VenomLand
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please beware, to register at venomland you are requested to use your full name (first and family name) - nicknames are not allowed and will be not activated! thx

Dear Venomland Members and Friends, Venomland is a little more than 6 years old now and by far the biggest Hot Snake community on the Planet! We want to thank all of you who made Venomland the leading Board. We are also very thankful to our Moderators and Admins for years of hard work. Now, it is time to move on. I have been thinking how to proceed and what to do with our beloved board as we reach a size, that we need to make drastic changes to secure the future of our community. As of now, Venomland is hosted by a free (well mostly free) hosting service. That was good for the first years but now we need to find a new way to run our forum. I have spend hundreds of Dollars over the years to keep Venomland up and running, and i have done so with pleasure. Now, we need your help! We need to come up with several thousand dollars for our Venomland 2.0 project, which i frankly cant pay for any longer by myself. So Venomland is asking his Friends and Members for the first time for their financial Support. Please help to keep Venomland alive, and let us move on to a new, better Portal in the Future! Every Dollar is helping us a great deal. I know, its hard times for everyone, but please spare a few Dollar for our community. If you have only 10 Dollars to spare, we are grateful, if it is more, it would be awesome. We are planning to develop a very new Venomland, with real community functions, a forum like you are already loving it and a real (online) Hot Snake Magazin. Also, there will be download areas for scientific papers, Wallpapers and more. Again folks, we can only do that if you all help. Please send me a Private Message if you want to keep Venomland alive, i will provide you with the details on how to donate Money. For now, we can accept money from creditcards via skrill (please google it, its a free service - account-details will be forwarded to you) and paypal. All the best, and for a (hopefully) nice future of our Board. Mario

Another Swede convicted of illegal trade in endangered species

Go down 
+10
Niklas Åhs
Alexej Darafeyenka
Ari Finsk
Lennart Pettersson
Peter Zürcher
Daniel Claesson
Martti Niskanen
Graeme Skinner
Kriss Kolderup
Magnus Karlsson
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Magnus Karlsson
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper

Male
Number of posts : 49
Registration date : 2011-03-14

Another Swede convicted of illegal trade in endangered species Empty
PostSubject: Another Swede convicted of illegal trade in endangered species   Another Swede convicted of illegal trade in endangered species Icon_minitimeFri 13 Apr - 3:28

A member of this forum that that is a citizen of Belarus now living in Sweden and who claims to be working with conservation of certain species of Vipera in the Caucasus area has been found guilty by a Swedish court (conviction issued 2012-03-30 ) for violation of article 8.1 and 8.3 of the COUNCIL REGULATION (EC) No 338/97 of 9 December 1996 on the protection of species of wild fauna and flora by regulating trade therein.

Article 8.1 states that: The purchase, offer to purchase, acquisition for commercial purposes, display to the public for commercial purposes, use for commercial gain and sale, keeping for sale, offering for sale or transporting for sale of specimens of the species listed in Annex A shall be prohibited.

Article 8.3 in short states that exemption from the prohibitions referred to in paragraph 1 may be granted by issuance of a certificate to that effect by a management authority of the Member State in which the specimens are located, on a case-by-case basis. One exception is if specimens have been propagated in captivity and another exception is if specimens are intended for breeding programs for conservation purposes.

The forum member has offered Varanus griseus for sale on a German site. He was however unable to present any legal documentation on the animals that he offered for sale and hence was convicted by a Swedish court of law.
Back to top Go down
Kriss Kolderup
Kriss Kolderup

Male
Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2009-02-23

PostSubject: Re: Another Swede convicted of illegal trade in endangered species   Another Swede convicted of illegal trade in endangered species Icon_minitimeMon 16 Apr - 11:05

Great news Magnus. I have allways been sceptical to this person, and the legalness of the animals he has been dealing. Good to know, that the Swedish government don´t take to easy on crimes as these. Hope more european countries follows up, because it´s more people who need to be confronted with the justice system, on these discusting crimes to wildlife.
Back to top Go down
Graeme Skinner
Snakemaster
Snakemaster
Graeme Skinner

