VenomLand
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please beware, to register at venomland you are requested to use your full name (first and family name) - nicknames are not allowed and will be not activated! thx

Dear Venomland Members and Friends, Venomland is a little more than 6 years old now and by far the biggest Hot Snake community on the Planet! We want to thank all of you who made Venomland the leading Board. We are also very thankful to our Moderators and Admins for years of hard work. Now, it is time to move on. I have been thinking how to proceed and what to do with our beloved board as we reach a size, that we need to make drastic changes to secure the future of our community. As of now, Venomland is hosted by a free (well mostly free) hosting service. That was good for the first years but now we need to find a new way to run our forum. I have spend hundreds of Dollars over the years to keep Venomland up and running, and i have done so with pleasure. Now, we need your help! We need to come up with several thousand dollars for our Venomland 2.0 project, which i frankly cant pay for any longer by myself. So Venomland is asking his Friends and Members for the first time for their financial Support. Please help to keep Venomland alive, and let us move on to a new, better Portal in the Future! Every Dollar is helping us a great deal. I know, its hard times for everyone, but please spare a few Dollar for our community. If you have only 10 Dollars to spare, we are grateful, if it is more, it would be awesome. We are planning to develop a very new Venomland, with real community functions, a forum like you are already loving it and a real (online) Hot Snake Magazin. Also, there will be download areas for scientific papers, Wallpapers and more. Again folks, we can only do that if you all help. Please send me a Private Message if you want to keep Venomland alive, i will provide you with the details on how to donate Money. For now, we can accept money from creditcards via skrill (please google it, its a free service - account-details will be forwarded to you) and paypal. All the best, and for a (hopefully) nice future of our Board. Mario

King cobra video from Agumbe

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

King cobra video from Agumbe Empty
PostSubject: King cobra video from Agumbe   King cobra video from Agumbe Icon_minitimeSun 17 Apr - 23:31

Hi, folks. Thought you might like to see what I shot in 2010. Enjoy.

https://www.youtube.com/user/kingcobrafan
Back to top Go down
Jon Davidson
Serpent Chief
Serpent Chief
Jon Davidson

Male
Number of posts : 512
Registration date : 2009-02-28

PostSubject: Re: King cobra video from Agumbe   King cobra video from Agumbe Icon_minitimeMon 18 Apr - 0:56

What is depicted in this link and accompanying videos is, in my view, a clear improvement over previous 'Youtube' type postings of 'exciting adventures with venomous snakes' (such as, for example: http://www.venomdoc.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=4591&start=0&sid=d2a34cd62a2576e89763967ae ) Sincerely, Jon Davidson . Writer's edit: Good to see that the original videos that were posted on the Venomdoc site have been removed and replaced by the series presented on this site...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: King cobra video from Agumbe   King cobra video from Agumbe Icon_minitimeSun 24 Apr - 23:03

Jon Davidson wrote:
What is depicted in this link and accompanying videos is, in my view, a clear improvement over previous 'Youtube' type postings of 'exciting adventures with venomous snakes' (such as, for example: http://www.venomdoc.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=4591&start=0&sid=d2a34cd62a2576e89763967ae ) Sincerely, Jon Davidson . Writer's edit: Good to see that the original videos that were posted on the Venomdoc site have been removed and replaced by the series presented on this site...

You were given perfectly valid explanation as to the content of the original batch of video. I find it extremely weak that you dug up a nearly year-old thread in your attempted (and failed) quest to make me look bad. Imagine your surprise when you found the "offending" video had been removed. I only wish I could have seen your face. You know what the best part is? The fact that you were trying so hard to embarrass me that, in linking the thread, you allowed the entire readership of this forum to see the exact same valid explanation you were given. Called karma, I believe.

