VenomLand
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please beware, to register at venomland you are requested to use your full name (first and family name) - nicknames are not allowed and will be not activated! thx

Dear Venomland Members and Friends, Venomland is a little more than 6 years old now and by far the biggest Hot Snake community on the Planet! We want to thank all of you who made Venomland the leading Board. We are also very thankful to our Moderators and Admins for years of hard work. Now, it is time to move on. I have been thinking how to proceed and what to do with our beloved board as we reach a size, that we need to make drastic changes to secure the future of our community. As of now, Venomland is hosted by a free (well mostly free) hosting service. That was good for the first years but now we need to find a new way to run our forum. I have spend hundreds of Dollars over the years to keep Venomland up and running, and i have done so with pleasure. Now, we need your help! We need to come up with several thousand dollars for our Venomland 2.0 project, which i frankly cant pay for any longer by myself. So Venomland is asking his Friends and Members for the first time for their financial Support. Please help to keep Venomland alive, and let us move on to a new, better Portal in the Future! Every Dollar is helping us a great deal. I know, its hard times for everyone, but please spare a few Dollar for our community. If you have only 10 Dollars to spare, we are grateful, if it is more, it would be awesome. We are planning to develop a very new Venomland, with real community functions, a forum like you are already loving it and a real (online) Hot Snake Magazin. Also, there will be download areas for scientific papers, Wallpapers and more. Again folks, we can only do that if you all help. Please send me a Private Message if you want to keep Venomland alive, i will provide you with the details on how to donate Money. For now, we can accept money from creditcards via skrill (please google it, its a free service - account-details will be forwarded to you) and paypal. All the best, and for a (hopefully) nice future of our Board. Mario

Tropidolaemus sp. from Palawan, Babies! (Pictures)

Go down 
+2
Vangelis Rokkos
Mario Lutz
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Mario Lutz
Lord of the Serpents
Lord of the Serpents
Mario Lutz

Male
Number of posts : 1416
Registration date : 2008-03-06

Tropidolaemus sp. from Palawan, Babies! (Pictures) Empty
PostSubject: Tropidolaemus sp. from Palawan, Babies! (Pictures)   Tropidolaemus sp. from Palawan, Babies! (Pictures) Icon_minitimeSat 5 Apr - 14:03

Tropidolaemus is an poorly understood family of asian Viperids.

as we only begin to understand their systematics, i also been always very interested on their biology and husbandry.
some authors still believe Tropidolaemus cant be kept successfully in captivity. thats not true at all - if someone understands this animals and offer them the care they need, i find Tropidolaemus are an hardly animal, who even breeds successful in captive care.

i kept hundreds of different Tropidolaemus over the years and been lucky to breed them many times in captivity.

our latest Offspring is from the still yet to described Tropidolaemus sp. from Palawan Island, Philippines.

Tropidolaemus sp. from Palawan, Babies! (Pictures) Tropid10
Tropidolaemus sp., Palawan - the Mama

Tropidolaemus sp. from Palawan, Babies! (Pictures) Tropid11
clutch number 1

some close ups of the babies - watch the color difference between the juvenile and the adults

Tropidolaemus sp. from Palawan, Babies! (Pictures) Tropid12
Tropidolaemus sp., Palawan - female,

Tropidolaemus sp. from Palawan, Babies! (Pictures) Tropid13
Tropidolaemus sp., Palawan - male,

cheers
Mario
Back to top Go down
http://www.venomland.org
Vangelis Rokkos
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper
Vangelis Rokkos

Male
Number of posts : 59
Registration date : 2008-03-16

PostSubject: Re: Tropidolaemus sp. from Palawan, Babies! (Pictures)   Tropidolaemus sp. from Palawan, Babies! (Pictures) Icon_minitimeSat 5 Apr - 15:02

Mario this is the reason who make me to Visit you as soon as possible.Yes I agree with you Tropidolaemus is Hard animals..but this depend from the place of where is the author of the animal,Is difference to live in Greece or Germany,and different to live in Philippines.You have not to ''play'' with condition's like the weather,you have to ''play'' only with feeding and watering rules.I hope some day to be possible to maintain also I in my collection few from the animals that you have there in your park.My best wishes for a lot of and good Births.Continue the Hard and good work
Regards
Vangelis
Back to top Go down
Jörg Porstmann
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer

Male
Number of posts : 243

PostSubject: Re: Tropidolaemus sp. from Palawan, Babies! (Pictures)   Tropidolaemus sp. from Palawan, Babies! (Pictures) Icon_minitimeSat 5 Apr - 16:02

No Vangelis, I see it completly different.

