VenomLand
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please beware, to register at venomland you are requested to use your full name (first and family name) - nicknames are not allowed and will be not activated! thx

Dear Venomland Members and Friends, Venomland is a little more than 6 years old now and by far the biggest Hot Snake community on the Planet! We want to thank all of you who made Venomland the leading Board. We are also very thankful to our Moderators and Admins for years of hard work. Now, it is time to move on. I have been thinking how to proceed and what to do with our beloved board as we reach a size, that we need to make drastic changes to secure the future of our community. As of now, Venomland is hosted by a free (well mostly free) hosting service. That was good for the first years but now we need to find a new way to run our forum. I have spend hundreds of Dollars over the years to keep Venomland up and running, and i have done so with pleasure. Now, we need your help! We need to come up with several thousand dollars for our Venomland 2.0 project, which i frankly cant pay for any longer by myself. So Venomland is asking his Friends and Members for the first time for their financial Support. Please help to keep Venomland alive, and let us move on to a new, better Portal in the Future! Every Dollar is helping us a great deal. I know, its hard times for everyone, but please spare a few Dollar for our community. If you have only 10 Dollars to spare, we are grateful, if it is more, it would be awesome. We are planning to develop a very new Venomland, with real community functions, a forum like you are already loving it and a real (online) Hot Snake Magazin. Also, there will be download areas for scientific papers, Wallpapers and more. Again folks, we can only do that if you all help. Please send me a Private Message if you want to keep Venomland alive, i will provide you with the details on how to donate Money. For now, we can accept money from creditcards via skrill (please google it, its a free service - account-details will be forwarded to you) and paypal. All the best, and for a (hopefully) nice future of our Board. Mario

Walterinnesia aegyptia CB2011

Go down 
+17
Dennis van Veldhuizen
Andrew Hacket
Rob Olivier
Christoph Studer
Harold van der Ploeg
Jorg Schenkels
Twan van Berge
Alvaro Galdeano Sada
Jan Jonkman
Hans Bergman
Sjuul Verhaegh
Peter van Issem
Randy Ciuros
Stefan Anthonijsz
Eli Carleton
Stefan Wennekes
Ro vd Bergh
21 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Ro vd Bergh
Snakemaster
Snakemaster
Ro vd Bergh

Male
Number of posts : 290
Registration date : 2010-11-06

Walterinnesia aegyptia CB2011 Empty
PostSubject: Walterinnesia aegyptia CB2011   Walterinnesia aegyptia CB2011 Icon_minitimeSun 17 Jul - 7:31

Hey,

last year our female ate within 4 hours after laying, all 20 perfect round shiny eggs. This year we only got 7 eggs and one went bad really fast. The other 2 eggs that we're in the same little plastic container soon had a bit of mold on them as well. I wiped it away gentlly with a tiny bit of pure alcohol like two times. After those two times I decided to leave them and hope fot the best. Friends that came over were all convinced they wouldn't hatch but I saw worse eggs hatch. Today the first little Desert Cobra came out of the worst egg. Half an hour later the second one showed his shiny little head. I have good hope that all eggs will hatch now. It's not a lot but I would be really happy with 6 babies. Allthough the baby that I raised had to be forcefed for like 6 months so not looking forward to go through that again. Allthough these are from me and one of my best mates so I don't have to do it alone.

A picture I just took. Not really sharp, I know but didn't want to keep flashing.

Walterinnesia aegyptia CB2011 133js

Woohooo!!! Very Happy

Cheers, Ro.
Back to top Go down
Stefan Wennekes
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer
Stefan Wennekes

Male
Number of posts : 157
Registration date : 2009-07-01

PostSubject: Re: Walterinnesia aegyptia CB2011   Walterinnesia aegyptia CB2011 Icon_minitimeSun 17 Jul - 7:43

Again congratulations Ro.
Breathtaking,
Relly nice breeding Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.oldworldophidia.com/indexeng.html
Eli Carleton
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper

Male
Number of posts : 45
Registration date : 2010-08-23

PostSubject: Re: Walterinnesia aegyptia CB2011   Walterinnesia aegyptia CB2011 Icon_minitimeSun 17 Jul - 8:18

Congrats Ro!

They are really cool. Not something commonly seen here in the US. At least not that I've seen.

Please feel free to keep us updated!

Eli
Back to top Go down
Stefan Anthonijsz
Serpent Chief
Serpent Chief
Stefan Anthonijsz

Male
Number of posts : 556
Registration date : 2009-09-29

PostSubject: Re: Walterinnesia aegyptia CB2011   Walterinnesia aegyptia CB2011 Icon_minitimeSun 17 Jul - 8:31

Congrats mate(s)!! Very cool to see the picture now!
Back to top Go down
Ro vd Bergh
Snakemaster
Snakemaster
Ro vd Bergh

Male

PostSubject: Re: Walterinnesia aegyptia CB2011   Walterinnesia aegyptia CB2011 Icon_minitimeSun 17 Jul - 9:10

Thanks guys! Really pleased that I didn't throw this egg out. Shocked

@Eli; The're not commonly seen en bred in Europe either. I will post an update once in a while. Will start them up with forcefed mousetails.

