VenomLand
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please beware, to register at venomland you are requested to use your full name (first and family name) - nicknames are not allowed and will be not activated! thx

Dear Venomland Members and Friends, Venomland is a little more than 6 years old now and by far the biggest Hot Snake community on the Planet! We want to thank all of you who made Venomland the leading Board. We are also very thankful to our Moderators and Admins for years of hard work. Now, it is time to move on. I have been thinking how to proceed and what to do with our beloved board as we reach a size, that we need to make drastic changes to secure the future of our community. As of now, Venomland is hosted by a free (well mostly free) hosting service. That was good for the first years but now we need to find a new way to run our forum. I have spend hundreds of Dollars over the years to keep Venomland up and running, and i have done so with pleasure. Now, we need your help! We need to come up with several thousand dollars for our Venomland 2.0 project, which i frankly cant pay for any longer by myself. So Venomland is asking his Friends and Members for the first time for their financial Support. Please help to keep Venomland alive, and let us move on to a new, better Portal in the Future! Every Dollar is helping us a great deal. I know, its hard times for everyone, but please spare a few Dollar for our community. If you have only 10 Dollars to spare, we are grateful, if it is more, it would be awesome. We are planning to develop a very new Venomland, with real community functions, a forum like you are already loving it and a real (online) Hot Snake Magazin. Also, there will be download areas for scientific papers, Wallpapers and more. Again folks, we can only do that if you all help. Please send me a Private Message if you want to keep Venomland alive, i will provide you with the details on how to donate Money. For now, we can accept money from creditcards via skrill (please google it, its a free service - account-details will be forwarded to you) and paypal. All the best, and for a (hopefully) nice future of our Board. Mario

Herpetologist Bhaskar Deka has passed away

Go down 
+16
Wolfgang Wüster
Joel Power
Hans Bergman
Vincent Troost
Danny Breetveld
Sebastian Arvidsson
Sheri Monk
Albert J. Montejo
Wojciech Kuklewicz
Peter Zürcher
Paul Nicholas Dunn
Mats Jonsson
Graeme Skinner
Frederic Degrune
Bostjan Kraner
Mike Spencer
20 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Mike Spencer
Snakemaster
Snakemaster
Mike Spencer

Male
Number of posts : 386
Registration date : 2010-06-27

Herpetologist Bhaskar Deka has passed away Empty
PostSubject: Herpetologist Bhaskar Deka has passed away   Herpetologist Bhaskar Deka has passed away Icon_minitimeMon 24 Oct - 16:15

Vertebrate Zoologist/Herpetologist with the Brazil Zoological Institute Bhaskar Deka passed away earlier today from complications that arose from the bite of a South American Bushmaster (Lachesis muta muta). He was pronounced dead approximately 6 hours after being bitten, and passed from a brain hemorrhage and kidney failure.

Aside from being a great herpetologist, he was an incredible wildlife and nature photographer.

Here is a post on another forum showcasing some of his images:
http://www.aussiepythons.com/forum/general-reptile-discussion-42/death-bhaskar-deka-172629/

My condolences go out to all his friends, family, co workers, and everybody that has been associated with him in one way or another.

Back to top Go down
http://www.michaelrayspencer.com
Bostjan Kraner
Serpent Chief
Serpent Chief
Bostjan Kraner

Male
Number of posts : 568
Registration date : 2010-03-14

PostSubject: Re: Herpetologist Bhaskar Deka has passed away   Herpetologist Bhaskar Deka has passed away Icon_minitimeMon 24 Oct - 16:41

Sad news. Sincere condolences to his family, friends and co-workers.

Best regards, BKK
Back to top Go down
Frederic Degrune

Male
Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2011-10-24

PostSubject: Re: Herpetologist Bhaskar Deka has passed away   Herpetologist Bhaskar Deka has passed away Icon_minitimeMon 24 Oct - 18:59

Sincere condolences
Back to top Go down
Graeme Skinner
Snakemaster
Snakemaster
Graeme Skinner

Male
Number of posts : 466
Registration date : 2009-02-19

PostSubject: Re: Herpetologist Bhaskar Deka has passed away   Herpetologist Bhaskar Deka has passed away Icon_minitimeMon 24 Oct - 19:13

Another very sad day, amazing photographer, condolences to his family, friends and co-workers

Graeme

Back to top Go down
Mats Jonsson
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer
Mats Jonsson

Male
Number of posts : 149
Registration date : 2011-08-04

PostSubject: Re: Herpetologist Bhaskar Deka has passed away   Herpetologist Bhaskar Deka has passed away Icon_minitimeMon 24 Oct - 20:56

