VenomLand
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please beware, to register at venomland you are requested to use your full name (first and family name) - nicknames are not allowed and will be not activated! thx

Dear Venomland Members and Friends, Venomland is a little more than 6 years old now and by far the biggest Hot Snake community on the Planet! We want to thank all of you who made Venomland the leading Board. We are also very thankful to our Moderators and Admins for years of hard work. Now, it is time to move on. I have been thinking how to proceed and what to do with our beloved board as we reach a size, that we need to make drastic changes to secure the future of our community. As of now, Venomland is hosted by a free (well mostly free) hosting service. That was good for the first years but now we need to find a new way to run our forum. I have spend hundreds of Dollars over the years to keep Venomland up and running, and i have done so with pleasure. Now, we need your help! We need to come up with several thousand dollars for our Venomland 2.0 project, which i frankly cant pay for any longer by myself. So Venomland is asking his Friends and Members for the first time for their financial Support. Please help to keep Venomland alive, and let us move on to a new, better Portal in the Future! Every Dollar is helping us a great deal. I know, its hard times for everyone, but please spare a few Dollar for our community. If you have only 10 Dollars to spare, we are grateful, if it is more, it would be awesome. We are planning to develop a very new Venomland, with real community functions, a forum like you are already loving it and a real (online) Hot Snake Magazin. Also, there will be download areas for scientific papers, Wallpapers and more. Again folks, we can only do that if you all help. Please send me a Private Message if you want to keep Venomland alive, i will provide you with the details on how to donate Money. For now, we can accept money from creditcards via skrill (please google it, its a free service - account-details will be forwarded to you) and paypal. All the best, and for a (hopefully) nice future of our Board. Mario

Naja oxiana hatchlings

Go down 
+2
Gavin Carpenter
Randy Ciuros
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Randy Ciuros
Serpent Chief
Serpent Chief
Randy Ciuros

Male
Number of posts : 585
Registration date : 2008-03-18

Naja oxiana hatchlings Empty
PostSubject: Naja oxiana hatchlings   Naja oxiana hatchlings Icon_minitimeFri 4 Jul - 10:28

The Russian Cobra eggs started hatching early morning July 3.

First baby to pip
Naja oxiana hatchlings RussianPipping1st

Second baby to pip
Naja oxiana hatchlings RussianPipping2nd

And the second to pip was the first out of the egg.
Naja oxiana hatchlings Russian1stOut01

Naja oxiana hatchlings Russian1stOut02

Naja oxiana hatchlings Russian1stOut03

Naja oxiana hatchlings Russian1stOut04

3 of 4 have pipped. 17 of 18 B&W Spitters hatched out. Still waiting on the Sumatran Spitters. Should be any day now.
Back to top Go down
http://www.venomstreet.com
Gavin Carpenter
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer

Male
Number of posts : 138
Registration date : 2008-04-03

PostSubject: Re: Naja oxiana hatchlings   Naja oxiana hatchlings Icon_minitimeFri 4 Jul - 12:42

Hey Randy, They are beautiful!!! Congratulations!
Cheers
Gavin
Back to top Go down
Peter Pastor
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer
Peter Pastor

Number of posts : 204
Registration date : 2008-03-08

PostSubject: Re: Naja oxiana hatchlings   Naja oxiana hatchlings Icon_minitimeFri 4 Jul - 14:45

Congratulation, Randy!!!!
They are amazing, shame you didn`t have more eggs now... Anyway, it`s good start and hope for the future... Now let`s to sex small beasts, I hope at least 1 male will join our 2 females soon Wink Wink

All the best,
Peter P.
Back to top Go down
Peter Zürcher
Admin
Admin
Peter Zürcher

Male
Number of posts : 1266
Registration date : 2008-03-06

PostSubject: Re: Naja oxiana hatchlings   Naja oxiana hatchlings Icon_minitimeFri 4 Jul - 15:07

Congratulations, Randy!
May we see any pictures from the black and white spitters too?

Cheers
Peter
Back to top Go down
http://www.reptilienzoonockalm.at
Mario Lutz
Lord of the Serpents
Lord of the Serpents
Mario Lutz

Male
Number of posts : 1416

PostSubject: Re: Naja oxiana hatchlings   Naja oxiana hatchlings Icon_minitimeFri 4 Jul - 15:51

jealous regards.

Mario
Back to top Go down
http://www.venomland.org
Randy Ciuros
Serpent Chief
Serpent Chief
Randy Ciuros

Male

PostSubject: Re: Naja oxiana hatchlings   Naja oxiana hatchlings Icon_minitimeFri 4 Jul - 23:55

Thanks everyone. Producing Russians was a first for me, and especially good because I really love them, even if they aren't so eye-catching as adults. They do have a lot of personality. Even the babies. They will not sit still. Always standing, hooding, and lunging at me. Kind of funny because they try to stand very high, and they can not balance very well yet, so they keep falling over. I've seen other Cobras babies do that, but these guys are even more spastic looking. As soon as they shed, I will sex them.

