VenomLand
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please beware, to register at venomland you are requested to use your full name (first and family name) - nicknames are not allowed and will be not activated! thx

Dear Venomland Members and Friends, Venomland is a little more than 6 years old now and by far the biggest Hot Snake community on the Planet! We want to thank all of you who made Venomland the leading Board. We are also very thankful to our Moderators and Admins for years of hard work. Now, it is time to move on. I have been thinking how to proceed and what to do with our beloved board as we reach a size, that we need to make drastic changes to secure the future of our community. As of now, Venomland is hosted by a free (well mostly free) hosting service. That was good for the first years but now we need to find a new way to run our forum. I have spend hundreds of Dollars over the years to keep Venomland up and running, and i have done so with pleasure. Now, we need your help! We need to come up with several thousand dollars for our Venomland 2.0 project, which i frankly cant pay for any longer by myself. So Venomland is asking his Friends and Members for the first time for their financial Support. Please help to keep Venomland alive, and let us move on to a new, better Portal in the Future! Every Dollar is helping us a great deal. I know, its hard times for everyone, but please spare a few Dollar for our community. If you have only 10 Dollars to spare, we are grateful, if it is more, it would be awesome. We are planning to develop a very new Venomland, with real community functions, a forum like you are already loving it and a real (online) Hot Snake Magazin. Also, there will be download areas for scientific papers, Wallpapers and more. Again folks, we can only do that if you all help. Please send me a Private Message if you want to keep Venomland alive, i will provide you with the details on how to donate Money. For now, we can accept money from creditcards via skrill (please google it, its a free service - account-details will be forwarded to you) and paypal. All the best, and for a (hopefully) nice future of our Board. Mario

Bothriopsis bilineata bilineata

Go down 
+24
Philipp Einfalt
Brook Berntson
Harold van der Ploeg
Michele Angelo Furiani
Albert J. Montejo
Mike Spencer
Walter Silva
Sascha Beckhoff
Nika Brunet
PeterMagnusson
Arjan Breedveld
Johannes Marchand
Gustav Eloy
Stefan Thomson
Anze Gratzer
Derek Morgan
Rémi Ksas
Israel M. Sánchez
Rene Schenk
Ari Finsk
Brian Petrie
Jimmy Cederhag
Curtis Stewart
Sami Heikkinen
28 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Sami Heikkinen
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer
Sami Heikkinen

Male
Number of posts : 173
Registration date : 2008-11-04

Bothriopsis bilineata bilineata - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bothriopsis bilineata bilineata   Bothriopsis bilineata bilineata - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 12 Aug - 12:46

OK.. here's some quick pics of the lil snakes.
Total number of offsprings is 15 and all seems to be ok, but I'll check them more closely later.

Bothriopsis bilineata bilineata - Page 2 Bilineata_offsprings2011_2

Bothriopsis bilineata bilineata - Page 2 Bilineata_offsprings2011_1

Bothriopsis bilineata bilineata - Page 2 Bilineata_offsprings2011_4

Bothriopsis bilineata bilineata - Page 2 Bilineata_offsprings2011_7

Cheers
Sami
Back to top Go down
http://nothingtosayphoto.blogspot.com/
Arjan Breedveld
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer
Arjan Breedveld

Male
Number of posts : 160
Registration date : 2010-11-25

PostSubject: Re: Bothriopsis bilineata bilineata   Bothriopsis bilineata bilineata - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 12 Aug - 15:06

Wauw, 15 thats awsome!
What illusive snakes.
I hope they eat well.
Good luck.
Back to top Go down
PeterMagnusson
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper

Male
Number of posts : 91
Registration date : 2009-07-12

PostSubject: Re: Bothriopsis bilineata bilineata   Bothriopsis bilineata bilineata - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 12 Aug - 16:52

Wow! good luck with them. they are stunning animals.
Back to top Go down
Nika Brunet
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper
Nika Brunet

Female
Number of posts : 45
Registration date : 2011-05-07

PostSubject: Re: Bothriopsis bilineata bilineata   Bothriopsis bilineata bilineata - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 12 Aug - 17:01

Last picture is just too cute Smile Those little babies all over the cage Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sascha Beckhoff
Snakemaster
Snakemaster
Sascha Beckhoff

