VenomLand
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please beware, to register at venomland you are requested to use your full name (first and family name) - nicknames are not allowed and will be not activated! thx

Dear Venomland Members and Friends, Venomland is a little more than 6 years old now and by far the biggest Hot Snake community on the Planet! We want to thank all of you who made Venomland the leading Board. We are also very thankful to our Moderators and Admins for years of hard work. Now, it is time to move on. I have been thinking how to proceed and what to do with our beloved board as we reach a size, that we need to make drastic changes to secure the future of our community. As of now, Venomland is hosted by a free (well mostly free) hosting service. That was good for the first years but now we need to find a new way to run our forum. I have spend hundreds of Dollars over the years to keep Venomland up and running, and i have done so with pleasure. Now, we need your help! We need to come up with several thousand dollars for our Venomland 2.0 project, which i frankly cant pay for any longer by myself. So Venomland is asking his Friends and Members for the first time for their financial Support. Please help to keep Venomland alive, and let us move on to a new, better Portal in the Future! Every Dollar is helping us a great deal. I know, its hard times for everyone, but please spare a few Dollar for our community. If you have only 10 Dollars to spare, we are grateful, if it is more, it would be awesome. We are planning to develop a very new Venomland, with real community functions, a forum like you are already loving it and a real (online) Hot Snake Magazin. Also, there will be download areas for scientific papers, Wallpapers and more. Again folks, we can only do that if you all help. Please send me a Private Message if you want to keep Venomland alive, i will provide you with the details on how to donate Money. For now, we can accept money from creditcards via skrill (please google it, its a free service - account-details will be forwarded to you) and paypal. All the best, and for a (hopefully) nice future of our Board. Mario

Naja sumatrana Pictures

Go down 
+7
Peter Zürcher
matt yuyek
Vangelis Rokkos
Jelmer Groen
Peter Pastor
Mario Lutz
Randy Ciuros
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Randy Ciuros
Serpent Chief
Serpent Chief
Randy Ciuros

Male
Number of posts : 585
Registration date : 2008-03-18

Naja sumatrana  Pictures Empty
PostSubject: Naja sumatrana Pictures   Naja sumatrana  Pictures Icon_minitimeSat 12 Apr - 3:15

Here are a few pics of a couple of my Yellow Phase Sumatran Spitters.

First 2 pics are of my original WC male
Naja sumatrana  Pictures V021_001sm
Naja sumatrana  Pictures V021_013sm

Below pic is a CB'06 male (son of above male)
Naja sumatrana  Pictures V_023
Back to top Go down
http://www.venomstreet.com
Mario Lutz
Lord of the Serpents
Lord of the Serpents
Mario Lutz

Male
Number of posts : 1416
Registration date : 2008-03-06

PostSubject: Re: Naja sumatrana Pictures   Naja sumatrana  Pictures Icon_minitimeSat 12 Apr - 10:03

cobras are ! Amazing....
what ever species it is - but this yellow N.sumatrana of yours are stunning.

lovely pics
thanks

Cheers
Mario
Back to top Go down
http://www.venomland.org
Peter Pastor
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer
Peter Pastor

Number of posts : 204
Registration date : 2008-03-08

PostSubject: Re: Naja sumatrana Pictures   Naja sumatrana  Pictures Icon_minitimeSat 12 Apr - 15:24

I agree with Mario, really amazing species... Can`t wait to have some over here as well Rolling Eyes

Good luck with laying eggs and their incubation...
Back to top Go down
Randy Ciuros
Serpent Chief
Serpent Chief
Randy Ciuros

Male

PostSubject: Re: Naja sumatrana Pictures   Naja sumatrana  Pictures Icon_minitimeSun 13 Apr - 2:24

Many Thanks

My original female is gravid and I'm expecting eggs any day now. The original male and female have spit at me many times while in their cages and it hits the glass, but I don't recall getting spit on. I've produced 7.3 babies in 2 years, and I kept 2.2. None of the babies I've produced have spit at me, but one guy who bought one said his now spits often.

The thing I really like is that they almost always stand up and hood, lunge forward and make a lot of noise. I don't understand why the original male in the above pics didn't stand up for us when we were taking pics the other day. I've had my original male since 10/30/04 and the female since 11/14/01, and they have not calmed down like most Cobras I've had.

