VenomLand
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please beware, to register at venomland you are requested to use your full name (first and family name) - nicknames are not allowed and will be not activated! thx

Dear Venomland Members and Friends, Venomland is a little more than 6 years old now and by far the biggest Hot Snake community on the Planet! We want to thank all of you who made Venomland the leading Board. We are also very thankful to our Moderators and Admins for years of hard work. Now, it is time to move on. I have been thinking how to proceed and what to do with our beloved board as we reach a size, that we need to make drastic changes to secure the future of our community. As of now, Venomland is hosted by a free (well mostly free) hosting service. That was good for the first years but now we need to find a new way to run our forum. I have spend hundreds of Dollars over the years to keep Venomland up and running, and i have done so with pleasure. Now, we need your help! We need to come up with several thousand dollars for our Venomland 2.0 project, which i frankly cant pay for any longer by myself. So Venomland is asking his Friends and Members for the first time for their financial Support. Please help to keep Venomland alive, and let us move on to a new, better Portal in the Future! Every Dollar is helping us a great deal. I know, its hard times for everyone, but please spare a few Dollar for our community. If you have only 10 Dollars to spare, we are grateful, if it is more, it would be awesome. We are planning to develop a very new Venomland, with real community functions, a forum like you are already loving it and a real (online) Hot Snake Magazin. Also, there will be download areas for scientific papers, Wallpapers and more. Again folks, we can only do that if you all help. Please send me a Private Message if you want to keep Venomland alive, i will provide you with the details on how to donate Money. For now, we can accept money from creditcards via skrill (please google it, its a free service - account-details will be forwarded to you) and paypal. All the best, and for a (hopefully) nice future of our Board. Mario

Breeding started here too...

Go down 
+2
Jason Bruno
Peter Pastor
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Peter Pastor
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer
Peter Pastor

Number of posts : 204
Registration date : 2008-03-08

Breeding started here too... Empty
PostSubject: Breeding started here too...   Breeding started here too... Icon_minitimeTue 13 Apr - 5:20

Hello all...

Well, also our snakes don`t want to stay behind, and we got first clutch after a while. At the beginning of the year we breed Naja naja "polyocellata", which is followed now by its Pakistan family.
This adult pair of Naja naja "karachiensis" is over us on breeding loan from David Nixon, to whom I would like to say big "Thanks" at this place... We are trying to breed also our next 2 females, so we will see what the result is. Fingers crossed, but we are more as happy already now...
Few days ago female laid 15 good and 1 bad eggs. She spent a long time before it in laying box, almost one month. Approx. 2 weeks before laying she took her pre-laying shedding, what was a good sign for us. Here are pictures:

Breeding started here too... P1070910

Breeding started here too... P1070911

Breeding started here too... P1070912

Breeding started here too... P1070916

Breeding started here too... P1070914

Breeding started here too... P1070915

Pictures were taken by Marek... Can`t wait for hatching of babies... Female of Naja nubiae is going to lay eggs soon too, what is making us happy as well, as last breeding of this species was already 3 years ago. Hope more breedings are to follow...

Cheers,
Peter
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Breeding started here too...   Breeding started here too... Icon_minitimeTue 13 Apr - 5:36

Congrats! Cant wait to see them hatching.
Back to top Go down
Jason Bruno
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer
Jason Bruno

Male
Number of posts : 142
Registration date : 2009-12-06

PostSubject: Re: Breeding started here too...   Breeding started here too... Icon_minitimeTue 13 Apr - 8:04

Very nice! Congrats.
Back to top Go down
Maciej Pokrywka
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer
Maciej Pokrywka

Male
Number of posts : 126
Registration date : 2009-11-30

PostSubject: Re: Breeding started here too...   Breeding started here too... Icon_minitimeTue 13 Apr - 8:44

Congratulations!
Can't wait to see the babies popping out, I wonder what will they look like... Are they as black as the parents from the begginning?
Fingers crossed,
Maciej
Back to top Go down
Peter Pastor
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer
Peter Pastor

Number of posts : 204
Registration date : 2008-03-08

PostSubject: Re: Breeding started here too...   Breeding started here too... Icon_minitimeTue 13 Apr - 14:32

Thanks guys.

Maciej, you can see babies from last year breeding in David`s thread here:
https://venomland.forumotion.com/naja-f1/pakistan-black-naja-naja-eggs-hatched-this-morning-t1288.htm

Cheers,
Peter
Back to top Go down
Karl Müller
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper
Karl Müller

Male
Number of posts : 93
Registration date : 2009-04-26

PostSubject: Re: Breeding started here too...   Breeding started here too... Icon_minitimeTue 13 Apr - 14:56

Peter congratulation to the clutch! Very Happy Very Happy
The eggs look really healthy, good luck with them!
Cheers,
Karl
Back to top Go down
Brett Franklin
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer
Brett Franklin

Male
Number of posts : 118
Registration date : 2009-07-15

PostSubject: Re: Breeding started here too...   Breeding started here too... Icon_minitimeTue 13 Apr - 15:25

Very nice Peter!
Back to top Go down
David Nixon
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer
David Nixon

Male
Number of posts : 156
Registration date : 2008-09-19

PostSubject: Re: Breeding started here too...   Breeding started here too... Icon_minitimeWed 14 Apr - 1:37

Well done Peter - I wish you all the best mate. I sure am missing my cobra's :-)
Back to top Go down
http://www.midlandsreptiles.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Breeding started here too...   Breeding started here too... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Breeding started here too...
Page 1 of 1