Male
Number of posts : 466
Registration date : 2009-02-19

PostSubject: Re: Another Swede convicted of illegal trade in endangered species   Another Swede convicted of illegal trade in endangered species Icon_minitimeMon 16 Apr - 17:27

Who?
Back to top Go down
Martti Niskanen
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer
Martti Niskanen

Male
Number of posts : 118
Registration date : 2010-02-19

PostSubject: Re: Another Swede convicted of illegal trade in endangered species   Another Swede convicted of illegal trade in endangered species Icon_minitimeThu 19 Apr - 4:39

Nice stuff.
Back to top Go down
Daniel Claesson
Snakemaster
Snakemaster
Daniel Claesson

Male
Number of posts : 454
Registration date : 2009-05-16

PostSubject: Re: Another Swede convicted of illegal trade in endangered species   Another Swede convicted of illegal trade in endangered species Icon_minitimeThu 19 Apr - 18:13

Graeme Skinner: I googled "Vipera Caucasus" that i took from Magnus post and with that i managed to put things together and find out.

Regards
Daniel
Back to top Go down
Peter Zürcher
Admin
Admin
Peter Zürcher

Male
Number of posts : 1266
Registration date : 2008-03-06

PostSubject: Re: Another Swede convicted of illegal trade in endangered species   Another Swede convicted of illegal trade in endangered species Icon_minitimeThu 19 Apr - 19:04

Probably that has been part of another conservation program?
Back to top Go down
http://www.reptilienzoonockalm.at
Daniel Claesson
Snakemaster
Snakemaster
Daniel Claesson

Male
Number of posts : 454
Registration date : 2009-05-16

PostSubject: Re: Another Swede convicted of illegal trade in endangered species   Another Swede convicted of illegal trade in endangered species Icon_minitimeThu 19 Apr - 19:13

Peter: The "google search" i did leed me to the one Magnus refers to. I just got an e-mail with the "conviction report".

So any doubts i had is now gone.

Regards
Daniel
Back to top Go down
Peter Zürcher
Admin
Admin
Peter Zürcher

Male

PostSubject: Re: Another Swede convicted of illegal trade in endangered species   Another Swede convicted of illegal trade in endangered species Icon_minitimeThu 19 Apr - 20:00

Quote :

....replaced by new doubts on my side:
according to that court report a guy named Aliaksei Darafeyenka has been convicted for violations of CITES-regulations.
We do not have a user named Aliaksei Darafeyenka here. funny, isn't it?
Back to top Go down
Lennart Pettersson
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper
Lennart Pettersson

Male
Number of posts : 40
Registration date : 2010-08-31

PostSubject: Re: Another Swede convicted of illegal trade in endangered species   Another Swede convicted of illegal trade in endangered species Icon_minitimeThu 19 Apr - 23:16

Peter Zürcher wrote:
Quote :

according to that court report a guy named Aliaksei Darafeyenka has been convicted for violations of CITES-regulations.

He got a nickname that are easier to pronounce.
Back to top Go down
http://www.minaxtarantulas.se/svenskaherptiler/
Magnus Karlsson
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper

Male

PostSubject: Re: Another Swede convicted of illegal trade in endangered species   Another Swede convicted of illegal trade in endangered species Icon_minitimeFri 20 Apr - 23:29

The convicted person is now trying to sell animals from his "conservation project". Probably to be able to pay the fines.

/Magnus

Last edited by Magnus Karlsson on Fri 20 Apr - 23:54; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Magnus Karlsson
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper

Male

PostSubject: Re: Another Swede convicted of illegal trade in endangered species   Another Swede convicted of illegal trade in endangered species Icon_minitimeFri 20 Apr - 23:40

Peter Zürcher wrote:
Quote :

Peter I think I get your point. Apparently he doesn't use his real name on this site Smile
Back to top Go down
Ari Finsk
Snakemaster
Snakemaster

Male
Number of posts : 266
Registration date : 2009-04-14

PostSubject: Re: Another Swede convicted of illegal trade in endangered species   Another Swede convicted of illegal trade in endangered species Icon_minitimeSat 21 Apr - 0:12

Magnus Karlsson wrote:
The convicted person is now trying to sell animals from his "conservation project". Probably to be able to pay the fines.

