VenomLand
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please beware, to register at venomland you are requested to use your full name (first and family name) - nicknames are not allowed and will be not activated! thx

Dear Venomland Members and Friends, Venomland is a little more than 6 years old now and by far the biggest Hot Snake community on the Planet! We want to thank all of you who made Venomland the leading Board. We are also very thankful to our Moderators and Admins for years of hard work. Now, it is time to move on. I have been thinking how to proceed and what to do with our beloved board as we reach a size, that we need to make drastic changes to secure the future of our community. As of now, Venomland is hosted by a free (well mostly free) hosting service. That was good for the first years but now we need to find a new way to run our forum. I have spend hundreds of Dollars over the years to keep Venomland up and running, and i have done so with pleasure. Now, we need your help! We need to come up with several thousand dollars for our Venomland 2.0 project, which i frankly cant pay for any longer by myself. So Venomland is asking his Friends and Members for the first time for their financial Support. Please help to keep Venomland alive, and let us move on to a new, better Portal in the Future! Every Dollar is helping us a great deal. I know, its hard times for everyone, but please spare a few Dollar for our community. If you have only 10 Dollars to spare, we are grateful, if it is more, it would be awesome. We are planning to develop a very new Venomland, with real community functions, a forum like you are already loving it and a real (online) Hot Snake Magazin. Also, there will be download areas for scientific papers, Wallpapers and more. Again folks, we can only do that if you all help. Please send me a Private Message if you want to keep Venomland alive, i will provide you with the details on how to donate Money. For now, we can accept money from creditcards via skrill (please google it, its a free service - account-details will be forwarded to you) and paypal. All the best, and for a (hopefully) nice future of our Board. Mario

New one from holland !

Go down 
+3
Anton van Woerkom
Michiel Kooiman
Luc van Hintum
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Luc van Hintum

Male
Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2012-10-06

New one from holland ! Empty
PostSubject: New one from holland !   New one from holland ! Icon_minitimeSun 7 Oct - 2:12

Hello
I'm luc van hintum from the Netherlands
I'm 22 years old
I dont't have any venomous snakes yet but i'm going to have in a while
I hope to learn new stuff here
My english grammatica isn't that good so i apoligIze for that
Grtzz luc
Back to top Go down
Michiel Kooiman
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer

Male
Number of posts : 111
Registration date : 2012-08-16

PostSubject: Re: New one from holland !   New one from holland ! Icon_minitimeSun 7 Oct - 4:53

Welkom Luc..

Mijn advies:
Eerst 10 jaar niet giftige dieren en dan pas gif Wink

groetjes Michiel
Back to top Go down
Anton van Woerkom
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper
Anton van Woerkom

Male
Number of posts : 42
Registration date : 2011-10-28

PostSubject: Re: New one from holland !   New one from holland ! Icon_minitimeSun 7 Oct - 18:27

Hi Luc, welcome to the group.

Do you have experience with non-venomous snakes already? What Michiel means to say is that everybody has to learn how snakes behave and how you take proper care of snakes, before you are even thinking of keeping venomous snakes.

Also, keeping venomous snakes is not a matter of being lucky when you are never bitten, but knowing what you are doing. And you can best learn a lot from keeping non-venomous snakes.

May I give you an advise: attend the next week Snake Day at Houten, near Utrecht. Here you will be able to speak to many experienced snake keepers and you will be able to ask the same questions to several people and learn from their experiences.

More information on the Snake Day elsewhere on this forum and at the link of the European Snake Society: http://www.snakesociety.nl/

Best wishes, Anton

Back to top Go down
Peter van Issem
Serpent Chief
Serpent Chief
Peter van Issem

Male
Number of posts : 707
Registration date : 2009-03-08

PostSubject: Re: New one from holland !   New one from holland ! Icon_minitimeSun 7 Oct - 18:52

Welcome her Luc,

your decision is right - take time you need, the snakes don´t run away! There are a very big comunity in the Netherlands, so I´m sure there are some keepers you can learn from.
And yes, like Anton wrote - next weekend is SNAKEDAY - there you can meet a lot of people and aske what you want to aske.

regards,

Peter
Back to top Go down
Dave Clemens

Male
Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2011-10-05

PostSubject: Re: New one from holland !   New one from holland ! Icon_minitimeSun 7 Oct - 21:25

Welcome along Luc. There is much to be learned on this forum, and the people are real nice Smile
Back to top Go down
Luc van Hintum

Male

PostSubject: Re: New one from holland !   New one from holland ! Icon_minitimeSun 7 Oct - 21:30

I'm helping 2 people with feeding en cleaning of there venomous snakes
Indon't want to rush it.
I'm goning to snakeday in houten with my "mentor".
I joined dgl already i hope to meet some new people at snakeday that want to learn me more
With more different species.
And until then i will build my snakeroom so that it is escape-proof !
Grtzz luc
Back to top Go down
Peter van Issem
Serpent Chief
Serpent Chief
Peter van Issem

Male
Number of posts : 707
Registration date : 2009-03-08

PostSubject: Re: New one from holland !   New one from holland ! Icon_minitimeSun 7 Oct - 22:10

That sound ´s to me, that it ill be the perfect way! Make it like you wrote and you will have a lot of fun. First experience and fascilities and after this the snakes. Thats good!
Back to top Go down
Michiel Kooiman
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer

Male
Number of posts : 111

PostSubject: Re: New one from holland !   New one from holland ! Icon_minitimeSun 7 Oct - 23:05

Luc van Hintum wrote:
I'm helping 2 people with feeding en cleaning of there venomous snakes
Indon't want to rush it.
I'm goning to snakeday in houten with my "mentor".
I joined dgl already i hope to meet some new people at snakeday that want to learn me more
With more different species.
And until then i will build my snakeroom so that it is escape-proof !
Grtzz luc

Looks like you're on the right path.. Have fun and be safe..!

Best regards Michiel

Back to top Go down
Luc van Hintum

Male

PostSubject: Re: New one from holland !   New one from holland ! Icon_minitimeSun 7 Oct - 23:59

I just want to take things slow en good
My dream is a naja kaouthia but that will take a few years to reach that !
Back to top Go down
Nojus Simoliunas
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper
Nojus Simoliunas

Male
Number of posts : 79

PostSubject: Re: New one from holland !   New one from holland ! Icon_minitimeMon 8 Oct - 0:39

,,people are real nice'' and very friedly. P. S. welcome, Luc! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Franz Schönen
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer
Franz Schönen

Male
Number of posts : 101
Registration date : 2012-08-20

PostSubject: Re: New one from holland !   New one from holland ! Icon_minitimeTue 9 Oct - 2:18

Hi Luc ;

I wish you welcome to the forum.
Hope to see you soon.

Best...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New one from holland !   New one from holland ! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New one from holland !
Page 1 of 1