VenomLand
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please beware, to register at venomland you are requested to use your full name (first and family name) - nicknames are not allowed and will be not activated! thx

Dear Venomland Members and Friends, Venomland is a little more than 6 years old now and by far the biggest Hot Snake community on the Planet! We want to thank all of you who made Venomland the leading Board. We are also very thankful to our Moderators and Admins for years of hard work. Now, it is time to move on. I have been thinking how to proceed and what to do with our beloved board as we reach a size, that we need to make drastic changes to secure the future of our community. As of now, Venomland is hosted by a free (well mostly free) hosting service. That was good for the first years but now we need to find a new way to run our forum. I have spend hundreds of Dollars over the years to keep Venomland up and running, and i have done so with pleasure. Now, we need your help! We need to come up with several thousand dollars for our Venomland 2.0 project, which i frankly cant pay for any longer by myself. So Venomland is asking his Friends and Members for the first time for their financial Support. Please help to keep Venomland alive, and let us move on to a new, better Portal in the Future! Every Dollar is helping us a great deal. I know, its hard times for everyone, but please spare a few Dollar for our community. If you have only 10 Dollars to spare, we are grateful, if it is more, it would be awesome. We are planning to develop a very new Venomland, with real community functions, a forum like you are already loving it and a real (online) Hot Snake Magazin. Also, there will be download areas for scientific papers, Wallpapers and more. Again folks, we can only do that if you all help. Please send me a Private Message if you want to keep Venomland alive, i will provide you with the details on how to donate Money. For now, we can accept money from creditcards via skrill (please google it, its a free service - account-details will be forwarded to you) and paypal. All the best, and for a (hopefully) nice future of our Board. Mario

O. scutellatus canni head shots

Go down 
+7
Danny Breetveld
Sebastian Arvidsson
Joel Power
Stefan Anthonijsz
Harold van der Ploeg
Patrick Vince
Klaus Roemer
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Klaus Roemer
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer

Male
Number of posts : 222
Registration date : 2011-03-26

O. scutellatus canni head shots Empty
PostSubject: O. scutellatus canni head shots   O. scutellatus canni head shots Icon_minitimeMon 14 Nov - 16:50

This 2 m female, which I got as a baby from Peter Pastor, produced offspring for the first time this year. Yeahhh!!
O. scutellatus canni head shots Cannihead3
O. scutellatus canni head shots Cannihead2
Back to top Go down
Patrick Vince
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper

Male
Number of posts : 96
Registration date : 2009-09-22

PostSubject: Re: O. scutellatus canni head shots   O. scutellatus canni head shots Icon_minitimeMon 14 Nov - 17:30

Very nice ! she has a very clear head, and a colorfull body!
Mine is far more dark and less contrasted in color.How is the male ?
R.
Back to top Go down
Harold van der Ploeg
Snakemaster
Snakemaster
Harold van der Ploeg

Male
Number of posts : 282
Registration date : 2008-04-27

PostSubject: Re: O. scutellatus canni head shots   O. scutellatus canni head shots Icon_minitimeMon 14 Nov - 17:58

Nice picture of a nice snake Klaus.
Thanks for sharing. And great that you already bred them.

Cheers,
Harold
Back to top Go down
http://www.venomenal.com
Stefan Anthonijsz
Serpent Chief
Serpent Chief
Stefan Anthonijsz

Male
Number of posts : 556
Registration date : 2009-09-29

PostSubject: Re: O. scutellatus canni head shots   O. scutellatus canni head shots Icon_minitimeMon 14 Nov - 23:51

Beautiful pictures Klaus! I really like taipans Smile
Back to top Go down
Joel Power
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer
Joel Power

Male
Number of posts : 136
Registration date : 2011-07-29

PostSubject: Re: O. scutellatus canni head shots   O. scutellatus canni head shots Icon_minitimeSat 19 Nov - 5:02

Handsome taipan Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sebastian Arvidsson
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer
Sebastian Arvidsson

Male
Number of posts : 109
Registration date : 2011-02-13

PostSubject: Re: O. scutellatus canni head shots   O. scutellatus canni head shots Icon_minitimeMon 2 Jan - 1:40

very nice pics for sure!
Back to top Go down
Danny Breetveld
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper
Danny Breetveld

