VenomLand
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please beware, to register at venomland you are requested to use your full name (first and family name) - nicknames are not allowed and will be not activated! thx

Dear Venomland Members and Friends, Venomland is a little more than 6 years old now and by far the biggest Hot Snake community on the Planet! We want to thank all of you who made Venomland the leading Board. We are also very thankful to our Moderators and Admins for years of hard work. Now, it is time to move on. I have been thinking how to proceed and what to do with our beloved board as we reach a size, that we need to make drastic changes to secure the future of our community. As of now, Venomland is hosted by a free (well mostly free) hosting service. That was good for the first years but now we need to find a new way to run our forum. I have spend hundreds of Dollars over the years to keep Venomland up and running, and i have done so with pleasure. Now, we need your help! We need to come up with several thousand dollars for our Venomland 2.0 project, which i frankly cant pay for any longer by myself. So Venomland is asking his Friends and Members for the first time for their financial Support. Please help to keep Venomland alive, and let us move on to a new, better Portal in the Future! Every Dollar is helping us a great deal. I know, its hard times for everyone, but please spare a few Dollar for our community. If you have only 10 Dollars to spare, we are grateful, if it is more, it would be awesome. We are planning to develop a very new Venomland, with real community functions, a forum like you are already loving it and a real (online) Hot Snake Magazin. Also, there will be download areas for scientific papers, Wallpapers and more. Again folks, we can only do that if you all help. Please send me a Private Message if you want to keep Venomland alive, i will provide you with the details on how to donate Money. For now, we can accept money from creditcards via skrill (please google it, its a free service - account-details will be forwarded to you) and paypal. All the best, and for a (hopefully) nice future of our Board. Mario

Albino Corn to albino king ...

Go down 
+4
Peter Zürcher
Vangelis Rokkos
Alvaro Galdeano Sada
Alex Zanotti
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Alex Zanotti
Alex Zanotti

Male
Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2011-03-05

Albino Corn to albino king ... Empty
PostSubject: Albino Corn to albino king ...   Albino Corn to albino king ... Icon_minitimeMon 20 Jun - 8:46

Albino Corn to albino king ... Lampro10

Albino Corn to albino king ... Lampro11

Albino Corn to albino king ... Lampro12
Back to top Go down
Alvaro Galdeano Sada
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper
Alvaro Galdeano Sada

Male
Number of posts : 45
Registration date : 2011-04-12

PostSubject: Re: Albino Corn to albino king ...   Albino Corn to albino king ... Icon_minitimeMon 20 Jun - 15:53

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w4p-2jIcujI
Back to top Go down
Vangelis Rokkos
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper
Vangelis Rokkos

Male
Number of posts : 59
Registration date : 2008-03-16

PostSubject: Re: Albino Corn to albino king ...   Albino Corn to albino king ... Icon_minitimeMon 20 Jun - 16:08

unacceptable No No No
Back to top Go down
Alvaro Galdeano Sada
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper
Alvaro Galdeano Sada

Male
Number of posts : 45
Registration date : 2011-04-12

PostSubject: Re: Albino Corn to albino king ...   Albino Corn to albino king ... Icon_minitimeMon 20 Jun - 16:18

why you say that?
I use as feed a calf that was born dead .... and I think Alex has done the same.
regards
Back to top Go down
Peter Zürcher
Admin
Admin
Peter Zürcher

Male
Number of posts : 1266
Registration date : 2008-03-06

PostSubject: Re: Albino Corn to albino king ...   Albino Corn to albino king ... Icon_minitimeMon 20 Jun - 16:29

What are you trying to tell us with these pictures/video?

It's well known that Lampropeltis californiae (including the nigrita-phase), feeds partially on snakes, but can be fed with rodents easily (but unspectacular).

Back to top Go down
http://www.reptilienzoonockalm.at
Guenter Leitenbauer
Lord of the Serpents
Lord of the Serpents
Guenter Leitenbauer

Male
Number of posts : 1389
Registration date : 2008-05-17

PostSubject: Re: Albino Corn to albino king ...   Albino Corn to albino king ... Icon_minitimeMon 20 Jun - 17:35

Well, I definitely would not post such pictures here (on a snakelover forum) too.
It does not seem to be a feeding of an actually dead corn snake but a live feeding.

Otherwise we should not forget that we all feed mice and rats, animals which are definitely more intelligent than snakes. Therefor the shocked reactions are not completely understandable for me here. It is a bit like when visitors ask me what I feed my snakes and react shocked when they hear that it will be live mice. They then head home and praise and compliment their cat for catching another mouse ("playing" around with it for 30 minutes before actually killing it).
Back to top Go down
http://www.leitenbauer.net
Alex Zanotti
Alex Zanotti

Male

PostSubject: Re: Albino Corn to albino king ...   Albino Corn to albino king ... Icon_minitimeTue 21 Jun - 2:13

ok peaples!

