VenomLand
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please beware, to register at venomland you are requested to use your full name (first and family name) - nicknames are not allowed and will be not activated! thx

Dear Venomland Members and Friends, Venomland is a little more than 6 years old now and by far the biggest Hot Snake community on the Planet! We want to thank all of you who made Venomland the leading Board. We are also very thankful to our Moderators and Admins for years of hard work. Now, it is time to move on. I have been thinking how to proceed and what to do with our beloved board as we reach a size, that we need to make drastic changes to secure the future of our community. As of now, Venomland is hosted by a free (well mostly free) hosting service. That was good for the first years but now we need to find a new way to run our forum. I have spend hundreds of Dollars over the years to keep Venomland up and running, and i have done so with pleasure. Now, we need your help! We need to come up with several thousand dollars for our Venomland 2.0 project, which i frankly cant pay for any longer by myself. So Venomland is asking his Friends and Members for the first time for their financial Support. Please help to keep Venomland alive, and let us move on to a new, better Portal in the Future! Every Dollar is helping us a great deal. I know, its hard times for everyone, but please spare a few Dollar for our community. If you have only 10 Dollars to spare, we are grateful, if it is more, it would be awesome. We are planning to develop a very new Venomland, with real community functions, a forum like you are already loving it and a real (online) Hot Snake Magazin. Also, there will be download areas for scientific papers, Wallpapers and more. Again folks, we can only do that if you all help. Please send me a Private Message if you want to keep Venomland alive, i will provide you with the details on how to donate Money. For now, we can accept money from creditcards via skrill (please google it, its a free service - account-details will be forwarded to you) and paypal. All the best, and for a (hopefully) nice future of our Board. Mario

VENOMLAND MEMBER SMUGGLER?

Go down 
5 posters

what the member here suggest?
ban this guy
VENOMLAND MEMBER SMUGGLER? Vote_lcap34%VENOMLAND MEMBER SMUGGLER? Vote_rcap
 34% [ 12 ]
give him a chance to explain himself
VENOMLAND MEMBER SMUGGLER? Vote_lcap29%VENOMLAND MEMBER SMUGGLER? Vote_rcap
 29% [ 10 ]
shoot him
VENOMLAND MEMBER SMUGGLER? Vote_lcap37%VENOMLAND MEMBER SMUGGLER? Vote_rcap
 37% [ 13 ]
i dont know
VENOMLAND MEMBER SMUGGLER? Vote_lcap0%VENOMLAND MEMBER SMUGGLER? Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
its cool, he is only doing business and anyway, thats only snakes man
VENOMLAND MEMBER SMUGGLER? Vote_lcap0%VENOMLAND MEMBER SMUGGLER? Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 35

AuthorMessage
Mario Lutz
Lord of the Serpents
Lord of the Serpents
Mario Lutz

Male
Number of posts : 1416
Registration date : 2008-03-06

VENOMLAND MEMBER SMUGGLER? Empty
PostSubject: VENOMLAND MEMBER SMUGGLER?   VENOMLAND MEMBER SMUGGLER? Icon_minitimeSun 13 Apr - 23:19

disturbing news,

today i found the following add at www.terraristik.com

i have received other informations about our member Chunhei Kwok is "importing" snakes from the philippines on an regular base, he even claims he is a friend of mine and the snakes where from my breeding. besides, without proper papers there will be no legal and proper shipment out of the country. at least, it is animal cruelty if snakes will be transported in luggage or via mail. (we have statements, he also mailed animals with normal mail service!)

clear is: he offered on march 6, 2008 Tropidolaemus subannulatus at this austrian server, see screen-print below.

