VenomLand
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please beware, to register at venomland you are requested to use your full name (first and family name) - nicknames are not allowed and will be not activated! thx

Dear Venomland Members and Friends, Venomland is a little more than 6 years old now and by far the biggest Hot Snake community on the Planet! We want to thank all of you who made Venomland the leading Board. We are also very thankful to our Moderators and Admins for years of hard work. Now, it is time to move on. I have been thinking how to proceed and what to do with our beloved board as we reach a size, that we need to make drastic changes to secure the future of our community. As of now, Venomland is hosted by a free (well mostly free) hosting service. That was good for the first years but now we need to find a new way to run our forum. I have spend hundreds of Dollars over the years to keep Venomland up and running, and i have done so with pleasure. Now, we need your help! We need to come up with several thousand dollars for our Venomland 2.0 project, which i frankly cant pay for any longer by myself. So Venomland is asking his Friends and Members for the first time for their financial Support. Please help to keep Venomland alive, and let us move on to a new, better Portal in the Future! Every Dollar is helping us a great deal. I know, its hard times for everyone, but please spare a few Dollar for our community. If you have only 10 Dollars to spare, we are grateful, if it is more, it would be awesome. We are planning to develop a very new Venomland, with real community functions, a forum like you are already loving it and a real (online) Hot Snake Magazin. Also, there will be download areas for scientific papers, Wallpapers and more. Again folks, we can only do that if you all help. Please send me a Private Message if you want to keep Venomland alive, i will provide you with the details on how to donate Money. For now, we can accept money from creditcards via skrill (please google it, its a free service - account-details will be forwarded to you) and paypal. All the best, and for a (hopefully) nice future of our Board. Mario

Ahaetulla prasina & Dispholidus typus

Go down 
+3
Fabian Dirks
Sascha Beckhoff
Julian Löppenberg
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Julian Löppenberg
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper
Julian Löppenberg

Male
Number of posts : 43
Registration date : 2009-11-25

Ahaetulla prasina & Dispholidus typus Empty
PostSubject: Ahaetulla prasina & Dispholidus typus   Ahaetulla prasina & Dispholidus typus Icon_minitimeSat 20 Mar - 21:41

Hello,

just wanted to share some pics from my new snakes i picked up at the Hamm show last weekend. The boomslangs are wc and lived at a farm in south africa since a while and seem to be in perfect condition, just stunning animals. I`m really looking forward to try to feed them the first time Very Happy

Ahaetulla prasina & Dispholidus typus Img_1710
Ahaetulla prasina & Dispholidus typus Img_1711
Ahaetulla prasina & Dispholidus typus Img_1712
Ahaetulla prasina & Dispholidus typus Img_1713

The Ahaetulla i got 5 juvenile animals from a friend which just arrived a few days before, also making a good impression except one whick has a bend at the tale
Ahaetulla prasina & Dispholidus typus Img_1714
Ahaetulla prasina & Dispholidus typus Img_1715
Ahaetulla prasina & Dispholidus typus Img_1716
Ahaetulla prasina & Dispholidus typus Img_1717
Ahaetulla prasina & Dispholidus typus Img_1718

regards
Julian
Back to top Go down
Sascha Beckhoff
Snakemaster
Snakemaster
Sascha Beckhoff

Male
Number of posts : 313
Registration date : 2010-01-14

PostSubject: Re: Ahaetulla prasina & Dispholidus typus   Ahaetulla prasina & Dispholidus typus Icon_minitimeSat 20 Mar - 22:37

boomslangs are very nice looking animals,but they are really bad customers!
greetings Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Fabian Dirks
Serpent Chief
Serpent Chief
Fabian Dirks

Male
Number of posts : 766
Registration date : 2009-01-07

PostSubject: Re: Ahaetulla prasina & Dispholidus typus   Ahaetulla prasina & Dispholidus typus Icon_minitimeSun 21 Mar - 2:24

Really nice specimen
Back to top Go down
http://www.rear-fanged.com
NiekHofman
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper
NiekHofman

Male
Number of posts : 83
Registration date : 2009-12-15

PostSubject: Re: Ahaetulla prasina & Dispholidus typus   Ahaetulla prasina & Dispholidus typus Icon_minitimeSun 21 Mar - 3:14

I really love the boomers!. If you ever want to get rid of them drop me a line Smile
Back to top Go down
Stefan Thomson
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer
Stefan Thomson

Male
Number of posts : 178
Registration date : 2008-08-25

PostSubject: Re: Ahaetulla prasina & Dispholidus typus   Ahaetulla prasina & Dispholidus typus Icon_minitimeSun 21 Mar - 14:52

Awesome snakes, especially the green-yellow-black boomslang Smile Wish you luck with those!
Back to top Go down
http://www.exotic-animals.tk
Chris Jones
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper
Chris Jones

Male
Number of posts : 51
Registration date : 2009-12-18

PostSubject: Re: Ahaetulla prasina & Dispholidus typus   Ahaetulla prasina & Dispholidus typus Icon_minitimeSun 21 Mar - 17:11

Lovely looking animals....the Booms are almost certainly from southern KZN which is an area that has some of the most attractive males.
Would be interesting to see how they do with you.
What are your Ahaetulla prasina feeding on?
Back to top Go down
Julian Löppenberg
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper
Julian Löppenberg

Male

PostSubject: Re: Ahaetulla prasina & Dispholidus typus   Ahaetulla prasina & Dispholidus typus Icon_minitimeSun 21 Mar - 18:31

The prasinas are feeding on lizards. It`s really great fun to wath them hunt on those Very Happy

Also hope that with the boomslangs all goes well, but there`s no reason to doubt on this at the moment.