/Magnus

Where ... on Annonsmarkanden, Terrarieannonser, Tropikföreningen or where ... it would be nice to put there a note ...
Back to top Go down
Magnus Karlsson
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper

Male

PostSubject: Re: Another Swede convicted of illegal trade in endangered species   Another Swede convicted of illegal trade in endangered species Icon_minitimeSat 21 Apr - 0:32

On a Swedish site called www.crotalus.se. He may also be out on other sites. The animals he is trying to sell are Vipera kaznakovi. One of the species he claims to be doing research and conservation with.

Cheers!
Back to top Go down
Alexej Darafeyenka
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper
Alexej Darafeyenka

Male
Number of posts : 46
Registration date : 2009-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Another Swede convicted of illegal trade in endangered species   Another Swede convicted of illegal trade in endangered species Icon_minitimeSat 21 Apr - 0:51

The worst here was to call me "swede"! Very Happy I am russian, you #¤%&$!! Very Happy
I dont have to pay something so I just smiling at you! Very Happy And no any poor #¤%&$ can make me upset with such rumours.. Razz
Btw, no animal from the conservation project are sold and will be sold, its just funny to irritate you swedes! Laughing
I did not do something illegal and my court is not over Wink
Back to top Go down
http://www.viperacaucasica.com
Alexej Darafeyenka
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper
Alexej Darafeyenka

Male

PostSubject: Re: Another Swede convicted of illegal trade in endangered species   Another Swede convicted of illegal trade in endangered species Icon_minitimeSat 21 Apr - 1:02

" How the most intellegent people are called in Sweden?
- the tourists!! Laughing
How the smartest people are called in Sweden?
- immigrants!! " Laughing

Last edited by Larsa Darafeyenka on Sat 21 Apr - 1:13; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Niklas Åhs

Male
Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2010-08-06

PostSubject: Re: Another Swede convicted of illegal trade in endangered species   Another Swede convicted of illegal trade in endangered species Icon_minitimeSat 21 Apr - 1:05

Convicted or not convicted? I haven´t looked at any reports and I don´t know the person mentioned in it but confusing when people have diffrent names on forums and in real life.

http://www.venomland.net/t643-no-nicknames
Back to top Go down
Peter Zürcher
Admin
Admin
Peter Zürcher

Male

PostSubject: Re: Another Swede convicted of illegal trade in endangered species   Another Swede convicted of illegal trade in endangered species Icon_minitimeSat 21 Apr - 1:23

Mr. Darafeyenka!

I wonder why you live in Sweden - surrounded by not so intelligent and not so smart people.

I' m living myself in a country where i haven't been born, and i would never talk about Austrian people in general like you do about your swedish hosts.

Shame on you for these global affronts.
These affronts and your violation of registering rules have brought you VERY closed to a ban.

regards
Peter
Back to top Go down
Alexej Darafeyenka
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper
Alexej Darafeyenka

Male

PostSubject: Re: Another Swede convicted of illegal trade in endangered species   Another Swede convicted of illegal trade in endangered species Icon_minitimeSat 21 Apr - 1:42

So, Mr.Zürcher, you think that rumours about a person who are not actually convicted yet(as I wrote my court is not over) are ok?? and dont bring anybody closer to ban??
Fortunately I dont live in Sweden constantly.. Wink

And I dont use any nickname but to be more correct my name is: Алексей Владимирович Дарафеенка
and I insist you use it here for me!
Back to top Go down
Magnus Karlsson
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper

Male

PostSubject: Re: Another Swede convicted of illegal trade in endangered species   Another Swede convicted of illegal trade in endangered species Icon_minitimeSat 21 Apr - 2:02

Larsa Darafeyenka wrote:
So, Mr.Zürcher, you think that rumours about a person who are not actually convicted yet(as I wrote my court is not over) are ok?? and dont bring anybody closer to ban??
Fortunately I dont live in Sweden constantly.. Wink

The issued verdict is not a rumor. Until you are declared not guilty by hovrätten (court of appeals) you are in fact a convicted felon.

