VenomLand
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please beware, to register at venomland you are requested to use your full name (first and family name) - nicknames are not allowed and will be not activated! thx

Dear Venomland Members and Friends, Venomland is a little more than 6 years old now and by far the biggest Hot Snake community on the Planet! We want to thank all of you who made Venomland the leading Board. We are also very thankful to our Moderators and Admins for years of hard work. Now, it is time to move on. I have been thinking how to proceed and what to do with our beloved board as we reach a size, that we need to make drastic changes to secure the future of our community. As of now, Venomland is hosted by a free (well mostly free) hosting service. That was good for the first years but now we need to find a new way to run our forum. I have spend hundreds of Dollars over the years to keep Venomland up and running, and i have done so with pleasure. Now, we need your help! We need to come up with several thousand dollars for our Venomland 2.0 project, which i frankly cant pay for any longer by myself. So Venomland is asking his Friends and Members for the first time for their financial Support. Please help to keep Venomland alive, and let us move on to a new, better Portal in the Future! Every Dollar is helping us a great deal. I know, its hard times for everyone, but please spare a few Dollar for our community. If you have only 10 Dollars to spare, we are grateful, if it is more, it would be awesome. We are planning to develop a very new Venomland, with real community functions, a forum like you are already loving it and a real (online) Hot Snake Magazin. Also, there will be download areas for scientific papers, Wallpapers and more. Again folks, we can only do that if you all help. Please send me a Private Message if you want to keep Venomland alive, i will provide you with the details on how to donate Money. For now, we can accept money from creditcards via skrill (please google it, its a free service - account-details will be forwarded to you) and paypal. All the best, and for a (hopefully) nice future of our Board. Mario

Walterinnesia aegyptia CB2011

Go down 
+17
Dennis van Veldhuizen
Andrew Hacket
Rob Olivier
Christoph Studer
Harold van der Ploeg
Jorg Schenkels
Twan van Berge
Alvaro Galdeano Sada
Jan Jonkman
Hans Bergman
Sjuul Verhaegh
Peter van Issem
Randy Ciuros
Stefan Anthonijsz
Eli Carleton
Stefan Wennekes
Ro vd Bergh
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Stefan Wennekes
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer
Stefan Wennekes

Male
Number of posts : 157
Registration date : 2009-07-01

Walterinnesia aegyptia CB2011 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Walterinnesia aegyptia CB2011   Walterinnesia aegyptia CB2011 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 20 Jul - 21:38

Great news Ro !
I keep looking at these. Very nice.
Hope getting them to feed will be no problem. Wink

best regards
Back to top Go down
http://www.oldworldophidia.com/indexeng.html
Harold van der Ploeg
Snakemaster
Snakemaster
Harold van der Ploeg

Male
Number of posts : 282
Registration date : 2008-04-27

PostSubject: Re: Walterinnesia aegyptia CB2011   Walterinnesia aegyptia CB2011 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 20 Jul - 23:41

Congratulations Ro and S.!
Really nice little snakes. I'm happy for you it finally paid off the work Smile
Good luck with the little ones.

Cheers,
Harold
Back to top Go down
http://www.venomenal.com
Ro vd Bergh
Snakemaster
Snakemaster
Ro vd Bergh

Male
Number of posts : 290
Registration date : 2010-11-06

PostSubject: Re: Walterinnesia aegyptia CB2011   Walterinnesia aegyptia CB2011 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 23 Jul - 18:16

Thanks guys!

The 6th one died within 2 hours after coming out the egg. So 5 healthy looking babys.
Will try to take some pics this weekend!

Cheers, Ro.
Back to top Go down
Christoph Studer
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper
Christoph Studer

Male
Number of posts : 80
Registration date : 2009-01-16

PostSubject: Re: Walterinnesia aegyptia CB2011   Walterinnesia aegyptia CB2011 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 24 Jul - 19:15

good job ro...congrats mate Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Ro vd Bergh
Snakemaster
Snakemaster
Ro vd Bergh

Male

PostSubject: Re: Walterinnesia aegyptia CB2011   Walterinnesia aegyptia CB2011 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 29 Jul - 1:05

Thanks Christoph!

Will update with some pics soon. The're all in shed right now. I'm curious if one will feed on a live nestmouse.
Probably not but I'm going to try anyway.

Cheers, Ro.
Back to top Go down
Ro vd Bergh
Snakemaster
Snakemaster
Ro vd Bergh

Male

PostSubject: Re: Walterinnesia aegyptia CB2011   Walterinnesia aegyptia CB2011 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 23 Aug - 4:24

Sorry, no pics yet... Embarassed

But 3 out of 5 are eating by themselves! Never expected that. The other 2 showed lots of interest and will try again tonight when they start roaming around. Really nice result as I heard only trouble about raising them and the only one I raised didn't want to eat anything for at least the first 9 months.