VENOMLAND MEMBER SMUGGLER? Anzeig10
the offer at Terraristik.com

VENOMLAND MEMBER SMUGGLER? Email10
the details to the seller (just google up the email address, and you find the real name)

clear is: exporting wildlife from the philippines is a crime without proper export permits. and export permits only will be granted if the animals came from, 1.) captive breeding facilities, 2.) from a wildlife farm permit holder 3.) if shipped by following IATA standards and finally 4.) if transport permits from DENR, CENRO, PENRO or/and PAWB are secured, veterinarian certifications are granted and an export permit from BAI (Bureau of Animal Industry) is secured.

unclear is: how did he get this animals out from the Philippines and what did he has to say..

its up to you Chunhei, can you show us here some legal documents (which i draught, coz i am the only legal source for this animals here) or what do you have to say?

i post this publicly because you also offer your animals in public.

sad man, real sad!
Back to top Go down
http://www.venomland.org
Peter Zürcher
Admin
Admin
Peter Zürcher

Male
Number of posts : 1266

PostSubject: Re: VENOMLAND MEMBER SMUGGLER?   VENOMLAND MEMBER SMUGGLER? Icon_minitimeSun 13 Apr - 23:52

There's another add from July 2007, where Tropidolaemus "wagleri" from Negros and Palawan have been offered for sale.
No doubt at all, illegal !
We're waiting for your statement, Mr. Kwok!

Regards
Peter
Back to top Go down
http://www.reptilienzoonockalm.at
Jörg Porstmann
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer

Male
Number of posts : 243

PostSubject: Re: VENOMLAND MEMBER SMUGGLER?   VENOMLAND MEMBER SMUGGLER? Icon_minitimeMon 14 Apr - 0:03

Except of the fact that such kind of guys harm the nature in an unacceptable way -
Every guy who keeps snakes legaly, who pay a lot of money for babies, raise them, trying to breed, invest a lot of work ... should feel pissed of. Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
http://www.pit-viper.de
Mario Lutz
Lord of the Serpents
Lord of the Serpents
Mario Lutz

Male

PostSubject: Re: VENOMLAND MEMBER SMUGGLER?   VENOMLAND MEMBER SMUGGLER? Icon_minitimeMon 14 Apr - 0:50

lets see what Mr. Kwok has to say...

i wrote him an PM and informed him about this posting here, so he has a chance to explain this whole matter...

cheers
Mario
Back to top Go down
Wolfgang Wüster
Systematicus
Systematicus

Number of posts : 273
Registration date : 2008-03-12

PostSubject: Re: VENOMLAND MEMBER SMUGGLER?   VENOMLAND MEMBER SMUGGLER? Icon_minitimeMon 14 Apr - 3:09

T. subannulatus could presumably have come from Borneo/Kalimantan - but of course if he says his are from Negros and Palawan, that alibi becomes a little unconvincing....
Back to top Go down
http://www.bangor.ac.uk/~bss166/

PostSubject: Re: VENOMLAND MEMBER SMUGGLER?   VENOMLAND MEMBER SMUGGLER? Icon_minitimeMon 14 Apr - 6:07

Mr. Detective Lutz,

Where did you get the "solid info" about I am a smuggler?
Actually, I don't want to explain it. However, your misleading information makes me not happy...
First, I didn't tell anybody that I am your friend...actually, I knew you 2 yrs ago through MSN but I only asked you questions about T.wagleri in philippines...
Second, I did not say my snakes were come from your "breeding project"
Third, I DID NOT import the snakes in Philippines directly. I bought the snakes in HK shop and I can say I did not break any LAWs in Hong Kong. T. subannulatus is not in CITIES and it's not protected in the HK ordinance.
Forth, In the ad. from Terraristik.com, Did I say I ship the snakes in postal service? Did I say I sell only in Europe?
Fifth, in HK, we can export the animals legally from air cargo. The business permit is easy to get, only 200euros annually. After you got the business permit, then you can apply the export permit for shipment. The department do not need the export permit from the orgin as the permit is only under HK ordinacne.

Finally,you can check (I assume you have the power) that any european buy/ do the trade from me, please show me the evidence.

Yes, maybe you're right, you're the only LEGAL source that export from Philippines. You can say I am illegal to do this ethically but not illegal in legislative system.

