tonkinensis   Ovophis okinavensis and Ovophis tonkinensis Icon_minitimeMon 24 Jan - 0:21

Thanks guys Smile

@Michael, nice looking tonkinensis you have there Wink they are great snakes
I keep my animals in a Terrarium of 80x60x50 each.
with a 10cm thick layer of earth and moss. Decorated with some cork and live plants
i will upload some foto's so you can check them out,

at the moment i am building an terrarium that measures 125x80x60
This one is for my 1.1 Ovophis okinavensis
Back to top Go down
Stefan Wennekes
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer
Stefan Wennekes

Male

PostSubject: Re: Ovophis okinavensis and Ovophis tonkinensis   Ovophis okinavensis and Ovophis tonkinensis Icon_minitimeMon 24 Jan - 0:32

here are some foto's with the enclosures I started of with for the Ovophis tonkinensis

Ovophis okinavensis and Ovophis tonkinensis Terra10
Ovophis okinavensis and Ovophis tonkinensis Terrarium

her you can see the female in it Smile
Ovophis okinavensis and Ovophis tonkinensis OvophisokinavensisTamDaoVietnamFemaleOvophis okinavensis and Ovophis tonkinensis Ovophistonkinensis3

some times i needed to play hide and seek, but when you learn you animals his/hers behaviour this shouldend be a problem.
at the moment the terraria are decorated a little diffrent. but the concept stayed the same.
soon i will update my website, then i can show you more if you like >??

The okinavensis are kept a little more diffrent, more like T puniceus they dont like a ground thats to moist and they seem to dislike to be sprayed . more on this also soon on the website.

Greatings
Stefan
Back to top Go down
Michael Jonasson
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer
Michael Jonasson

Male
Number of posts : 153
Registration date : 2009-10-21

PostSubject: Re: Ovophis okinavensis and Ovophis tonkinensis   Ovophis okinavensis and Ovophis tonkinensis Icon_minitimeMon 24 Jan - 3:39

Cool and thanks for the pictures and im looking forward to checking out your website.

Just got confirmed that im getting the tonkinensis female next weekend Smile
Back to top Go down
borja barrenetxea

Male
Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2011-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Ovophis okinavensis and Ovophis tonkinensis   Ovophis okinavensis and Ovophis tonkinensis Icon_minitimeMon 24 Jan - 5:35

wow very natrural terrariums,my plants died
Back to top Go down
Stefan Wennekes
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer
Stefan Wennekes

Male

PostSubject: Re: Ovophis okinavensis and Ovophis tonkinensis   Ovophis okinavensis and Ovophis tonkinensis Icon_minitimeMon 24 Jan - 5:46

@ Michael, no problem. and Congrats with your female. cant have enough Ovophis Very Happy

@ Borja, thank you, her also sometimes plants die, like most Fern spss.
But plants like Ficus and Epiprimnum and Hedera grow well in these types of enclosure,
Back to top Go down
Mike Spencer
Snakemaster
Snakemaster
Mike Spencer

Male
Number of posts : 386
Registration date : 2010-06-27

PostSubject: Re: Ovophis okinavensis and Ovophis tonkinensis   Ovophis okinavensis and Ovophis tonkinensis Icon_minitimeMon 24 Jan - 8:16

Nice, man. Thanks for sharing.
Back to top Go down
http://www.michaelrayspencer.com
Mats Olsson

Male
Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2011-02-02

PostSubject: Re: Ovophis okinavensis and Ovophis tonkinensis   Ovophis okinavensis and Ovophis tonkinensis Icon_minitimeTue 8 Feb - 18:01

Hallo!
My frend tanks fore your mail Very Happy my terrarium shall be 80*45*50 3st
and 110*60*60 3st

i slowly starting up my reptilian hobby after 15 yers hold up .

I wonder if i can come to Holland i wised you maby.

i shall by frome a frend 1 female Gloydius blomhoffi fore start.

bounce Mats
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ovophis okinavensis and Ovophis tonkinensis   Ovophis okinavensis and Ovophis tonkinensis Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ovophis okinavensis and Ovophis tonkinensis
Page 1 of 1