I made some feeding pics Wink

Ahaetulla prasina & Dispholidus typus Img_1719
Ahaetulla prasina & Dispholidus typus Img_1720
Ahaetulla prasina & Dispholidus typus Img_1721
Ahaetulla prasina & Dispholidus typus Img_1722
Back to top Go down
Jonas Hill
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer
Jonas Hill

Male
Number of posts : 115
Registration date : 2010-01-21

PostSubject: Re: Ahaetulla prasina & Dispholidus typus   Ahaetulla prasina & Dispholidus typus Icon_minitimeSun 21 Mar - 19:17

Hi Julian,

nice animals, wish you all the best and hopefully some breeding action in the future, too!

Your squam, by the way, does well!

Gruß Jonas
Back to top Go down
http://www.realsnakes.de
Julian Löppenberg
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper
Julian Löppenberg

Male

PostSubject: Re: Ahaetulla prasina & Dispholidus typus   Ahaetulla prasina & Dispholidus typus Icon_minitimeSun 21 Mar - 19:31

Hi Jonas,

thanks for the wishes.
Thats great to hear, i wish you great fun with the little critter Wink
Back to top Go down
Stefan Thomson
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer
Stefan Thomson

Male

PostSubject: Re: Ahaetulla prasina & Dispholidus typus   Ahaetulla prasina & Dispholidus typus Icon_minitimeSat 10 Jul - 18:12

I think we need more pictures of your beautiful snakes, all has gone well?
Youve got enough of those boomies and are ready to hand them over to me?? Just kidding Wink
Back to top Go down
Julian Löppenberg
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper
Julian Löppenberg

Male

PostSubject: Re: Ahaetulla prasina & Dispholidus typus   Ahaetulla prasina & Dispholidus typus Icon_minitimeSat 10 Jul - 20:36

Hm, yes they are doing well, the only problem is that the male didn`t started to eat till now.
Till now i just tried mice and chicken with all possible tricks but he`s not very interested.
I think i`ll try if he goes on lizards the next days Rolling Eyes

You also had some problems to get them eating? If so, perhaps you can give me some information about

Sadly the 2 want to stay here at my place Wink

The Ahaetulla are doing very well, atm i have 9 of them and all take frozen mice by now.

Don`t know which of these to species i like more Laughing
Back to top Go down
Stefan Thomson
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer
Stefan Thomson

Male

PostSubject: Re: Ahaetulla prasina & Dispholidus typus   Ahaetulla prasina & Dispholidus typus Icon_minitimeSun 11 Jul - 1:52

The 2 wont stay there? Do you need my address where to send them?? Razz

Male isn´t eating? Can you tell more about how you house them? Together or separately? Whatkind of cage etc.? What tricks have you tried?
I had problems with the babies as they loved lizards but when i run out of lizards they weren´t interested in mice at all. Although when i opened up a lizard and scented the mice they were taken straight even from my forceps. These days the remaining kids don´t take from forceps but they always eat when i leave the food on a branch and leave them alone. The adults fly towards the forceps when it´s feeding time and i can do whatever i want in their enclosure when they eat and they don´t care. The male was abit shy in the beginning but he soon learned good habits and feeding is very easy.

Hopefully it would start eating there soon.
And nice to know the Ahaetulla are fine, hopefully youll have no problems with them in the future Smile

And i know what you meen, Ahaetulla is a bizarre looking species Very Happy But very interesting snakes!
Back to top Go down
Julian Löppenberg
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper
Julian Löppenberg

Male

PostSubject: Re: Ahaetulla prasina & Dispholidus typus   Ahaetulla prasina & Dispholidus typus Icon_minitimeWed 14 Jul - 6:19

Hi,

at the moment i keep them together in a 60*100*110 terrarium (know its to small on constancy). They are plants in it so they can hide and feel save.

I tried mice and chicken, living and dead. I separated them for long time and left the male in the cage but he was not interested in food.

Few hours ago i cord a small gecko on a chicken and put that in the trees, when i risked a look some time later he was eating it Very Happy

Now i hope that he will accept just chicken in the next time, but have some frosted geckos left.

Some Ahaetulla i have left when you are interested Smile
Back to top Go down
Stefan Thomson
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer
Stefan Thomson

Male

PostSubject: Re: Ahaetulla prasina & Dispholidus typus   Ahaetulla prasina & Dispholidus typus Icon_minitimeSat 31 Jul - 1:32

Sorry for late reply but man it´s nice to hear that he ate that by himself Smile Any progress, he´s now eating everything like a horse? Hopefully he is, and if not then hopefully he would start soon Smile

Ahaetulla are nice, not the easiest snakes but very fascinating sp. I had few and even got some youngsters out, now i´m trying to figure out what species i want to keep so Ahaetukka will have to wait for awhile Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ahaetulla prasina & Dispholidus typus   Ahaetulla prasina & Dispholidus typus Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ahaetulla prasina & Dispholidus typus
Page 1 of 1