VenomLand
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please beware, to register at venomland you are requested to use your full name (first and family name) - nicknames are not allowed and will be not activated! thx

Dear Venomland Members and Friends, Venomland is a little more than 6 years old now and by far the biggest Hot Snake community on the Planet! We want to thank all of you who made Venomland the leading Board. We are also very thankful to our Moderators and Admins for years of hard work. Now, it is time to move on. I have been thinking how to proceed and what to do with our beloved board as we reach a size, that we need to make drastic changes to secure the future of our community. As of now, Venomland is hosted by a free (well mostly free) hosting service. That was good for the first years but now we need to find a new way to run our forum. I have spend hundreds of Dollars over the years to keep Venomland up and running, and i have done so with pleasure. Now, we need your help! We need to come up with several thousand dollars for our Venomland 2.0 project, which i frankly cant pay for any longer by myself. So Venomland is asking his Friends and Members for the first time for their financial Support. Please help to keep Venomland alive, and let us move on to a new, better Portal in the Future! Every Dollar is helping us a great deal. I know, its hard times for everyone, but please spare a few Dollar for our community. If you have only 10 Dollars to spare, we are grateful, if it is more, it would be awesome. We are planning to develop a very new Venomland, with real community functions, a forum like you are already loving it and a real (online) Hot Snake Magazin. Also, there will be download areas for scientific papers, Wallpapers and more. Again folks, we can only do that if you all help. Please send me a Private Message if you want to keep Venomland alive, i will provide you with the details on how to donate Money. For now, we can accept money from creditcards via skrill (please google it, its a free service - account-details will be forwarded to you) and paypal. All the best, and for a (hopefully) nice future of our Board. Mario

Hello from Sweden!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Jonas Wiktorsson

Male
Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2014-11-04

Hello from Sweden! Empty
PostSubject: Hello from Sweden!   Hello from Sweden! Icon_minitimeSun 1 Feb - 14:43

Hi Folks!

Im a 25 year old guy from Sweden that love animals and specially snakes and for some reason many venomous snakes.

I had snakes since I was a little kid like some lampropeltis, cornsnakes and a constricor but im quite new to the venomous part of the hobby. If we dont count all wild berus that I caught already as I child but those I think would be some of the most easyhandle venomus snakes that you can get.

My favourite snakes has always happened to be venomous so for 1.5 year or so I desided that it was time to get the snakes that I really wanted from the begging. Earlier I had a blue beuty ratsnake measuring about 2.2m with a very bad temper so I used this individual to train on handling her with a hook for long time until I felt that I always had full control of the situation. After that I went on a course in venomous snake handling.

My firs venomous was my A. l. lubricus which I hope will be a good (as good as it can get) step into the real najas if a want to have one of those in the future. Later on I got me a pair of albolabris wich was the snakes I was thinking of buying from the beginning (and I love them Wink ) I think I got a little extra love for arboreal pitvipers and the environment that they live in.

Hoping to have the oppurtunity to go to some field trips some day with some of you likeminded guys !

This was a little bit of me and I want to give some creds to those who runs this site and all good members that are sharing their knowledge !! It as been to very good help and have given me many hours of interesting reading!

I hope my English is okay Smile

I will add some pics of my snakes because pics are always nice  tongue  

Hello from Sweden! Wmj6yq

Trimeresurus albolabris 0.1 (Location west Malaysia recording to the seller? )

Hello from Sweden! 125t9ft

Same female

Hello from Sweden! 2v1w6tj

A.l.lubricus 1.0 ( Lokation Springbrok (?)

Best wishes / Jonas

Last edited by Jonas Wiktorsson on Mon 2 Feb - 4:07; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Peter van Issem
Serpent Chief
Serpent Chief
Peter van Issem

Male
Number of posts : 707
Registration date : 2009-03-08

Hello from Sweden! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from Sweden!   Hello from Sweden! Icon_minitimeSun 1 Feb - 21:13

Hello Jonas,

welcome here! A nice introduction! Sound lije a good way to come in the fantastic and interesting part of our hobby. Trimeresurus albolabris are very nice and good to keep snakes, indeed! Not much people who has keeped venomous snakes miss to has kerp them😃
But about the location is douptful. But t was that whst the seller give to you. Still there is no voucher specimen or first record of albolabris in W-Malaysia. But the most southern finding in Thailand are not far away frim the political border to Malaysia. Mabye in the near future this gap can filled up with information.

Have a nice time here.
Back to top Go down

Hello from Sweden! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from Sweden!   Hello from Sweden! Icon_minitimeMon 2 Feb - 0:41

Good evening Jonas,

Welcome here at the forum.I think a lot of people started this hobby keeping Trimeresurus albolabris. I remember that my female was a very bad tempered snake Evil or Very Mad
Like Peter said, have a nice time.

Regards, Niko
Back to top Go down
Jonas Wiktorsson

Male

Hello from Sweden! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from Sweden!   Hello from Sweden! Icon_minitimeMon 2 Feb - 2:57

Thanks for the welcome guys!