No so tragic! My deepest thoughts to his family and close ones!!
reg
Mats
Back to top Go down
Paul Nicholas Dunn
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer
Paul Nicholas Dunn

Male
Number of posts : 102
Registration date : 2011-05-06

PostSubject: Re: Herpetologist Bhaskar Deka has passed away   Herpetologist Bhaskar Deka has passed away Icon_minitimeMon 24 Oct - 21:01

condolenses to his family and friends.
Back to top Go down
Peter Zürcher
Admin
Admin
Peter Zürcher

Male
Number of posts : 1266
Registration date : 2008-03-06

PostSubject: Re: Herpetologist Bhaskar Deka has passed away   Herpetologist Bhaskar Deka has passed away Icon_minitimeMon 24 Oct - 21:22

Our deepest sympathy to his family and friends.
I just had a look at some of his pictures, and i must say that nature and its beauty has lost one of its most ardent advocates.
Very sad - what a year with all these losses....
VenomLand team
Peter
Back to top Go down
http://www.reptilienzoonockalm.at
Wojciech Kuklewicz
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper

Male
Number of posts : 41
Registration date : 2010-11-08

PostSubject: Re: Herpetologist Bhaskar Deka has passed away   Herpetologist Bhaskar Deka has passed away Icon_minitimeMon 24 Oct - 22:44

What is going on on this year ? This year is true black year Sad Rest in peace man !!!
Back to top Go down
Albert J. Montejo
Snakemaster
Snakemaster

Male
Number of posts : 306
Registration date : 2011-03-01

PostSubject: Re: Herpetologist Bhaskar Deka has passed away   Herpetologist Bhaskar Deka has passed away Icon_minitimeMon 24 Oct - 22:47

Occupational hazards and mishaps are a reminder to us all that we are human and inclined to err , argumentively i cant express my thoughts on if your not at your best , do not enter your work space be it the field or the laboratory.

Condolences to Bhaskar's family for your heavy loses.

Albert.
Back to top Go down
Sheri Monk

Sheri Monk

Female
Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2011-10-25

PostSubject: Re: Herpetologist Bhaskar Deka has passed away   Herpetologist Bhaskar Deka has passed away Icon_minitimeTue 25 Oct - 0:31

Very sad, and yet another loss for this field.
Back to top Go down
Sebastian Arvidsson
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer
Sebastian Arvidsson

Male
Number of posts : 109
Registration date : 2011-02-13

PostSubject: Re: Herpetologist Bhaskar Deka has passed away   Herpetologist Bhaskar Deka has passed away Icon_minitimeTue 25 Oct - 0:36

very sad..R.I.P
Back to top Go down
Danny Breetveld
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper
Danny Breetveld

Male
Number of posts : 71
Registration date : 2010-11-10

PostSubject: Re: Herpetologist Bhaskar Deka has passed away   Herpetologist Bhaskar Deka has passed away Icon_minitimeTue 25 Oct - 0:41

Very sad..Condolenses to his family and friends.
Back to top Go down
Vincent Troost
Vincent Troost

Male
Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2011-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Herpetologist Bhaskar Deka has passed away   Herpetologist Bhaskar Deka has passed away Icon_minitimeTue 25 Oct - 0:42

Another black day in the world of snake lovers and herpetologists.... Sad

My sincere condolences to his family and friends.

Grtzz. Vinc.
Back to top Go down
Hans Bergman
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer
Hans Bergman

Male
Number of posts : 124
Registration date : 2011-04-07

PostSubject: Re: Herpetologist Bhaskar Deka has passed away   Herpetologist Bhaskar Deka has passed away Icon_minitimeTue 25 Oct - 3:56

Very sad ...
Condolenses to his family
Back to top Go down
Joel Power
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer
Joel Power

Male
Number of posts : 136
Registration date : 2011-07-29

PostSubject: Re: Herpetologist Bhaskar Deka has passed away   Herpetologist Bhaskar Deka has passed away Icon_minitimeTue 25 Oct - 5:35

Sad Sad sincere condolences to his family and friends.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgang Wüster
Systematicus
Systematicus

Number of posts : 273
Registration date : 2008-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Herpetologist Bhaskar Deka has passed away   Herpetologist Bhaskar Deka has passed away Icon_minitimeTue 25 Oct - 5:46

Does anyone here actually know the deceased? I will admit that I had never heard of him until today.

