VenomLand
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please beware, to register at venomland you are requested to use your full name (first and family name) - nicknames are not allowed and will be not activated! thx

Dear Venomland Members and Friends, Venomland is a little more than 6 years old now and by far the biggest Hot Snake community on the Planet! We want to thank all of you who made Venomland the leading Board. We are also very thankful to our Moderators and Admins for years of hard work. Now, it is time to move on. I have been thinking how to proceed and what to do with our beloved board as we reach a size, that we need to make drastic changes to secure the future of our community. As of now, Venomland is hosted by a free (well mostly free) hosting service. That was good for the first years but now we need to find a new way to run our forum. I have spend hundreds of Dollars over the years to keep Venomland up and running, and i have done so with pleasure. Now, we need your help! We need to come up with several thousand dollars for our Venomland 2.0 project, which i frankly cant pay for any longer by myself. So Venomland is asking his Friends and Members for the first time for their financial Support. Please help to keep Venomland alive, and let us move on to a new, better Portal in the Future! Every Dollar is helping us a great deal. I know, its hard times for everyone, but please spare a few Dollar for our community. If you have only 10 Dollars to spare, we are grateful, if it is more, it would be awesome. We are planning to develop a very new Venomland, with real community functions, a forum like you are already loving it and a real (online) Hot Snake Magazin. Also, there will be download areas for scientific papers, Wallpapers and more. Again folks, we can only do that if you all help. Please send me a Private Message if you want to keep Venomland alive, i will provide you with the details on how to donate Money. For now, we can accept money from creditcards via skrill (please google it, its a free service - account-details will be forwarded to you) and paypal. All the best, and for a (hopefully) nice future of our Board. Mario

Ophiophagus hannah

Go down 
+9
Scotty Allen
Al Hyde
Rob Deans
Graeme Skinner
Wolfgang Wüster
Mario Lutz
Neil Villard
Guenter Leitenbauer
Matthew Webb
13 posters
AuthorMessage
Matthew Webb

Male
Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2009-04-23

Ophiophagus hannah Empty
PostSubject: Ophiophagus hannah   Ophiophagus hannah Icon_minitimeWed 6 May - 21:25

A work collegue got this shot from a friend on holiday in India, I would say there in combat?

Ophiophagus hannah Budmonitor-albums-various-picture32253-kings-battleing-india

Hope you like!

Cheers Matt
Back to top Go down
Guenter Leitenbauer
Lord of the Serpents
Lord of the Serpents
Guenter Leitenbauer

Male
Number of posts : 1389
Registration date : 2008-05-17

Ophiophagus hannah Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ophiophagus hannah   Ophiophagus hannah Icon_minitimeWed 6 May - 21:31

Oh my goodness they are HUGE!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.leitenbauer.net
Neil Villard
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper
Neil Villard

Male
Number of posts : 85
Registration date : 2008-10-09

Ophiophagus hannah Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ophiophagus hannah   Ophiophagus hannah Icon_minitimeWed 6 May - 21:37

WOWWWW I am very impressed, really very very impressed Shocked Shocked Shocked

You have more pictures?
Back to top Go down
http://www.vuivra.ch
Mario Lutz
Lord of the Serpents
Lord of the Serpents
Mario Lutz

Male
Number of posts : 1416
Registration date : 2008-03-06

Ophiophagus hannah Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ophiophagus hannah   Ophiophagus hannah Icon_minitimeWed 6 May - 21:48

judging by the size of this animals, i would think too this is a combat looks like two good-sized males on this picture... anyway, that is an awesome picture from just incredible, fascinating animals.

thanks for sharing Matt!

cheers
M.
Back to top Go down
http://www.venomland.org
Matthew Webb

Male

Ophiophagus hannah Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ophiophagus hannah   Ophiophagus hannah Icon_minitimeWed 6 May - 22:08

Glad you all like it, I have to say and i think you'll al agree he was very lucky to catch this!

This is the only shot I have from him that was sent through with different animals but i'm sure he has more, i'll try and get hold of some!

Cheers Matt
Back to top Go down
Wolfgang Wüster
Systematicus
Systematicus

Number of posts : 273
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Ophiophagus hannah Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ophiophagus hannah   Ophiophagus hannah Icon_minitimeThu 7 May - 0:28

Matthew Webb wrote:

Hope you like!

No, I hate it, I hate you, and I hate your friend even more.

Envy does not bring out the best in me Wink

More seriously, that is a sensational photo - was this taken in the wild? Absolutely stunning!
Back to top Go down
http://www.bangor.ac.uk/~bss166/
Graeme Skinner
Snakemaster
Snakemaster
Graeme Skinner

Male
Number of posts : 466
Registration date : 2009-02-19

Ophiophagus hannah Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ophiophagus hannah   Ophiophagus hannah Icon_minitimeThu 7 May - 1:22

Great image thanks for the post.
Back to top Go down
Matthew Webb

Male

Ophiophagus hannah Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ophiophagus hannah   Ophiophagus hannah Icon_minitimeThu 7 May - 1:51

Glad you all like it, my jaw dropped when he sent it to us!

