VenomLand
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please beware, to register at venomland you are requested to use your full name (first and family name) - nicknames are not allowed and will be not activated! thx

Dear Venomland Members and Friends, Venomland is a little more than 6 years old now and by far the biggest Hot Snake community on the Planet! We want to thank all of you who made Venomland the leading Board. We are also very thankful to our Moderators and Admins for years of hard work. Now, it is time to move on. I have been thinking how to proceed and what to do with our beloved board as we reach a size, that we need to make drastic changes to secure the future of our community. As of now, Venomland is hosted by a free (well mostly free) hosting service. That was good for the first years but now we need to find a new way to run our forum. I have spend hundreds of Dollars over the years to keep Venomland up and running, and i have done so with pleasure. Now, we need your help! We need to come up with several thousand dollars for our Venomland 2.0 project, which i frankly cant pay for any longer by myself. So Venomland is asking his Friends and Members for the first time for their financial Support. Please help to keep Venomland alive, and let us move on to a new, better Portal in the Future! Every Dollar is helping us a great deal. I know, its hard times for everyone, but please spare a few Dollar for our community. If you have only 10 Dollars to spare, we are grateful, if it is more, it would be awesome. We are planning to develop a very new Venomland, with real community functions, a forum like you are already loving it and a real (online) Hot Snake Magazin. Also, there will be download areas for scientific papers, Wallpapers and more. Again folks, we can only do that if you all help. Please send me a Private Message if you want to keep Venomland alive, i will provide you with the details on how to donate Money. For now, we can accept money from creditcards via skrill (please google it, its a free service - account-details will be forwarded to you) and paypal. All the best, and for a (hopefully) nice future of our Board. Mario

A good day starts with Tropidolaemus Babies

Go down 
+5
Peter Zürcher
Karsten Hoer
Mario Lutz
Derek Morgan
Jörg Porstmann
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Jörg Porstmann
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer

Male
Number of posts : 243
Registration date : 2008-03-06

A good day starts with Tropidolaemus Babies Empty
PostSubject: A good day starts with Tropidolaemus Babies   A good day starts with Tropidolaemus Babies Icon_minitimeSat 6 Sep - 18:12

Today at 6am I start my office day - strange time but my girl had to go work and so I wake up too.
While telephon calling with mario I said to him my Tropidolaemus girl ist lying in a strange way on her favourite branch and suddenly she droped her first baby.

At the moment there are 2,3 and some will follow soon.
Here is the dad, which I bought as a baby in Hamm from Jörg Wiluda 3 years ago.
A good day starts with Tropidolaemus Babies Tropido

Here he is starting doing his job
A good day starts with Tropidolaemus Babies Sulawesi_6

Here a headshot of the female that is also from Jörg Wiluda
A good day starts with Tropidolaemus Babies Suban_female

Fotos of Birth and Babies will follow soon
Back to top Go down
http://www.pit-viper.de
Derek Morgan
Snakemaster
Snakemaster
Derek Morgan

Male
Number of posts : 410
Registration date : 2008-05-13

PostSubject: Re: A good day starts with Tropidolaemus Babies   A good day starts with Tropidolaemus Babies Icon_minitimeSat 6 Sep - 21:20

Congratulations Jörg!!! I love the "pursuit" photo there! I look forward to seeing pics of the babies and the birth.

Derek
Back to top Go down
http://www.arborealvipers.com
Mario Lutz
Lord of the Serpents
Lord of the Serpents
Mario Lutz

Male
Number of posts : 1416

PostSubject: Re: A good day starts with Tropidolaemus Babies   A good day starts with Tropidolaemus Babies Icon_minitimeSun 7 Sep - 11:25

congrats Jörg!!!

as i always say, Tropidolaemus is a hard and thankful species - if one follows few simple rules... you certainly have done this...

cheers
Mario
Back to top Go down
http://www.venomland.org
Karsten Hoer
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper
Karsten Hoer

Male
Number of posts : 78
Registration date : 2008-03-07

PostSubject: Re: A good day starts with Tropidolaemus Babies   A good day starts with Tropidolaemus Babies Icon_minitimeSun 7 Sep - 15:50

congrats Jörg!!!