I only knew of 1.3 Yellow Phase Sumatrans that were in America, and I had 1.1. I've never seen or heard about any others. A year ago, I was told by a couple people that several have been brought into America, but I've been looking for them since I got my female, and no one seems to have any. I believe they were all WC specimens that were brought in, so maybe they didn't live. Though mine are very hardy animals and easy to breed. They don't lay very many eggs though. The babies are about 10" long when they hatch, and the ones I have produced, have all eaten F/T large mouse pinks right after their first shed. I've had one problem feeder, and he wasn't that bad.

I'll post pics when I get eggs. Hopefully that will be soon.

Randy
Back to top Go down
Jelmer Groen
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer

Male
Number of posts : 108
Registration date : 2008-04-04

PostSubject: Re: Naja sumatrana Pictures   Naja sumatrana  Pictures Icon_minitimeSun 13 Apr - 2:58

Really nice Randy!

It's the same over here when it comes to purchasing Naja sumatrana. Also sometimes it's not Naja sumatrana but Naja sputatrix.

Cheers,

Jelmer
Back to top Go down
http://www.snakesofasia.nl
Randy Ciuros
Serpent Chief
Serpent Chief
Randy Ciuros

Male

PostSubject: Re: Naja sumatrana Pictures   Naja sumatrana  Pictures Icon_minitimeSun 13 Apr - 14:22

Thanks Jelmer

Several years ago, a place here in Florida, not the biggest dealer, but whom you've probably heard of, sold me a pair of Black Phase N. sumatrana. They were beautiful, and cheap. The cheap part should have told me something was wrong, but I figured they knew what they were selling. Anyway, 2 years ago I bred them and all the babies had spectacle or abberant spectacle hood markings. Sumatrana never has hood markings according to WW's site. I did the scale counts on the adults at their next shed, and they proved to be black phase N. siamensis.

I purchased a pair of brown colored "Thai Spitters" from another, bigger and more well known dealer in America. After they described them to me, I asked, and I was told they were definitely NOT sputatrix. I paid twice what N. sputatrix were going for and guess what? They definitely WERE sputatrix. When I told them about the scale counts proving them to be sputatrix, he said, "wow, really" and that was it. Didn't even offer to give me a discount on a future purchase. Needless to say, I have never purchased from them since.

It's amazing to me that people can sell snakes, especially venomous, and not know or care what they are selling. It's gotten to the point where I won't buy anything sight unseen, unless I'm buying from a very good friend.
Back to top Go down
Mario Lutz
Lord of the Serpents
Lord of the Serpents
Mario Lutz

Male

PostSubject: Re: Naja sumatrana Pictures   Naja sumatrana  Pictures Icon_minitimeSun 13 Apr - 19:04

Randy Ciuros wrote:

It's amazing to me that people can sell snakes, especially venomous, and not know or care what they are selling. It's gotten to the point where I won't buy anything sight unseen, unless I'm buying from a very good friend.

actually, thats very bad - imagine, somebody take a bite and the hospital treat them with the wrong antidote, huh?
nothing worse could happen. its a shame and it is nearly a criminal act (at least it should prosecute as such!) if something like this would happen...

cheers
Mario
Back to top Go down
Jelmer Groen
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer

Male
Number of posts : 108
Registration date : 2008-04-04

PostSubject: Re: Naja sumatrana Pictures   Naja sumatrana  Pictures Icon_minitimeSun 13 Apr - 20:59

Randy Ciuros wrote:
Thanks Jelmer

Several years ago, a place here in Florida, not the biggest dealer, but whom you've probably heard of, sold me a pair of Black Phase N. sumatrana. They were beautiful, and cheap. The cheap part should have told me something was wrong, but I figured they knew what they were selling. Anyway, 2 years ago I bred them and all the babies had spectacle or abberant spectacle hood markings. Sumatrana never has hood markings according to WW's site. I did the scale counts on the adults at their next shed, and they proved to be black phase N. siamensis.

I purchased a pair of brown colored "Thai Spitters" from another, bigger and more well known dealer in America. After they described them to me, I asked, and I was told they were definitely NOT sputatrix. I paid twice what N. sputatrix were going for and guess what? They definitely WERE sputatrix. When I told them about the scale counts proving them to be sputatrix, he said, "wow, really" and that was it. Didn't even offer to give me a discount on a future purchase. Needless to say, I have never purchased from them since.