I think it´s much more easier here in Germany or "Greece" to work with this kind of animals.
It´s better to build a clima than to have one that can´t be controlled.

At Marios place it is normaly to hot. So I think it´s harder to get such thinks handled, if you have to heat your cage.

So in my opinion - if you have a good qualtiy of this snakes, you can better keep them here as Mario can do.
Back to top Go down
http://www.pit-viper.de
Mario Lutz
Lord of the Serpents
Lord of the Serpents
Mario Lutz

Male

PostSubject: Re: Tropidolaemus sp. from Palawan, Babies! (Pictures)   Tropidolaemus sp. from Palawan, Babies! (Pictures) Icon_minitimeSat 5 Apr - 16:20

well, fact is: Mindoro has no Tropidolaemus at all!

i have to fight with the heat - which is very difficult to do.
right now, we have 38°C! that will kill any Tropidolaemus.

another fact, commonly overlooked is: the Philippines are 2800 km long, its like the distance from sweden to greece!
we have in the north 10°C in the middle 30°+ and in the south 22°C, also the humidity is rather different.

tropics are not like tropics everywhere.

i do have an total poison climate here for tropidolaemus, with lack in electronic equipment's.

folks always believe, we have an easy life in keeping tropical animals here - the opposite way is true. its easier to raise temp and humidity as it is to lower it with our possibilities (brown outs, etc.)

cheers
Mario
Back to top Go down
Christoph Rothenbühler
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer

Male
Number of posts : 102
Registration date : 2008-03-07

PostSubject: Re: Tropidolaemus sp. from Palawan, Babies! (Pictures)   Tropidolaemus sp. from Palawan, Babies! (Pictures) Icon_minitimeMon 7 Apr - 22:00

Hi Mario,
Congrats to you and your team. It's great to see the success with the palawan-animals. I hope that many offspring of these species will follow, so that these animals can find the way in my stock of tropidolaemus later Wink

In my opinion one of the most stunning animals in the T-Complex...

greetings
chris
Back to top Go down
http://www.reptiles.c-ro.ch
Jan Koetze
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper

Male
Number of posts : 56
Registration date : 2008-04-05

PostSubject: Re: Tropidolaemus sp. from Palawan, Babies! (Pictures)   Tropidolaemus sp. from Palawan, Babies! (Pictures) Icon_minitimeTue 8 Apr - 4:20

@Vangelis Unless you keep (or planning to keep) your animals in the garden i missing your point here Razz

@Mario, awesome animals! Man i wish i'll have some offspring! They do mate but that's all they seem to do. Everything should be perfect... Climate controlled room (dedicated snakeroom), right humidity, right temperature, good enclosures, no stress whatsoever, etc. etc. mind boggeling Crying or Very sad

Jan

Last edited by Jan Koetze on Tue 8 Apr - 6:56; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Vangelis Rokkos
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper
Vangelis Rokkos

Male

PostSubject: Re: Tropidolaemus sp. from Palawan, Babies! (Pictures)   Tropidolaemus sp. from Palawan, Babies! (Pictures) Icon_minitimeTue 8 Apr - 6:13

Jan Koetze wrote:
@Vangelis Unless you keep (or planning to keep) your animals in the garden a missing your point here Razz

@Mario, awesome animals! Man i wish i'll have some offspring! They do mate but that's all they seem to do. Everything should be perfect... Climate controlled room (dedicated snakeroom), right humidity, right temperature, good enclosures, no stress whatsoever, etc. etc. mind boggeling Crying or Very sad

Jan
Hi Jan as always I say my English is not so good.This is the reason who everybody here not understand me like you now!!!My friend you not understand what I mean!!!In Greece where I live we don't have tropical weather!!!In my garden only the cats can survive outside!!! Shocked
Back to top Go down
Jan Koetze
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper

Male

PostSubject: Re: Tropidolaemus sp. from Palawan, Babies! (Pictures)   Tropidolaemus sp. from Palawan, Babies! (Pictures) Icon_minitimeTue 8 Apr - 7:03

Vangelis Rokkos wrote:
Hi Jan as always I say my English is not so good.This is the reason who everybody here not understand me like you now!!!My friend you not understand what I mean!!!In Greece where I live we don't have tropical weather!!!In my garden only the cats can survive outside!!! Shocked

Cheer up mate, i was fooling around Very Happy I didn't really thought you keep your animals in your garden Very Happy

Jan
Back to top Go down
Vangelis Rokkos
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper
Vangelis Rokkos

Male

PostSubject: Re: Tropidolaemus sp. from Palawan, Babies! (Pictures)   Tropidolaemus sp. from Palawan, Babies! (Pictures) Icon_minitimeTue 8 Apr - 7:07