Now we have already 2 breed success of tropidolaemus subannulatus in Ahlen. And maybe my second female is also pregnant. Like i told you month ago, Ahlen will be the capital for hot snakes.

regards,
Karsten
Back to top Go down
http://www.karstenhoer.de
Peter Zürcher
Admin
Admin
Peter Zürcher

Male
Number of posts : 1266

PostSubject: Re: A good day starts with Tropidolaemus Babies   A good day starts with Tropidolaemus Babies Icon_minitimeSun 7 Sep - 17:10

Quote :
Ahlen will be the capital for hot snakes.

Maybe for those with larger, movable fangs, Jörg.

But Patergassen, Austria, will be (or is already) the capital for "spreaded neck snakes", LOL.

Peter
Back to top Go down
http://www.reptilienzoonockalm.at
Jörg Porstmann
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer

Male

PostSubject: Re: A good day starts with Tropidolaemus Babies   A good day starts with Tropidolaemus Babies Icon_minitimeSun 7 Sep - 17:11

And here are some pics:

Mom, while doing her perfect job
A good day starts with Tropidolaemus Babies Tb1

Mom and daughter
A good day starts with Tropidolaemus Babies Tb2

Newborn female dropped to the ground
A good day starts with Tropidolaemus Babies Tb3

Mom is dropping next baby
A good day starts with Tropidolaemus Babies Tb4

I believe I could fly
A good day starts with Tropidolaemus Babies Tb5

You don´t see me
A good day starts with Tropidolaemus Babies Tb6

Dad in the back seems to be on this pic as big as the babies and he´s not impressed
A good day starts with Tropidolaemus Babies Tb7
Back to top Go down
Mario Lutz
Lord of the Serpents
Lord of the Serpents
Mario Lutz

Male
Number of posts : 1416

PostSubject: Re: A good day starts with Tropidolaemus Babies   A good day starts with Tropidolaemus Babies Icon_minitimeSun 7 Sep - 17:17

but i am impressed.

thanks for sharing your pictures and thanks for doing your contribution on breeding, especially if the species is rare or like in this case believed to be difficult.

Let me say this again: i said since years, Tropidolaemus sp. are not more difficult than other Crotalids - if you only follow simple rules.

thanks again
Mario
Back to top Go down
http://www.venomland.org
Petter Albinson

Male
Number of posts : 38
Registration date : 2008-07-15

PostSubject: Re: A good day starts with Tropidolaemus Babies   A good day starts with Tropidolaemus Babies Icon_minitimeMon 8 Sep - 19:54

Beautiful snakes. Congrats!
I wish I will have one of those mornings in the next couple of years or so. If you want to, please describe how you keep your Tropidolaemus, what you´ve done to induce breeding and so on.

Quote :
Tropidolaemus sp. are not more difficult than other Crotalids - if you only follow simple rules.

The same to you, Mario, please tell me the simple rules.

Petter
Back to top Go down
Marc Tigges
Marc Tigges

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2008-04-24

PostSubject: Re: A good day starts with Tropidolaemus Babies   A good day starts with Tropidolaemus Babies Icon_minitimeMon 8 Sep - 20:12

Hi Jörg!

Also congrats from me!
In some years Ahlen will have more snakes then habitants lol!

Marc
Back to top Go down
Jörg Porstmann
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer

Male

PostSubject: Re: A good day starts with Tropidolaemus Babies   A good day starts with Tropidolaemus Babies Icon_minitimeMon 8 Sep - 20:54

Hello Petter,
I took a normal glas cage cut the glass of the roof away and replaced it with gauze to get better air circulation in this cage.
Then I put a slanted glas to sperate water part from terra part. With Silicon I put gravel on the slanted glass that the snakes could leave the water part. After all I´m able to activate a water fall but I never let it run.