Male
Number of posts : 313
Registration date : 2010-01-14

PostSubject: Re: Bothriopsis bilineata bilineata   Bothriopsis bilineata bilineata - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 12 Aug - 20:05

Congrats.Good luck with them.
Back to top Go down
Walter Silva
Snakemaster
Snakemaster
Walter Silva

Male
Number of posts : 385
Registration date : 2009-06-15

PostSubject: Re: Bothriopsis bilineata bilineata   Bothriopsis bilineata bilineata - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 13 Aug - 3:58

Samy:

are you crazy ??? hehehehe CONGRATS MAN !!!! and great job !!!, very nice babies....

eating??? what is the locality of the mom and father??

Greetings from Perú
Back to top Go down
Mike Spencer
Snakemaster
Snakemaster
Mike Spencer

Male
Number of posts : 386
Registration date : 2010-06-27

PostSubject: Re: Bothriopsis bilineata bilineata   Bothriopsis bilineata bilineata - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 13 Aug - 9:55

Awesome! Very good looking babies. Thanks for sharing!
Back to top Go down
http://www.michaelrayspencer.com
Albert J. Montejo
Snakemaster
Snakemaster

Male
Number of posts : 306
Registration date : 2011-03-01

PostSubject: Re: Bothriopsis bilineata bilineata   Bothriopsis bilineata bilineata - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 14 Aug - 1:01

Sami , Sami .... fifteen little venomous ballerinas , the Bothriopsis group in general are so gracefull and their sillouette reminds me of a ballerina when they are moving or even dramatically posed on a branch even right down to the length of their long and elegant thin fangs .

Are these a first for Europe ? you may not have even known she was gravid and yet she produced the largest clutch i am aware of.

Great effort ,

Albert.
Back to top Go down
Sami Heikkinen
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer
Sami Heikkinen

Male

PostSubject: Re: Bothriopsis bilineata bilineata   Bothriopsis bilineata bilineata - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 14 Aug - 1:38

Thanks everyone!

@Albert
Thanks from the kind and elegant words Smile. These are not the first in Europe, I bought one of the adults from Sweden in 2007. Both of the adults are CB.
Actually I was quite sure the female was carrying something.. last year it produced only unfertail eggs but this year was success!
The litter size was really a surprise I would have expected alot less.

Cheers
Sami
Back to top Go down
Albert J. Montejo
Snakemaster
Snakemaster

Male

PostSubject: Re: Bothriopsis bilineata bilineata   Bothriopsis bilineata bilineata - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 14 Aug - 2:04

Sami, thanks for the reply, the reason i brought out the point of you may have not even been aware the female Bothriopsis bilineata bilineata was gravid is usually most "herpetoculturist" give their animals a rest after an attempt at reproduction, i followed your efforts of 2010 ? and took notes
If your female went off feed last season (infertile ovum)i find it hard to believe you introduced a male to her in that condition this season , or do you feel she delivered this large litter from sperm storage of the last breeding season.

Reason : i now have an Bothriechis aurifer that delivered unfertile ovum last season 2010 a shame !! this season she appears miserabley gravid (still feeding ) and yet no male introduction in 2011 .

Sami any help in this matter for comparisons sake would be greatly appreciated and probally important for other Palm pit and Forest pitviper techs.

Sincerely ,

Albert.
Back to top Go down
Sami Heikkinen
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer
Sami Heikkinen

Male

PostSubject: Re: Bothriopsis bilineata bilineata   Bothriopsis bilineata bilineata - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 14 Aug - 3:29

@Walter
The locality is French Guiana and the offsprings are just couple of days old so Ihaven't even try to feed them.. perhaps after the first shed.

@Albert
Actually I introduced the male to the female at this february.. I bonder it couple of times but the female seem to do fine and got back the weight really quickly, and I don't overfeed my snakes as some people do. So the breeding was deliberate.
I have kept couple of sp. off from breeding after a clutch and some of course restore the sperm examp. T. puniceus female gave a clutch 2008 and it had seen the male in 2006. Also A. squamigera dropped unfertail eggs year after clutch..
Next year I'm not planning to breed the bilineata female, so it can rest.

