VenomLand
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please beware, to register at venomland you are requested to use your full name (first and family name) - nicknames are not allowed and will be not activated! thx

Dear Venomland Members and Friends, Venomland is a little more than 6 years old now and by far the biggest Hot Snake community on the Planet! We want to thank all of you who made Venomland the leading Board. We are also very thankful to our Moderators and Admins for years of hard work. Now, it is time to move on. I have been thinking how to proceed and what to do with our beloved board as we reach a size, that we need to make drastic changes to secure the future of our community. As of now, Venomland is hosted by a free (well mostly free) hosting service. That was good for the first years but now we need to find a new way to run our forum. I have spend hundreds of Dollars over the years to keep Venomland up and running, and i have done so with pleasure. Now, we need your help! We need to come up with several thousand dollars for our Venomland 2.0 project, which i frankly cant pay for any longer by myself. So Venomland is asking his Friends and Members for the first time for their financial Support. Please help to keep Venomland alive, and let us move on to a new, better Portal in the Future! Every Dollar is helping us a great deal. I know, its hard times for everyone, but please spare a few Dollar for our community. If you have only 10 Dollars to spare, we are grateful, if it is more, it would be awesome. We are planning to develop a very new Venomland, with real community functions, a forum like you are already loving it and a real (online) Hot Snake Magazin. Also, there will be download areas for scientific papers, Wallpapers and more. Again folks, we can only do that if you all help. Please send me a Private Message if you want to keep Venomland alive, i will provide you with the details on how to donate Money. For now, we can accept money from creditcards via skrill (please google it, its a free service - account-details will be forwarded to you) and paypal. All the best, and for a (hopefully) nice future of our Board. Mario

Atheris nitschei babies

Go down 
+6
Andrew Hacket
Sami Heikkinen
PeterMagnusson
Eduardo Siqueira
Derek Morgan
Emilio Ramirez
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Emilio Ramirez

Male
Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2009-08-04

Atheris nitschei babies Empty
PostSubject: Atheris nitschei babies   Atheris nitschei babies Icon_minitimeThu 6 Aug - 1:31

Hello. I put some pics of my babies of atheris nitschei. They born of a WC female and I have them of newborns. They are a very good feeder, and very active and healty. I feed them with a 1 day mouse every week. One of them shed for first time and the colour change is amazing. Now is green-grey with black patters. I will put photos.
I hope you like.
Regards.
Atheris nitschei babies Ate1l
Back to top Go down
Emilio Ramirez

Male

PostSubject: Photos   Atheris nitschei babies Icon_minitimeThu 6 Aug - 1:47

Atheris nitschei babies Ate2t
Back to top Go down
Emilio Ramirez

Male

PostSubject: Re: Atheris nitschei babies   Atheris nitschei babies Icon_minitimeThu 6 Aug - 1:48

Atheris nitschei babies Ate3i
Back to top Go down
Emilio Ramirez

Male

PostSubject: Re: Atheris nitschei babies   Atheris nitschei babies Icon_minitimeThu 6 Aug - 1:50

Atheris nitschei babies Ate4
Back to top Go down
Derek Morgan
Snakemaster
Snakemaster
Derek Morgan

Male
Number of posts : 410
Registration date : 2008-05-13

PostSubject: Re: Atheris nitschei babies   Atheris nitschei babies Icon_minitimeThu 6 Aug - 1:54

Wow, those are fabulous Emilio! That is awesome that they feed so aggressively and aren't shy about it at all. I hope that they continue to do well for you and that you continue to post photos of them as they make their color change. Thanks for sharing.
Back to top Go down
http://www.arborealvipers.com
Eduardo Siqueira
Eduardo Siqueira

Male
Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2009-07-29

PostSubject: Re: Atheris nitschei babies   Atheris nitschei babies Icon_minitimeThu 6 Aug - 2:16

You got some jewels there, man!
I wish you lucky with the babies, they all look very health.
Any pictures of the mother?

cheers
Eddie
Back to top Go down
PeterMagnusson
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper

Male
Number of posts : 91
Registration date : 2009-07-12

PostSubject: Re: Atheris nitschei babies   Atheris nitschei babies Icon_minitimeThu 6 Aug - 3:32

awsome animals.

cheers Peter
Back to top Go down
Sami Heikkinen
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer
Sami Heikkinen

Male
Number of posts : 173
Registration date : 2008-11-04

PostSubject: Re: Atheris nitschei babies   Atheris nitschei babies Icon_minitimeThu 6 Aug - 16:07

Do you have any more photos of these and the adult? It looks that one of them has a stripe not zigzag pattern? The one in the middle in the last photo.
How many of them you got from the female?

