VenomLand
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please beware, to register at venomland you are requested to use your full name (first and family name) - nicknames are not allowed and will be not activated! thx

Dear Venomland Members and Friends, Venomland is a little more than 6 years old now and by far the biggest Hot Snake community on the Planet! We want to thank all of you who made Venomland the leading Board. We are also very thankful to our Moderators and Admins for years of hard work. Now, it is time to move on. I have been thinking how to proceed and what to do with our beloved board as we reach a size, that we need to make drastic changes to secure the future of our community. As of now, Venomland is hosted by a free (well mostly free) hosting service. That was good for the first years but now we need to find a new way to run our forum. I have spend hundreds of Dollars over the years to keep Venomland up and running, and i have done so with pleasure. Now, we need your help! We need to come up with several thousand dollars for our Venomland 2.0 project, which i frankly cant pay for any longer by myself. So Venomland is asking his Friends and Members for the first time for their financial Support. Please help to keep Venomland alive, and let us move on to a new, better Portal in the Future! Every Dollar is helping us a great deal. I know, its hard times for everyone, but please spare a few Dollar for our community. If you have only 10 Dollars to spare, we are grateful, if it is more, it would be awesome. We are planning to develop a very new Venomland, with real community functions, a forum like you are already loving it and a real (online) Hot Snake Magazin. Also, there will be download areas for scientific papers, Wallpapers and more. Again folks, we can only do that if you all help. Please send me a Private Message if you want to keep Venomland alive, i will provide you with the details on how to donate Money. For now, we can accept money from creditcards via skrill (please google it, its a free service - account-details will be forwarded to you) and paypal. All the best, and for a (hopefully) nice future of our Board. Mario

Another Swede

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Emil Herrgård

Male
Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2014-10-09

Another Swede Empty
PostSubject: Another Swede   Another Swede Icon_minitimeSat 7 Mar - 1:45

Hi!

My name is Emil, 32years young and live in Sweden.
Not been in the venomous-part very long, just about a year now.

Had snakes for the first time when i was 14 and then it was 2 Thamnophis and after a while 2 Cornsnakes (Tarzan and Hälge).
Then gave them away to a teacher that i had known for a long time, i just got some stufff to do at that age.

3 years ago i took up the snake-part of my life again and this time i got 2 young Corallus hortulanus.
A half bad start because 1 of them dident want to eat so i sent him away to a friend that tryed but it was to late.

The one i had left was eating like there was no tomorrow and just grew.
Some time later i got a phonecall from my helping friend that he had been contacted by a dude that was goving away his large female hortulanus because he was alittle afraid of it.

So now i had 2 of them again, the only problem was that the new one was REALY huge so i had to fast get a new cage for them both so after a few days i had a new larger cage in my livingroom on the floor.

Not to long after that i went back to the man that sold me the cage because he had a last hortluanus male that he was selling.
So now i had 3, 1 male and 2 females.

Both females has been gravid.
The larger one got 3 little ones but only 1 survived, and im still happy that i atleast got 1.
The smaller one (the one that was my first hortulanus) only dropped "yellow stones", but im hoping she will get more chances.

About 1 year ago i got in contact with a dude that is my mentor today and is helping me to learn about the venomous part.

So at his place i now have

1.1 Trimeresurus popeiorum, Doi Inthanon locality.
1.0 Trimeresurus puniceus
1.0 Trimeresurus albolabris

As you can see im into the Trimeresurus, and that was also what i was aiming for when i was thinking of getting venomous snakes one day, and now i have some of them i wanted.

In the list of snakes i would like to have one day is

More T. puniceus. I realy love these snakes and there colors.
T. trigonocephalus.
T. vogeli.
Atheris squamigera.
Bothriechis schlegelii

And to break out from the tree-hanging snakes im aiming to get

Naja kaothia
Naja samarensis, but dont know so much yet how they are in the trade and there life situasion so i just hope to get them some day in a good way from a good breeder.

And if you thinking "This dude is stupid, how the hell is he going to go from small tree-hanging pitvipers to 1,5-2meters Najas? Its not even close to the same thing you dumbass"

My mentor has about 8-10 diffrent Najas that im going to train with some day, and also have other friend that has Najas that i can train and learn from, and im not in a hurry.

That was... some about me.

Any questions? Fire away!

Have a nice day!

Emil
Back to top Go down
Rainer Fesser
Systematicus
Systematicus

Male
Number of posts : 565
Registration date : 2008-03-13

Another Swede Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another Swede   Another Swede Icon_minitimeSat 7 Mar - 3:31

Welcome here, Emil,
no questions, just a remark. That sounds like you are going a steady way towards the snakes that may fit you. I wish you good luck on your way.

Stay safe,
Rainer
Back to top Go down
Emil Herrgård

Male

Another Swede Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another Swede   Another Swede Icon_minitimeSun 8 Mar - 16:05

Thanks Rainer!

Yes why not go "the right way" to keep venomous snakes, insted of trick someone to sell me one that i dont know enything about, and dont know how to care for if it gets sick?

Most people in Sweden that is in the venomous trade dont sell to people that dont have experience with "hot" snakes, and that is a good thing i think.

Emil
Back to top Go down
Rainer Fesser
Systematicus
Systematicus

Male
Number of posts : 565
Registration date : 2008-03-13

Another Swede Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another Swede   Another Swede Icon_minitimeMon 9 Mar - 2:28

Hello Emil,

I agree in both of your statements.
It´s for thr well-being of the animals and for your own safety. I have met too many people who bought some "hots" and everything went fine in daily routine. But as soon as there was a little problem about an animal they (fortunately) contacted me or one of my friends for help because they did not have any idea how to handle an agitated snake with the potential to harm or even kill them.

Best regards,
Rainer
Back to top Go down
Emil Herrgård

Male

Another Swede Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another Swede   Another Swede Icon_minitimeWed 18 Mar - 21:31

Another Swede 15031810

This is my Trimeresurus puniceus male.
Hope to get some more puniceus one day.
Back to top Go down
Victor Hristov
Victor Hristov

Male
Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2015-02-03

Another Swede Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another Swede   Another Swede Icon_minitimeSat 21 Mar - 23:47

Looking good !
Back to top Go down
https://www.flickr.com/photos/54831026@N05/
Rafał Broński
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer
Rafał Broński

Male
Number of posts : 184
Registration date : 2011-12-11

Another Swede Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another Swede   Another Swede Icon_minitimeMon 13 Apr - 18:53

Hi Emil,
Feel good here!
Back to top Go down
Emil Herrgård

Male

Another Swede Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another Swede   Another Swede Icon_minitimeSun 2 Aug - 22:51

Insted of making a new thread i will just insert some pictures here now and then.

My latest snake.

0.1 Trimeresurus purpureomaculatus
Another Swede <a href=Another Swede 01_tri11
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Another Swede Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another Swede   Another Swede Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Another Swede
Page 1 of 1