It's sad that this species seems to be "patent" from you.... and now you defence it and eliminate all of the hobbists and dealers whom were not from your source....
Back to top Go down
Mario Lutz
Lord of the Serpents
Lord of the Serpents
Mario Lutz

Male

PostSubject: Re: VENOMLAND MEMBER SMUGGLER?   VENOMLAND MEMBER SMUGGLER? Icon_minitimeMon 14 Apr - 10:29

Chunhei Kwok wrote:
Mr. Detective Lutz,

Where did you get the "solid info" about I am a smuggler?

i dont have any information about, if you are a smuggler, or not (thats why the question mark), but if something like this is coming up, i will ask you. if you answer - thats up to you.

Chunhei Kwok wrote:
I don't want to explain it. However, your misleading information makes me not happy...
First, I didn't tell anybody that I am your friend...actually, I knew you 2 yrs ago through MSN but I only asked you questions about T.wagleri in philippines...

Second, I did not say my snakes were come from your "breeding project"

ill understand if your unhappy with this situation, i would be unhappy as well, hell i would!
let me see, if the source of it will post somethings to the other part or not, but this is not the Point Hei, the point is: i receive many times animals from miss lucked exportations from the philippines. and i am sick of it, sick to my stomach to see all this deat and nerly death animals unprofessionally packed up, coz it is illegal to export wildlife in the Philippines! that illegal wildlife trading has to stop!

Chunhei Kwok wrote:
I DID NOT import the snakes in Philippines directly. I bought the snakes in HK shop and I can say I did not break any LAWs in Hong Kong. T. subannulatus is not in CITIES and it's not protected in the HK ordinance.

thats the same answer i always get from everybody, i am not satisfied with it! folks in the USA keep telling me their Varanus olivaceus was purchased legally coz the aniamals have CITES papers from Malaysia so they buy them, even they do know the papers are a farce - but in their countries - they dont breaking any law, or their Parias mcgregori are non Cites animals and therefore legal in Europe. in fact, its a violation of the PHILIPPINE WILDLIFE REPUBLIC ACT NO. 9147. and several more and it is fined with minimum of 6 years imprisonment! in my understanding, it is wildlife crime, and many guys all over the world see it the same way.

anyway, you claim you bye your animals from a pet shop in Hong Kong, so you are NOT AN SMUGGLER ! fine the question is answered!
but are´nt you supporting the illegal pet trade, since years? you know exactly the animals been shipped out illegally, i told you this before! and because you try to sale them in Europe or anywhere else makes it worse, claiming the animals where legal because you dont break any law yourself!

what kind of guy are you? are you really an hobbyist who loves his animals? or are you an business maker, dont care how many of the animals you try to sale lost their lives, even before they arrive at this pet store you buy them from?

if you are one of the good guys (and no others are members here!) help us to whip this illegal business out. give me the contact informations from the pet store, let me have further investigations done so we all can stop this shit together!

Chunhei Kwok wrote:
Forth, In the ad. from Terraristik.com, Did I say I ship the snakes in postal service? Did I say I sell only in Europe?
Fifth, in HK, we can export the animals legally from air cargo. The business permit is easy to get, only 200euros annually. After you got the business permit, then you can apply the export permit for shipment. The department do not need the export permit from the orgin as the permit is only under HK ordinacne.

also this is not the point Hei, the point can be found above. snakes are not supposed to be exported in the philippines. therefore you only can smuggle them out of the country, in luggage via mail service or, even worse: on boat, for weeks without professional handling! more than 85% of the so transported animals will die or are death already before they even reach their destinations. most of them die already here in the philippines before even been packed. i have seen hundreds of death snakes in coke bottles, nets and gasoline canister within the last recent years. it does not make it any better if you state it is legal in hong kong! you know better and you should stop supporting the illegal trade by buying this animals!

Chunhei Kwok wrote:
Yes, maybe you're right, you're the only LEGAL source that export from Philippines. You can say I am illegal to do this ethically but not illegal in legislative system.

