VenomLand
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please beware, to register at venomland you are requested to use your full name (first and family name) - nicknames are not allowed and will be not activated! thx

Dear Venomland Members and Friends, Venomland is a little more than 6 years old now and by far the biggest Hot Snake community on the Planet! We want to thank all of you who made Venomland the leading Board. We are also very thankful to our Moderators and Admins for years of hard work. Now, it is time to move on. I have been thinking how to proceed and what to do with our beloved board as we reach a size, that we need to make drastic changes to secure the future of our community. As of now, Venomland is hosted by a free (well mostly free) hosting service. That was good for the first years but now we need to find a new way to run our forum. I have spend hundreds of Dollars over the years to keep Venomland up and running, and i have done so with pleasure. Now, we need your help! We need to come up with several thousand dollars for our Venomland 2.0 project, which i frankly cant pay for any longer by myself. So Venomland is asking his Friends and Members for the first time for their financial Support. Please help to keep Venomland alive, and let us move on to a new, better Portal in the Future! Every Dollar is helping us a great deal. I know, its hard times for everyone, but please spare a few Dollar for our community. If you have only 10 Dollars to spare, we are grateful, if it is more, it would be awesome. We are planning to develop a very new Venomland, with real community functions, a forum like you are already loving it and a real (online) Hot Snake Magazin. Also, there will be download areas for scientific papers, Wallpapers and more. Again folks, we can only do that if you all help. Please send me a Private Message if you want to keep Venomland alive, i will provide you with the details on how to donate Money. For now, we can accept money from creditcards via skrill (please google it, its a free service - account-details will be forwarded to you) and paypal. All the best, and for a (hopefully) nice future of our Board. Mario

Meredon palm pit-viper, Bothriechis thalassimus

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Albert J. Montejo
Snakemaster
Snakemaster

Male
Number of posts : 306
Registration date : 2011-03-01

Meredon palm pit-viper, Bothriechis thalassimus Empty
PostSubject: Meredon palm pit-viper, Bothriechis thalassimus   Meredon palm pit-viper, Bothriechis thalassimus Icon_minitimeSat 23 Jun - 22:09

Meredon's palm-pitviper, Bothriechis thalassimus.

Distribution is eastern Guatemala and western Honduras. This species occurs in the Sierra de Meredon along the Guatemala -Honduras border from Cero Caral in the north to the western portion of the Departamento de Copan (Honduras) in the south. Several isolated populations occur in the Departemento de Octepeque and the Cerro de Santa Barbara in Honduras. The vertical distribution is from 885- 1730 m.

Habitat , lower mountane wet forest and lower montane moist forest.
Remarks, this specie was previously confused with Bothriechis bicolor. Ref Campbell and Lamar.

Photo compliments of Manuel Acevedo, HPTG.Meredon palm pit-viper, Bothriechis thalassimus Img22021024x768.th log in to view larger image.
Back to top Go down
Piero Moroni
Snakemaster
Snakemaster
Piero Moroni

Male
Number of posts : 261
Registration date : 2012-04-12

PostSubject: Re: Meredon palm pit-viper, Bothriechis thalassimus   Meredon palm pit-viper, Bothriechis thalassimus Icon_minitimeSun 24 Jun - 3:36

Hi Albert ;

It is splendid in green, a magnificent species. I love you
Thank you very much for the info Very Happy

Regards...
Back to top Go down
Albert J. Montejo
Snakemaster
Snakemaster

Male
Number of posts : 306
Registration date : 2011-03-01

PostSubject: Re: Meredon palm pit-viper, Bothriechis thalassimus   Meredon palm pit-viper, Bothriechis thalassimus Icon_minitimeSun 24 Jun - 4:08

In the vicinity of the town of Santa Barbara in Honduras Bothriechis thalassimus is suspected to occur in a mountain range adjacent to the range of Bothriechis marchi and may even coexist with this species. Ref.(Campbell and Smith, 2000).

Specimens of Bothriechis marchi and photo courtesy of Professor R. Micheal Burger.

Meredon palm pit-viper, Bothriechis thalassimus 14645276.th

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Meredon palm pit-viper, Bothriechis thalassimus   Meredon palm pit-viper, Bothriechis thalassimus Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Meredon palm pit-viper, Bothriechis thalassimus
Page 1 of 1