VenomLand
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please beware, to register at venomland you are requested to use your full name (first and family name) - nicknames are not allowed and will be not activated! thx

Dear Venomland Members and Friends, Venomland is a little more than 6 years old now and by far the biggest Hot Snake community on the Planet! We want to thank all of you who made Venomland the leading Board. We are also very thankful to our Moderators and Admins for years of hard work. Now, it is time to move on. I have been thinking how to proceed and what to do with our beloved board as we reach a size, that we need to make drastic changes to secure the future of our community. As of now, Venomland is hosted by a free (well mostly free) hosting service. That was good for the first years but now we need to find a new way to run our forum. I have spend hundreds of Dollars over the years to keep Venomland up and running, and i have done so with pleasure. Now, we need your help! We need to come up with several thousand dollars for our Venomland 2.0 project, which i frankly cant pay for any longer by myself. So Venomland is asking his Friends and Members for the first time for their financial Support. Please help to keep Venomland alive, and let us move on to a new, better Portal in the Future! Every Dollar is helping us a great deal. I know, its hard times for everyone, but please spare a few Dollar for our community. If you have only 10 Dollars to spare, we are grateful, if it is more, it would be awesome. We are planning to develop a very new Venomland, with real community functions, a forum like you are already loving it and a real (online) Hot Snake Magazin. Also, there will be download areas for scientific papers, Wallpapers and more. Again folks, we can only do that if you all help. Please send me a Private Message if you want to keep Venomland alive, i will provide you with the details on how to donate Money. For now, we can accept money from creditcards via skrill (please google it, its a free service - account-details will be forwarded to you) and paypal. All the best, and for a (hopefully) nice future of our Board. Mario

Lachesis stenophrys husbandry

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Andrew Hacket
Snakemaster
Snakemaster
Andrew Hacket

Male
Number of posts : 448
Registration date : 2008-04-27

Lachesis stenophrys husbandry Empty
PostSubject: Lachesis stenophrys husbandry   Lachesis stenophrys husbandry Icon_minitimeWed 17 Feb - 2:12

Hello Venomland , Last week I received my L.stenophrys , They are such amazing animals to observe in real life !!

I have a few concerns ...

In Durban it is summer and at day time temperatures are 28 - 31'c night 26 - 28'c , will this be ok
for them for a short period ?
In the day time I have a fan that blows a breeze to keep the enclosure with fresh moving air..
They are both eating well (how often is it good to offer food items ?)

I cannot find any informations on keeping this animals well , I have placed order for
Ripa's book but it will take some time to arrive..

Does any members have brief husbandry informations to help me with ?

Here are the pictures !!

Many thanks
Andrew

Lachesis stenophrys husbandry IMG_7469
Lachesis stenophrys husbandry IMG_7472
Lachesis stenophrys husbandry IMG_7406
Back to top Go down
Jaroslav Karhánek
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer
Jaroslav Karhánek

Male
Number of posts : 213
Registration date : 2009-04-14

PostSubject: Re: Lachesis stenophrys husbandry   Lachesis stenophrys husbandry Icon_minitimeWed 17 Feb - 3:05

Hi, firstly big congratulation, they are amazing:) How many of them you have?

And I think that I can´t help you because I´m not sure if I can give you correct advice. But I think that the temperature is high but if it will be for the short period there will be no problem I hope.
But try to write D.Ripa I think that he answer on your question (he answered me many times).
and sorry for my english;)
Back to top Go down
http://www.bushmaster.estranky.cz/
Andrew Hacket
Snakemaster
Snakemaster
Andrew Hacket

Male

PostSubject: Re: Lachesis stenophrys husbandry   Lachesis stenophrys husbandry Icon_minitimeWed 17 Feb - 7:20

I think we need cooler evening temperatures , the weather for limon on sunday

Sunday
Feb 21 Partly Cloudy
Hi: 30° Lo: 22°

Partly cloudy skies. High 31C and low 22C. Air Quality: NA, UV Index: NA
Back to top Go down
Andrew Hacket
Snakemaster
Snakemaster
Andrew Hacket

Male

PostSubject: Re: Lachesis stenophrys husbandry   Lachesis stenophrys husbandry Icon_minitimeWed 17 Feb - 7:23

It is looking ok for durban this week , very similar to costa rica , I think we be ok

Five-day forecast (Details)
Tomorrow
18 FebPartly Cloudy
Friday
19 FebFair
Saturday
20 FebFair
Sunday
21 FebClear
Monday
22 FebT-storms
Hi: 27°
Lo: 18°
Hi: 29°
Lo: 20°
Hi: 29°
Lo: 21°
Hi: 32°
Lo: 21°
Hi: 30°
Lo: 22°
Back to top Go down
jean-henri pastore
Snakemaster
Snakemaster

Male
Number of posts : 340
Registration date : 2009-11-13

PostSubject: Re: Lachesis stenophrys husbandry   Lachesis stenophrys husbandry Icon_minitimeWed 17 Feb - 20:27

hello Andrew,

i think the best to breed steno is like that:
hignt temp on day: 26/28
low temp on day: 22

and for the nigt: i think 20 is a good midle for this species......
this snake need some différents Hiding places, also Wet and dry, he wil choose himself...
also you must Pulverized the floor 2 /week.

For the food, feed 1 time all the 15 days.....The digestion is rather slow...

congratulations!!!!

Jean.
Back to top Go down
Andrew Hacket
Snakemaster
Snakemaster
Andrew Hacket

Male

PostSubject: Re: Lachesis stenophrys husbandry   Lachesis stenophrys husbandry Icon_minitimeThu 18 Feb - 3:06

Perfect Jean , that information is very helpful especially the feeding frequency, I also received the German Publication by Andreas Hohmeister from a member which I translated via the internet and it is making sense.

Thanks to all.

Andrew
Back to top Go down
jean-henri pastore
Snakemaster
Snakemaster

Male
Number of posts : 340
Registration date : 2009-11-13

PostSubject: Re: Lachesis stenophrys husbandry   Lachesis stenophrys husbandry Icon_minitimeThu 18 Feb - 3:10

yes, i know Andreas , i have his publication.
you will see aproximately the same thing in. Razz

Jean.
Back to top Go down
Brett Franklin
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer
Brett Franklin

Male
Number of posts : 118
Registration date : 2009-07-15

PostSubject: Re: Lachesis stenophrys husbandry   Lachesis stenophrys husbandry Icon_minitimeMon 21 Jun - 23:37

Nice Andrew. I see you have a pair for sale on your site? Are these them and if so are they still avail?

Cheers.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lachesis stenophrys husbandry   Lachesis stenophrys husbandry Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Lachesis stenophrys husbandry
Page 1 of 1