A little sidenote, I bought these allready as a breeding pair.

The're funny animals. A bit Pseudechis like but more lazy. The adult animals are fairly placid most of the times. Once in a while one has a bad mood and than they huff and puff, but that's a rare event. The little ones do show attitude and try to look big and dangerous as almost all small youngsters do.

Cheers, Ro.
Back to top Go down
Randy Ciuros
Serpent Chief
Serpent Chief
Randy Ciuros

Male
Number of posts : 585
Registration date : 2008-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Walterinnesia aegyptia CB2011   Walterinnesia aegyptia CB2011 Icon_minitimeSun 17 Jul - 11:18

Very cool Ro.
Back to top Go down
http://www.venomstreet.com
Peter van Issem
Serpent Chief
Serpent Chief
Peter van Issem

Male
Number of posts : 707
Registration date : 2009-03-08

PostSubject: Re: Walterinnesia aegyptia CB2011   Walterinnesia aegyptia CB2011 Icon_minitimeSun 17 Jul - 13:45

Congratulations Ro,
it nice to see, that you breed again with the couple! Hope that the offsprings will acceped now a little bit faster the regular food.
Back to top Go down
Sjuul Verhaegh

Male
Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2010-11-01

PostSubject: Re: Walterinnesia aegyptia CB2011   Walterinnesia aegyptia CB2011 Icon_minitimeSun 17 Jul - 17:35

Congrats Ro! I like Walterinnesia very much! Good luck with starting up these beauties Smile
Back to top Go down
Hans Bergman
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer
Hans Bergman

Male
Number of posts : 124
Registration date : 2011-04-07

PostSubject: Re: Walterinnesia aegyptia CB2011   Walterinnesia aegyptia CB2011 Icon_minitimeSun 17 Jul - 19:56

Big congratulations Smile
Back to top Go down
Jan Jonkman
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer
Jan Jonkman

Male
Number of posts : 153
Registration date : 2010-10-28

PostSubject: Re: Walterinnesia aegyptia CB2011   Walterinnesia aegyptia CB2011 Icon_minitimeSun 17 Jul - 21:08

Very nice Ro!!

Congrats!

!bier
Back to top Go down
Alvaro Galdeano Sada
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper
Alvaro Galdeano Sada

Male
Number of posts : 45
Registration date : 2011-04-12

PostSubject: Re: Walterinnesia aegyptia CB2011   Walterinnesia aegyptia CB2011 Icon_minitimeSun 17 Jul - 21:10

congrats Ro!!
Back to top Go down
Twan van Berge
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper
Twan van Berge

Male
Number of posts : 77
Registration date : 2010-11-20

PostSubject: Re: Walterinnesia aegyptia CB2011   Walterinnesia aegyptia CB2011 Icon_minitimeSun 17 Jul - 21:28

congrats Ro,

very nice animals to see.
i wonder if they hood just the same as the najas do.
or can you compare withe aspidelaps.
i don't know much about this snake.
and how is the venom of those black desert beauties.

cheers,
Back to top Go down
Ro vd Bergh
Snakemaster
Snakemaster
Ro vd Bergh

Male

PostSubject: Re: Walterinnesia aegyptia CB2011   Walterinnesia aegyptia CB2011 Icon_minitimeSun 17 Jul - 22:18

Thanks folks! The're a bit slow with totally coming out. Probably because my handsome face keeps looking from above.

@Twan; They don't really have a hood.

Venom; Postsynaptic neurotoxins

I don't think that there are a lot of accurate bite reports and I've read things from local swelling to a big possibility that you could die. clown
I'm not really interested in venom, maybe somebody else has a bite report or something?

Some sites stated that the length of an adult is 0.50m. Our adult couple is at least 130cm. Thick bodied as well.

Cheers, Ro.
Back to top Go down
Ro vd Bergh
Snakemaster
Snakemaster
Ro vd Bergh

Male

PostSubject: Re: Walterinnesia aegyptia CB2011   Walterinnesia aegyptia CB2011 Icon_minitimeSun 17 Jul - 22:19

Jan Jonkman wrote:
!bier

!bier clown

Cheers, Ro.
Back to top Go down
Jorg Schenkels
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer
Jorg Schenkels

Male
Number of posts : 228
Registration date : 2010-05-31

PostSubject: Re: Walterinnesia aegyptia CB2011   Walterinnesia aegyptia CB2011 Icon_minitimeSun 17 Jul - 22:25

congrats mate..
Back to top Go down
Twan van Berge
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper
Twan van Berge

Male
Number of posts : 77
Registration date : 2010-11-20

PostSubject: Re: Walterinnesia aegyptia CB2011   Walterinnesia aegyptia CB2011 Icon_minitimeSun 17 Jul - 22:37

Ro vd Bergh wrote:
Thanks folks! The're a bit slow with totally coming out. Probably because my handsome face keeps looking from above.