I don't wish to cast aspersions or show disrespect, but neither Google nor Google Images seems to have heard of either him or of the "Brazil Zoological Institute".

Even more strangely, some of the photos attributed to him on the Aussiepythons thread are attributed to others elsewhere - e.g., the shot of the Bothriechis aurifer, which is attributed to a Tim Vickers here: http://lt.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vaizdas:Bothriechis_aurifer_(2).jpg

And the photo of the nectar feeding Phelsuma is by Mark Moffett: http://photography.nationalgeographic.com/photography/photo-of-the-day/ornate-day-gecko-mauritius/

All a little odd, I would say.
Back to top Go down
http://www.bangor.ac.uk/~bss166/
Mats Jonsson
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer
Mats Jonsson

Male

PostSubject: Re: Herpetologist Bhaskar Deka has passed away   Herpetologist Bhaskar Deka has passed away Icon_minitimeTue 25 Oct - 6:21

Yea I did the same and couldnot find anything in the news! but there is a FB page with that name and institute!! Im confused!!!
reg
Mats
Back to top Go down
Mats Jonsson
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer
Mats Jonsson

Male

PostSubject: Re: Herpetologist Bhaskar Deka has passed away   Herpetologist Bhaskar Deka has passed away Icon_minitimeTue 25 Oct - 6:27

Wolfgang are you the same as Caissaca?
reg
Mats
Back to top Go down
Wolfgang Wüster
Systematicus
Systematicus

Number of posts : 273
Registration date : 2008-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Herpetologist Bhaskar Deka has passed away   Herpetologist Bhaskar Deka has passed away Icon_minitimeTue 25 Oct - 7:15

Last edited by Wolfgang Wüster on Tue 25 Oct - 14:56; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.bangor.ac.uk/~bss166/
Mike Spencer
Snakemaster
Snakemaster
Mike Spencer

Male
Number of posts : 386
Registration date : 2010-06-27

PostSubject: Re: Herpetologist Bhaskar Deka has passed away   Herpetologist Bhaskar Deka has passed away Icon_minitimeTue 25 Oct - 8:52

I only knew "him" from facebook, like a lot of other people, apparently, but I heard about this from a good friend/coherper and from the same aussiepythons thread that was mentioned a few posts above. I'm not sure what's going on though, now.
Back to top Go down
http://www.michaelrayspencer.com
David Williams
David Williams

Male
Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2010-03-21

PostSubject: Re: Herpetologist Bhaskar Deka has passed away   Herpetologist Bhaskar Deka has passed away Icon_minitimeTue 25 Oct - 13:44

Looks to me like you've all been conned by someone...
Back to top Go down
http://www.kingsnake.com/aho/aho.html
Peter Zürcher
Admin
Admin
Peter Zürcher

Male
Number of posts : 1266
Registration date : 2008-03-06

PostSubject: Re: Herpetologist Bhaskar Deka has passed away   Herpetologist Bhaskar Deka has passed away Icon_minitimeTue 25 Oct - 15:56

If that's indeed a kind of tasteless amusement - shame on those who started it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.reptilienzoonockalm.at
David Williams
David Williams

Male

PostSubject: Re: Herpetologist Bhaskar Deka has passed away   Herpetologist Bhaskar Deka has passed away Icon_minitimeTue 25 Oct - 16:02

Everything points to this bloke only 'existing' on Facebook. His supposedly famous photos are stolen from public websites, his wife is a picture off the internet, his institution doesn't exist in the real world, and everyone who has ever caught him out in a lie was instantly blocked from his FB profile (which itself ceased to exist this morning) ... it sounds like the sort of game that some like that other infamous (but bogus) Oxford University-trained, WHO-employed herpetologist "Ian D Simpson would dream up ...
Back to top Go down
Albert J. Montejo
Snakemaster
Snakemaster

Male
Number of posts : 306
Registration date : 2011-03-01

PostSubject: Re: Herpetologist Bhaskar Deka has passed away   Herpetologist Bhaskar Deka has passed away Icon_minitimeTue 25 Oct - 16:04

Dave, in this case it would be a relief if it were a hoax as the loss of even one life is too many.
Back to top Go down
David Williams
David Williams

Male

PostSubject: Re: Herpetologist Bhaskar Deka has passed away   Herpetologist Bhaskar Deka has passed away Icon_minitimeTue 25 Oct - 16:05

True enough Albert indeed
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Herpetologist Bhaskar Deka has passed away   Herpetologist Bhaskar Deka has passed away Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Herpetologist Bhaskar Deka has passed away
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next