Now I'll get back feeding the venustus offsprings and try to offer the bilineata female some rodent.. Very Happy

Cheers
Sami
Back to top Go down
Michele Angelo Furiani
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper
Michele Angelo Furiani

Male
Number of posts : 74
Registration date : 2010-01-05

PostSubject: Re: Bothriopsis bilineata bilineata   Bothriopsis bilineata bilineata - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 14 Aug - 4:17

Congratulation, i'm speechless.

Ciao

Michele
Back to top Go down
Rene Schenk
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer
Rene Schenk

Male
Number of posts : 113
Registration date : 2008-11-05

PostSubject: Re: Bothriopsis bilineata bilineata   Bothriopsis bilineata bilineata - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 14 Aug - 16:46

Congratulations Samy.
Good things takes a while, i was hoping for you to get there.
GREAT!!!
Cheerio
Rene
Back to top Go down
Albert J. Montejo
Snakemaster
Snakemaster

Male

PostSubject: Re: Bothriopsis bilineata bilineata   Bothriopsis bilineata bilineata - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 14 Aug - 17:13

The Bothriopsis and Bothriechis group are known for full term still born , both wildcaught and captive born and seems the rarer the specie the more this event is presented.

Perhaps because of their secretive lifestyle and (stress) they hold on to birthing at the appropiate moment.

(obs.) Sami is extremely fortunate for this perfect and valuable litter eg. inspite of his move to the new house and transportation of the gravid specimen.
Back to top Go down
Harold van der Ploeg
Snakemaster
Snakemaster
Harold van der Ploeg

Male
Number of posts : 282
Registration date : 2008-04-27

PostSubject: Re: Bothriopsis bilineata bilineata   Bothriopsis bilineata bilineata - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 14 Aug - 21:32

Very nice Sami!
Good luck with the babies.

Cheers,
Harold
Back to top Go down
http://www.venomenal.com
Sami Heikkinen
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer
Sami Heikkinen

Male

PostSubject: Re: Bothriopsis bilineata bilineata   Bothriopsis bilineata bilineata - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 14 Aug - 23:49

Albert J. Montejo wrote:

(obs.) Sami is extremely fortunate for this perfect and valuable litter eg. inspite of his move to the new house and transportation of the gravid specimen.

Yeah. I was afraid that moving will stress the female too much and everything goes totally wrong.. I tried to do it as quick as I could and it was the first one which I but back on the terrarium. Very Happy
There is also couple more females gravid and I'll hope they are fine too. A. squamigera got little stressed but thats normal for them. Stupid sp.

btw. the female looks fine after the hard work and it ate last night.

Sami
Back to top Go down
Brook Berntson
Brook Berntson

Male
Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2010-12-13

PostSubject: Re: Bothriopsis bilineata bilineata   Bothriopsis bilineata bilineata - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 18 Aug - 12:45

Absolutely beautiful......as good as it gets! Congratulations!
Back to top Go down
Sami Heikkinen
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer
Sami Heikkinen

Male

PostSubject: Re: Bothriopsis bilineata bilineata   Bothriopsis bilineata bilineata - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 29 Aug - 18:40

Hi. All are still alive
First one shed yesterday.. and one actually took a part of mice, I tried it just for fun while feeding C. venustus babies..

But I finally got some "data" of the snakes if someone is interested.
Average weight was 3,24g - heaviest 4,0g, lightest 2,7g (measured 13.8 with pen scale)
Average leght was 226mm - longest 246mm, shortest 209mm (measured 22.8 from photos using imageJ)

Cheers
Sami
Back to top Go down
Philipp Einfalt
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper
Philipp Einfalt

Male
Number of posts : 73
Registration date : 2010-09-19

PostSubject: Re: Bothriopsis bilineata bilineata   Bothriopsis bilineata bilineata - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 29 Aug - 20:21

Concratulations!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Philipp Einfalt
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper
Philipp Einfalt

Male

PostSubject: Re: Bothriopsis bilineata bilineata   Bothriopsis bilineata bilineata - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 29 Aug - 20:23

sorry....
Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Sami Heikkinen
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer
Sami Heikkinen

Male

PostSubject: Re: Bothriopsis bilineata bilineata   Bothriopsis bilineata bilineata - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 3 Jan - 3:38

I think it's about I update this topic.
I have ment to do it sooner but I have had all sorts of things to do besides feeding this years offsprings.. I have around 50 offsprings the latest ones C. hortulanus which are about to shed their skin for the first time.