@Twan; They don't really have a hood.

Venom; Postsynaptic neurotoxins

I don't think that there are a lot of accurate bite reports and I've read things from local swelling to a big possibility that you could die. clown
I'm not really interested in venom, maybe somebody else has a bite report or something?

Some sites stated that the length of an adult is 0.50m. Our adult couple is at least 130cm. Thick bodied as well.

Cheers, Ro.

well Ro,

I don't interested in venom also but it was only a question because i wonder how deathly a bite could be of those snakes and how powerfull the venom is.
i didn't read or heard much about the desert cobras but its really interested thats for sure.
i hope that all eggs come out and that they are doing well. Very Happy

Greetzzz
Back to top Go down
Ro vd Bergh
Snakemaster
Snakemaster
Ro vd Bergh

Male

PostSubject: Re: Walterinnesia aegyptia CB2011   Walterinnesia aegyptia CB2011 Icon_minitimeSun 17 Jul - 23:02

Thanks both!

Still only 2 showed their face and the second was totally out. I just moved him to a little plastic container and his attitude was allready there.
Huffing, puffing and trying to get away from the big scary predator.

I will wait till tonight or tomorrow before I start cutting.

Cheers, Ro.
Back to top Go down
Ro vd Bergh
Snakemaster
Snakemaster
Ro vd Bergh

Male

PostSubject: Re: Walterinnesia aegyptia CB2011   Walterinnesia aegyptia CB2011 Icon_minitimeMon 18 Jul - 5:13

Peekaboo!

Walterinnesia aegyptia CB2011 015gzu

I just looked briefly but I think the first two are 1.1
Good stuff...

Cheers, Ro.
Back to top Go down
Stefan Anthonijsz
Serpent Chief
Serpent Chief
Stefan Anthonijsz

Male
Number of posts : 556
Registration date : 2009-09-29

PostSubject: Re: Walterinnesia aegyptia CB2011   Walterinnesia aegyptia CB2011 Icon_minitimeMon 18 Jul - 5:33

Sweet!!
Back to top Go down
Jorg Schenkels
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer
Jorg Schenkels

Male
Number of posts : 228
Registration date : 2010-05-31

PostSubject: Re: Walterinnesia aegyptia CB2011   Walterinnesia aegyptia CB2011 Icon_minitimeMon 18 Jul - 7:30

pm me when they are going for sale..
Back to top Go down
Jan Jonkman
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer
Jan Jonkman

Male

PostSubject: Re: Walterinnesia aegyptia CB2011   Walterinnesia aegyptia CB2011 Icon_minitimeTue 19 Jul - 0:27

Very nice Ro!

Any more came and took a peek?
Back to top Go down
Ro vd Bergh
Snakemaster
Snakemaster
Ro vd Bergh

Male

PostSubject: Re: Walterinnesia aegyptia CB2011   Walterinnesia aegyptia CB2011 Icon_minitimeTue 19 Jul - 1:57

Yes, without cutting number 3, 4 and 5 showed their little head today. One is allready out of those 3. The last one will probably open his shell tonight.

Very pleased with the result so far.

Cheers, Ro.
Back to top Go down
Stefan Wennekes
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer
Stefan Wennekes

Male
Number of posts : 157
Registration date : 2009-07-01

PostSubject: Re: Walterinnesia aegyptia CB2011   Walterinnesia aegyptia CB2011 Icon_minitimeTue 19 Jul - 2:00

So Cool Cool
Back to top Go down
http://www.oldworldophidia.com/indexeng.html
Ro vd Bergh
Snakemaster
Snakemaster
Ro vd Bergh

Male

PostSubject: Re: Walterinnesia aegyptia CB2011   Walterinnesia aegyptia CB2011 Icon_minitimeWed 20 Jul - 8:32

Okay, last one, number 6 just hatched. Well, popped his head out. Sweet.

Two of the last ones were 3 times as big as a little one I once bought when it was 3 months old! Really big animals.
And I'm sure those 2 are female as well btw. Good times.

Cheers, Ro.

Back to top Go down
Jan Jonkman
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer
Jan Jonkman

Male

PostSubject: Re: Walterinnesia aegyptia CB2011   Walterinnesia aegyptia CB2011 Icon_minitimeWed 20 Jul - 16:08

Very nice, that sounds promising!

Now you just have to go through the feeding part..

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Walterinnesia aegyptia CB2011   Walterinnesia aegyptia CB2011 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Walterinnesia aegyptia CB2011
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
VenomLand :: Elapidae :: other Elapids...-
Jump to: