VenomLand
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please beware, to register at venomland you are requested to use your full name (first and family name) - nicknames are not allowed and will be not activated! thx

Dear Venomland Members and Friends, Venomland is a little more than 6 years old now and by far the biggest Hot Snake community on the Planet! We want to thank all of you who made Venomland the leading Board. We are also very thankful to our Moderators and Admins for years of hard work. Now, it is time to move on. I have been thinking how to proceed and what to do with our beloved board as we reach a size, that we need to make drastic changes to secure the future of our community. As of now, Venomland is hosted by a free (well mostly free) hosting service. That was good for the first years but now we need to find a new way to run our forum. I have spend hundreds of Dollars over the years to keep Venomland up and running, and i have done so with pleasure. Now, we need your help! We need to come up with several thousand dollars for our Venomland 2.0 project, which i frankly cant pay for any longer by myself. So Venomland is asking his Friends and Members for the first time for their financial Support. Please help to keep Venomland alive, and let us move on to a new, better Portal in the Future! Every Dollar is helping us a great deal. I know, its hard times for everyone, but please spare a few Dollar for our community. If you have only 10 Dollars to spare, we are grateful, if it is more, it would be awesome. We are planning to develop a very new Venomland, with real community functions, a forum like you are already loving it and a real (online) Hot Snake Magazin. Also, there will be download areas for scientific papers, Wallpapers and more. Again folks, we can only do that if you all help. Please send me a Private Message if you want to keep Venomland alive, i will provide you with the details on how to donate Money. For now, we can accept money from creditcards via skrill (please google it, its a free service - account-details will be forwarded to you) and paypal. All the best, and for a (hopefully) nice future of our Board. Mario

Bad news - Death by Crotalus durissus

Go down 
+46
Klaus Roemer
Patrick Waffek
Jake Hawthorne
Sascha Beckhoff
Jason Will
Graeme Skinner
Harold van der Ploeg
Simon Ball
Markus Gottlieb
Nigel Sowter
ralf webbink
Daisy Tennyson
Brian Petrie
Paul Batchelor
Alexandru Strugariu
Vangelis Rokkos
Kelly Chabak
Walter Silva
Tim Hallam
Peter van Issem
David Nixon
Jorg Schenkels
Ambros Mathier
Jaroslav Karhánek
Stefan Anthonijsz
Randy Ciuros
Robert Adamski
Israel M. Sánchez
Alvaro Varela
Jon Davidson
Bostjan Kraner
Peter Schulze Niehoff
Ewald Wassink
Carlos Taube
Rainer Fesser
Peter Pastor
Fabian Dirks
Ralph Tümmers
Guenter Leitenbauer
Wolfgang Wüster
Daniel Hediger
Mike Spencer
Marco Buegel
Johan Pennanen
Michael Bollhorn
Peter Zürcher
50 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Klaus Roemer
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer

Male
Number of posts : 222
Registration date : 2011-03-26

Bad news - Death by Crotalus durissus - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bad news - Death by Crotalus durissus   Bad news - Death by Crotalus durissus - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 30 Mar - 23:32

From the limited information available I deduce that this must have been an 'accident on top of an accident'. The first accident of course was the bite itself. The rapid progression of life-threatening symptoms however indicate to me that either a large vessel must have been hit, or that an anaphylactic reaction (immune system over-reaction) must have ensued (or both). Here at our clinic we have witnessed a patient developing anaphylaxy following drug treatment - just horrible. In severe cases one can watch such unlucky people going downhill within minutes without anyone being able to help. Very sad indeed.
Back to top Go down
Peter Zürcher
Admin
Admin
Peter Zürcher

Male
Number of posts : 1266
Registration date : 2008-03-06

PostSubject: Re: Bad news - Death by Crotalus durissus   Bad news - Death by Crotalus durissus - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 31 Mar - 0:30

I have published some more information on my website today, Klaus.

Unfortunately only in german language - I will translate it for our english speaking VenomLand-members in a few days.

http://www.reptilienzoonockalm.at/Unfall%20Dirk.htm

regards
Peter
Back to top Go down
http://www.reptilienzoonockalm.at
Klaus Roemer
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer

Male
Number of posts : 222
Registration date : 2011-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Bad news - Death by Crotalus durissus   Bad news - Death by Crotalus durissus - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 31 Mar - 1:44

Thanks for the detailed info, Peter. Looks indeed a lot as if a massive direct intravenous venom injection has taken place. Sorry, man.

I've been keeping and breeding Crotalus d. terrificus (former subspecies 'collilineatus' from the central Brazilian state of Goias, to be precise) for many years. My animals are not aggressive at all. There is however one characteristic about them that I find most remarkable: They can cover a shocking striking distance that is much greater than that of most other crotalids of comparable size I had contact with. My most important advice to terrificus-herpetoculturists therefore is: keep distance!

Klaus
Back to top Go down
Stefan Anthonijsz
Serpent Chief
Serpent Chief
Stefan Anthonijsz

Male
Number of posts : 556
Registration date : 2009-09-29

PostSubject: Re: Bad news - Death by Crotalus durissus   Bad news - Death by Crotalus durissus - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 31 Mar - 8:17

Thank you Peter for some more details, I think we can all learn from it... Hope to get the English version soon because German isn't my favourite and best language...
Back to top Go down
Guenter Leitenbauer
Lord of the Serpents
Lord of the Serpents
Guenter Leitenbauer

Male
Number of posts : 1389
Registration date : 2008-05-17

PostSubject: Re: Bad news - Death by Crotalus durissus   Bad news - Death by Crotalus durissus - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 31 Mar - 22:23

Important article Peter - there was written so much about this in the newspapers. Most of it was not very useful, incorrect or simply invented.
Back to top Go down
http://www.leitenbauer.net
jean-henri pastore
Snakemaster
Snakemaster

Male
Number of posts : 340
Registration date : 2009-11-13

PostSubject: Re: Bad news - Death by Crotalus durissus   Bad news - Death by Crotalus durissus - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 31 Mar - 23:03

Very sorry for you and your friend's family Peter, it's a very sad story.....
Hope i can learn more about your article in english......I understand nothing in german.... Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Jakob H. Christensen
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer
Jakob H. Christensen

Male
Number of posts : 129
Registration date : 2008-04-21

PostSubject: Re: Bad news - Death by Crotalus durissus   Bad news - Death by Crotalus durissus - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 31 Mar - 23:58

Hi Peter,

It must be a terrible experience.
My condolence goes to you and the family of your friend.

Though Google Translate is not perfect, it'll translate Peters article well enough, to understand what happend
German->English translation w. Google
Back to top Go down
http://www.jhcreptiles.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bad news - Death by Crotalus durissus   Bad news - Death by Crotalus durissus - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bad news - Death by Crotalus durissus
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3