VenomLand
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please beware, to register at venomland you are requested to use your full name (first and family name) - nicknames are not allowed and will be not activated! thx

Dear Venomland Members and Friends, Venomland is a little more than 6 years old now and by far the biggest Hot Snake community on the Planet! We want to thank all of you who made Venomland the leading Board. We are also very thankful to our Moderators and Admins for years of hard work. Now, it is time to move on. I have been thinking how to proceed and what to do with our beloved board as we reach a size, that we need to make drastic changes to secure the future of our community. As of now, Venomland is hosted by a free (well mostly free) hosting service. That was good for the first years but now we need to find a new way to run our forum. I have spend hundreds of Dollars over the years to keep Venomland up and running, and i have done so with pleasure. Now, we need your help! We need to come up with several thousand dollars for our Venomland 2.0 project, which i frankly cant pay for any longer by myself. So Venomland is asking his Friends and Members for the first time for their financial Support. Please help to keep Venomland alive, and let us move on to a new, better Portal in the Future! Every Dollar is helping us a great deal. I know, its hard times for everyone, but please spare a few Dollar for our community. If you have only 10 Dollars to spare, we are grateful, if it is more, it would be awesome. We are planning to develop a very new Venomland, with real community functions, a forum like you are already loving it and a real (online) Hot Snake Magazin. Also, there will be download areas for scientific papers, Wallpapers and more. Again folks, we can only do that if you all help. Please send me a Private Message if you want to keep Venomland alive, i will provide you with the details on how to donate Money. For now, we can accept money from creditcards via skrill (please google it, its a free service - account-details will be forwarded to you) and paypal. All the best, and for a (hopefully) nice future of our Board. Mario

Greetings from the cold north

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Kriss Kolderup
Kriss Kolderup

Male
Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2009-02-23

Greetings from the cold north Empty
PostSubject: Greetings from the cold north   Greetings from the cold north Icon_minitimeMon 23 Feb - 17:54

Hello

My name is Kriss, 26 years old male from Norway.

Been interested in reptiles all my life. Kept different snakes, lizards and frogs when i lived in Australia and Costa Rica, love to travel around the world in search of reptiles and amphibians. Photography and fieldwork is my main goals, when in search of reptiles.
My main interests are aboreal pitvipers and vipers, australian elapids, rearfanged colubrids and monitor lizards. But even the common housegekko still gets my attention.

Cheers

Kriss

Last edited by Kriss Kolderup on Fri 19 Oct - 19:53; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mario Lutz
Lord of the Serpents
Lord of the Serpents
Mario Lutz

Male
Number of posts : 1416
Registration date : 2008-03-06

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from the cold north   Greetings from the cold north Icon_minitimeMon 23 Feb - 17:57

Hi Kriss,

welcome at VenomLand..
hope you will enjoy it here...

cheers
M.
Back to top Go down
http://www.venomland.org
Miqe Erikzen
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer
Miqe Erikzen

Male
Number of posts : 204
Registration date : 2008-12-02

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from the cold north   Greetings from the cold north Icon_minitimeMon 23 Feb - 18:47

Welcome Kriss!

Tell me.. Have the laws in Norway lighten up yet?
Back to top Go down
http://www.terrariummorbidum.se
Kriss Kolderup
Kriss Kolderup

Male

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from the cold north   Greetings from the cold north Icon_minitimeMon 23 Feb - 19:26

Thanks guys.

Miqe: now, not yet. But the NHF (Norwegian Herpetological society) is in a dialog with the Norwegian government as we speak, about an "positiv list" to legalize some species of reptiles & amphibians. You can read more about this here (only in norwegian) http://www.herpetologisk.com/lov/positivliste-2008/positivliste-2008.html

But i doubt venomous reptiles ever would be legalized. So even if the government will open for a positiv list, hot snake keepers will still to be seen as criminals.
Back to top Go down
Miqe Erikzen
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer
Miqe Erikzen

Male
Number of posts : 204
Registration date : 2008-12-02

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from the cold north   Greetings from the cold north Icon_minitimeMon 23 Feb - 21:29

Kriss Kaspersen wrote:
Thanks guys.

Miqe: now, not yet. But the NHF (Norwegian Herpetological society) is in a dialog with the Norwegian government as we speak, about an "positiv list" to legalize some species of reptiles & amphibians. You can read more about this here (only in norwegian) http://www.herpetologisk.com/lov/positivliste-2008/positivliste-2008.html

But i doubt venomous reptiles ever would be legalized. So even if the government will open for a positiv list, hot snake keepers will still to be seen as criminals.

Thanks for the info, Kriss..

So, both good and bad news then, I suppose. (Will read your link now..)
Back to top Go down
http://www.terrariummorbidum.se
Petter Albinson

Male
Number of posts : 38
Registration date : 2008-07-15

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from the cold north   Greetings from the cold north Icon_minitimeTue 24 Feb - 1:15

Interesting. We swedes keep our fingers crossed hoping for that unrightous law to vanish. Good luck!

By the way, a few days ago I read on NHFs website that they are against private keeping of venomous reptiles. Do you know anything about that? Is it NHFs opinion that it´s to dangerous to keep them or is it just at tactical approch in order to legalize all reptiles step by step?

Petter
Back to top Go down
Kriss Kolderup
Kriss Kolderup

Male

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from the cold north   Greetings from the cold north Icon_minitimeTue 24 Feb - 20:09

Thanks for your support on our case, its been a battle we have fought since 1978, and we never been as close our goal as today.

Peter: Yes, thats true. NHF is permanently against the private keeping of venomous reptiles today. I think the reason for that could be tactical as you say and they maybe want to open for some species, to show that the private keeping of those will work in practice, or it could be that they observe the situation in other contries. Take for example Denmark, they had the same liberal law regarding venomous snakes as Sweden, until some years ago and now its illegal to keep so called dangerous animals like venomous snakes, big monitor lizards and big constrictors.

I dont like to say this, but i have a feeling that many contries will experience illegalization of venomous snakes in the years to come.

Kriss
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from the cold north   Greetings from the cold north Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Greetings from the cold north
Page 1 of 1