It's unbelievable indeed....it spits, it's yellowish, so it's sumatrana...that's what some people seem to think.

Jelmer
Back to top Go down
http://www.snakesofasia.nl
Randy Ciuros
Serpent Chief
Serpent Chief
Randy Ciuros

Male

PostSubject: Re: Naja sumatrana Pictures   Naja sumatrana  Pictures Icon_minitimeFri 18 Apr - 16:31

Happy Days Mario!!! Finally the Yellow Sumatran laid her eggs. I stayed up to make sure I got them as soon as she was done. It's now 3:20am. I tried to take a pic of her on the eggs, but she is such a psycho, that as soon as I opened the laying box, she stood up, and was lunging at me, so I had to just take her off the eggs before she disturbed them too much. I candled the ones she knocked around, to make sure I placed them in the vermiculite right side up.

She laid 7 eggs 2006, 5 eggs in 2007, and now 6 eggs in 2008. One egg didn't hatch in 2006, and one didn't hatch in 2007. Hopefully they will all hatch this year. They are 2 1/2" to almost 3" long. Big eggs for such a small snake.

Naja sumatrana  Pictures 04_18_08_Sumatran
Back to top Go down
Vangelis Rokkos
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper
Vangelis Rokkos

Male
Number of posts : 59
Registration date : 2008-03-16

PostSubject: Re: Naja sumatrana Pictures   Naja sumatrana  Pictures Icon_minitimeFri 18 Apr - 17:11

Best wishes for the incubation!!!

Regards
Vangelis
Back to top Go down
Mario Lutz
Lord of the Serpents
Lord of the Serpents
Mario Lutz

Male

PostSubject: Re: Naja sumatrana Pictures   Naja sumatrana  Pictures Icon_minitimeFri 18 Apr - 17:29

wow, wow, wow - awesome! cheers cheers

lets incubate them a bit cooler as we talked about it before... i sure cross my fingers man!
what a nice picture... the white gold nuggets!

cheers
Mario
Back to top Go down
matt yuyek
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper
matt yuyek

Male
Number of posts : 61
Registration date : 2008-04-01

PostSubject: Re: Naja sumatrana Pictures   Naja sumatrana  Pictures Icon_minitimeFri 18 Apr - 18:23

Randy,

Congratulations to your N. sumatrana eggs!

matt
Back to top Go down
http://www.herpaworld.com
Peter Zürcher
Admin
Admin
Peter Zürcher

Male
Number of posts : 1266

PostSubject: Re: Naja sumatrana Pictures   Naja sumatrana  Pictures Icon_minitimeFri 18 Apr - 19:19

Congratulations, Randy
These cobras are on top of my list.
Wish you all the best.
Peter
Back to top Go down
http://www.reptilienzoonockalm.at
Randy Ciuros
Serpent Chief
Serpent Chief
Randy Ciuros

Male

PostSubject: Re: Naja sumatrana Pictures   Naja sumatrana  Pictures Icon_minitimeSat 19 Apr - 0:05

Thanks everyone. Dont worry Mario, since my eggs hatched in 2006, I've been keeping and breeding my snakes at those cooler temps, and incubating the eggs at the cooler temps like we talked about.

For everyone else who may be wondering what we talked about, I'll start a new thread, in the "Naja" section, because this subject is about temps during the year, during copulation, during egg formation in the female, as well as incubation temps in Naja species. I'll call it "Temperature Sex Determination in Naja". I believe it is called TSD when talking about turtles, and lizards.
Back to top Go down
Peter Pastor
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer
Peter Pastor

PostSubject: Re: Naja sumatrana Pictures   Naja sumatrana  Pictures Icon_minitimeSat 19 Apr - 3:18

Hi Randy,

huge congratulation from me!!! I was hoping in more eggs, but this quantity is surely nice too. Hope they are hatch (and we can split them with Mario Embarassed Wink
Can`t wait for it bounce clown

Best regards,
Peter P.
Back to top Go down
Henning Vehmeier

Male
Number of posts : 38
Registration date : 2008-03-27

PostSubject: Re: Naja sumatrana Pictures   Naja sumatrana  Pictures Icon_minitimeSat 19 Apr - 7:43

Congratulations, Randy

Wish you all the best.