It's sad that this species seems to be "patent" from you.... and now you defence it and eliminate all of the hobbists and dealers whom were not from your source....

its just sad that you see it this way Hei - if you are really and animal lover, you should see it from a different angle..
my posting was not about judging you, my posting is about to discuss this topic and make somethings clear! its also not about "protecting my own business as you wright in your msn, i dont have a "animal business" - except you call an wildlife rescue center and zoological institute this way. it is about protecting the animals! nothing less. and you can help - active help this will be maybe more rewarding to you guys than selling them. try it!

i hope, you think about this, and i also hope you will come to the conclusion to stop buying illegal purchased animals, for the sake of them - not for me!

cheers
Mario

an link to the THE PHILIPPINE WILDLIFE REPUBLIC ACT

VENOMLAND MEMBER SMUGGLER? _4233910
and this is how it look like, the "nice guy trade" in the philippines

the picture has been taken 2006 at the international airport in manila, also this snakes was brought to my place, 60% where death upon their arrival here! (what quality animals are you expecting in your terrarium? snakes, transported this way?) of corse, nobody of this so called "Hobbyist" show you this photos, you only see the "then legal survivors" sitting in any Terrarium, in any pet store in Hong Kong, or somwhere in the world! by the way, this illegal shipment also includes CITES ANIMALS like Naja samarensis, Naja philippinensis, Varanus cumingi, somebody else was worrying i might have a "Patent" of philippine Reptiles! what a nice way to change this!

Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Mario Lutz
Lord of the Serpents
Lord of the Serpents
Mario Lutz

Male

PostSubject: Me, making friends again!   VENOMLAND MEMBER SMUGGLER? Icon_minitimeMon 14 Apr - 13:55

i forgot somethings:

pay 200 bucks for an business permit in hong kong and you break every ethically code in the world, even support crimes in foreign countries would be legal by magic!

Chunhei Kwok wrote:
sad that this species seems to be "patent" from you.... and now you defence it and eliminate all of the hobbists and dealers whom were not from your source....

and yes, you are damn right, i am protecting and defending this animals and their natural habitats. you bet i do, i have and i always will!

eliminating Hobbyists? nope, coz in my eyes are hobbyists caring peoples, folks who support and protect animals they care for. even if its not popular!

eliminating dealers? only the guys who dont give a damn, the dealer who deal with endangered and protected species, illegal animals and focusing only their cash-flows! yes, i do fight against such guys! i am working very hard on it to discover them, and have them prosecuted if possible, even in their home countries!

you ask peoples like Peter Zürcher, Peter Pastor, Marc Jäger, Jörg Portsmann, Christoph Rothenbühler, Nicolas Vidal, Gernot Vogel, Patrik Mattsson, Christian Chudoba, Gavin Carpenter, Karsten Hoer, Carsten Frömberg or Robert Meidinger, all guys was waiting for a long time to get their hands on legal animals from the Philippines. all this guys are working hard to breed the species they have from us, some of them since years! Peter had breed already Naja samarensis, Naja philippinensis successful in Captivity, Jörg has eggs from Parias flavomaculatus and so on. it would be much easier for them to just buy some illegal animals, they are cheaper - easier to get. so ask them why they was waiting so long to have legal and healthy animals? guess what they think about guys who just selling their cheap and illegal animals?

or ask the guys like Matt Yuyek, Benjamin Lutz, Patrik Mattsson, Marc Cox, guy´s who work or worked here in the Philippines to protect wildlife, and achieved some of the most successful conservation breeding programs for reptilians you can find today. ask them what they think about your activities!

yes, i also protecting this peoples, who has become friends over the years, supporting the fight against illegal trade.

i think you clearly can see, you are not fit into this group here at all. your statements show clearly that you dont care. you only care if you can be caught in Hong Kong or not. let me tell you, if you come to the Philippines, we watch your luggage here very well!

your account has been terminated, this board is called Reptileman´s VenomLand - and i want this board to be a platform for the good boy´s, the real interested peoples on herpetology, biology and conservation. every hobbyist is warmed welcome her, but not folks like you!

have a wonderful time somewhere else in the web!