Most sincerely,
Bill Huseth
Back to top Go down
Jon Davidson
Serpent Chief
Serpent Chief
Jon Davidson

Male

PostSubject: Re: King cobra video from Agumbe   King cobra video from Agumbe Icon_minitimeMon 25 Apr - 0:36

Bill Huseth wrote:
Jon Davidson wrote:

You were given perfectly valid explanation as to the content of the original batch of video. I find it extremely weak that you dug up a nearly year-old thread in your attempted (and failed) quest to make me look bad. Imagine your surprise when you found the "offending" video had been removed. I only wish I could have seen your face. You know what the best part is? The fact that you were trying so hard to embarrass me that, in linking the thread, you allowed the entire readership of this forum to see the exact same valid explanation you were given. Called karma, I believe.

Most sincerely,
Bill Huseth
In my view, 'weakness' is posting something contentious while remaining anonymous on the internet( Please refer to your posting on the Venomdoc site). If you feel so strongly about the correctness of your position on this matter, then why not post the original- unedited or modified- version of your video here, on this site? Lets see what the consensus is regarding your friend's 'handling techniques' here on Venomland? Sincerely, Jon Davidson .
Back to top Go down
Guenter Leitenbauer
Lord of the Serpents
Lord of the Serpents
Guenter Leitenbauer

Male
Number of posts : 1389
Registration date : 2008-05-17

PostSubject: Re: King cobra video from Agumbe   King cobra video from Agumbe Icon_minitimeMon 25 Apr - 2:27

I don't want to see the photos taken here. Was it a 28-70 lens? There will be more of the sorrounding landscape on the pictures than of the snake. I call this "Show photography".
Use a tele lens and/or go nearer and try to catch it on eye level. Pictures of snakes from above are scrap.

A photographers point of view ...
Back to top Go down
http://www.leitenbauer.net

PostSubject: Re: King cobra video from Agumbe   King cobra video from Agumbe Icon_minitimeMon 25 Apr - 9:46

Jon Davidson wrote:
Bill Huseth wrote:
Jon Davidson wrote:

Most sincerely,
Bill Huseth
In my view, 'weakness' is posting something contentious while remaining anonymous on the internet( Please refer to your posting on the Venomdoc site). If you feel so strongly about the correctness of your position on this matter, then why not post the original- unedited or modified- version of your video here, on this site? Lets see what the consensus is regarding your friend's 'handling techniques' here on Venomland? Sincerely, Jon Davidson .

Anonymous? Not with the signature "Venomous snakes---best hobby on earth! Bill Huseth" under each post. And you're not going to bait me into reposting the original video, either. Gowri Shankar's reputation as a handler is spotless among the herping world. He requested that the original video be edited so that animal rights groups didn't start an uproar. Once again, you had it explained to you why the footage looked as it did. Spin it any way you want.
Back to top Go down
Jon Davidson
Serpent Chief
Serpent Chief
Jon Davidson

Male

PostSubject: Re: King cobra video from Agumbe   King cobra video from Agumbe Icon_minitimeMon 25 Apr - 11:23

Bill Huseth wrote:

Anonymous? Not with the signature "Venomous snakes---best hobby on earth! Bill Huseth" under each post. And you're not going to bait me into reposting the original video, either. Gowri Shankar's reputation as a handler is spotless among the herping world. He requested that the original video be edited so that animal rights groups didn't start an uproar. Once again, you had it explained to you why the footage looked as it did. Spin it any way you want.
You post a provocative video on a well known web site under a pseudonym. You refuse to address the main point of rebuttal- whether deliberately or otherwise- and respond to the legitimate critical observations of an experienced person by using a foul mouthed acronym. Then later, you go back and surreptitiously edit/delete/modify the video- without comment- in an effort to cast yourself and your friend in a more favourable light. Now you're here on this site posting a new and improved version of your video. So... If your friend's reputation as a handler is so 'spotless' then why not post the original, unedited version of your video here on this site so that all the Venomland members can see it and decide for themselves on the merit of this individual's snake handling techniques? Perhaps you could tell us why the animal rights folks might start an 'uproar' over what was depicted in the original video? What are you and your friend with a spotless reputation so afraid of...? Sincerely, Jon Davidson .
Back to top Go down
Peter Zürcher
Admin
Admin
Peter Zürcher

Male
Number of posts : 1266
Registration date : 2008-03-06

PostSubject: Re: King cobra video from Agumbe   King cobra video from Agumbe Icon_minitimeMon 25 Apr - 20:01