Cheers, Ro.
Back to top Go down
Rob Olivier
Rob Olivier

Male
Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2011-08-19

PostSubject: Re: Walterinnesia aegyptia CB2011   Walterinnesia aegyptia CB2011 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 23 Aug - 16:50

Ro vd Bergh wrote:
But 3 out of 5 are eating by themselves!
That is good news Ro, congrats!
Back to top Go down
http://www.ratelslangen.nl
Harold van der Ploeg
Snakemaster
Snakemaster
Harold van der Ploeg

Male

PostSubject: Re: Walterinnesia aegyptia CB2011   Walterinnesia aegyptia CB2011 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 24 Aug - 2:08

Nice score of feeders already Ro cheers

Cheers,
Harold
Back to top Go down
Ro vd Bergh
Snakemaster
Snakemaster
Ro vd Bergh

Male

PostSubject: Re: Walterinnesia aegyptia CB2011   Walterinnesia aegyptia CB2011 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 24 Aug - 2:25

Thanks Rob and Harold. Yeah...I couldn't believe it. I think I have 4 eaters now but have to check to be sure if it's really gone.

Now I'm even more sad about what happened last year now they turn out to be not that difficult as expected.

Cheers, Ro.
Back to top Go down
Peter van Issem
Serpent Chief
Serpent Chief
Peter van Issem

Male
Number of posts : 707
Registration date : 2009-03-08

PostSubject: Re: Walterinnesia aegyptia CB2011   Walterinnesia aegyptia CB2011 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 24 Aug - 3:39

Wow, that sounds good Ro!
Me more than some other can imagine, that this is very very good.
You know wich trubble I have had with the offsprings. I try to give them everthing what I can bring.
Did the feed dead or living mices? Wich kind of mice, Lab´mice or Mastomys mice?
Back to top Go down
Ro vd Bergh
Snakemaster
Snakemaster
Ro vd Bergh

Male

PostSubject: Re: Walterinnesia aegyptia CB2011   Walterinnesia aegyptia CB2011 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 24 Aug - 3:51

Peter van Issem wrote:
Wow, that sounds good Ro!
Me more than some other can imagine, that this is very very good.
You know wich trubble I have had with the offsprings. I try to give them everthing what I can bring.
Did the feed dead or living mices? Wich kind of mice, Lab´mice or Mastomys mice?

I was wondering when somebody would ask this. I kinda expected you allready. Wink

All 3 ate a piece of chicken and at least 2 of them ate a pinkiehead as well. Just from normal labmouse pinkies.
All preyitems f/t! Allthough they ate a pinkiehead, I think the chicken got them started.

Before this I tried live pinkie, melt and a dead pink. Did not forcefed one of them. The chicken was grabbed straight away.
2 of the little ones ate during the day btw. I did not expect that as well since they start to get active around 9 o'clock every evening.

I keep them in a small containers this time with a lot of sand, wood, a piece of rock, a little waterboil. Maybe they feel more comfortable?

Cheers, Ro.
Back to top Go down
Ro vd Bergh
Snakemaster
Snakemaster
Ro vd Bergh

Male

PostSubject: Re: Walterinnesia aegyptia CB2011   Walterinnesia aegyptia CB2011 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 24 Aug - 6:05

Pics or it didn't happen right? So I decided to give the fattest of the bunch another meal. I wanted to do that yesterday but didn't feel like making more. She's eating the thigh of a chick this time.

Walterinnesia aegyptia CB2011 - Page 2 003tow

Walterinnesia aegyptia CB2011 - Page 2 006nh

Walterinnesia aegyptia CB2011 - Page 2 010cfa

Woohoo!!! Very Happy

Cheers, Ro.
Back to top Go down
Harold van der Ploeg
Snakemaster
Snakemaster
Harold van der Ploeg

Male

PostSubject: Re: Walterinnesia aegyptia CB2011   Walterinnesia aegyptia CB2011 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 24 Aug - 20:03

Very nice you succeeded in getting them started! Chicken works also for many of my Aspidelaps. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
Harold
Back to top Go down
Stefan Anthonijsz
Serpent Chief
Serpent Chief
Stefan Anthonijsz

Male
Number of posts : 556
Registration date : 2009-09-29

PostSubject: Re: Walterinnesia aegyptia CB2011   Walterinnesia aegyptia CB2011 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 24 Aug - 20:49

Congrats Ro!
Back to top Go down
Andrew Hacket
Snakemaster
Snakemaster
Andrew Hacket

Male
Number of posts : 448

PostSubject: Re: Walterinnesia aegyptia CB2011   Walterinnesia aegyptia CB2011 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 24 Aug - 23:27

Unfortunately I cannot see any images from anyone who uses imageshack. I just see ...

