VenomLand
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please beware, to register at venomland you are requested to use your full name (first and family name) - nicknames are not allowed and will be not activated! thx

Dear Venomland Members and Friends, Venomland is a little more than 6 years old now and by far the biggest Hot Snake community on the Planet! We want to thank all of you who made Venomland the leading Board. We are also very thankful to our Moderators and Admins for years of hard work. Now, it is time to move on. I have been thinking how to proceed and what to do with our beloved board as we reach a size, that we need to make drastic changes to secure the future of our community. As of now, Venomland is hosted by a free (well mostly free) hosting service. That was good for the first years but now we need to find a new way to run our forum. I have spend hundreds of Dollars over the years to keep Venomland up and running, and i have done so with pleasure. Now, we need your help! We need to come up with several thousand dollars for our Venomland 2.0 project, which i frankly cant pay for any longer by myself. So Venomland is asking his Friends and Members for the first time for their financial Support. Please help to keep Venomland alive, and let us move on to a new, better Portal in the Future! Every Dollar is helping us a great deal. I know, its hard times for everyone, but please spare a few Dollar for our community. If you have only 10 Dollars to spare, we are grateful, if it is more, it would be awesome. We are planning to develop a very new Venomland, with real community functions, a forum like you are already loving it and a real (online) Hot Snake Magazin. Also, there will be download areas for scientific papers, Wallpapers and more. Again folks, we can only do that if you all help. Please send me a Private Message if you want to keep Venomland alive, i will provide you with the details on how to donate Money. For now, we can accept money from creditcards via skrill (please google it, its a free service - account-details will be forwarded to you) and paypal. All the best, and for a (hopefully) nice future of our Board. Mario

Hello from Switzerland

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Michael Artho

Male
Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2015-02-08

Hello from Switzerland Empty
PostSubject: Hello from Switzerland   Hello from Switzerland Icon_minitimeFri 24 Apr - 19:47

Hi all,

It's time to do that thread, just read along long enough Smile

I'm from Switzerland, from Schaffhausen (where the biggest waterfall of Europe is) and now nearly 31 years old.

I started with snakes when I was 16 with a Pantherophis guttatus (have that Female still in my collection!) and keep then a lot of non venomous snakes. My favorites were/are the Asian colubrids, had/have a lot of species of them and had also the luck to breed some of them.

Some years ago I'm interested more and more for the venomous snakes. Almost 3 years ago I maked the handling and theory course here in Switzerland. Since then I could work with a lot of different venomous snakes from my mentor and meanwhile good friend. But I don't feel ready to keep own venomous snakes at home.

Last Dezember then I was ready to do that step and received the authorization to keep some species. My first venomous snakes were an adult pair of Naja atra formosa and a nearly adult pair of Deinagkistrodon acutus. I know, that are not the typical beginner snakes, but that are my favorites and it makes in my opinion no sense to keep some species I don't like just to train or to bridge..

For the future I plan to keep some other Naja species (really like them!), Atheris squamigera, Bothriechis schlegelii, Boiga dendrophila.. Lets see what the future brings, will not that my collection grow too fast and I have time, so no stress for that.

A dream of mine would be to keep once some Boiga dendrophila divergens! So when somebody here in knows something - just let me know!! Smile CB preferred! Last October I saw some in Houten, but these were WC and I was anyway too late..

Hope for a good time and good discussions here in!

Regards from Switzerland,

Michael

Hello from Switzerland <a href=Hello from Switzerland 20150310" />
Back to top Go down
Brian Faenger
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper

Male
Number of posts : 51
Registration date : 2014-07-30

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Switzerland   Hello from Switzerland Icon_minitimeFri 24 Apr - 20:19

Hi Michael,

Welcome on the forum. Good to find another Swiss guy here Smile

Sincerly,

Brian
Back to top Go down
Yannick Berthoud
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper
Yannick Berthoud

Male
Number of posts : 69
Registration date : 2015-04-20

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Switzerland   Hello from Switzerland Icon_minitimeFri 24 Apr - 22:24

Hello,

happy to see another swiss Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Switzerland   Hello from Switzerland Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hello from Switzerland
Page 1 of 1