VenomLand
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please beware, to register at venomland you are requested to use your full name (first and family name) - nicknames are not allowed and will be not activated! thx

Dear Venomland Members and Friends, Venomland is a little more than 6 years old now and by far the biggest Hot Snake community on the Planet! We want to thank all of you who made Venomland the leading Board. We are also very thankful to our Moderators and Admins for years of hard work. Now, it is time to move on. I have been thinking how to proceed and what to do with our beloved board as we reach a size, that we need to make drastic changes to secure the future of our community. As of now, Venomland is hosted by a free (well mostly free) hosting service. That was good for the first years but now we need to find a new way to run our forum. I have spend hundreds of Dollars over the years to keep Venomland up and running, and i have done so with pleasure. Now, we need your help! We need to come up with several thousand dollars for our Venomland 2.0 project, which i frankly cant pay for any longer by myself. So Venomland is asking his Friends and Members for the first time for their financial Support. Please help to keep Venomland alive, and let us move on to a new, better Portal in the Future! Every Dollar is helping us a great deal. I know, its hard times for everyone, but please spare a few Dollar for our community. If you have only 10 Dollars to spare, we are grateful, if it is more, it would be awesome. We are planning to develop a very new Venomland, with real community functions, a forum like you are already loving it and a real (online) Hot Snake Magazin. Also, there will be download areas for scientific papers, Wallpapers and more. Again folks, we can only do that if you all help. Please send me a Private Message if you want to keep Venomland alive, i will provide you with the details on how to donate Money. For now, we can accept money from creditcards via skrill (please google it, its a free service - account-details will be forwarded to you) and paypal. All the best, and for a (hopefully) nice future of our Board. Mario

Another snake bite death in Europe

Go down 
+34
Jorg Schenkels
Marcel Van Heerden
Paul Rowley
Carina Rosberg
Hans Bergman
Graeme Skinner
Stan Butler
David Williams
Carsten Frömberg
Ambros Mathier
Alvaro Galdeano Sada
Sascha Beckhoff
Bill Donovan
Manuel Reiss
Patrick Vince
Rob Deans
Wolfgang Wüster
Guenter Leitenbauer
Jon Davidson
Walter Kidd
Scott Eipper
Stefan Anthonijsz
Martin Marx
Richard Blok
Tim Hallam
Magnus Karlsson
Peter Zürcher
Paul Behan
Wojciech Kuklewicz
Klaus Roemer
Bartholin Yann
Paul Nicholas Dunn
Kelly Chabak
Marco Buegel
38 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Manuel Reiss
Manuel Reiss

Male
Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2011-05-10

Another snake bite death in Europe  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another snake bite death in Europe    Another snake bite death in Europe  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 30 Jun - 19:03

Hi,

I got to acknowledge that I had ever a bad feeling, when I saw the vids of his kind of handling. But in the face of this tragically accident this is really not the time for discussing this.

Even if I didn´t know him personally, it makes me sad hearing of his death. All the best to his family and friends in these hard times.

Best regards,

Manuel
Back to top Go down
Bill Donovan
Bill Donovan

Male
Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2011-06-08

PostSubject: Re: Another snake bite death in Europe    Another snake bite death in Europe  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 30 Jun - 19:46

Rest in peace. In these times it's more important to remember how they lived as opposed to how they died. Hopefully the King Cobra conservatory can continue.
Back to top Go down
Sascha Beckhoff
Snakemaster
Snakemaster
Sascha Beckhoff

Male
Number of posts : 313
Registration date : 2010-01-14

PostSubject: Re: Another snake bite death in Europe    Another snake bite death in Europe  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 30 Jun - 20:44

R.I.P. Luke...you are gone,but never forgotten.....
Back to top Go down
Alvaro Galdeano Sada
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper
Alvaro Galdeano Sada

Male
Number of posts : 45
Registration date : 2011-04-12

PostSubject: Re: Another snake bite death in Europe    Another snake bite death in Europe  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 30 Jun - 21:20

condolenses to his family
is always a sadness to read something.
Sad
Back to top Go down
Ambros Mathier
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper
Ambros Mathier

Male
Number of posts : 78
Registration date : 2010-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Another snake bite death in Europe    Another snake bite death in Europe  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 30 Jun - 22:38

I didn't know him personally, but i have read a lot from and about him.

Condolenses to his family and friends.