Actually my albolabris havent striket at me one singel time so far Smile But they are heavy eaters and never miss! The lubricus is a different story Wink

Okey so they might be from southern Thailand then (or some other place lol) . West Malaysia was just what the breeder told me but i got no idea. Have done some research about different localities in albolabris but it seems that there still remains many questions because of lack of information and its hard to tell the different between them?

Last edited by Jonas Wiktorsson on Mon 2 Feb - 3:18; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Peter van Issem
Serpent Chief
Serpent Chief
Peter van Issem

Male

Hello from Sweden! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from Sweden!   Hello from Sweden! Icon_minitimeMon 2 Feb - 3:14

Hi Jonas,
yes, you are right. Trineresurus albolabris is mabye nit only one species, it will be a complex of differend species. When you compare ,,albolabris'' from differend countrys and locations, so you will a lot of differences. Coloration, presence or abcens of stripes, head shape, round or sharp edged canthus,how big are eyes...etc. Investigations are in procces, but will take much more time. To early to speak to much over it. But yours looks like that what we know as a typical albolabris!
Back to top Go down
Jonas Wiktorsson

Male

Hello from Sweden! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from Sweden!   Hello from Sweden! Icon_minitimeMon 2 Feb - 3:30

OKej =)

Yes I spent a couple of hours googeling about this subject a couple months ago and as you said I noticed some of the "locations" hade quite a different headshape almost like a macrops.
Back to top Go down
Peter van Issem
Serpent Chief
Serpent Chief
Peter van Issem

Male

Hello from Sweden! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from Sweden!   Hello from Sweden! Icon_minitimeTue 3 Feb - 0:31

yes, there are some others, but still albolabris. In Thailand are some forms they looks very differend. There are some with red eyes, some looks like a typical Viridovipera spec., over 15 years ago, there was a lot of imports of Green pitvipers from Thailand they was offered as ,, Thai stejnegeri'' but it was a member if the albolabris group. A wide range of investigations can be done there. The same is with other species too. We have not to find the new species, they are there! We have ,,only'' to see the differences 😉
Back to top Go down

Hello from Sweden! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from Sweden!   Hello from Sweden! Icon_minitimeTue 3 Feb - 2:06

Peter you are right. My male had red eyes, a dark red, Not the typically orange albolabris eyes. I also have seen some albolabris from thailand with A few blue scales on the green body like rubeus.

Cheers,Niko
Back to top Go down
Peter van Issem
Serpent Chief
Serpent Chief
Peter van Issem

Male

Hello from Sweden! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from Sweden!   Hello from Sweden! Icon_minitimeTue 3 Feb - 2:33

Hi Niko, this particulary blue scales you will find all over the green pitvipers. I have seen them in albolabris, macrops, cardamomensis, fucata, gumprechti,and once in stejnegeri from Vietnam. I'm sure that this no sign for a special species. IMO it is like in other green snakes too: where is green, blue is nit far away. But the red eyed ,,albolabris'' are realy beautiful. First time I've seen them was on a book cover. I was told that they exist in Thailandby Andreas Gumprecht.
Chan-Art et. all ,,Amphibians and reptiles of peninsular Malaysia and Thailand''
And than only once in captivity. Never seen them after this.
Back to top Go down

Hello from Sweden! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from Sweden!   Hello from Sweden! Icon_minitimeTue 3 Feb - 3:55

Hi Peter,

I have seen this blue scales only on gtp. I have never Seen something like this and I dont think that it could be some special species:
[url=Hello from Sweden! Rps20113]
Btw Peter,  thank you very much for the interesting information.
[url=Hello from Sweden! Rps20114]
on the left, the male with the red eyes, right the female with the normal eyes.
Back to top Go down
Peter van Issem
Serpent Chief
Serpent Chief
Peter van Issem

Male

Hello from Sweden! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from Sweden!   Hello from Sweden! Icon_minitimeTue 3 Feb - 12:41

looks nice, I seen them mostly only on the body, but not massiv like this on the head.
Back to top Go down

Hello from Sweden! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from Sweden!   Hello from Sweden! Icon_minitimeTue 3 Feb - 14:06

Yes Peter, would be interesting to know if this is genetic...wouldnt say no to breed this Laughing
Back to top Go down
Jonas Wiktorsson

Male

Hello from Sweden! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from Sweden!   Hello from Sweden! Icon_minitimeFri 6 Feb - 23:36

Thanks for all interesting info you are charing !

Yea it seems to be a lot of things left so sort out according to subspecies and different localities.

Cheers Jonas

Back to top Go down
Domenico Kumme
Domenico Kumme

Male
Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2015-01-05

Hello from Sweden! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from Sweden!   Hello from Sweden! Icon_minitimeThu 12 Feb - 2:40

You welcom Jonas Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Hello from Sweden! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from Sweden!   Hello from Sweden! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hello from Sweden!
Page 1 of 1