1º I love all the snakes, lizards, aracnids and the mouses too.

2º I don't put this pictures for laughs... But to show how we can diversify the menu, especially when the ofiophagas will not accept rats.

3º I don't caugth snakes, lizards or other animals from the nature to eater my animals... I reproduce them and eventually I use for my animals.

4º excuse me my english...

5º congratulations to the organizers of the forum...

6º best wishes for all snakebrothers... THE SNAKES ARE THE BEST!!!
Back to top Go down
Peter Zürcher
Admin
Admin
Peter Zürcher

Male

PostSubject: Re: Albino Corn to albino king ...   Albino Corn to albino king ... Icon_minitimeTue 21 Jun - 2:36

Alex,
no offense at all, but
i don't see a reason to "diversify the menu" of Lampropeltis spp. -almost all of'em feed well on rodents and live long with that single diet. Not to forget that feeding snakes now and then could have a counterproductive effect, some specimens may stop to feed on rodents . Maybe some mate might be the victim of these provocated longings. As a Lampropeltis keeper i try to keep the danger of cannibalism as small as possible, and feeding snakes to my kings is therefore a no go.
I've never heard about a member of the former getula-group, especially the species californiae (to which the former subspecies nigrita now belongs) refusing constantly rodents as food, so i can't see a reason for those unsafe experiments.
@Alvaro
I never eat dead born calfs.

regards
Peter
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Albino Corn to albino king ...   Albino Corn to albino king ... Icon_minitimeTue 21 Jun - 3:06

hmmm what is the diffrence to feed a snake to a snake or a mouse ?
i never see these comments when someone is feeding snakes to his ophiphagus lol Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Peter Zürcher
Admin
Admin
Peter Zürcher

Male

PostSubject: Re: Albino Corn to albino king ...   Albino Corn to albino king ... Icon_minitimeTue 21 Jun - 3:28

Quote :
hmmm what is the diffrence to feed a snake to a snake or a mouse ?
i never see these comments when someone is feeding snakes to his ophiphagus lol

Should you being unable to read a maybe small, but clearly existing difference out of my posting?

To compare occasional snake eaters like Lampropeltis spp. with Ophiophagus is adventurous in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
Marios Vergetopoulos

Male
Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2010-07-28

PostSubject: Re: Albino Corn to albino king ...   Albino Corn to albino king ... Icon_minitimeTue 21 Jun - 7:07

disgusting.
Back to top Go down
Alex Zanotti
Alex Zanotti

Male

PostSubject: Re: Albino Corn to albino king ...   Albino Corn to albino king ... Icon_minitimeTue 21 Jun - 9:39

Hello Peter,
When I said "diversify the menu" for this animal that from birth never ate rats. This is a good reason for me !
I worked four years with maintenance of Micrurus to venom extraction, and I broke the skull to make them eat ...

abraços Alex.
Back to top Go down
Alex Zanotti
Alex Zanotti

Male

PostSubject: Re: Albino Corn to albino king ...   Albino Corn to albino king ... Icon_minitimeTue 21 Jun - 10:08

Excuse me people. Next time, I input the pink in the... ecdise.

abrços a todos e sem recentimentos!
Back to top Go down
Randy Ciuros
Serpent Chief
Serpent Chief
Randy Ciuros

Male
Number of posts : 585
Registration date : 2008-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Albino Corn to albino king ...   Albino Corn to albino king ... Icon_minitimeTue 21 Jun - 11:58

Sometimes you have to feed live, whether it be snakes, mice, rats, fish, lizards, or bugs, but showing photos or videos of a snake eating something alive, I do not like to see. I have to do it sometimes, but I do not enjoy it, and I try to get my snakes eating frozen thawed as soon as possoble. I love all animals, and I hate to see an animal get hurt, or killed. People ok, not animals.
Back to top Go down
http://www.venomstreet.com
Peter Zürcher
Admin
Admin
Peter Zürcher

Male

PostSubject: Re: Albino Corn to albino king ...   Albino Corn to albino king ... Icon_minitimeTue 21 Jun - 14:51

Quote :
I worked four years with maintenance of Micrurus to venom extraction, and I broke the skull to make them eat ...