Your statements about the swedes intelligence is incredible funny considering your own inability to understand the circumstances you find yourself in Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Alexej Darafeyenka
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper
Alexej Darafeyenka

Male

PostSubject: Re: Another Swede convicted of illegal trade in endangered species   Another Swede convicted of illegal trade in endangered species Icon_minitimeSat 21 Apr - 2:08

More intellegence could make you understand that I am not asking you any question, read again that quote you use above..
Back to top Go down
Peter Zürcher
Admin
Admin
Peter Zürcher

Male

PostSubject: Re: Another Swede convicted of illegal trade in endangered species   Another Swede convicted of illegal trade in endangered species Icon_minitimeSat 21 Apr - 2:32

Mr. Darafeyenka's using different names - for what reasons ever.
Larsa on his recent websites, Alexej (if i remember right) on his former website, but for the swedish court his name is Aliaksei Darafeyenka.

We have our strict rules here, no exceptions - no nicks - no tricks, only REAL FULL names!
So it's up to you, Mr. Darafeyenka, to make propositions to set that in accordance with our rules - your account beeing switched to your real name - or deleted - your choice.

And to the topic here:
A stupid strategy of defense to call this a rumor - the conviction report is available as pdf.
You may not be FINALLY convicted until your rights to appeal are used up - but this case is way more than a rumor!

Let me tell me one thing finally, Larsa, Alexej, Aliaksei or wohever you are. I don't know you personally, and i try to manage this as independent and unprejudiced as possible.
Anyway, i have to tell you that people pretending to be interested in or working for conservation could NOT allow themseves beeing involved in any unclear dealings with protected species.
Actually, those people really doing good, efficicient work in species conservations do not sell animals at all....

Maybe it would help you to use your own intelligence instead of asking for other's one?

Peter
Back to top Go down
Alexej Darafeyenka
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper
Alexej Darafeyenka

Male

PostSubject: Re: Another Swede convicted of illegal trade in endangered species   Another Swede convicted of illegal trade in endangered species Icon_minitimeSat 21 Apr - 2:52

You got a PM, Peter.
Back to top Go down
Kelly Chabak
Snakemaster
Snakemaster
Kelly Chabak

Female
Number of posts : 348
Registration date : 2010-09-29

PostSubject: Re: Another Swede convicted of illegal trade in endangered species   Another Swede convicted of illegal trade in endangered species Icon_minitimeWed 25 Apr - 1:30

Hi,

I think it might be prudent at this point not to assume anything. We have already gotten his nationallity wrong, so why not wait and see rather than making accusations? As an American, I take exception at both assumption of guilt, and that there are other countries fill with people even more stupid than here is the states:) I like how Russian's swear though, #@%!X....

k
Back to top Go down
Lennart Pettersson
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper
Lennart Pettersson

Male
Number of posts : 40
Registration date : 2010-08-31

PostSubject: Re: Another Swede convicted of illegal trade in endangered species   Another Swede convicted of illegal trade in endangered species Icon_minitimeWed 25 Apr - 1:58

Kelly Chabak wrote:
Hi,

I think it might be prudent at this point not to assume anything. We have already gotten his nationallity wrong, so why not wait and see rather than making accusations? As an American, I take exception at both assumption of guilt, and that there are other countries fill with people even more stupid than here is the states:) I like how Russian's swear though, #@%!X....

k

Accusations? The guy is convicted in court (even though he doesn't seems to understand that). The only one that got his nationality wrong is himself - he is from Belarus...
Back to top Go down
http://www.minaxtarantulas.se/svenskaherptiler/
Kelly Chabak
Snakemaster
Snakemaster
Kelly Chabak

Female
Number of posts : 348
Registration date : 2010-09-29

PostSubject: Re: Another Swede convicted of illegal trade in endangered species   Another Swede convicted of illegal trade in endangered species Icon_minitimeWed 25 Apr - 2:25

He just stated that he is still undergoing court proceedings. He can still appeal. All I am saying lets see what developes. Innocent people have been convicted before. If his appeal gets denied, then we call all stone him in the village square. You can cast the first stone.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Another Swede convicted of illegal trade in endangered species   Another Swede convicted of illegal trade in endangered species Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Another Swede convicted of illegal trade in endangered species
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next