VenomLand
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please beware, to register at venomland you are requested to use your full name (first and family name) - nicknames are not allowed and will be not activated! thx

Dear Venomland Members and Friends, Venomland is a little more than 6 years old now and by far the biggest Hot Snake community on the Planet! We want to thank all of you who made Venomland the leading Board. We are also very thankful to our Moderators and Admins for years of hard work. Now, it is time to move on. I have been thinking how to proceed and what to do with our beloved board as we reach a size, that we need to make drastic changes to secure the future of our community. As of now, Venomland is hosted by a free (well mostly free) hosting service. That was good for the first years but now we need to find a new way to run our forum. I have spend hundreds of Dollars over the years to keep Venomland up and running, and i have done so with pleasure. Now, we need your help! We need to come up with several thousand dollars for our Venomland 2.0 project, which i frankly cant pay for any longer by myself. So Venomland is asking his Friends and Members for the first time for their financial Support. Please help to keep Venomland alive, and let us move on to a new, better Portal in the Future! Every Dollar is helping us a great deal. I know, its hard times for everyone, but please spare a few Dollar for our community. If you have only 10 Dollars to spare, we are grateful, if it is more, it would be awesome. We are planning to develop a very new Venomland, with real community functions, a forum like you are already loving it and a real (online) Hot Snake Magazin. Also, there will be download areas for scientific papers, Wallpapers and more. Again folks, we can only do that if you all help. Please send me a Private Message if you want to keep Venomland alive, i will provide you with the details on how to donate Money. For now, we can accept money from creditcards via skrill (please google it, its a free service - account-details will be forwarded to you) and paypal. All the best, and for a (hopefully) nice future of our Board. Mario

Bad News/Austrian herpetologist gave up his business

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Martin Tischitz

Male
Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2011-04-11

Bad News/Austrian herpetologist gave up his business Empty
PostSubject: Bad News/Austrian herpetologist gave up his business   Bad News/Austrian herpetologist gave up his business Icon_minitimeFri 27 Apr - 19:29

Last year i informed myself a bit about Ahaetulla prasina/nasuta
I was the luckiest guy on earth when I suddenly found out that the man where i bought almost all my animals was very successful in breeding this two species.
So i decided to visit him at his shop in Graz, Styria.
I watched at his beautiful young Ahaetullas, I was just so facinated by them.
But I decided to wait until i had finished the military service --> turned out to be the wrong decision

So today I decided to give him a call, the talk is of Heinz Hubmann

his facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/reptilienzoo
his homepage: reptilien.com

I was shocked when I heard that he gave up his business
He said that there are several reasons for this:
A XXXXdeletedXXXX of the city Graz how wanted to damage his business all the time
So called "experts" who think it is not ncessary to consult a man that really knows what's goning on
The austrian government and austrian laws (which are just usless but this was discussed in an other thread)

These are just a few reasons (i would take to much time to list all of them)

I am really really sad and shocked know
He had one of a few or maybe the only serious business in austria which was specialized on selling reptiles (as far as i know)

regards
martin
Back to top Go down
Peter Zürcher
Admin
Admin
Peter Zürcher

Male
Number of posts : 1266
Registration date : 2008-03-06

PostSubject: Re: Bad News/Austrian herpetologist gave up his business   Bad News/Austrian herpetologist gave up his business Icon_minitimeFri 27 Apr - 20:23

Why are you posting that here?
I mean that story is wether from interest for our foreign members, nor the Austrian users, who followed these quarellings for years and are just tired of'em yet.
Additionally your posting creates a very onesided picture of that case, and i doubt you can judge that and discover the truth based only on one visit and one phonecall.....
I deleted your accusation of a person of authority, please restrain yourself!
regards
Peter
Back to top Go down
http://www.reptilienzoonockalm.at
Martin Tischitz

Male

PostSubject: Re: Bad News/Austrian herpetologist gave up his business   Bad News/Austrian herpetologist gave up his business Icon_minitimeFri 27 Apr - 20:55

I posted it to show that not only private persons get/got in conflict with the government and laws in austria
A serious business-man had to give up his passion!
Yes, maybe you are right and foreign users are not interested in this topic at all but I think austrian members will pay attention to it and that's the reason for posting this here
otherwise there would not be a topic like this:
http://www.venomland.net/t4874-important-decisions-in-austria