Male
Number of posts : 71
Registration date : 2010-11-10

PostSubject: Re: O. scutellatus canni head shots   O. scutellatus canni head shots Icon_minitimeWed 4 Jan - 0:13

Very nice taipan Cool
Back to top Go down
Paul Nicholas Dunn
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer
Paul Nicholas Dunn

Male
Number of posts : 102
Registration date : 2011-05-06

PostSubject: Re: O. scutellatus canni head shots   O. scutellatus canni head shots Icon_minitimeThu 24 Jan - 5:58

Im hoping to have one from peter very soon i cant wait lol. Yours is a very nice taipan i hope mine looks just as good
Back to top Go down
Ronald Streeter
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper
Ronald Streeter

Male
Number of posts : 85
Registration date : 2012-06-08

PostSubject: Re: O. scutellatus canni head shots   O. scutellatus canni head shots Icon_minitimeThu 24 Jan - 22:04

That's a great pic of that beauty. They are quite potent and bleeding is hard to control, as with many of the Ozzie elapids.

Regards Ron
Back to top Go down
Thomas Eimermacher
Thomas Eimermacher

Male
Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2013-10-01

PostSubject: Re: O. scutellatus canni head shots   O. scutellatus canni head shots Icon_minitimeThu 14 Nov - 9:47

Congratulations, Klaus! Good to "see" you again, by the way! Its been a while.
Back to top Go down
Klaus Roemer
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer

Male

PostSubject: Re: O. scutellatus canni head shots   O. scutellatus canni head shots Icon_minitimeThu 14 Nov - 18:35

Hi Thomas,

yeah, good to have you on this forum. Lots of interesting people and topics here. I'm looking forward to discussing issues with you.

Take care,

Klaus
Back to top Go down
Paul Hermann
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper

Male
Number of posts : 66
Registration date : 2016-02-10

PostSubject: Re: O. scutellatus canni head shots   O. scutellatus canni head shots Icon_minitimeThu 11 Feb - 18:03

Very nice pictures, papuan taipans are beautiful animals.
Back to top Go down
Klaus Roemer
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer

Male

PostSubject: Re: O. scutellatus canni head shots   O. scutellatus canni head shots Icon_minitimeThu 11 Feb - 23:31

Welcome, Paul, and yes, they are very beautiful animals, very active -cruising all day long. Nonetheless, of all the approx. 60 different species of venomous snakes that I kept in the past 30 years (including mambas and brownsnakes) they are also the species that most often scared me to near-heart-attack. Papuan taipans are not aggressive but extremely nervous and lightning-fast. I remember one incident where I was having a taipan jumping on my lap just because I was spraying his enclosure with warm water. I really wonder that, inspite of so many people keeping these animals these days, nothing serious seem to have happened in the past years (as far as I know).
Back to top Go down
Paul Hermann
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper

Male

PostSubject: Re: O. scutellatus canni head shots   O. scutellatus canni head shots Icon_minitimeFri 12 Feb - 4:57

Thank you Klaus, it is interesting to read about your experience with elapids. It seems that papuan taipans are both very interesting and scary animals to work with. I don't recall having heard about serious bites with captive specimens in the past years as well but I learned recently that many deaths occur each year in Papua New Guinea because of this species. Come to think of it, a famous herpetologist named D. Williams has been publishing interesting things about the Oxyuranus genus and the unfortunate accidents involving papuan taipans in New Guinea.
Back to top Go down
Klaus Roemer
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer

Male

PostSubject: Re: O. scutellatus canni head shots   O. scutellatus canni head shots Icon_minitimeFri 12 Feb - 15:23

You're right. Read David's book on 'Venomous bites and stings in Papua New Guinea'. Very informative!
Back to top Go down
Paul Hermann
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper

Male

PostSubject: Re: O. scutellatus canni head shots   O. scutellatus canni head shots Icon_minitimeFri 12 Feb - 19:30

Yes, I plan to get it one day it looks most interesting. I learned many things thanks to the pdf files he published about his studies and experiences, so I assume this book is a way more complete.
According to his observations, most people who got bitten by taipans shortly became envenomated in New Guinea. At this point, I doubt serotherapy would work due to the strong neurotoxicity in their venom and the irreversible damages it does to your organism. Obviously this venom of theirs is a threat to be taken seriously.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: O. scutellatus canni head shots   O. scutellatus canni head shots Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

O. scutellatus canni head shots
Page 1 of 1