Cheers
Mario
Back to top Go down
Randy Ciuros
Serpent Chief
Serpent Chief
Randy Ciuros

Male
Number of posts : 585
Registration date : 2008-03-18

PostSubject: Re: VENOMLAND MEMBER SMUGGLER?   VENOMLAND MEMBER SMUGGLER? Icon_minitimeTue 15 Apr - 5:07

Mario,

That picture of snakes in bottles makes me sick. But, people need to see the horrors that animals go through.

Just because an animal is legal in Country "A" after it is illegally smuggled out of Country "B", that doesn't mean the people buying those animals to sell in their stores are innocent. They are just as guilty in my eyes. As you stated, they are at least guilty of supporting the smuggling. If there wasn't a market for illegal animals, people wouldn't be trying to smuggle them out. So people who buy these animals, knowing they are illegal or not are still guilty of supporting the illegal pet trade. I vote we pass a law that allows the guilty party to be tortured to death for smuggling.

Randy
Back to top Go down
http://www.venomstreet.com
Mario Lutz
Lord of the Serpents
Lord of the Serpents
Mario Lutz

Male

PostSubject: Re: VENOMLAND MEMBER SMUGGLER?   VENOMLAND MEMBER SMUGGLER? Icon_minitimeTue 15 Apr - 15:11

Randy,

exactly - thats the point!

dont get me wrong guys, years back, i have brought snakes from thailand, also in my luggage home. if i have done it, than one pair or somethings, never in numbers to get my money for the trip back. thats not an excuse, i have done wrong! i know that today, it is just picture like the "bottle snakes" and hundred of death and injured animals i have seen in the last recent years.

you say the pictures makes you sick? you should experience it live, the death animals, the custom guys in asia who laugh about it, the smell who comes out of this boxes, luggage and so on... if this is not changing you, what else could? you are right Randy if there is no marked and nobody who buy them - there would be no illegal trade and not so much animals need to suffer! the point is, by giving money for this animals we only mislead this guys, nice business they would say and they will go back in the forest to pick up some more.... i would, if i where pure like them!

many times locals come and try to sale animals to us, i send them away, always! they ask me "what i am going to do now with this deer, snake, wild boar ?" eat it, release it or leave it with us, we will take care of it is the only answer we have for them. no money - no business!

besides, everybody tell me Tropidolaemus cant be kept in captivity. what is it you expect if they been transported like the animals, seen on the picture?

it just makes no sense, 100 snakes lost their lives for 3 to survive? and 3 survive for punks who have only money in their minds. i have sympathy for all guys who try to help to stop activities like that. i understand folks who collect one pair snakes in the wilderness and bring them home, i have no understanding whatsoever for freaks who make a living with the suffer and torture of this pure creatures.

i really hope Hei will understand this once and get back on track - for the love of this animals! for their survival in their natural habitats! for beauty of nature, who will be very sad if we keep loosing our animals, all around the world!

cheers
Back to top Go down
Mario Lutz
Lord of the Serpents
Lord of the Serpents
Mario Lutz

Male

PostSubject: Re: VENOMLAND MEMBER SMUGGLER?   VENOMLAND MEMBER SMUGGLER? Icon_minitimeWed 16 Apr - 4:54

just to let you guys know what we have lost in this certain guys here, and just to give you the information about their reactions after being banned here i will post some statements. both guys, Chunhei Kwok and Toni Ngai, both from Honk Kong added follow lines to their msn profile online, for everybody to see:

Toni Ngai, Hong Kong reacts with this lovely words:

"Mario Lutz is a mother **** sucker , just a busniess man but talk rescue wildlife??? suck! rescare but sale WC animals????!! "

Chunhei Kwok (earthtiger), Hong Kong loves to say this at his msn about me:

VENOMLAND MEMBER SMUGGLER? Snapsh10

well, i think we where just right to keep this guys away here! dont you think so?

cheers
Mario
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: VENOMLAND MEMBER SMUGGLER?   VENOMLAND MEMBER SMUGGLER? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

VENOMLAND MEMBER SMUGGLER?
Page 1 of 1