Regards

Henning
Back to top Go down
http://www.schlegelii.de.vu
Tomas Bublik
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper
Tomas Bublik

Male
Number of posts : 66
Registration date : 2008-05-10

PostSubject: Re: Naja sumatrana Pictures   Naja sumatrana  Pictures Icon_minitimeTue 20 May - 3:28

Naja sumatrana  Pictures Dsc_0210

I´m not very experienced in kobras and never kept them at home,but would like to share this picture with you.I caught this big black specimen of Naja sumatrana two weeks ago in Borneo,Poring Hot Springs.

Naja sumatrana  Pictures Dsc_0211

this small baby of sumatran kobra killed a NP staff near of my bungalow IN THE NP!!! Mad When I asked them for a reason they were very surprised........
Back to top Go down
Guenter Leitenbauer
Lord of the Serpents
Lord of the Serpents
Guenter Leitenbauer

Male
Number of posts : 1389
Registration date : 2008-05-17

PostSubject: Re: Naja sumatrana Pictures   Naja sumatrana  Pictures Icon_minitimeTue 20 May - 3:45

Excuse me ... what does "NP" mean here?
Back to top Go down
http://www.leitenbauer.net
Peter Pastor
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer
Peter Pastor

PostSubject: Re: Naja sumatrana Pictures   Naja sumatrana  Pictures Icon_minitimeTue 20 May - 14:49

I think NP means National Park.... Wink
Back to top Go down
Randy Ciuros
Serpent Chief
Serpent Chief
Randy Ciuros

Male

PostSubject: Re: Naja sumatrana Pictures   Naja sumatrana  Pictures Icon_minitimeSat 5 Jul - 19:22

Here ya go Mario. I took a new picture this morning. 3 of 6 have pipped.

Naja sumatrana  Pictures Sumatrans03

Here are a couple pics of last years babies, so you can see what they look like out of the egg.

Naja sumatrana  Pictures YF01

Naja sumatrana  Pictures YM02
Back to top Go down
Randy Ciuros
Serpent Chief
Serpent Chief
Randy Ciuros

Male

PostSubject: Re: Naja sumatrana Pictures   Naja sumatrana  Pictures Icon_minitimeSun 6 Jul - 4:19

Here are pics of the first hatchling out of the egg today, July 5th.

Naja sumatrana  Pictures 1stOut01

Naja sumatrana  Pictures 1stOut04

Naja sumatrana  Pictures 1stOut02
Back to top Go down
Peter Pastor
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer
Peter Pastor

PostSubject: Re: Naja sumatrana Pictures   Naja sumatrana  Pictures Icon_minitimeSun 6 Jul - 4:25

Amazing, it looks very nice... I keep my fingers crossed for hatching of all 6 of them...

Best regards,
Peter P.
Back to top Go down
Randy Ciuros
Serpent Chief
Serpent Chief
Randy Ciuros

Male

PostSubject: Re: Naja sumatrana Pictures   Naja sumatrana  Pictures Icon_minitimeSun 6 Jul - 5:08

One is out of the egg, 4 more have pipped, so only one egg left to pip. Last year I got 5 eggs and 4 hatched, the year before, I got 7 eggs and 6 hatched. The 6th egg this year looks real good, so I think all 6 may hatch this year.
Back to top Go down
Mario Lutz
Lord of the Serpents
Lord of the Serpents
Mario Lutz

Male

PostSubject: Re: Naja sumatrana Pictures   Naja sumatrana  Pictures Icon_minitimeSun 6 Jul - 10:38

wow, wow, wow -

congratulations Randy! cute little buggers you got there!
i hope all 6 will hatch and i certainly hope the sex ratio is good too...

cant wait man!

cheers
Mario
Back to top Go down
Randy Ciuros
Serpent Chief
Serpent Chief
Randy Ciuros

Male

PostSubject: Re: Naja sumatrana Pictures   Naja sumatrana  Pictures Icon_minitimeMon 7 Jul - 0:04

5 are out of the egg, and the 6th pipped yesterday, so all 6 will hatch this year.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Naja sumatrana Pictures   Naja sumatrana  Pictures Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Naja sumatrana Pictures
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next