VenomLand
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please beware, to register at venomland you are requested to use your full name (first and family name) - nicknames are not allowed and will be not activated! thx

Dear Venomland Members and Friends, Venomland is a little more than 6 years old now and by far the biggest Hot Snake community on the Planet! We want to thank all of you who made Venomland the leading Board. We are also very thankful to our Moderators and Admins for years of hard work. Now, it is time to move on. I have been thinking how to proceed and what to do with our beloved board as we reach a size, that we need to make drastic changes to secure the future of our community. As of now, Venomland is hosted by a free (well mostly free) hosting service. That was good for the first years but now we need to find a new way to run our forum. I have spend hundreds of Dollars over the years to keep Venomland up and running, and i have done so with pleasure. Now, we need your help! We need to come up with several thousand dollars for our Venomland 2.0 project, which i frankly cant pay for any longer by myself. So Venomland is asking his Friends and Members for the first time for their financial Support. Please help to keep Venomland alive, and let us move on to a new, better Portal in the Future! Every Dollar is helping us a great deal. I know, its hard times for everyone, but please spare a few Dollar for our community. If you have only 10 Dollars to spare, we are grateful, if it is more, it would be awesome. We are planning to develop a very new Venomland, with real community functions, a forum like you are already loving it and a real (online) Hot Snake Magazin. Also, there will be download areas for scientific papers, Wallpapers and more. Again folks, we can only do that if you all help. Please send me a Private Message if you want to keep Venomland alive, i will provide you with the details on how to donate Money. For now, we can accept money from creditcards via skrill (please google it, its a free service - account-details will be forwarded to you) and paypal. All the best, and for a (hopefully) nice future of our Board. Mario

CALL FOR PAPERS

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Mario Lutz
Lord of the Serpents
Lord of the Serpents
Mario Lutz

Male
Number of posts : 1416
Registration date : 2008-03-06

CALL FOR PAPERS Empty
PostSubject: CALL FOR PAPERS   CALL FOR PAPERS Icon_minitimeFri 5 Sep - 12:02

35th Annual Meeting of the Kansas Herpetological Society

The 35th annual meeting of the Kansas Herpetological Society will be held 8-9 November
2008 in William Penn Hall on the campus of Friends University in Wichita, Kansas. Effective
immediately, the Society is accepting titles for talks to be presented at the meeting.

The KHS annual meeting provides a opportunity for herpetologists and other individuals
who have an intellectual interest in amphibians, reptiles, and turtles to come together for
scientific lectures and friendly intellectual discussion. There is ample opportunity for
socializing in a collegial and supportive atmosphere. The keynote speaker for this year's
meeting is Dr. Ronald Bonett (University of Tulsa, Oklahoma). Registration is only $10.00
and the beer is free.

Looking for an alternative to costly national herpetological meetings held in large cities
with way too many non-herpetological registrants (and where you have only a cash bar)?
Try the KHS. Regional meetings are the future.

Individuals wishing to present a paper at the KHS meeting should submit their title as an
email no later than 1 October 2008 to Joe Collins (jcollins@ku.edu) for posting on the KHS
web site and inclusion in the program. Be sure to note whether your presentation is a
candidate for The Collins Award (must be primarily about Kansas herpetofauna) and/or
The Toland Award (must be a KHS student member). These will be flagged in the program
and on the annual meeting web site.

To view the 2008 KHS annual meeting program as now scheduled (and updated daily), visit
the web site at

http://www.cnah.org/khs/AnnualMeetingInfo.html
Back to top Go down
http://www.venomland.org

CALL FOR PAPERS
Page 1 of 1