Best regards
Ambros
Back to top Go down
Carsten Frömberg
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer

Number of posts : 114
Registration date : 2008-03-25

PostSubject: Re: Another snake bite death in Europe    Another snake bite death in Europe  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 30 Jun - 22:43

R.I.P. Crying or Very sad
My sincere condolences to his family and friends.
Back to top Go down
David Williams
David Williams

Male
Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2010-03-21

PostSubject: Re: Another snake bite death in Europe    Another snake bite death in Europe  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 1 Jul - 0:21

For all anybody knows Luke may not even have been handling the snake when he was bitten ... none of you know the circumstances, and most of you never will. STFU if you can't say something respectful. I mean honestly, what does it take to get people to show an ounce of commonsense and human decency? Jesus, there are some scumbags on this forum.
Back to top Go down
http://www.kingsnake.com/aho/aho.html
Stan Butler

Male
Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2009-02-14

PostSubject: Re: Another snake bite death in Europe    Another snake bite death in Europe  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 1 Jul - 1:15

David Williams wrote:
For all anybody knows Luke may not even have been handling the snake when he was bitten ... none of you know the circumstances, and most of you never will. STFU if you can't say something respectful. I mean honestly, what does it take to get people to show an ounce of commonsense and human decency? Jesus, there are some scumbags on this forum.
Thats the pot calling the kettle black was there any need for what you just wrote? Make's you sound an arse
Back to top Go down
Graeme Skinner
Snakemaster
Snakemaster
Graeme Skinner

Male
Number of posts : 466
Registration date : 2009-02-19

PostSubject: Re: Another snake bite death in Europe    Another snake bite death in Europe  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 1 Jul - 2:08

Like many others on the forum from the Uk and Europe wide I have know Luke for nearly 30 years and this is a shock to all of us.

Rather than bicker about things we all need to take time to reflect upon this sad incident and consider what effect this tragedy and the other recent one could have upon our hobby/passion!

Sadly this will give fuel to the anti's!

Rest in Peace Luke

Back to top Go down
Hans Bergman
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer
Hans Bergman

Male
Number of posts : 124
Registration date : 2011-04-07

PostSubject: Re: Another snake bite death in Europe    Another snake bite death in Europe  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 1 Jul - 3:09

Rest in peace Sad
Back to top Go down
Carina Rosberg
Carina Rosberg

Female
Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2011-03-13

PostSubject: Re: Another snake bite death in Europe    Another snake bite death in Europe  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 1 Jul - 4:17

Sincere condolences to his family and friends
rest in peace..
Back to top Go down
Paul Rowley
Systematicus
Systematicus

Male
Number of posts : 70
Registration date : 2009-02-16

PostSubject: Re: Another snake bite death in Europe    Another snake bite death in Europe  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 1 Jul - 5:49

I'd also like to ask that people show some respect at this time.

I have known Luke for 30 years.......

Now is not the time to be discussing Luke's methods of working with these majestic snakes.

I still can't believe this has happened. My heart goes out to his family at this time.

Last edited by Paul Rowley on Fri 1 Jul - 16:25; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Marcel Van Heerden
Marcel Van Heerden

Male
Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2010-10-19

PostSubject: Re: Another snake bite death in Europe    Another snake bite death in Europe  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 1 Jul - 7:52

Sad Was talking to him via mail recently and was waiting a new reply.. Now I guess Ill never get the reply.. Things can happen so quick. May he rest in peace and thoughts are with family and friends... Sad
Back to top Go down
http://www.emeraldreptiles.co.za
Jon Davidson
Serpent Chief
Serpent Chief
Jon Davidson

Male
Number of posts : 512
Registration date : 2009-02-28

PostSubject: Lol...    Another snake bite death in Europe  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 1 Jul - 13:08

Marcel Van Heerden wrote:
' Things can happen so quick'.
Yeah... and I'd bet that Mr. Yeoman knows that for certain far better than any of the rest of us still here and participating in this discussion, but may he rest in peace. Sincerely, Jon Davidson .
Back to top Go down
Jorg Schenkels
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer
Jorg Schenkels

Male
Number of posts : 228
Registration date : 2010-05-31

PostSubject: Re: Another snake bite death in Europe    Another snake bite death in Europe  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 1 Jul - 23:23

marcel for me the same i was waiting on a reply but its never come... luke my friend rest in piece my condolences to the family of luke..

gr jorg
Back to top Go down
Robert Twombley

Male
Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2010-03-08

PostSubject: Re: Another snake bite death in Europe    Another snake bite death in Europe  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 6 Jul - 7:51

sincere condolonses to his family and friends
Back to top Go down
http://inaturalist.org/people/robert007
Lauren Dauny
Lauren Dauny

Female
Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2011-01-31

PostSubject: Re: Another snake bite death in Europe    Another snake bite death in Europe  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 6 Jul - 20:52

Sleep Well Luke...Not many would have gone as far as he did for what they love.
Back to top Go down
Mike Dabs
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper
Mike Dabs

Male
Number of posts : 40
Registration date : 2010-07-03

PostSubject: Re: Another snake bite death in Europe    Another snake bite death in Europe  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 7 Jul - 17:40

Rest in Peace Luke my thoughts are with Sue and Nicole
Mike
Back to top Go down
http://Skorpionfan.beepworld.de
Wayne Ashford
Wayne Ashford

Male
Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2011-07-06

PostSubject: Re: Another snake bite death in Europe    Another snake bite death in Europe  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 8 Jul - 3:30

rip mate you use to make make laugh at the serpenterium.god bless.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Another snake bite death in Europe    Another snake bite death in Europe  - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Another snake bite death in Europe
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2