Great to hear that!
So why don't you share your experience in feeding problems and their solutions on Micrurus spp.? That would be really interesting, whereas feeding Kingsnakes with live Cornsnakes is wether interesting nor from any educational value.
From my nearly 40 years long experience in breeding Lampropeltis spp., mostly Lampropeltis californiae and Lampropeltis zonata sspp., i can tell you that there is absolutely no need to feed snakes, not even in Lampropeltis t. elapsoides, where lizards are more readily taken than snakes.
If some members declare your feeding habits and pictures as disgusting, you should accept that as "freedom of expression" - insinuating resentiment to those will only lead this thread to a personal level.
Best regards
Peter

Last edited by Peter Zürcher on Tue 21 Jun - 14:52; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Guenter Leitenbauer
Lord of the Serpents
Lord of the Serpents
Guenter Leitenbauer

Male

PostSubject: Re: Albino Corn to albino king ...   Albino Corn to albino king ... Icon_minitimeTue 21 Jun - 14:51

Randy Ciuros wrote:
I hate to see an animal get hurt, or killed. People ok, not animals.

Sorry Randy, but that statement is unacceptable.
BTW: "Snakes are people too" ... so they may be killed or what?
Back to top Go down
Michael Jonasson
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer
Michael Jonasson

Male
Number of posts : 153
Registration date : 2009-10-21

PostSubject: Re: Albino Corn to albino king ...   Albino Corn to albino king ... Icon_minitimeTue 21 Jun - 15:25

Guenter Leitenbauer wrote:
Randy Ciuros wrote:
I hate to see an animal get hurt, or killed. People ok, not animals.

Sorry Randy, but that statement is unacceptable.
BTW: "Snakes are people too" ... so they may be killed or what?
Why wouldnt a statement like that be acceptable? I understand exactly what Randy means with it.
Back to top Go down
Guenter Leitenbauer
Lord of the Serpents
Lord of the Serpents
Guenter Leitenbauer

Male

PostSubject: Re: Albino Corn to albino king ...   Albino Corn to albino king ... Icon_minitimeTue 21 Jun - 17:04

Michael, anyone can think what he wants to.

For me it is unacceptable. Definitely! This is one of the very few things I know for sure.

IMHO it is a sign of mental degeneration to not regard and respect human life. It is similar for animals, but human life is worth much more to me. No problem, if You have another opinion - I won't try to persuade You. I've given up such intentions years ago.
Back to top Go down
Randy Ciuros
Serpent Chief
Serpent Chief
Randy Ciuros

Male
Number of posts : 585
Registration date : 2008-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Albino Corn to albino king ...   Albino Corn to albino king ... Icon_minitimeTue 21 Jun - 21:51

Very good Guenter. But "Snakes are people too" is automatically added to all my posts and I didn't pay any attention to that.

I was agreeing with you and Peter Z. about posting such photos and videos. We all know feeding live animals to snakes is sometimes needed, but we should not post photos and enjoy watching it.

In my statement "I hate to see an animal get hurt, or killed. People ok, not animals.", means I do not like and do not watch animal shows that show an animal killing another animal. Crocs, snakes, lions, what ever. I don't like to watch them. I don't like seeing animals get hurt or killed. But seeing people getting killed does not bother me. You see it in movies all the time. You see it and do it when your a soldier. And I have to say, people are no where near as honest as animals. Animals are not evil. But some people are. I have high regard for human life IF the person is a good person. If they are not, I could not care less about them, and aside from going to jail, I wouldn't mind being the person that gets to kill them.
Back to top Go down
http://www.venomstreet.com
Guenter Leitenbauer
Lord of the Serpents
Lord of the Serpents
Guenter Leitenbauer

Male

PostSubject: Re: Albino Corn to albino king ...   Albino Corn to albino king ... Icon_minitimeTue 21 Jun - 22:12

Randy, I agree on most of what You said, but WHO is to decide who is a "good person" and who not?

70-80 years ago we had a regime who decided (without a judge) who is bad and should go to a concentration camp or should be killed. We all don't need that anymore.

Deciding what is "life worth living" is a mined area. I never would want to judge that and I never would want to be the executor.

But as I wrote - everyone has to makeup his own mind.
Back to top Go down
Peter Zürcher
Admin
Admin
Peter Zürcher

Male

PostSubject: Re: Albino Corn to albino king ...   Albino Corn to albino king ... Icon_minitimeTue 21 Jun - 23:45

Posting by Randy Ciuros deleted.
Didn't we have that a while ago, and didn't i tell you then that we don't want to read that bullshit here?
Back to topic, no further discussion and no more promotion for death penalty here!!
regards
Peter
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Albino Corn to albino king ...   Albino Corn to albino king ... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Albino Corn to albino king ...
Page 1 of 1