Maybe you should post part one of your king cobra videos here, Mr. Huseth?
I'm not used to start with chapter 2 reading a book - same in video series.
Maybe part one could be the key to a complete understanding of this thread here?

and here some other videos (for those who don't now it) by Rom Whitaker:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HPXS2_taLKs&feature=player_embedded

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XV6JY3Rx5mY&feature=related

regards
Peter
Back to top Go down
http://www.reptilienzoonockalm.at
Jon Davidson
Serpent Chief
Serpent Chief
Jon Davidson

Male

PostSubject: Re: King cobra video from Agumbe   King cobra video from Agumbe Icon_minitimeMon 25 Apr - 23:22

Peter Zürcher wrote:

and here some other videos (for those who don't now it) by Rom Whitaker:

Thank you for posting the two links, Mr. Zurcher. In these videos, Mr. Whitaker has done a commendable job in enlightening and educating the public about the true nature of snakes. Sincerely, Jon Davidson .
Back to top Go down
Peter Zürcher
Admin
Admin
Peter Zürcher

Male
Number of posts : 1266
Registration date : 2008-03-06

PostSubject: Re: King cobra video from Agumbe   King cobra video from Agumbe Icon_minitimeMon 25 Apr - 23:41

I deleted 3 posts containing only personal stuff and lacking factual remarks completely.

The video in question has disappeared from the www (i did not find it) so i may suggest if there have been questionable things like "strange" handling methods or just an overacted handling of these sensitive creatures that Mr. Huseth has been thinking about it and learned his lesson to some degree?

Most of our members here do not know what we talk about as long as Mr. Huseth does not post the original video again.

Best regards
Peter
Back to top Go down
http://www.reptilienzoonockalm.at

PostSubject: Re: King cobra video from Agumbe   King cobra video from Agumbe Icon_minitimeSat 30 Apr - 23:37

Peter Zürcher wrote:
I deleted 3 posts containing only personal stuff and lacking factual remarks completely.

The video in question has disappeared from the www (i did not find it) so i may suggest if there have been questionable things like "strange" handling methods or just an overacted handling of these sensitive creatures that Mr. Huseth has been thinking about it and learned his lesson to some degree?

Most of our members here do not know what we talk about as long as Mr. Huseth does not post the original video again.

Best regards
Peter

First of all, parts one through four of my videos can be viewed at this link: https://www.youtube.com/user/kingcobrafan
and clicking the "see all" link.

Secondly, you have access to the exact same explanation, by both myself and Bryan Greig Fry, that Mr. Davidson was given for the perceived mistreatment of the snake in my original video at the venomdoc.com
link he so generously provided. I choose not to post my original video so as not to subject friends of mine to more of Mr. Davidson's, and possibly other's, uninformed, baseless accusations.

"Learned my lesson"? You bet. That would be to avoid Venomland.
Back to top Go down
Jon Davidson
Serpent Chief
Serpent Chief
Jon Davidson

Male

PostSubject: Re: King cobra video from Agumbe   King cobra video from Agumbe Icon_minitimeSat 30 Apr - 23:42

Bill Huseth wrote:
'Gowri Shankar's reputation as a handler is spotless among the herping world. He requested that the original video be edited so that animal rights groups didn't start an uproar'.
... Sincerely, Jon Davidson .
Back to top Go down
Jon Davidson
Serpent Chief
Serpent Chief
Jon Davidson

Male

PostSubject: Re: King cobra video from Agumbe   King cobra video from Agumbe Icon_minitimeSat 30 Apr - 23:53

Bill Huseth wrote:
'I choose not to post my original video so as not to subject friends of mine to more of Mr. Davidson's, and possibly other's, uninformed, baseless accusations'.
So post the original- unedited- video and let the Venomland members decide for themselves how 'uninformed' and 'baseless' my perspective was. Sincerely, Jon Davidson .
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: King cobra video from Agumbe   King cobra video from Agumbe Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

King cobra video from Agumbe
Page 1 of 1