Peter Z.
A couple "out of the egg" B&W pics. Only 3 or 4 babies are banded. The rest of the 17 babies are high white with the black head, neck, and dorsal stripe
Naja oxiana hatchlings BW001

Naja oxiana hatchlings BW002

and one for you Mario. The Sumatrans finally started pipping today, July 4th, Independance Day here in America. 77 days from being laid. Last year I incubated at a slightly higher temp, 1-2 degrees higher, and they hatched in 74 days.

Naja oxiana hatchlings Sumatrans08
Back to top Go down
Peter Pastor
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer
Peter Pastor

PostSubject: Re: Naja oxiana hatchlings   Naja oxiana hatchlings Icon_minitimeSat 5 Jul - 0:08

It looks you have really amazing Independence Day this year!!!

Those siamensis babies look nice as well, color is similar to those we are producing too. I know this behaivour of Russian cobras as well, even if they are adult, they like to stand high and show us their hood. Always ready to show you what cobras are... I love them...

Can`t wait to see more pictures of sumatranas, that`s great they started to hatch as well!!!

Huge congratulation for all breeding!

All the best,
Peter P.
Back to top Go down
Randy Ciuros
Serpent Chief
Serpent Chief
Randy Ciuros

Male

PostSubject: Re: Naja oxiana hatchlings   Naja oxiana hatchlings Icon_minitimeSat 5 Jul - 0:33

Thanks Peter I'll take pics of the Sumatrans as soon as one comes out.
Back to top Go down
Peter Pastor
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer
Peter Pastor

PostSubject: Re: Naja oxiana hatchlings   Naja oxiana hatchlings Icon_minitimeSun 6 Jul - 4:25

Hi Randy,

did all 4 babies of oxianas hatched? Just curious...

All the best,
Peter P.
Back to top Go down
Randy Ciuros
Serpent Chief
Serpent Chief
Randy Ciuros

Male

PostSubject: Re: Naja oxiana hatchlings   Naja oxiana hatchlings Icon_minitimeSun 6 Jul - 5:13

Yup all 4 hatched out July 4th. I'd post pics of all 4 but they all look the same, lol.
Back to top Go down
Peter Pastor
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer
Peter Pastor

PostSubject: Re: Naja oxiana hatchlings   Naja oxiana hatchlings Icon_minitimeSun 6 Jul - 5:37

Yeah, I know they all look the same Wink I remmember it well from approx. 6 year ago, when Ludwig Trutnau brought us "a pair" over a friend`s house. When he opened a box with them, both stood up immediatelly... Amazing banded color they have... It`s shame we didn`t take more that time... Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Mario Lutz
Lord of the Serpents
Lord of the Serpents
Mario Lutz

Male
Number of posts : 1416

PostSubject: Re: Naja oxiana hatchlings   Naja oxiana hatchlings Icon_minitimeSun 6 Jul - 11:01

yep peter, sometimes we just dont see the forrest because of to much trees... earlier, everyone kept oxianas - today, they seem to have vanished... just wondering where they are all?

congratulation Randy!!! i sure love your success man!

Cheers
Mario
Back to top Go down
http://www.venomland.org
Randy Ciuros
Serpent Chief
Serpent Chief
Randy Ciuros

Male

PostSubject: Re: Naja oxiana hatchlings   Naja oxiana hatchlings Icon_minitimeMon 7 Jul - 0:09

many thanks Mario I can not say luck hasn't played a roll, though I have learned a lot about breeding in the past few years from people with much more experience than myself.
Back to top Go down
Carsten Frömberg
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer

Number of posts : 114
Registration date : 2008-03-25

PostSubject: Re: Naja oxiana hatchlings   Naja oxiana hatchlings Icon_minitimeMon 7 Jul - 17:53

Wow...congratulation....very nice hatchlings! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Randy Ciuros
Serpent Chief
Serpent Chief
Randy Ciuros

Male

PostSubject: Re: Naja oxiana hatchlings   Naja oxiana hatchlings Icon_minitimeMon 7 Jul - 23:57

Thanks Carsten

I've only been into Cobras and other non-USA venomous since 1999, so I don't remember when they were once popular. I do remember talking to Alan Hunter in Canada, and he had some adults. Then Glades advertised some CB'02 hatchlings in early 2003. They only had males, so I bought a male and received it on 03/11/03. Now seeing these babies I hatched out, I'm wondering if the one I got from Glades was actually an '02 or '03. The one I got from Glades was smaller than these hatchlings are now. I have a hard time believing the male from Glades was already 6-8 months old.

Anyway, once I got the male, I started looking for a female, and didn't see any for years. I think Glades might have advertised some male babies again one time, maybe, but that was it.

Then I met a guy in Florida that had 2.1 or 1.2 and he wanted an outrageous price and he'd only sell all three together, so I didn't buy them. Not that I could afford them.

Then on 11/07/06, my buddy Matt Crews (Victory Reptiles) told me he had a female for sale if I wanted it. I went right to his house and got her. She may have been one of the females the other guy in Florida had, since he nor I new of any others.

I lucked out on this deal, and got babies. Hopefully, I'll get more good eggs next year, but I'll be looking for some other Russians in the meantime.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Naja oxiana hatchlings   Naja oxiana hatchlings Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Naja oxiana hatchlings
Page 1 of 1