Hope they grow nicely!
Back to top Go down
http://nothingtosayphoto.blogspot.com/
Andrew Hacket
Snakemaster
Snakemaster
Andrew Hacket

Male
Number of posts : 448
Registration date : 2008-04-27

PostSubject: Re: Atheris nitschei babies   Atheris nitschei babies Icon_minitimeFri 7 Aug - 5:29

Hi Emilio , Fantastico ! It Will be nice to post photos on a monthly basis , so we can all see the color change in its various stages , very interesting.
All the best with them & well done Smile

Salute
Andrew
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Atheris nitschei babies   Atheris nitschei babies Icon_minitimeFri 7 Aug - 6:24

congratulations.
Back to top Go down
Emilio Ramirez

Male

PostSubject: Re: Atheris nitschei babies   Atheris nitschei babies Icon_minitimeSat 8 Aug - 4:40

Photo after first shed
Atheris nitschei babies Img0061qlm
Back to top Go down
Radek Benda
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper
Radek Benda

Male
Number of posts : 40
Registration date : 2009-08-28

PostSubject: Re: Atheris nitschei babies   Atheris nitschei babies Icon_minitimeSat 29 Aug - 21:50

Very nice snakes and babies.Thank you for sharing this beatiful animals... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Derek Morgan
Snakemaster
Snakemaster
Derek Morgan

Male
Number of posts : 410
Registration date : 2008-05-13

PostSubject: Re: Atheris nitschei babies   Atheris nitschei babies Icon_minitimeWed 2 Sep - 20:02

Thanks for the updated pic, Emilio. I'd love to see more as they mature. I wonder why they are born so dark and drab if they are going to start changing to green so quickly in their lives. I mean, it's not like they were their drab colors long enough to have made a difference in their survival in the wild. I could see them being born dark and drab if that better suited the foliage of the flora that they hide in as young, but that doesn't seem to be the case at all. That's interesting to me.
Back to top Go down
http://www.arborealvipers.com

PostSubject: Re: Atheris nitschei babies   Atheris nitschei babies Icon_minitimeTue 8 Sep - 2:08

Great looking snappers! Good luck with them.
Back to top Go down
Christian Moisander
Snakemaster
Snakemaster
Christian Moisander

Male
Number of posts : 404
Registration date : 2008-04-27

PostSubject: Re: Atheris nitschei babies   Atheris nitschei babies Icon_minitimeSat 12 Sep - 22:34

Nice babies Emilio, congrats on such a nice bonus Smile

Derek, good 'question'... It would be interesting why the color-change takes place so fast with this species.
All I can say is that even when housed in a relatively small container with soil at the bottom, they blend in with the ground amazingly.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Atheris nitschei babies   Atheris nitschei babies Icon_minitimeSun 13 Sep - 7:33

Just one of those mysteries of nature.
Back to top Go down
Rene Schenk
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer
Rene Schenk

Male
Number of posts : 113
Registration date : 2008-11-05

PostSubject: Re: Atheris nitschei babies   Atheris nitschei babies Icon_minitimeSun 13 Dec - 17:32

Hello Emilio,
very nice animals you have. Can you post some "update" pictures as they grow.
I'm interested like many others on the forum to see how they change colors.
Thanks
Rene
Back to top Go down
Ari Finsk
Snakemaster
Snakemaster

Male
Number of posts : 266
Registration date : 2009-04-14

PostSubject: Re: Atheris nitschei babies   Atheris nitschei babies Icon_minitimeSun 13 Dec - 17:41

A huge change ... and beautiful one ...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Atheris nitschei babies   Atheris nitschei babies Icon_minitimeMon 14 Dec - 2:32

nice i like sedge vipers Cool goodluck with them
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Atheris nitschei babies   Atheris nitschei babies Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Atheris nitschei babies
Page 1 of 1