Sorry Wolfgang it makes me just as envyous! I was in India last November and never never saw a hint of a king, except in a zoo and they were monsters!

It was taken in a reserve in India, the guy who took it is Indian so i'm sure knows the reserve very well, and is allways seeing tigers there,

heres a couple of shot's from the same visit:

Ophiophagus hannah Budmonitor-albums-various-picture32295-38958039849c701ee2db38

Ophiophagus hannah Budmonitor-albums-various-picture32294-2083113095498c05304c51a
Back to top Go down
Rob Deans
Snakemaster
Snakemaster
Rob Deans

Male
Number of posts : 322
Registration date : 2008-04-24

Ophiophagus hannah Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ophiophagus hannah   Ophiophagus hannah Icon_minitimeThu 7 May - 15:01

Wow what an incredible photo. A true once in a lifetime observation, and a good pic to boot. Awesome awesome!
Can we presume there was a female nearby?
Back to top Go down
Rob Deans
Snakemaster
Snakemaster
Rob Deans

Male
Number of posts : 322
Registration date : 2008-04-24

Ophiophagus hannah Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ophiophagus hannah   Ophiophagus hannah Icon_minitimeThu 7 May - 15:04

And Tigers!!!! Wow. Haha Im moving!
Would that be a pair of Tigers? The one looks nice and round.
Back to top Go down
Al Hyde
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer

Male
Number of posts : 154
Registration date : 2008-07-21

Ophiophagus hannah Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ophiophagus hannah   Ophiophagus hannah Icon_minitimeThu 7 May - 17:54

VeryVery Cool pics ! What i'd give to see that in the wild Smile
Back to top Go down
Scotty Allen
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer
Scotty Allen

Male
Number of posts : 103
Registration date : 2008-11-19

Ophiophagus hannah Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ophiophagus hannah   Ophiophagus hannah Icon_minitimeThu 7 May - 18:22

Great photo of the kings. I have to say though that actually seeing tigers in the wild like that even if it is a nature preserve, would be the thrill of a lifetime. Your friend is very lucky indeed.
Back to top Go down
Jaroslav Karhánek
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer
Jaroslav Karhánek

Male
Number of posts : 213
Registration date : 2009-04-14

Ophiophagus hannah Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ophiophagus hannah   Ophiophagus hannah Icon_minitimeFri 8 May - 2:14

greta pictures. Thx for sharing
Back to top Go down
http://www.bushmaster.estranky.cz/
Brian Petrie
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer

Male
Number of posts : 239
Registration date : 2008-09-23

Ophiophagus hannah Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ophiophagus hannah   Ophiophagus hannah Icon_minitimeFri 8 May - 5:31

What a fantastic set of pictures, I love the Naja naja, thanks very much for posting them Matt.
Cheers,
Brian.
Back to top Go down
Grégoire Meier
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer
Grégoire Meier

Male
Number of posts : 136
Registration date : 2008-11-27

Ophiophagus hannah Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ophiophagus hannah   Ophiophagus hannah Icon_minitimeFri 8 May - 15:39

WOW WOW WOW
Back to top Go down
http://serpenti-del-ticino.over-blog.org/
Matthew Webb

Male

Ophiophagus hannah Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ophiophagus hannah   Ophiophagus hannah Icon_minitimeFri 8 May - 15:51

No problem guys, I couldn't keep these to myslef!

Brian, have you been up to Steve's shop in Oxford lately? he has a few new aniamls you might like to see!

Cheers Matt
Back to top Go down
Sami Heikkinen
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer
Sami Heikkinen

Male
Number of posts : 173
Registration date : 2008-11-04

Ophiophagus hannah Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ophiophagus hannah   Ophiophagus hannah Icon_minitimeSat 9 May - 0:14

These are amazing monsters. I also got lucky and see one while I was in India last year. Unfortunatelly I can't post a photo of it.

Sami
Back to top Go down
http://nothingtosayphoto.blogspot.com/

Ophiophagus hannah Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ophiophagus hannah   Ophiophagus hannah Icon_minitimeSat 9 May - 15:02

I just could be jaleous... Or impressed... Or... ahem... I think I'll stay jaleous! Very Happy Thanks for sharing those unique moments in the wilderness.

Cheers
LucasC.
Back to top Go down
Brian Petrie
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer

Male
Number of posts : 239
Registration date : 2008-09-23

Ophiophagus hannah Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ophiophagus hannah   Ophiophagus hannah Icon_minitimeSun 10 May - 3:07

Hi Matt,
I am on holiday this week, Iwill pop up to see Steve.
Cheers,
Brian.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Ophiophagus hannah Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ophiophagus hannah   Ophiophagus hannah Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ophiophagus hannah
Page 1 of 1