Jan Koetze wrote:
Vangelis Rokkos wrote:

Cheer up mate, i was fooling around Very Happy I didn't really thought you keep your animals in your garden Very Happy

Jan

Laughing Laughing Laughing lol!
Back to top Go down
Mario Lutz
Lord of the Serpents
Lord of the Serpents
Mario Lutz

Male

PostSubject: Re: Tropidolaemus sp. from Palawan, Babies! (Pictures)   Tropidolaemus sp. from Palawan, Babies! (Pictures) Icon_minitimeTue 8 Apr - 14:10

Jan Koetze wrote:

Jan

well - like i was saying it many times, if you want to breed Tropidolaemus, you need to make sure you have the right species paired up to each other.
not saying you dont, but in the last years, ill spend many time in studying the genus, what can i tell you, i believe - we found in almost all places, (as i believe) two, in some cases even 3 species in sympatric. thats on of the problems with breeding this magnificent snakes, i think most of the folks keep simply to different species in their terras. all the time, i put (like i think) the same species pairs together - we have offspring!

i know that this answer is not satisfying for you right now, but you need to wait until our other papers on the Tropidolaemus Revision will be published, than you will clearly understand what i mean. the confusion will be a bit less then (or not - lest see)

so long
Mario
Back to top Go down
Jan Koetze
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper

Male

PostSubject: Re: Tropidolaemus sp. from Palawan, Babies! (Pictures)   Tropidolaemus sp. from Palawan, Babies! (Pictures) Icon_minitimeTue 8 Apr - 17:03

Mario Lutz wrote:
Jan Koetze wrote:

Jan

well - like i was saying it many times, if you want to breed Tropidolaemus, you need to make sure you have the right species paired up to each other.
not saying you dont, but in the last years, ill spend many time in studying the genus, what can i tell you, i believe - we found in almost all places, (as i believe) two, in some cases even 3 species in sympatric. thats on of the problems with breeding this magnificent snakes, i think most of the folks keep simply to different species in their terras. all the time, i put (like i think) the same species pairs together - we have offspring!

i know that this answer is not satisfying for you right now, but you need to wait until our other papers on the Tropidolaemus Revision will be published, than you will clearly understand what i mean. the confusion will be a bit less then (or not - lest see)

so long
Mario

The two animals i'm talking about are 2 animals out of 50 animals from the same import. All the animals in that shipment where the same age/size. Real juveniles with 20cm in length or so. That was 3,5 years ago. I'm quite sure that they are from the same location but like i mention before, the information the importer gives isn't 100% reliable. That's why (and animal welfare!!!) i prefer to buy CB instead of WC, 70% of my animals are capture bred. But it's not always possible.

Can't wait till your papers are published bounce

Jan
Back to top Go down
Jörg Porstmann
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer

Male

PostSubject: Re: Tropidolaemus sp. from Palawan, Babies! (Pictures)   Tropidolaemus sp. from Palawan, Babies! (Pictures) Icon_minitimeTue 8 Apr - 17:22

Yes Jan, that may be right, but if there are two Tropidolaemus specs on the same island, that could be exactly the mechanism of nature that they can´t cross themselves.
So who could tell you really if you have the correct male to this female.
Back to top Go down
Jan Koetze
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper

Male

PostSubject: Re: Tropidolaemus sp. from Palawan, Babies! (Pictures)   Tropidolaemus sp. from Palawan, Babies! (Pictures) Icon_minitimeTue 8 Apr - 17:25

Jörg Porstmann wrote:
Yes Jan, that may be right, but if there are two Tropidolaemus specs on the same island, that could be exactly the mechanism of nature that they can´t cross themselves.
So who could tell you really if you have the correct male to this female.

Yes.... that's true Sad

Jan
Back to top Go down
Jörg Porstmann
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer

Male

PostSubject: Re: Tropidolaemus sp. from Palawan, Babies! (Pictures)   Tropidolaemus sp. from Palawan, Babies! (Pictures) Icon_minitimeTue 8 Apr - 17:30

For us it´s a try and error game. If it works you shouldn´t change this pair nevermore.
Back to top Go down
AndrewGalano
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper
AndrewGalano

Male
Number of posts : 75
Registration date : 2008-04-16

PostSubject: Re: Tropidolaemus sp. from Palawan, Babies! (Pictures)   Tropidolaemus sp. from Palawan, Babies! (Pictures) Icon_minitimeSat 19 Apr - 0:21

congrats and more power Mario.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tropidolaemus sp. from Palawan, Babies! (Pictures)   Tropidolaemus sp. from Palawan, Babies! (Pictures) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tropidolaemus sp. from Palawan, Babies! (Pictures)
Page 1 of 1