VenomLand
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please beware, to register at venomland you are requested to use your full name (first and family name) - nicknames are not allowed and will be not activated! thx

Dear Venomland Members and Friends, Venomland is a little more than 6 years old now and by far the biggest Hot Snake community on the Planet! We want to thank all of you who made Venomland the leading Board. We are also very thankful to our Moderators and Admins for years of hard work. Now, it is time to move on. I have been thinking how to proceed and what to do with our beloved board as we reach a size, that we need to make drastic changes to secure the future of our community. As of now, Venomland is hosted by a free (well mostly free) hosting service. That was good for the first years but now we need to find a new way to run our forum. I have spend hundreds of Dollars over the years to keep Venomland up and running, and i have done so with pleasure. Now, we need your help! We need to come up with several thousand dollars for our Venomland 2.0 project, which i frankly cant pay for any longer by myself. So Venomland is asking his Friends and Members for the first time for their financial Support. Please help to keep Venomland alive, and let us move on to a new, better Portal in the Future! Every Dollar is helping us a great deal. I know, its hard times for everyone, but please spare a few Dollar for our community. If you have only 10 Dollars to spare, we are grateful, if it is more, it would be awesome. We are planning to develop a very new Venomland, with real community functions, a forum like you are already loving it and a real (online) Hot Snake Magazin. Also, there will be download areas for scientific papers, Wallpapers and more. Again folks, we can only do that if you all help. Please send me a Private Message if you want to keep Venomland alive, i will provide you with the details on how to donate Money. For now, we can accept money from creditcards via skrill (please google it, its a free service - account-details will be forwarded to you) and paypal. All the best, and for a (hopefully) nice future of our Board. Mario

P. goldii etc...

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Terry Phillip

Male
Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2008-05-01

P. goldii etc... Empty
PostSubject: P. goldii etc...   P. goldii etc... Icon_minitimeTue 2 Sep - 10:16

I find it really interesting that evenwith the tiny fangs they have, they seem to have a much thinner lower jaw and the fangs seem to wear through the lower lip, much like seen in Taipans and mambas
P. goldii etc... Dsc_0011
P. goldii etc... Dsc_0012

Baby P textilis from PNG parents
P. goldii etc... Dsc_0013

P. nuchalis
P. goldii etc... Dsc_0014

Tiger Snake
P. goldii etc... Female11
P. goldii etc... Female12

Collettes hatched here
P. goldii etc... Pictur13
Back to top Go down
http://www.reptilegardens.com
Gavin Carpenter
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer

Male
Number of posts : 138
Registration date : 2008-04-03

P. goldii etc... Empty
PostSubject: Re: P. goldii etc...   P. goldii etc... Icon_minitimeTue 2 Sep - 12:48

Hey Terry
Some very nice stuff you have there!!! What is the temperament like on the P. Goldii compared to O.S Canni and D. Polylepis?
Does the Goldii take rodents> I have been put off taking these snakes after hearing many refuse rodents or birds and will only eat frogs! That Colletti is beautiful!! Havent managed to breed mine yet!
Cheers
Gavin
Back to top Go down
Terry Phillip

Male
Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2008-05-01

P. goldii etc... Empty
PostSubject: Re: P. goldii etc...   P. goldii etc... Icon_minitimeTue 2 Sep - 13:09

hey Gavin,
I would love some more goldii if you bump into someone offering them...they are extremely hard to get here.... To my knowledge there are 3 of them in the U.S. and I have two of them... I would be very interested in fresh caught individuals.

I have had 3 total, my first was completely misrepresented to me by the seller. I was told he was absolutely crazy and the only way you could clean his cage was to put a rat in his mouth. I bought him and upon arrival he was skin and bones, listless with a horrible noose mark on his neck. I gently assist fed him for about 3 months before he keeled over... these two that I have now are fantastic, they are very intelligent and inquisitive. Working them gently they are no different than a long term accustomed polyepis. I have yet to talk with anyone that can verify 1st hand the disposition these snakes are credited with. I find them very easy to work with.

As for feeding, I understand that juvies are very strict frog feeders but hear they do well with scenting. These two feed readily on chicks. It takes a bit of wiggling to get them to take mice or rats but they will.

I would highly recommend them if you can get them from a somewhat reliable source. They dehydrate quickly so I think the key to their survival is getting them quickly from the collector/exporter.

Cheers!
Terry
Back to top Go down
http://www.reptilegardens.com
Jamie Osburn
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper

Male
Number of posts : 50
Registration date : 2008-07-27

P. goldii etc... Empty
PostSubject: Re: P. goldii etc...   P. goldii etc... Icon_minitimeWed 3 Sep - 10:34

That P.goldii is incredible. Those are hands down my favorite snakes, even though I've never owned one or even seen them in person for that matter. Ever since I first saw the picture in "Living Snakes of the World" I was hooked. Are the two you have a sexual pair? Hopefully I'll be able to add this species to my collection someday.
Back to top Go down
Gavin Carpenter
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer

Male
Number of posts : 138
Registration date : 2008-04-03

P. goldii etc... Empty
PostSubject: Re: P. goldii etc...   P. goldii etc... Icon_minitimeWed 3 Sep - 12:34

Hi Terry
Thanks for the info!! Im really keen to get them, but as you say from a reliable source!
Nice Polylepis you have there as well! Do you know the origin?
Cheers
Gavin
Back to top Go down
Chip Cochran
Chip Cochran

Male
Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2009-02-20

P. goldii etc... Empty
PostSubject: Re: P. goldii etc...   P. goldii etc... Icon_minitimeSun 22 Feb - 1:19

Awesome Goldii and Collettes. I'd love to find those two species in the wild some day or get to work with them in captivity. Would love to see neonate goldii pics when you succeed in breeding them.
Back to top Go down

P. goldii etc... Empty
PostSubject: Re: P. goldii etc...   P. goldii etc... Icon_minitimeMon 23 Feb - 16:00

nice Cool
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

P. goldii etc... Empty
PostSubject: Re: P. goldii etc...   P. goldii etc... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

P. goldii etc...
Page 1 of 1