VenomLand
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please beware, to register at venomland you are requested to use your full name (first and family name) - nicknames are not allowed and will be not activated! thx

Dear Venomland Members and Friends, Venomland is a little more than 6 years old now and by far the biggest Hot Snake community on the Planet! We want to thank all of you who made Venomland the leading Board. We are also very thankful to our Moderators and Admins for years of hard work. Now, it is time to move on. I have been thinking how to proceed and what to do with our beloved board as we reach a size, that we need to make drastic changes to secure the future of our community. As of now, Venomland is hosted by a free (well mostly free) hosting service. That was good for the first years but now we need to find a new way to run our forum. I have spend hundreds of Dollars over the years to keep Venomland up and running, and i have done so with pleasure. Now, we need your help! We need to come up with several thousand dollars for our Venomland 2.0 project, which i frankly cant pay for any longer by myself. So Venomland is asking his Friends and Members for the first time for their financial Support. Please help to keep Venomland alive, and let us move on to a new, better Portal in the Future! Every Dollar is helping us a great deal. I know, its hard times for everyone, but please spare a few Dollar for our community. If you have only 10 Dollars to spare, we are grateful, if it is more, it would be awesome. We are planning to develop a very new Venomland, with real community functions, a forum like you are already loving it and a real (online) Hot Snake Magazin. Also, there will be download areas for scientific papers, Wallpapers and more. Again folks, we can only do that if you all help. Please send me a Private Message if you want to keep Venomland alive, i will provide you with the details on how to donate Money. For now, we can accept money from creditcards via skrill (please google it, its a free service - account-details will be forwarded to you) and paypal. All the best, and for a (hopefully) nice future of our Board. Mario

Holdback Green Pythons.

Go down 
+2
Jörg Porstmann
Andrew Hacket
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Andrew Hacket
Snakemaster
Snakemaster
Andrew Hacket

Male
Number of posts : 448
Registration date : 2008-04-27

Holdback Green Pythons. Empty
PostSubject: Holdback Green Pythons.   Holdback Green Pythons. Icon_minitimeTue 10 Mar - 21:29

I held these animals back from a shipment as I read that sometimes the animals that are desaturated often turn out best.
These red and yellow Biak specimens were very different to the rest of the shipment , much more washed out coloring.
The other specimens were much more bright and colorful..

Holdback Green Pythons. IMG_4576
Holdback Green Pythons. IMG_4518
Holdback Green Pythons. IMG_4563
Holdback Green Pythons. IMG_4559
Back to top Go down
Andrew Hacket
Snakemaster
Snakemaster
Andrew Hacket

Male

PostSubject: Re: Holdback Green Pythons.   Holdback Green Pythons. Icon_minitimeTue 10 Mar - 21:34

The other specimens where all like this coloring
Holdback Green Pythons. IMG_1879
Holdback Green Pythons. IMG_1884

I am not having much experience with the green pythons, do you guys think there is a difference? , I suppose time will tell and we look at the adult colors.

Cheers
Andrew
Back to top Go down
Andrew Hacket
Snakemaster
Snakemaster
Andrew Hacket

Male

PostSubject: Re: Holdback Green Pythons.   Holdback Green Pythons. Icon_minitimeTue 10 Mar - 21:37

Obviously the 2 sets of pictures are taken in different lighting as we no longer have the other specimens , but you can still see the difference in the animals, I think.
Back to top Go down
Jörg Porstmann
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer

Male
Number of posts : 243
Registration date : 2008-03-06

PostSubject: Re: Holdback Green Pythons.   Holdback Green Pythons. Icon_minitimeTue 10 Mar - 22:10

The problem is that you only can guess what will be.
Sometimes you have strange looking babies and as adults they are normal green and vice versa.
To make a guess more concretly you have to look at the parents.

After all I would have kept your special one too. I think this animal has a good potential.
Back to top Go down
http://www.pit-viper.de
Jon Kendrick
Jon Kendrick

Male
Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2009-02-02

PostSubject: Re: Holdback Green Pythons.   Holdback Green Pythons. Icon_minitimeFri 13 Mar - 19:52

I grew up a Biak of the same orange colouration a few years ago. It did seem to retain more yellow than others I've seen, but given the length of time Biaks can take to change colour, who really knows?

Yellow markings and tail tips or white tail tips are how I've selected most of my baby Chondro's. They seem a little less common, and I heard a similar thing to what you are referencing about these turning out the nicest. Of course, beauty is in the eye of the beholder Wink Personally, I don't care for many of the "high end" colours that everyone seems to make a big deal about. Honestly, I'd love to find a nice pair of Aru's........once the most commonly available type, now I don't know where they all went??

All of that aside now, I really like that red one you let go Wink

JonK
Back to top Go down
Andrew Hacket
Snakemaster
Snakemaster
Andrew Hacket

Male

PostSubject: Re: Holdback Green Pythons.   Holdback Green Pythons. Icon_minitimeFri 13 Mar - 20:53

Thanks guys for your input , I will add pictures to this post as I notice any major color changes.
Back to top Go down
AndrewGalano
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper
AndrewGalano

Male
Number of posts : 75
Registration date : 2008-04-16

PostSubject: Re: Holdback Green Pythons.   Holdback Green Pythons. Icon_minitimeTue 31 Mar - 12:18

thats a beaut! can post pics of the parents?
Back to top Go down
Andrew Hacket
Snakemaster
Snakemaster
Andrew Hacket

Male

PostSubject: Re: Holdback Green Pythons.   Holdback Green Pythons. Icon_minitimeWed 1 Apr - 16:52

Sorry mate , parents unknown , this was a bushmaster import fyi
Back to top Go down
Arcy_Salvacion
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper

Male
Number of posts : 89
Registration date : 2008-06-30

PostSubject: Re: Holdback Green Pythons.   Holdback Green Pythons. Icon_minitimeWed 15 Apr - 11:52

GTP's are really a beauty Very Happy
Back to top Go down
AndrewGalano
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper
AndrewGalano

Male
Number of posts : 75
Registration date : 2008-04-16

PostSubject: Re: Holdback Green Pythons.   Holdback Green Pythons. Icon_minitimeSun 19 Apr - 15:20

Andrew Hacket wrote:
Sorry mate , parents unknown , this was a bushmaster import fyi
they always offer a great set of animals thanks
Back to top Go down
eric hasler
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper
eric hasler

Male
Number of posts : 70
Registration date : 2009-08-19

PostSubject: my $.02 worth   Holdback Green Pythons. Icon_minitimeWed 27 Jan - 23:07

Hi Andrew,I have been breeding chondros now for 6 or 7 years now and just to let you know the one's you refer to as 'different' are just older animals. Red babies will go that pale shade as they mature and eventually turn green/yellow/white. But that is the wonderment of chondros,ya never know what they will turn out to be as mother nature has a sense of humour.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Holdback Green Pythons.   Holdback Green Pythons. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Holdback Green Pythons.
Page 1 of 1