VenomLand
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please beware, to register at venomland you are requested to use your full name (first and family name) - nicknames are not allowed and will be not activated! thx

Dear Venomland Members and Friends, Venomland is a little more than 6 years old now and by far the biggest Hot Snake community on the Planet! We want to thank all of you who made Venomland the leading Board. We are also very thankful to our Moderators and Admins for years of hard work. Now, it is time to move on. I have been thinking how to proceed and what to do with our beloved board as we reach a size, that we need to make drastic changes to secure the future of our community. As of now, Venomland is hosted by a free (well mostly free) hosting service. That was good for the first years but now we need to find a new way to run our forum. I have spend hundreds of Dollars over the years to keep Venomland up and running, and i have done so with pleasure. Now, we need your help! We need to come up with several thousand dollars for our Venomland 2.0 project, which i frankly cant pay for any longer by myself. So Venomland is asking his Friends and Members for the first time for their financial Support. Please help to keep Venomland alive, and let us move on to a new, better Portal in the Future! Every Dollar is helping us a great deal. I know, its hard times for everyone, but please spare a few Dollar for our community. If you have only 10 Dollars to spare, we are grateful, if it is more, it would be awesome. We are planning to develop a very new Venomland, with real community functions, a forum like you are already loving it and a real (online) Hot Snake Magazin. Also, there will be download areas for scientific papers, Wallpapers and more. Again folks, we can only do that if you all help. Please send me a Private Message if you want to keep Venomland alive, i will provide you with the details on how to donate Money. For now, we can accept money from creditcards via skrill (please google it, its a free service - account-details will be forwarded to you) and paypal. All the best, and for a (hopefully) nice future of our Board. Mario

Identification desired

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Stefan Luksch

Male
Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2008-04-30

Identification desired Empty
PostSubject: Identification desired   Identification desired Icon_minitimeThu 14 Aug - 19:34

Hello guys.

Sorry for not introducing myself when registered several weeks ago, but I guess you know my wife in spe (4 weeks left till marriage at 10th of September this year Smile ) Martina as one of the few women here on board.
Needless to repeat what Martina said what species we keep... In fact all of us know it's wiser and more healthy for men to let the women have the final say Wink

Well, what I want to say is...

Some weeks ago a "friend" of us canceled his stock of snakes and we adopt most of his snakes - among other species this Bothrops, too.

Unfortunately we can not say what species it belongs to. Hope you can help us identifying it.
Colours are same as photo shows it...

Identification desired 1280_6538626331666431

I'm sure some of you guys can help us... Thanks a lot.

Best regards

Stefan
Back to top Go down
Mario Lutz
Lord of the Serpents
Lord of the Serpents
Mario Lutz

Male
Number of posts : 1416
Registration date : 2008-03-06

PostSubject: Re: Identification desired   Identification desired Icon_minitimeThu 14 Aug - 19:47

Hi Stefan,

well, welcome to the board!
the snake on your Picture looks a bit like a Botrops asper (Hypomelanistic) we use to have here at HerpaWorld. we received our animals from Robert Meidinger, from Costa Rica. is their any chance, your friend was buying snakes from Robert?

cheers
Mario
Back to top Go down
http://www.venomland.org
Stefan Luksch

Male

PostSubject: Re: Identification desired   Identification desired Icon_minitimeThu 14 Aug - 20:12

Hi Mario,

I don't think so... But it is not impossible.
Sadly I cannot say whether our "friend" purchased it by the breeder or the snake is "second hand".
What I can say is that he got a lot of his snakes from M.Kampa in Germany.
It was sold him as Bothrops atrox but we have doubts it IS Bothrops atrox.
Back to top Go down
Mario Lutz
Lord of the Serpents
Lord of the Serpents
Mario Lutz

Male
Number of posts : 1416
Registration date : 2008-03-06

PostSubject: Re: Identification desired   Identification desired Icon_minitimeThu 14 Aug - 20:34

my fault, Bothrops atrox is the one we get as hypos from Robert Meidinger, and your snake looks a lot like ours...

cheers
Back to top Go down
http://www.venomland.org
Stefan Luksch

Male

PostSubject: Re: Identification desired   Identification desired Icon_minitimeThu 14 Aug - 20:42

But finally one of the most beautiful Bothrops I've ever seen... and contrary to other Bothrops atrox I know extraordinary calm in handling...
It's a big pleasure to keep them Smile
Back to top Go down
Frank Weinsheimer
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer
Frank Weinsheimer

Male
Number of posts : 132
Registration date : 2008-04-20

PostSubject: Re: Identification desired   Identification desired Icon_minitimeThu 14 Aug - 22:15

Hello Stefan!

The shown Bothrops is definetely a female Bothrops venezuelensis.

Best regards

Frank
Back to top Go down
Stefan Luksch

Male

PostSubject: Re: Identification desired   Identification desired Icon_minitimeThu 14 Aug - 22:50

Hi Frank.

That was one of your first thoughts, too...
Thank you for solving the riddle about that snake...

But!...We purchased it as a male...
We did not sexed it until now, but we will do so as soon as possible...
What if it turn out to be a male Bothrops... ?
Was your idea of being a Bothrops venezuelensis than right?
Back to top Go down
Wolfgang Wüster
Systematicus
Systematicus

Number of posts : 273
Registration date : 2008-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Identification desired   Identification desired Icon_minitimeThu 14 Aug - 23:11

I agree with Frank - that is a female Bothrops venezuelensis.

If I'm wrong, I owe you a few beers if you bump into me at a meeting some day ;-)
Back to top Go down
http://www.bangor.ac.uk/~bss166/
Gavin Carpenter
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer

Male
Number of posts : 138
Registration date : 2008-04-03

PostSubject: Re: Identification desired   Identification desired Icon_minitimeFri 15 Aug - 12:44

Hi Stefan
It is a female B. Venezuelensis. the males are all much darker in color. I have several of these snakes. Yours is a very nice color! I like the pink color in it!
They are beautiful snakes and do really well!
Cheers
Gavin
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Identification desired   Identification desired Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Identification desired
Page 1 of 1