Peter Zürcher wrote:

...and i doubt you can judge that and discover the truth based only on one visit and one phonecall.....
One visit and one phone call for Ahaetulla prasina/nasuta
Martin Tischitz wrote:

that the man where i bought almost all my animals
Should say enough

I understand that you deleted it, straight after posting this I thought about editing it but i decided to wait and see what will happen, sorry for that

regards
martin
Back to top Go down
Peter Zürcher
Admin
Admin
Peter Zürcher

Male
Number of posts : 1266
Registration date : 2008-03-06

PostSubject: Re: Bad News/Austrian herpetologist gave up his business   Bad News/Austrian herpetologist gave up his business Icon_minitimeFri 27 Apr - 21:23

Quote :
but I think austrian members will pay attention to it

i don't hope so - would just be another silly thread far away from what VenomLand has been created for (and which i will close as soon as someone will overact that here!)

Quote :
I posted it to show that not only private persons get/got in conflict with the government and laws in austria

That's well known anyway , everyone can get in conflict with the government and it's authorities - private persons as well as stores, zoos or other business forms. Needless to say that most of'em manage their activities without conflicts, or at least they're looking for solutions on a factual level....

Peter
Back to top Go down
http://www.reptilienzoonockalm.at
Martin Tischitz

Male

PostSubject: Re: Bad News/Austrian herpetologist gave up his business   Bad News/Austrian herpetologist gave up his business Icon_minitimeFri 27 Apr - 21:49

Peter Zürcher wrote:

i don't hope so - would just be another silly thread far away from what VenomLand has been created for (and which i will close as soon as someone will overact that here!)
good to know...
Peter Zürcher wrote:

Needless to say that most of'em manage their activities without conflicts, or at least they're looking for solutions on a factual level....
Never said that this is not the case
I only said that it is sad that a person (who is maybe known by some members) gave up...

regards
martin
Back to top Go down
Rainer Fesser
Systematicus
Systematicus

Male
Number of posts : 565
Registration date : 2008-03-13

PostSubject: Re: Bad News/Austrian herpetologist gave up his business   Bad News/Austrian herpetologist gave up his business Icon_minitimeSat 28 Apr - 3:57

Hello Martin,

just a few comments to your post.

Until last year I never had anything to do with Mr. Hubmann as I avoided him - from my view with good reasons. But on October 3rd 2011 I was in the rooms where Mr. Hubmann has kept his animals until that day. I was there as an expert for reptiles together with the government veterinarian of the city of Graz. (If you want, you can call me a "So called expert", I don´t mind.) I was shocked about the housing and "husbandry" of some of the snakes. If there would have been anything wrong about this official act - why didn´t Mr. Hubmann go to court and appeal against it? From what I have seen there he had good reason not to do so.

The government veterinarian of the city of Graz: I know how he acts / works. A number of persons who keep reptiles in Graz have told me about it and I have been with him a few times. Nobody who keeps his animals according to the Austrian law about animal welfare (for reptiles: 2. Tierhaltungsverordnung, 2005) or the Styrian regulations about keeping potentially dangerous reptiles has ever had any problems with him. And whenever he "made problems", there was something wrong about the way the animals were kept or about safety if potentially dangerous reptiles were involved.

Thread about Austrian laws: If you followed that thread to the end you must have realized that this proposal DID NOT become law. It was nothing than a proposal by a member of parliament belonging to a political party that from time to time tries to push something like this for populistic reasons. Though things like this may happen here, I prefer to live in a land with this type of political system than in many others. And even if there are some weak points in our law about keeping reptiles (and other "wild animals"), there are clear regulations. It´s not hard to keep your animals according to these regulations and keeping them even better will surely not bring you into troubles with your government veterinarian.

My last comment:
You are one of a few people who are sad about the fact that Mr. Hubmann gave up this business, most are not.

Regards,
Rainer
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bad News/Austrian herpetologist gave up his business   Bad News/Austrian herpetologist gave up his business Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bad News/Austrian herpetologist gave up his business
Page 1 of 1