Sorry for the bad pic, but it´s the only one from building
A good day starts with Tropidolaemus Babies Tr_cage

To make heat and light I only use a small basking spot. That´s all
I spray warm water every day in the cage and what is very important I let them drink from spray gun.

To the food. I´ll never feed anything with fur. The girl gets big rat pinkies and the mal feed big mice "speckies" (german expression for mice without fur that are bigger than pinkies). That is how I raised the boy for three years and the girl works fine this way too.

So nothing really magic. The only problem you got in europe is that is hard to get good animals in good condition and the correct male to the girl, because 95% of males looks the same.

Regards Jörg
Back to top Go down
Markus Luder
Markus Luder

Male
Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2008-05-07

PostSubject: Re: A good day starts with Tropidolaemus Babies   A good day starts with Tropidolaemus Babies Icon_minitimeMon 8 Sep - 21:57

Congratulations to the beautiful babies!

now you can exchange Wink

regards Markus
Back to top Go down
Brance Mauldin
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper
Brance Mauldin

Male
Number of posts : 70
Registration date : 2008-07-01

PostSubject: Re: A good day starts with Tropidolaemus Babies   A good day starts with Tropidolaemus Babies Icon_minitimeMon 8 Sep - 23:56

Congrats on the babies!

I currently have 1.2 Sulawesi and would like to hear more about the conditions you use to keep/cylce them. I have tried for 2 yrs now but just can't seem to get it right. Any help/suggestions would be greatly appreciated, by more than just me I'm sure.
Back to top Go down
Jörg Porstmann
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer

Male

PostSubject: Re: A good day starts with Tropidolaemus Babies   A good day starts with Tropidolaemus Babies Icon_minitimeTue 9 Sep - 0:07

Hi Brance -
as said before - one problem could be that you don´t have the correct male.

Otherwise it could be usefull that you seperate the male from the girls and put him back only for mating.
What conditions do you have at your cage?
Back to top Go down
Brance Mauldin
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper
Brance Mauldin

Male

PostSubject: Re: A good day starts with Tropidolaemus Babies   A good day starts with Tropidolaemus Babies Icon_minitimeTue 9 Sep - 0:25

The male came in WC with one of the females so I know he is from the same locale.

I keep the male separate from both of the females except for when trying to breed them so pretty much 10 months of the year. The male’s cage is a lot smaller so his thermal gradient isn't as broad as the females so it stays relatively around 80 degrees F. The females both have a gradient but both seem to prefer the warmer end which is also around 80. The temps drop to around 75 at night and humidity is maintained via automatic misting system at ~80-90%.

In the past I have tried to reproduce annual rainfall on the island of Celebes using a rain chamber that I constructed and introducing the male to a female during periods of heavy rains locally hoping the outside pressure change would stimulate breeding but to date I have had zero luck.
Back to top Go down
Brance Mauldin
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper
Brance Mauldin

Male

PostSubject: Re: A good day starts with Tropidolaemus Babies   A good day starts with Tropidolaemus Babies Icon_minitimeThu 11 Sep - 23:20

And those simple rules were?
Back to top Go down
Jörg Porstmann
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer

Male

PostSubject: Re: A good day starts with Tropidolaemus Babies   A good day starts with Tropidolaemus Babies Icon_minitimeSat 13 Sep - 16:43

As said before I do nothing really special.

I keep the snakes in a kind of chamaeleon cage (bigger gauze for better air condition). A bigger water part as normal.
Only a weak spot to get max 28° C. Colder parts of the cage are about 24-25°C and thats the place where the male is most of the time.
I spray only with warm water and let them drink every day from the spray gun.
And the food is always without fur to avoid occlusion and assists a good digestion.

For the mating I´ve done nothing. I think if this species work perfectly, they´ll do it anyway.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A good day starts with Tropidolaemus Babies   A good day starts with Tropidolaemus Babies Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A good day starts with Tropidolaemus Babies
Page 1 of 1