But yeah back to bilineatas.. Hard snakes to feed indeed! Not sure why so, but only two started to feed easilly, the rest of the offsprings have been damn hard to get feeding.
I have tried lots of different "styles" and many times a day.. morning, evening, night.. And the feeding imo is totally random! Razz I also tried frogs (P. leucomystax) the only ones I could get my hands on.
OK there is one thing which I know they might eat is when they do caudal luring. When I see that it's feeding time and it had worked couple of times. Besides that they are quite difficult to feed they dehydrate really easilly! Misting every otherday seems work sometimes but still they don't drink as often as I'd like them to drink..

Now total headcount is 12. 3 have died (one was really good feeder and that was kinda bummer). Now there is only one which haven't fed by it self.
Some of them have also shed their skin second time.

Here's couple of more shots of the snakes..
Bothriopsis bilineata bilineata - Page 2 Bilineata2012f
Bothriopsis bilineata bilineata - Page 2 Bilineata2012d
Bothriopsis bilineata bilineata - Page 2 Bilineata2012c
Bothriopsis bilineata bilineata - Page 2 Bilineata2012e

Cheers
Sami
Back to top Go down
Philipp Einfalt
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper
Philipp Einfalt

Male

PostSubject: Re: Bothriopsis bilineata bilineata   Bothriopsis bilineata bilineata - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 3 Jan - 19:29

Hi Sami!
Thanks for the new informations and the pics! Very interesting! I hope you will give us further informations in the future!
cheers
Philipp
Back to top Go down
Albert J. Montejo
Snakemaster
Snakemaster

Male

PostSubject: Re: Bothriopsis bilineata bilineata   Bothriopsis bilineata bilineata - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 3 Jan - 23:30

Sami , great update on your C.B. Bothriopsis speciemen, you made a good observation on the dehydration detail, in my experience drinking or being trained to drink water in the first month or so of life is even more important than nutrition with arboreal Pitvipers.

Myself i keep them in opaque or plastic gallon jar with just enough ventilation and a wide lipped drinking container on which they can perch and balance their spoon like coils of their ventrals as they regulate the humidity they require by dipping in to the container .

ill do this for up to six or eight weeks by the end of that period most will find water with out additional spraying, try maintaining ventalition to a safe minimum as this will be pivotal to keep humdity up and avoid a dreaded "dry shed" which could cost the speciemen a section of it's tail or worse. Albeit this entails a higher to maintain hygenic clause.

Assit feeding of pinky heads and sections will be par for the course for up to a year , in nature they mostly feed on things they can slurp down (frogs and tadpoles) and perhaps do not develop the mechanism to feed on rodents till sometime later as evolved through evolution.

This year i sold all my Bothriopsis on those terms to force my clients to learn the system and be able to teach others.

Best,

Albert.
Back to top Go down
Rene Schenk
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer
Rene Schenk

Male
Number of posts : 113
Registration date : 2008-11-05

PostSubject: Re: Bothriopsis bilineata bilineata   Bothriopsis bilineata bilineata - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 4 Jan - 0:57

Hi mate,
hell of a job you have to do with them. Why can't they be easy as schlegelii:-)
Thanx for updating. See you
Rene
Back to top Go down
Stefan Wennekes
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer
Stefan Wennekes

Male
Number of posts : 157
Registration date : 2009-07-01

PostSubject: Re: Bothriopsis bilineata bilineata   Bothriopsis bilineata bilineata - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 5 Jan - 6:42

wouw !
what an amazing breeding. From incredible species.
Congratulations on these.
I cant get my mind around how beauthiful they are.
Hope now they are feeding on their own all will go well.
And thank you very much for the additional information.
Back to top Go down
http://www.oldworldophidia.com/indexeng.html
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bothriopsis bilineata bilineata   Bothriopsis bilineata bilineata - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bothriopsis bilineata bilineata
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next