Walterinnesia aegyptia CB2011 - Page 2 006nh

Any advice ?
Back to top Go down
Ro vd Bergh
Snakemaster
Snakemaster
Ro vd Bergh

Male

PostSubject: Re: Walterinnesia aegyptia CB2011   Walterinnesia aegyptia CB2011 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 25 Aug - 6:48

Harold van der Ploeg wrote:
Very nice you succeeded in getting them started! Chicken works also for many of my Aspidelaps. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
Harold

Yeah I was hoping that chicken of Melt would work. I'm going to try Melt again tomorrow for the two that didn't eat yet. Maybe I was a bit too soon when I tried that the last time.

And you're welcome ofcourse but I would have told you anyway. clown

Thanks Stefan!

@Andrew; Okay, that's weird. I have no clue why you don't see pictures from imageshack. Did you try it with another browser?
Sorry mate, I'm not a PC expert by far, I'm pretty proud I can post pictures. Wink Maybe somebody else knows why?

Cheers, Ro.
Back to top Go down
Peter van Issem
Serpent Chief
Serpent Chief
Peter van Issem

Male
Number of posts : 707
Registration date : 2009-03-08

PostSubject: Re: Walterinnesia aegyptia CB2011   Walterinnesia aegyptia CB2011 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 26 Aug - 3:00

Yes Ro, thats nice that the feed by them self now and so fast after hatch.
I have start with dead mices of anny kind. then parts of rats etc. etc.
Parts of chickes also, but you know the results.
Maby it must be there first meal!? Then it works fine. Maby you found the key. Hope it works for the future. Nice to see, that the grow up. That makes me sure, that this species will establish for the future in our hobby. And we don´t need a lot of WC to offer them for a big comunity.
Back to top Go down
Ro vd Bergh
Snakemaster
Snakemaster
Ro vd Bergh

Male

PostSubject: Re: Walterinnesia aegyptia CB2011   Walterinnesia aegyptia CB2011 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 28 Aug - 0:41

Yeah I know, the one I bought from you didn't feel like eating chicken too. I don't know, maybe I'm just lucky.
It would be interesting to see what the offspring from next year will do. I have now 3 out of 5 eating by themselves.

Cheers, Ro.
Back to top Go down
Dennis van Veldhuizen

Male
Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2008-04-30

PostSubject: Re: Walterinnesia aegyptia CB2011   Walterinnesia aegyptia CB2011 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 1 Sep - 17:31

Congrats guys with the breeding result.

Best wishes,

Dennis.
Back to top Go down
Ro vd Bergh
Snakemaster
Snakemaster
Ro vd Bergh

Male

PostSubject: Re: Walterinnesia aegyptia CB2011   Walterinnesia aegyptia CB2011 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 2 Sep - 4:46

Fangs! Very Happy

Cheers, Ro.
Back to top Go down
NiekHofman
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper
NiekHofman

Male
Number of posts : 83
Registration date : 2009-12-15

PostSubject: Re: Walterinnesia aegyptia CB2011   Walterinnesia aegyptia CB2011 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 14 Sep - 4:01

nice nice!!!!!! great result!!!
Back to top Go down
Rob Wieland
Rob Wieland

Male
Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2011-05-31

PostSubject: Re: Walterinnesia aegyptia CB2011   Walterinnesia aegyptia CB2011 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 15 Sep - 1:26

Congrats Ro!
Back to top Go down
Ro vd Bergh
Snakemaster
Snakemaster
Ro vd Bergh

Male

PostSubject: Re: Walterinnesia aegyptia CB2011   Walterinnesia aegyptia CB2011 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 16 Sep - 23:56

Thanks guys!

Cheers, Ro.
Back to top Go down
Ro vd Bergh
Snakemaster
Snakemaster
Ro vd Bergh

Male

PostSubject: Re: Walterinnesia aegyptia CB2011   Walterinnesia aegyptia CB2011 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 20 Sep - 3:56

All 5 are eating by themselves. Two of them had to be forcefed twice before they started to eat.
Good stuff.

Cheers, Ro.
Back to top Go down
Gustav Eloy
Serpent Chief
Serpent Chief
Gustav Eloy

Male
Number of posts : 662
Registration date : 2010-09-09

PostSubject: Re: Walterinnesia aegyptia CB2011   Walterinnesia aegyptia CB2011 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 20 Sep - 4:16

congratulations, I´ve never seen this species before, they are really amazing and great news that all of them are eating by them selves, keep updating.
best wishes
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Walterinnesia aegyptia CB2011   Walterinnesia aegyptia CB2011 - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Walterinnesia aegyptia CB2011
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next